Lee Wallace?

BigAlim

JamboAberdeen

wallace shouldnt walk back into the team, yes he is one of our best players however lets point out two facts:

1. we've had our best run in 5 years without him in the team - conceeding heehaw goals

2. we've seen the best of young templeton since wallace got injured

im not saying wallace isnt better than palazelous at left back, however wallace is incredibly attacking. perhaps palazelous offers us a more solid defensive unit, and the fact the templeton knows palazelous is always behind him it means he doesnt have to worry too much about losing the ball/tracking back.

real madrid/chelsea/man city are all testament that playing all your best players at the same time doesnt guarentee success!

as for driver walking back in and replacing two t's - people should really pay more attention at football matches. eliotts off the ball running, link up play and work rate is tremendous. if you dont believe me, listen to a few of JJ's interviews after matches

no changes for saints or hibs as long as the winning streak continues

Well, two t's may be working hard off the ball but no much end products.

We need someone who put a ball back of the net, but none of kyle or him has been prolific yet, and kyle offers more to the team IMO.

So two t's has to start scoring more often, or should make a way for other players.

Wallace and Templeton down the left is a mouth watering prospect.

Very strange to link Templetons upturn in form to Wallaces absence. Strange, and incorrect I'd suggest.

Even Wallace and Rudi on the left with Temps and Eggert on the right.

JJ has managed to put together a decent squad of players.

Well, two t's may be working hard off the ball but no much end products.

We need someone who put a ball back of the net, but none of kyle or him has been prolific yet, and kyle offers more to the team IMO.

So two t's has to start scoring more often, or should make a way for other players.

I think this is a fair comment.

If we're serious about trying to pressurise the teams above us, Eliott is going to have to start putting away his chances or we're going to be forced to look elsewhere, either within our present squad or further afield within the transfer window.

I think Lee will walk back into the starting eleven but not until late January when his fitness levels are up to scratch, as for Andrew Driver with the injuries he has had early February for his comeback but it will be on the bench because of the form of Temps.

Grumpy.

scott herbertson

Wallace and Templeton down the left is a mouth watering prospect.

Very strange to link Templetons upturn in form to Wallaces absence. Strange, and incorrect I'd suggest.

I thought it was a reasonable point myself. You can't rule out how players combine with each other when assessing whether to change a team.

For example I used to think Hearts teams worked very well with Camazzola in the defensive midfield position - a much more limited player than others available but he balanced the team. Having an attacking full back with a very attack minded and lightwight wide player can be risky and can leave you exposed (albeit it may also lead to more goals and more exciting football). Having a soldly defensive full back behind him may be helpful to Templeton, in that JJ may be say "don't worry about leaving any gaps or losing the ball , just go for it" whereas with Wallace in there he might have to say "When Lee overlaps, tuck in".

I'm not saying Wallace shouldn't come back but there is a logic to the OP

A few points of note.

1. Lee Wallace is our best player.

2. Palazuelos has been a decent stand in but is no left back.

3. We have conceded recently.

4. Wallace would not hinder Templeton.

5. Our winning streak ended last week.

i was merely playing devils advocate, wallace is currently the most valuable player in our squad (templeton will be evetually), and i look forward to him returning.

but to suggest that we change a team which is performing so well, i think is rash. wallace will come back in to first team football, but it will conincide with palazelous being moved to cover another position or a dip in his form.

i think wallace is a terrific player, but i think when he plays left back he sometimes struggles to juggle defending and attacking - normally getting caught doing the latter. he is a terrific attacking threat with great pace and ability, and he has shown he has great defensive abilities when he plays at centre half. but he wont make it to the top top teams as a left back, unless he finds a balance of defending and attacking.

having said that perhaps with mroweic being one of our best defensive meidfielders since i'd argue brellier, wallace will have more cover if he gets caught going up the park

I thought it was a reasonable point myself. You can't rule out how players combine with each other when assessing whether to change a team.

For example I used to think Hearts teams worked very well with Camazzola in the defensive midfield position - a much more limited player than others available but he balanced the team. Having an attacking full back with a very attack minded and lightwight wide player can be risky and can leave you exposed (albeit it may also lead to more goals and more exciting football). Having a soldly defensive full back behind him may be helpful to Templeton, in that JJ may be say "don't worry about leaving any gaps or losing the ball , just go for it" whereas with Wallace in there he might have to say "When Lee overlaps, tuck in".

I'm not saying Wallace shouldn't come back but there is a logic to the OP

this was the point i was alluding too

it has to be said, what a delight it is to have these problems!! a lot better than last year "who do we play up front? obua? nade?"

I would drop Elliott, move Temps to the right and Driver on the left (provided Driver has proved himself and fully fit.)

Like your thinking.

Yes there is.

Wallace is a vastly superior player to Ruben and that's no slight against him. Wallace could play in any league in the world - Ruben could not. If dropping Ruben is bad for his confidence how will a Scottish international feel at being left out in favour of someone playing out of position?

The crux of your argument is that it will hurt Ruben's feelings to drop him? Sorry but that's nonsense.

Ruben play in greece,spain and here.How you say Ruben cannot play in other league.You crazy or stupid

Dr Ian Malcolm

D'Angelo: Where's Wallace at? ... Where's the boy, String?

Stringer: D'Angelo, shut your mouth.

D'Angelo: Where's Wallace? That's all I wanna know.

Levy: Kid, you better think...

D'Angelo: Where's Wallace? Where the **** is Wallace? Huh? Huh? String? String? Look at me! Where the **** is Wallace? HUH!? I don't want this Payless-wearing ###### representing me. I'mma get my own man. So just get back in your car and get the **** back down south.

Stringer: A'ight, you stupid ######, you made your decision

D'Angelo: Yeah, I made my decision. Where's Wallace at? Where the **** is Wallace? Where's Wallace, String? String! Where the **** is Wallace? Huh? Stringer?!

Saved me posting it.

250px-Wallace_the_wire.jpg

Archived