Lee Wallace?

BigAlim

Last i heard was that he was back in training and looking to be involved against Hibs. I think that might just be a wee bit too early for him though.

I'm looking forward to him and a fully fit Driver returning to the 1st eleven :thumbsup:

Captain Lithuania

Last i heard was that he was back in training and looking to be involved against Hibs. I think that might just be a wee bit too early for him though.

I'm looking forward to him and a fully fit Driver returning to the 1st eleven :thumbsup:

A what?

But I'd expect Wallace to be on the bench on Sunday if he wants to play against the Hibs.

and who is driver replacing or are you talking about him coming on as an impact sub?

jamboinglasgow

and who is driver replacing or are you talking about him coming on as an impact sub?

I would drop Elliott, move Temps to the right and Driver on the left (provided Driver has proved himself and fully fit.)

It would be madness to have either involved v Hibs.

Softly softly catchy monkey.

especially when we beat them at easter road without them :rolleyes:

I don't think a weekly query is enough.

KICKBACK, can we start a brand new "When is Wallace back?" Thread every two days. Remember, brand new thread each time.

I would drop Elliott, move Temps to the right and Driver on the left (provided Driver has proved himself and fully fit.)

i'd leave him out personally. templeton might not be effective on the right as he likes to cut inside onto his right foot from the left.

Until driver proves himself i dont think he should start. eliott has done a good enough job imo and should not be dropped.

it's actually incredible that we've had the amazing run without wallace. who could have predicted it at the time of lee's injury?

there's no particular hurry to get him back in. he might as well get that extra bit of recovery time and plenty of bounce game action before his return.

that said, the thought of yet another attacking threat in the current team is almost beyond the realms of what we've ever known in a hearts side.

there's no place for driver at the moment. end of.

JJ said in his pre-match conference that Lee is just needing a run out as he is a fit lad. Was meant to play in a closed door game yesterday v QOS but physio's advised against it.......obviously not too far away

mahgrassyshoes

i'd leave him out personally. templeton might not be effective on the right as he likes to cut inside onto his right foot from the left.

Until driver proves himself i dont think he should start. eliott has done a good enough job imo and should not be dropped.

I remember Temps playing quite well on the right wing last season against Celtic, whipping in a great cross for Bouzids winner at Tynie!

I heard BB on the radio last week saying Wallace would be back in the team by now if it wasn't for the weather. Hasn't been able to be involved in any bounce matches to get him fit etc.

JJ said in his pre-match conference that Lee is just needing a run out as he is a fit lad. Was meant to play in a closed door game yesterday v QOS but physio's advised against it.......obviously not too far away

Spot on and he said Wallace is still targeting the derby and he wont need a lot of game time as he is 'a naturally fit lad'

it's actually incredible that we've had the amazing run without wallace. who could have predicted it at the time of lee's injury?

there's no particular hurry to get him back in. he might as well get that extra bit of recovery time and plenty of bounce game action before his return.

that said, the thought of yet another attacking threat in the current team is almost beyond the realms of what we've ever known in a hearts side.

i doubt anyone could tell how well we are now positioned. I think a lot of that has been down to Zal coming back in the team after his little vlad flu episode. He has really steadied the defence and i'd like to see us sign another CB to take bouzids place. imo he is our weak link in a very good team

i doubt anyone could tell how well we are now positioned. I think a lot of that has been down to Zal coming back in the team after his little vlad flu episode. He has really steadied the defence and i'd like to see us sign another CB to take bouzids place. imo he is our weak link in a very good team

It is a massive compliment to Ruben that he has stepped into our best player's position and we have had the best run of results for years. Hopefully Wallace can come back on the same level he was on before his injury though - one of the best players in the SPL.

I also hope that Driver will come back fit - and will replace Elliott. Adding pace to our attacking 3 - and with Rudi playing behind them - would be tremendous.

Like Wallace, a fully fit and flying Andy Driver will have no trouble finding a place in our team. Normally players get thought more of on here when they're out/unavailable, seems people have forgotten just how good he is.

Strange.

The sooner he is back the better IMO.

Rudolf's Mate

Good post and bang on the money.

No place in the team for Driver (starting anyway) and I'd give Calum a run out in place of Stevie.

Like Wallace, a fully fit and flying Andy Driver will have no trouble finding a place in our team. Normally players get thought more of on here when they're out/unavailable, seems people have forgotten just how good he is.

Strange.

Correctumundo :thumbsup:

Strange.

Spot on. Both will be back in the first 11 when fit and we'll be even better for it.

Snake Plissken

It is a massive compliment to Ruben that he has stepped into our best player's position and we have had the best run of results for years. Hopefully Wallace can come back on the same level he was on before his injury though - one of the best players in the SPL.

I also hope that Driver will come back fit - and will replace Elliott. Adding pace to our attacking 3 - and with Rudi playing behind them - would be tremendous.

I'm Teenwolf and I approve of this post.

Spoke to a former Hearts player last week that is helping train the U19's at the moment and he said that Wallace is back in training but carrying a bit of extra timber! Might be a few weeks before he is involved. I would imagine they will arrange a couple of bounce games for him to play before throwing back into the first team. Can't wait until he is back though, will be like a new signing for us.

once driver is fit and back available i confidently predict a place will be found for him in the starting 11 within a few weeks.

not sure exactly how the pack will be shuffled but he`ll end up in the side.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Don't see why Ruben should be dropped as he has been solid there. Found his position IMO.

Wallace shouldn't be able to walk into the squad just because he is back from injury

Snake Plissken

Don't see why Ruben should be dropped as he has been solid there. Found his position IMO.

Wallace shouldn't be able to walk into the squad just because he is back from injury

Except that Wallace is the best left back in the SPL by some distance.

That would be akin to keeping out Craig Gordon in favour of Steve Banks.

is this an attempt to open up a discussion frank? you can`t be serious.

winston churchill

ruben has done a fine job but wallace is the best player(when fit)on our books.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Except that Wallace is the best left back in the SPL by some distance.

That would be akin to keeping out Craig Gordon in favour of Steve Banks.

Hardly that gulf in class.

More like the same situation at with Gordon and McGregor. Gordon is the better player but dropping a player who is playing well will dent his confidence.

Dropping Ruben will batter his confidence.

Snake Plissken

Hardly that gulf in class.

More like the same situation at with Gordon and McGregor. Gordon is the better player but dropping a player who is playing well will dent his confidence.

Dropping Ruben will batter his confidence.

Yes there is.

Wallace is a vastly superior player to Ruben and that's no slight against him. Wallace could play in any league in the world - Ruben could not. If dropping Ruben is bad for his confidence how will a Scottish international feel at being left out in favour of someone playing out of position?

The crux of your argument is that it will hurt Ruben's feelings to drop him? Sorry but that's nonsense.

Can't have that. Ruben himself wouldn't call himself a leftback, Wallace fit, straight back in, Ruben return to mid to compete for a place. On the other hand, wouldn't drop two t's for Driver, that IMO would upset the balance of the team and put too much on Kyle. IMO 2 t's a very intelligent player and under-rated by some peeps.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Yes there is.

Wallace is a vastly superior player to Ruben and that's no slight against him. Wallace could play in any league in the world - Ruben could not. If dropping Ruben is bad for his confidence how will a Scottish international feel at being left out in favour of someone playing out of position?

The crux of your argument is that it will hurt Ruben's feelings to drop him? Sorry but that's nonsense.

We have a player playing out of his skin and playing in a winning team. For all we know, bringing in Wallace might upset the balance of the team.

I am not disagreeing that Wallace is a better player, but my argument is why should we drop a player who playing brilliantly in a team that seems to have have gelled so well.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Can't have that. Ruben himself wouldn't call himself a leftback, Wallace fit, straight back in, Ruben return to mid to compete for a place. On the other hand, wouldn't drop two t's for Driver, that IMO would upset the balance of the team and put too much on Kyle. IMO 2 t's a very intelligent player and under-rated by some peeps.

I think Ruben has settled into left back and should now consider himself a left back as he plays better there than he has ever done in midfeild.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think in cases like this you play up the auxillary that is doing well and say that the returning mainstay must fight for hos place but as soon as a re-jig is required Ruben maybe covers a midfield berth to compensate foe an injury and then Wallace is expected to grab the LB role and not look back. Seems like that is how it goes. Elliot for example was excellent before one game he had a slight dip in form and the superior Elliott came in to replace him, harsh perhaps but JJ knows who the best players are and will do what is right for the team without upsetting Ruben and Elliot etc along the way.

You need a very strong squad to compete with the OF over a season and much of that can hinge upon having a good first eleven with a strong and reliable bench, I think we are close to that and if anyone has the man-managment skills to keep all threse guys happy then, for me, JJ is that guy.

Snake Plissken

We have a player playing out of his skin and playing in a winning team. For all we know, bringing in Wallace might upset the balance of the team.

I am not disagreeing that Wallace is a better player, but my argument is why should we drop a player who playing brilliantly in a team that seems to have have gelled so well.

So you want to play an inferior player in favour of a better one?

:smiliz23:

I think describing Ruben's performances as 'brilliant' are a little bit much. He's doing a good job, sure, but Ruben at his best is Lee Wallace on a pretty poor day. I cannot wait for Lee to come back and it's good to know Ruben is there to step in if needed.

You've answered your own question there. Because he is a better player, a much much better player. There's not a left back in the SPL who is as good as Wallace.

Would be utter madness to keep him out the squad just in case Ruben gets a bit upset about not playing.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

TW,

In order for Ruben to be able to step in again, he needs to be treated fairly and not just be jettisoned upon Lee's return. I am confident JJ, BB and GL will facilitate this changeing of the guard meticulously with minimum tantrums and fuss.

;)

Hearts are not going to leave out one of their biggest saleable assets as Ruben "is doing well". Hearts are not going to leave a fit Wallace on the bench for a considerable period of time as his value will drop.

Due to the nature of the injury, Wallace will be eased in and Ruben gradually eased out.

Snake Plissken

TW,

In order for Ruben to be able to step in again, he needs to be treated fairly and not just be jettisoned upon Lee's return. I am confident JJ, BB and GL will facilitate this changeing of the guard meticulously with minimum tantrums and fuss.

;)

Mothy

In order to win football matches we must play our best players.

Lee Wallace is our best player, if deemed match fit he must play.

Much love,

Teenwolf

Dont be silly.

D'Angelo: Where's Wallace at? ... Where's the boy, String?

Stringer: D'Angelo, shut your mouth.

D'Angelo: Where's Wallace? That's all I wanna know.

Levy: Kid, you better think...

D'Angelo: Where's Wallace? Where the **** is Wallace? Huh? Huh? String? String? Look at me! Where the **** is Wallace? HUH!? I don't want this Payless-wearing ###### representing me. I'mma get my own man. So just get back in your car and get the **** back down south.

Stringer: A'ight, you stupid ######, you made your decision

D'Angelo: Yeah, I made my decision. Where's Wallace at? Where the **** is Wallace? Where's Wallace, String? String! Where the **** is Wallace? Huh? Stringer?!

pettigrewsstylist

this,,,,,,,,,,,,with kyle up top on his own and Rudi in the hole behind him,,,,,and stevenson behind him

could be a cricket score if that happened :0)

pettigrewsstylist

I really can't understand why people want to drop S Elliott, jesus guys, he'll be and is an important player for us.

i hope youre right but his record of making goalkeepers palms sting when he has possesion in goalscoring positions is not great i reckon?

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I don't think a weekly query is enough.

KICKBACK, can we start a brand new "When is Wallace back?" Thread every two days. Remember, brand new thread each time.

I love me some post-Christmas cynicism. Especially from people who are generally cheery.

I love me some post-Christmas cynicism. Especially from people who are generally cheery.

At the risk of pedantry, I'd call it pre-Christmas jocularity.

Oh, and I am generally cheery JMT, I just wish it would rub off and we could be a cheery website. :thumbsup:

wallace shouldnt walk back into the team, yes he is one of our best players however lets point out two facts:

1. we've had our best run in 5 years without him in the team - conceeding heehaw goals

2. we've seen the best of young templeton since wallace got injured

im not saying wallace isnt better than palazelous at left back, however wallace is incredibly attacking. perhaps palazelous offers us a more solid defensive unit, and the fact the templeton knows palazelous is always behind him it means he doesnt have to worry too much about losing the ball/tracking back.

real madrid/chelsea/man city are all testament that playing all your best players at the same time doesnt guarentee success!

as for driver walking back in and replacing two t's - people should really pay more attention at football matches. eliotts off the ball running, link up play and work rate is tremendous. if you dont believe me, listen to a few of JJ's interviews after matches

no changes for saints or hibs as long as the winning streak continues

wallace shouldnt walk back into the team, yes he is one of our best players however lets point out two facts:

1. we've had our best run in 5 years without him in the team - conceeding heehaw goals

im not saying wallace isnt better than palazelous at left back, however wallace is incredibly attacking. perhaps palazelous offers us a more solid defensive unit, and the fact the templeton knows palazelous is always behind him it means he doesnt have to worry too much about losing the ball/tracking back.

real madrid/chelsea/man city are all testament that playing all your best players at the same time doesnt guarentee success!

as for driver walking back in and replacing two t's - people should really pay more attention at football matches. eliotts off the ball running, link up play and work rate is tremendous. if you dont believe me, listen to a few of JJ's interviews after matches

Are you suggesting that Wallace was hindering Temps previously? :huh:

Pretty bizarre link you're suggesting there.

Ruben is doing well but Wallace has to come back into the team when he's fit.

Are you suggesting that Wallace was hindering Temps previously? :huh:

Pretty bizarre link you're suggesting there.

Ruben is doing well but Wallace has to come back into the team when he's fit.

Wallace and Templeton down the left is a mouth watering prospect.

Very strange to link Templetons upturn in form to Wallaces absence. Strange, and incorrect I'd suggest.

A few points of note.

1. Lee Wallace is our best player.

2. Palazuelos has been a decent stand in but is no left back.

3. We have conceded recently.

4. Wallace would not hinder Templeton.

5. Our winning streak ended last week.

Archived