A weegie perspective aint so bad / Herald Report (Merged Threads)

Guest vanbasten1874

Guest vanbasten1874

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hearts/eastern-promise-or-a-false-dawn-are-hearts-genuine-title-contenders-1.1074703?

Now and again the Herald opens my eyes regards balanced journalism something the redtops will never attain only wish our LOCAL paper printed in Glasgow could match the Herald in quality i think they may have smelled the coffee way to late tho cest la vie .

Hearts would like to trim the first-team squad, which contains 27 senior professionals, but also sign at least one player, who Jefferies has been watching for some time, during the transfer window.

Another bid for Bryson in January?

Suspect Device

Another bid for Bryson in January?

not sure if it'll be Bryson.

JJ hinted at going for a midfielder in Jan who is out of contract in the summer at the fan forum thing a couple of months ago

think Bryson has longer to go but stand to be corrected

mahgrassyshoes

not sure if it'll be Bryson.

JJ hinted at going for a midfielder in Jan who is out of contract in the summer at the fan forum thing a couple of months ago

think Bryson has longer to go but stand to be corrected

Was it not a midfielder that was out of contract in the summer and may also a bid for Bryson if funds allowed it?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/hearts/eastern-promise-or-a-false-dawn-are-hearts-genuine-title-contenders-1.1074703?

Now and again the Herald opens my eyes regards balanced journalism something the redtops will never attain only wish our LOCAL paper printed in Glasgow could match the Herald in quality i think they may have smelled the coffee way to late tho cest la vie .

The Herald has by far the best sports section in Scotland, it's the only one I actually believe when I read it! And they're not prone to sensationalist OF-bias either.

Suspect Device

Was it not a midfielder that was out of contract in the summer and may also a bid for Bryson if funds allowed it?

yeah, a mid who is out of contract summer 2011, but he was going to try for him in Jan, (I think :blink: ) :santa1:

dont think Bryson is a def no either, but that was dependent on Killie dropping their valuation

Much better article than most/all other rags BUT:

Was standing in the supermarket beside the news stand and saw the headline in the Herald regarding the possible betting scandal and was attracted to the heading:

Betting Scandal in Hearts Game

Now, it's nice to know that Hearts sell more papers then Motherwell in a headline (Scotsman/EEN take note) but if only one team was to be mentioned surely it should have been Motherwell. After all they were the home side AND it was one of their players who is under suspicion!

Never mind, they obviously couldn't help themselves but mention Hearts when there's some dirt flying around.

Wonder if THAT woman had anything to do with it??? :whistling:

Checked the Herald website and it's not there but I did come across this gem:

"Templeton, a quick-witted, sharp and gleefully creative winger, provides the team?s exhilaration, although he and Driver will have to be accommodated when both are left-footed wingers."

Temps is right footed as several TV commentators have mentioned recently when complimenting him in still delivering quality with his left!

Poor stuff yet again!

Also, have I got the league placings wrong or did we not dig out a result at 5TH placed Motherwell .............not 4th as written :rolleyes:

Captain Lithuania

yeah, a mid who is out of contract summer 2011, but he was going to try for him in Jan, (I think :blink: ) :santa1:

dont think Bryson is a def no either, but that was dependent on Killie dropping their valuation

When is Morgaro Gomis' contract 'till?

The Herald has easily the best line up of football writers in Scotland. Richard Wilson, Richard Winton, Graeme MacPherson and Michael Grant are at the top of their game, imo.

They, plus Ewan Murray of The Guardian and Grant Russell at STV are always worth reading.

I'm still a big fan of Spiersy too.

Yeah agree with all of that.

Although I always buy the Sunday Herald just for the sports section as they have some cracking articles, features and interviews. I even tend to read the Old Firm stuff as well. It also has Gabrielle Marcotti and sometimes Graham Hunter.

Also buy the Times on Monday where Spiers has a good column. Even though I sometimes disagree with what he says I still enjoy reading it which I think makes a good sports writer.

Gomis in the midfield beside Mrowiec sounds awfully good to me.

The Herald has easily the best line up of football writers in Scotland. Richard Wilson, Richard Winton, Graeme MacPherson and Michael Grant are at the top of their game, imo.

They, plus Ewan Murray of The Guardian and Grant Russell at STV are always worth reading.

I'm still a big fan of Spiersy too.

Could not agree more mate ..stopped buying the Scotsman years ago and switched to the Herald.

_45819206_aguiar226b.gif

Would pish it in this Hearts team. FACT.

Would love if he came back. Specially if he brought back Kari with him.

Aguiar and Karipidis > Black and Mrowiec (no offence to them, I think they're playing really well together)

Would love if he came back. Specially if he brought back Kari with him.

Aguiar and Karipidis > Black and Mrowiec (no offence to them, I think they're playing really well together)

We sure as shit didn't score as many, concede as little and win as many games with the former two as we have the present two.

Left sided defender, creative centre mid and other striker would be my dream wish list.

We sure as shit didn't score as many, concede as little and win as many games with the former two as we have the present two.

Left sided defender, creative centre mid and other striker would be my dream wish list.

They were surrounded by shite and managed by an inept coach.

Surely you're not suggesting that Black is better than Aguiar and Mrowiec is better than Karipidis? smiliz21.gif

They were surrounded by shite and managed by an inept coach.

Surely you're not suggesting that Black is better than Aguiar and Mrowiec is better than Karipidis? smiliz21.gif

No doubt Bruno and Kari are better techincally but the current system suits the game of Black and Mrowiec and so they are proving as valuable to the team as Bruno and Kari were in 08/09.

Nonetheless, either of them would be a terrific signing :santa1:

kingantti1874

hes a free agent according to wikipedia

ticking all the boxes imo eh

If he's a free agent we wouldn't need to wait until the window, much as I'd love it I don't think so

What I'm saying is why look back? Why not see if Levein fancies a return as he would piss on Zal and Bouzid.

Black and Mrowiec are there and doing the biz. That's just dandy with me.

Bruno walked out as we couldn't meet his demands, Kari went for family reasons. Therefore, don't want the former back and the latter wouldn't come.

Black is playing his heart out and is a jambo. Mrowiec is getting praised to the high heavens by his boss.

So yes, I will go with the current two. The technical side of thing is a moot point as Black and Mrowiec are doing what they are asked to a tee and playing their part in Hearts best team for 5 years.

Leave well alone.

What I'm saying is why look back? Why not see if Levein fancies a return as he would piss on Zal and Bouzid.

Bruno walked out as we couldn't meet his demands, Kari went for family reasons. Therefore, don't want the former back and the latter wouldn't come.

Black is playing his heart out and is a jambo. Mrowiec is getting praised to the high heavens by his boss.

So yes, I will go with the current two. The technical side of thing is a moot point as Black and Mrowiec are doing what they are asked to a tee and playing their part in Hearts best team for 5 years.

Leave well alone.

If you could get better than Black and Mrowiec (no matter how well they are playing) you would ttake them though wouldnt you? Imagine having players like Cameron and Hartely in the centre of midfield. With the existing squad and two players as good/committed as them, we'd definitely challenge for the title then.

Leave well alone.

Right. :smiliz23:

Because bringing back Aguiar, a player still at his peak, would be the same as bringing back a player who retired about 15 years ago right enough. Pretty sure Levein wouldn't piss on Bouzid or Zaliukas in his current condition.

You're right to praise Black and Mrowiec, but why should we not look to bring in better players than we have, regardless of how well we are doing? Aguiar and Karipidis are better than the pair of them, simple as that.

_45819206_aguiar226b.gif

Would pish it in this Hearts team. FACT.

Actually, in all seriousness, I disagree.

He wouldn't get a game. Always at his best playing in the AMC role, where Skacel plays now.

And as good as Bruno was... he ain't no Rudi Skacel thumbsup.gif

Cracking squad player to have though whistling.gif

If you could get better than Black and Mrowiec (no matter how well they are playing) you would ttake them though wouldnt you? Imagine having players like Cameron and Hartely in the centre of midfield. With the existing squad and two players as good/committed as them, we'd definitely challenge for the title then.

Bruno's contract would be in the region of ?15K a week. Not doable for us anymore. He walked out on a club who had stood by him through over a year of injury problems for the candy. We gave him a platform, he moved on. End of story. I want guys like Black who cares for the club and will give his all in every way. Not jump ship to the highest bidder.

Bruno may very well be a better player than Black but he just wouldn't fit. Jefferies has a squad of hard working dilligent professionals and it's working out fine. It's also a lot more in our budget.

I'm more looking forward to Jefferies unearthing the next Bruno and moving forward rather than look to the past.

I know where people are coming from - Jefferies would have made mince meat of the league with our budget over the last 5 seasons. Pinilla, Bednar, Bruno, Kingston, Karipidis etc under Jefferies in a settle side would have been good enough to be right up there for the last 4 years at least. It's quite clear that those times have passed.

Personally, I'm taking far more joy from our current set up over the mixed bunch of under achievers and mercenaries that we've had for that period of time. In a straight choice between Black/Morwiec and Bruno/Kari the technical side is obviously with the latter but the former are producing far better goods.

No doubt Bruno and Kari are better techincally but the current system suits the game of Black and Mrowiec and so they are proving as valuable to the team as Bruno and Kari were in 08/09.

Nonetheless, either of them would be a terrific signing :santa1:

I sort of argee with what you are saying mate. I think there is only one place in the team that is up for grabs right now, and that is black's. Now Bruno is a much better player going forward, but will he help out as much as black to protect the back 4 ? We saw the best of bruno when we gave him the free role behind the striker (where rudi is playing now) and i think in his younger days bruno could be that box to box player but after his injuries i don't think we wil get the best out of him.

Actually, in all seriousness, I disagree.

He wouldn't get a game. Always at his best playing in the AMC role, where Skacel plays now.

And as good as Bruno was... he ain't no Rudi Skacel thumbsup.gif

Cracking squad player to have though whistling.gif

Disagree - I think he would definitely get his game, and walk into the side at that. He was at his best playing the AMC in CSABA'S team. Prior to that, he was always played as a defensive midfielder, which obviously doesn't suit him in the SPL. I reckon if you played him as part of the three, behind Skacel with Mrowiec/Black alongside, his passing and quality would make us a better side for sure.

As Robbo points out though, the wages would be the problem.

Still adamant we should break the bank and bring the lad Pinilla home.

Deadline busting swoop for the mercurial Chilean hitman, 28, thanks Mr Romanov.

You know it, Neddy.

thumbsup.gif

I hear he's poised to jet in for crunch talks and is likely to thrash out a lucrative deal, GA. Exciting news. :thumbsup:

I hear he's poised to jet in for crunch talks and is likely to thrash out a lucrative deal, GA. Exciting news. :thumbsup:

I heard Hearts supremo Romanov has vetoed the move after hush hush talks stalled.

sad.gif

Thats a good article one slight indiscretion and its not a bad hing, but the worry of driver and temps bothe competin for the left flank spot, both have shown they are equally adept on either wing, so we should be sound!

Archived