Credit to the travelling support

gillsjambo29

if i'm being perfecly honest i could have got the car tonite and went to the game, possibly with others but chose to watch it in the pub with a pint or to.

just want to say. fair play to the people that went and that i could hear the rendition of the hearts song at kick off and you were a credit throughout the game cheering on the boys.

not an atempt at a better fan than you post but rather a thank you for the fans that the players could not give on a forum such as this. You are a credit to HMFC.

mon the JTs

Disappointed that only around 400 could make the effort to cheer on the team.

Not having a go but I thought we could have got more going along.

Regardless - a great result at a place where we always struggle these days.

loveofthegame

Drove 2 of us through, worth every penny! Not a huge support but fair play to all other Jambos who travelled through for this rescheduled match 11 days before Christmas that was being shown on Sky.

The result that we all deserved!

They deserve it more than anyone.

I've been to about 2 away games in a year. Some of those guys never miss one, even when we couldn't even buy an away game.

I'm happy for them

Miller Jambo 60

if i'm being perfecly honest i could have got the car tonite and went to the game, possibly with others but chose to watch it in the pub with a pint or to.

just want to say. fair play to the people that went and that i could hear the rendition of the hearts song at kick off and you were a credit throughout the game cheering on the boys.

not an atempt at a better fan than you post but rather a thank you for the fans that the players could not give on a forum such as this. You are a credit to HMFC.

mon the JTs

Stayed in the hoose cos im a cold auld fart, celebrated wi my boys but thanks the young team and you auld yins.

I can see a big support heading through to Rugby Park on Boxing Day.

The team sure deserve it.

I hope so mate, I'll certainly be there.

Better call Saul

only 400 :unsure:

Really ? looked more from where i was sitting and many other boards reporting more :unsure:

hope your right mate.

bit mistified, despite the best ran of away results in a long time, how poor our travelling support has been this season.

Miller Jambo 60

Cool mate , my wee man is 12 and his brother 16 wanted to go, so thought weather might be bad.

Got SKY SPORTS and we all partied in the house.

Im not a true fan, but vlove my team.

Dougie

Miller Jambo 60

You going, as you rip us up all the time.

Romanov ok now or are you 2 faced im Dougstar

Drylaw Hearts

hope your right mate.

bit mistified, despite the best ran of away results in a long time, how poor our travelling support has been this season.

I suspect too many have simply got into the habit of not going and are now finding excuses not to go.

The team deserve better at the moment imo.

hope your right mate.

My personal view is that I've been to these matches before, the ones that COULD / SHOULD cement a good run, and

all to often we've simply never turned up or else the ref has gone and done us over.

Fair play to people who go whether we're in form or not though............but isn't that a bit like traipsing along to a chic flick

when you know fine well the burds got the painters in and you'll be 'getting' zilch when you get home

:santa1:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

I wish I was there with you lot tonight :(

You sounded awful on the TV though, don't know what it was actually like in the stand.

You sounded awful on the TV though, don't know what it was actually like in the stand.

I'm a bit surprised SKY didn't encourage Motherwell to have our fans in the bottom tier?

Commander Harris

a very good atmosphere, particularly given the smaller support - not too surprised the pitchside microphones didn't pick us up too well given we were put in the top tier. ?

Tuesday night is shan as hell.

Had it been Wednesday, I could have been there but Tuesdays are no go's for Husref.

Oh, and I don't think I have ever seen us win at that stadium; Thanks in advance. :)

Bungalow Bill

Was a poor turn out considering the run we are on. We are now 3 pts behind Celtic and we're almost at Christmas!!! The fans have a big part to play in keeping the team going.

It was a feckin cold 90 minutes I can tell you!!! :eek:

I'm still trying to get a heat in me. Didn't help i parked far further away from the stadium than i needed to!

Wasn't a great turn out but you'd think Motherwell could you have dropped the prices a bit to encourage the fans to come. Even their own support was feckin' horrendous. Chick Dung reckoned on the radio after the game that there were 200 more at the Dundee v Cowdenbeath game last night.

Sexton Hardcastle

The same for St Mirren on the 29th.

I'm a bit surprised SKY didn't encourage Motherwell to have our fans in the bottom tier?

Nothing sells the SPL product more than the sight of empty seats on national television. dry.gif

We are just as guilty of doing this as well.

Cheers I thought I was magic last night :smiliz64:

As I said previously I was in the main stand and our crowd looked more like 600-800 :thumbsup:

mahgrassyshoes

Really ? looked more from where i was sitting and many other boards reporting more :unsure:

I thought it was a bit closer to 700. And I guessed the attendance was 3100 so the 700 estimate it's as good a right :whistling:

Thought it was a pretty poor turn out considering the run (as others have mentioned) but the boys that did show up made some decent noise.

Marooned In Oz

It was ******* BALTIC. But glad me and my mates made the effort! :).

Well done hearts for giving us something to shout about in the second half.

Nothing sells the SPL product more than the sight of empty seats on national television. dry.gif

We are just as guilty of doing this as well.

I suppose you can only stage manage so much and with the rest of the ground being sparsely populated

it would probably have been a waste of time.

It was ******* BALTIC. But glad me and my mates made the effort! :).

Well done hearts for giving us something to shout about in the second half.

I think I'm still thawing out from my last winter visit there !

Is there some kind of Micro-climate in the ML postcode?

Marooned In Oz

I suppose you can only stage manage so much and with the rest of the ground being sparsely populated

it would probably have been a waste of time.

Definitely a stewarding issue. No people in lower tier = no chance of people running onto the pitch = less money paid out on unnecessary stewards.

I see Motherwell's point, but it looked pretty shit on TV TBH.

wasnt that cold last night actually, thought it was gonna be freezing. it as much colder in january against st mirren. still, a great overall performance made it well worth the trip.

Definitely a stewarding issue. No people in lower tier = no chance of people running onto the pitch = less money paid out on unnecessary stewards.

Well done to the hardcore who made the effort.

I remember the days when Well would only open the top tier when the bottom tier was full resulting in loads of folk hanging about waiting on the top tier opening.

motherwell are a bunch of penny pinching, miserly, crawling, ass licking vermin.

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

mon the JTs

Thanks very much, it was nae bother really

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

You going, as you rip us up all the time.

Romanov ok now or are you 2 faced im Dougstar

What a nonsense

Good on the 400+ (or how ever many there was you). Couldn't make it lastnight as was working, had to listen to it on the radio. Shame it was postponed on the Sunday, could have double or trebled the away support with me being there.

I was there last night and I resent being put in the upper stand. You are so far away from the game it was hard to see what happened at the Temps goal, the PA system was just a mumble and I had to ask my neighbour who was checking his phone to see who had scored.

Poor treatment of away fans will come back to bite them. Look at Tannadice for instance. We used to get the area behind the goals as well as the "fair play" stand. Now we get packed into the fair play stand while a tiny number of United fans roam the wide open spaces.

I go to a fair number of away games but I get mighty pissed off at the off hand treatment and it makes me pick and choose a lot more for away games

How pointless was the "catering", if you can even call it that. Apparently no steak pies left ten minutes before half time.

Glad we left that hole with 3 points instead of the usual zero.

portobellojambo1

I think 400 is a reasonably close estimate. Only the top tier was open and it was very sparsely populated.

Even taking into account the time of year I thought maybe a few more would have made an effort to get along. It would have been different if we were in the middle of a horrific spell of results and sitting near the wrong end of the table, but given how we have been playing of late and the relevant importance of last night's fixture I thought more would have pulled out the stops to get there.

Sergio Garcia

I was there last night and I resent being put in the upper stand. You are so far away from the game it was hard to see what happened at the Temps goal, the PA system was just a mumble and I had to ask my neighbour who was checking his phone to see who had scored.

Poor treatment of away fans will come back to bite them. Look at Tannadice for instance. We used to get the area behind the goals as well as the "fair play" stand. Now we get packed into the fair play stand while a tiny number of United fans roam the wide open spaces.

I go to a fair number of away games but I get mighty pissed off at the off hand treatment and it makes me pick and choose a lot more for away games

Ive been going there for years and I cant remember the speakers ever being audible! Well done to those who went through i was bitterly cold despite having umpteen layers on but all worth it!

I'm with you Macc, wasn't a big support but I was to the left of the goals and looking over looked slightly more than 400. Would have posted earlier but just thawed out

t

I'm with you Macc, wasn't a big support but I was to the left of the goals and looking over looked slightly more than 400. Would have posted earlier but just thawed out

must admit although not great thought there was more, however the weather and it being on TV made a massive impact. Dont underestimate what it does for the team you could see that at the end the appreciation.

Me well I did the biggest ****** up in my Hearts supporting career. I was in Tenerife and due to come home last Thursday before the Dons game. Having not missed a game apart from Celtic away I was gonna miss Rangers away but it was postponed. I decided to stay in Tenerife as had something to sort out and I then missed the drubbing of the dons. Since then have had all sorts of txs about it being the best display for 90 mins in years and we were awesome.

I decided by hook or crook I was going to well and landed at 5 at Edinburgh airport and headed straight to game. Must admit after coming back fom 80 degrees I instantly regretted it and was frozen after missing the worst of it while away. BUT and there is always a but a win anywhere any especially at that $h!t hole puts a wee glow on you and I was glad I made the effort. TV is ruining attendances IMO as its really a no brainer on a cold miserable December evening just coming up to xmas when money is tight so well done the rest that made it :thumbsup:

PS there tannoy system must be illegal

Archived