Playing poorly but winning games

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

We_are_the_Hearts

He has been much maligned but I thought that Ian Black was missed last night.

He has been great in recent weeks, tidying up in midfield, playing simple passes and intercepting things. Stevenson is very slow by comparison and Motherwell had a lot of space where Black would have been.

Hopefully both he and Jonsson are back for Saturday and noone else comes down with the lurgy.

Spot on Coco, Lasley had far too much room to play in. Blackie was missed.

Captain Scarlett

Remember what Fergie said to his players,"If you want to win titles,you have to win in Glasgow" That has to be the next step for us.

Thank you for your kind words Chimpos. Two days to go though. :thumbsup:

oh go on then, hope you pass and haven't left the studying too late.:thumbsup:

Dont worry about us not getting along, its not like you're marrying my daughter or anything, its just a website.

Anyway, In recent times, as you say, we had lost 5 of the last 6 visits to that stadium. I think that makes it currently a difficult place for us. I might be wrong but I'd suggest the only place we have a worse recent record is Ibrox.

Aye very good mate. Some folk eh? Extend an olive branch and ye get a smart comment. Shouldn`t have bothered.

Did you pay attention? We`d won 4 out of 5 previous to the 3 defeat run. That`s now 5 wins out of 9 through there if you look at it that way.

Motherwell didn't have their possession in areas that hurt us, we played good stuff in their 3rd. On another night, we could have scored at least four - Elliott puzzled me with his choices for his two efforts and we should have had a second penalty.

We're not Barca - we're never going to have 70% possession in games but we're set up to use it well when we do have it and we've been doing that magnificantly over the last 9 games Killie game aside.

Archived