EEN - never thought I'd post

bighalders

I've seen many an anti Edinburgh Evening News or Hobo or Hootsman style post on here, and always been a bit sceptical of any bias against HMFC. However just read the online version and they have a lead story about a company that used to have connections with an ex Hibs player (Lee Power..who are you anyway!!!!) and this company are taking Herts to court ellegedly for non payment, allegedly. Why the Hibs link, why such prominance to the story, oh yes, Hearts have won the last 5 games, are within tocuhing distance of 2nd place and Hibs, well they just arent!!!!!!!!!!

The People's Chimp

Well it is obviously of some interest; the papers just send reporters up to the court/scan the scottish courts website so it's not hard for them to pick up this kind of story.

http://edinburghnews...arts.6658953.jp

A couple of things that I noted:

Headline: Ex-Hibs stiker's firm sues Hearts would suggest that the firm is owned by an ex-Hibs' striker.

First paragraph: A FOOTBALL programme publisher - set up by a one-time Hibs star - is suing Hearts for more than ?40,000 in alleged unpaid bills would again infer that the firm is owned by the said ex-Hibs' striker.

And then at the foot of the article we get: Mr Power, 38, who played for Hibs in 1997-8 and went on to serve as chairman of Cambridge United and become a racehorse owner, is no longer thought to be a director of the firm he founded.

Any excuse for the EEN to publish a negative article involving Hearts. PIFFLE.

Also noted in that article was the fact that his company was constantly printing far too many programmes and trying to charge us for all of them, the cheeky hobo fud.

:whistling:

"But Hearts are set to "rigorously" defend the action, which is understood to have erupted after the publisher consistently printed far too many programmes for home games."

if you put the question of hearts bias to one side then this is still a shockingly poor piece of journalism. it`s not hard to understand how sales have fallen steadily over a long period of time and are (i believe) at rock bottom just now.

if you put the question of hearts bias to one side then this is still a shockingly poor piece of journalism. it`s not hard to understand how sales have fallen steadily over a long period of time and are (i believe) at rock bottom just now.

I agree with that. Poor journalism, but it gets the club mentioned re a court case.

Its because of stories like this that the paper is on its knees.

So none of us go out and buy it.

If you are a Hearts fan do not buy the EEN or the Scotsman/Scotland on Sunday

They only cater for the hobos down leith.

Who dont have the money to buy it.

We might soon see the EEN obituary in its own deaths column soon.

Hope so. :whistling:

There's a very interesting story to be written about Mr Power, who at one stage was said to be named as a director of 19 companies, of which 13 had gone bust or were in insolvency proceedings.

At one point several clubs, including Rangers & Celtic, were in dispute with Cre8 over unpaid money.

And Cre8 emerged just as another company with virtually the same name went bust.

But, of course, the EEN ignores this story in order to bash Hearts.

They should pay more people to do work instead of getting students to work for sweeties.

The Mighty Thor

It's almost as if they have just given up the ghost now. I bought a copy of the 'News' about a fortnight ago and for not a kick in the arse off 50p there wasn't much content and what content there was appeared to have been written by either a teenager or a not overly bright adult.

The Scotsman/EEN/SOS used to be a really good group of papers but now they are just a shan set of 'Lothian Times/EL Courier' type rags.

The EEN - a simple paper by simple people for simple people.

I might be tempted to buy it again for the Hearts Scottish cup winners again edition :whistling:

Bet they will hate printing it :santa1:

Its because of stories like this that the paper is on its knees.

So none of us go out and buy it.

If you are a Hearts fan do not buy the EEN or the Scotsman/Scotland on Sunday

They only cater for the hobos down leith.

Who dont have the money to buy it.

We might soon see the EEN obituary in its own deaths column soon.

Hope so. :whistling:

i stopped buying there rags after the Tom English rant, and intend never to buy any off there papers ever again.

Tho only one that was actually any good was the Pink News and they done away with it :whistling:

I might be tempted to buy it again for the Hearts Scottish cup winners again edition :whistling:

Bet they will hate printing it :santa1:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mentioned this to a hobo mate earlier and was met with a "who?" by him too!!

legend indeed

on the subject of the EEN though, i picked up a copy left on the seat beside me on the chav wagon last week and flicked through it

i never knew gibson was still alive!!

alwaysthereinspirit

http://edinburghnews...arts.6658953.jp

A couple of things that I noted:

Headline: Ex-Hibs stiker's firm sues Hearts would suggest that the firm is owned by an ex-Hibs' striker.

First paragraph: A FOOTBALL programme publisher - set up by a one-time Hibs +STAR+ - is suing Hearts for more than ?40,000 in alleged unpaid bills would again infer that the firm is owned by the said ex-Hibs' striker.

And then at the foot of the article we get: Mr Power, 38, who played for Hibs in 1997-8 and went on to serve as chairman of Cambridge United and become a racehorse owner, is no longer thought to be a director of the firm he founded.

Any excuse for the EEN to publish a negative article involving Hearts. PIFFLE.

I LOVE THE USE OF THE TERM star. Like he was some kinda................well star I guess.

He did play for #ibs though and their criteria for what constitutes an actual STAR is obviously different to most other normal sports teams.

Ivan Sprout comes to mind. He was also a "star"

mentioned this to a hobo mate earlier and was met with a "who?" by him too!!

legend indeed

on the subject of the EEN though, i picked up a copy left on the seat beside me on the chav wagon last week and flicked through it

i never knew gibson was still alive!!

is that old fool still kicking around he must be 100 by now, he should be in a care home poor old sod, probably mumbling on about there famous 6 or was it 5, come to think of it did the so called famous 4 team win the BIG CUP :whistling: PATS PESHY PANTS

Pah!!! EDINBURGH Evening News.....think it's published in Glezgae now so it's not actually an Edinburgh paper anymore. I remember when the EVENING News was actually printed for the evening, now i see folk picking it up at mid-day sometimes....if it gets here from Glasgow early enough, oh and the Pink should still be on the go, used to love picking up one in the pub and disgussing the issues of the day with other drinkers.

Yet according to some on here it's a fine upstanding publication.. JOHNSTON PUBLICATIONS GO **** YOURSELF...

I understand that they are Irish owned. I will make further inquiries shortly.

They mentioned a goal against Celtic in season 97-98.

He was also part of a Hibs team that will go down in folklore in the year Hearts won the Big Cup.

Can't thin what that might have been? :whistling:

Archived