Sheep Highlights

Chad Sexington

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

"And it's no surprise to see the wee man Templeton involved again, what a player he is!"

:D

Novikovas goal was stunning.

Calum Elliot should have done better with his chance. That was a really poor attempt.

First class movement from Elliot for that chance. Great to have someone who can come on and cause defenders problems.

Chad Sexington

"And it's no surprise to see the wee man Templeton involved again, what a player he is!"

:D

At the shot of Paw Broon and Knox in the stand.

"What have we done?" :lol:

First class movement from Elliot for that chance. Great to have someone who can come on and cause defenders problems.

Nice 1,2 and then he got the finish all wrong.

Maybe if he'd been getting more game time he'd have buried that one.

Nice 1,2 and then he got the finish all wrong.

Maybe if he'd been getting more game time he'd have buried that one.

He shouldn't start in our current formation, but I think Kevin and Calum have a better understanding in a 4-4-2 than kevin and Stephen E.

I can sense Calum is itching to show us what he can do, he came on against St Johnstone, ran up half the park and sprayed a cross field ball for our second goal there. Agree with you though, definitely a bit rusty in front of goal.

looks to be a great understanding between players and excellent movement and interchanges all round. it's harder to judge if it will all be as fruitful against something that resembles a football team. sadly we can't play against amateurs every week.

credit to clum for the best ever slide away on the knees after not scoring. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Completely agree... This is one of the biggest bonuses for me just now... We have quality in our employment that is not even making the first team for one reason or another and yet we are winning games with some style.

Elliot, Suso, Novi, Driver, Wallace, Thomson, Stevenson and even Glen.

looks to be a great understanding between players and excellent movement and interchanges all round. it's harder to judge if it will all be as fruitful against something that resembles a football team. sadly we can't play against amateurs every week.

credit to clum for the best ever slide away on the knees after not scoring. :thumbsup:

LOL, full Klinsmann.

At the match when I saw his reaction, I just looked at him like this. :smiliz23:

LOL, full Klinsmann.

At the match when I saw his reaction, I just looked at him like this. :smiliz23:

i'm thinking he had it planned as the pass came through to him and that's why he's ended up spunking it.

Thought he was unlucky with it, tbh. Could see what he was trying to do, bend it into the far corner like Simmons v the vermin in Aug 05. Just didn't get his foot round it. Actually feel he's looked pretty good coming off the bench.

Can't see any room for Glen at all in this squad.

jambos are go!

Novikovas goal was stunning.

Calum Elliot should have done better with his chance. That was a really poor attempt.

As discussed elsewhere from behind the incident the shot from Novikovas took a deflection albeit slight and was a glorious fluke!!!!

Thought he was unlucky with it, tbh. Could see what he was trying to do, bend it into the far corner like Simmons v the vermin in Aug 05. Just didn't get his foot round it. Actually feel he's looked pretty good coming off the bench.

Elliot has indeed looked decent coming off the bench.

Glen certainly looks like being a long, long way behind our current 3 strikers.

He supposely looks really good in training and the few bouce matches that have being played. Problem for him is that the boys in front of him are doing the business so can't get a sniff.

The understand between the front 4 is awesome right now, again when no one tackles you in midfeild then there is more space to play the ball.

He supposely looks really good in training and the few bouce matches that have being played. Problem for him is that the boys in front of him are doing the business so can't get a sniff.

The understand between the front 4 is awesome right now, again when no one tackles you in midfeild then there is more space to play the ball.

Yeah just can't see where he is going to come in unless there are a number of injuries/suspensions.

Considering Smith is banging them in for Stirling and Robinson looks like a real prospect, it may be time to thank Glen for his goals v the vermin and say goodbye.

As discussed elsewhere from behind the incident the shot from Novikovas took a deflection albeit slight and was a glorious fluke!!!!

No it didn't.

No it wasn't

Because he had to stretch and dig out the shot that is why it went slower with backspin into the top corner.

Nothing to do with made up deflections. Watch the highlights. :thumbsup:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Yeah just can't see where he is going to come in unless there are a number of injuries/suspensions.

Considering Smith is banging them in for Stirling and Robinson looks like a real prospect, it may be time to thank Glen for his goals v the vermin and say goodbye.

I think Glen should be moved into a granny-flat attatched to Two T's house and made to shadow him everywhere he goes... he should learn to pesh like Two T's and even knuckle-shuffle like him. :ninja:

Good to see both full backs getting up to support the wide players. Also lovely pass from Zal to Templeton for the second goal. In generational the defence seem to be playing higher up the pitch to press the game.

Once Wallace is back we are only a good right back away from a really good side. Traditionally a blind spot for JJ the last time but maybe there is someone out there in January that he fancies as he obviously doesn't see Barr or CT as a preferred choice?

I think come the end of the season he could be off. Be interesting to see if JJ might thing about resting a few players when we get to the business end of the season.

Good to see both full backs getting up to support the wide players. Also lovely pass from Zal to Templeton for the second goal. In generational the defence seem to be playing higher up the pitch to press the game.

Once Wallace is back we are only a good right back away from a really good side. Traditionally a blind spot for JJ the last time but maybe there is someone out there in January that he fancies as he obviously doesn't see Barr or CT as a preferred choice?

I think we should give Jonsson a chance to establish himself there.

I think it will all click for Eggy, he has talent and bags of experience for his age but he isn't ready to be a central midfield starter. Needs to get a bit stronger and improve his positioning.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I think Thomson would be more highly rated if it had not been for the personal stuff.

I think Jonsson is doing quite well just now but i agree, a natural RB would be nice.

jambos are go!

No it didn't.

No it wasn't

Because he had to stretch and dig out the shot that is why it went slower with backspin into the top corner.

Nothing to do with made up deflections. Watch the highlights. :thumbsup:

I had a perfect view from behind and it was deflected as others have also confirmed. No one or any amount of bluster will convince me otherwise.

Carl Spackler

Great stuff all round. The second goal was the best.

I thought Stephen Elliott looked very sharp indeed.

Hard luck for Calum Elliott as has been pointed out above he did turn very well to make the chance.

I think we should give Jonsson a chance to establish himself there.

I think it will all click for Eggy, he has talent and bags of experience for his age but he isn't ready to be a central midfield starter. Needs to get a bit stronger and improve his positioning.

He struggled against Aluko at times I thought. He's better in midfield. Black is quite injury prone and gets a lot of bookings so he'll get game time.

We're playing the best stuff for a long time. Shades of both 98 and 05 in that performance. Yes, Aberdeen are a woeful team but we're bursting a gut to get into these positions. The movement in the team these days is phenomonal. Palazuelos on an overlap putting a fantastic cross into the box probably highlights that more than anything! The improvement in what was already here is amazing, the guys who have came in have made such a difference to what has left, we still have quality to come in and on top of it all, there is a togetherness prob not seen since 86.

Salavating in Gorebridge.

kennyblack'sshot

I had a perfect view from behind and it was deflected as others have also confirmed. No one or any amount of bluster will convince me otherwise.

From my perfect view (on my sofa watching the highlights) there was no deflection. All I saw was yet another Hearts contender for goal of the season. Even if there was a deflection it was Novi's shimmy that made the goal.

As someone else mentioned on another thread Temps was fouled twice in the lead up to the first goal but still focused on puting it over the line.

The second goal, wonderful pass from Zal and well read by Black with the dummy.

The 3rd Zal brings it forward again, nice lay off from Temps into Rubens path who plants it on Elliots forehead.

The fourth, lovely cross ball from Mroweic(most players would have had a dig themselves) and nice lay off from Temps (who also could have had a dig himself).

The 5th lovely move, well held up by Kyle and stunning finish from Novikovas.

Nice back heel from Elliott for Johnsons chance.

Elliots chance...................Nice lay of from Kyle into the intellegent run from Elliot................poor finish though.

jamboinglasgow

Its a tough one, but he does have time on his side, he is only 20. All it takes is two of the three ahead of him to get an injury.

As you say with Smith banging them in for Stirling we have that coming next season. Robinson I see being an important central midfielder for our team (having so many decent strikers allows him to develop in that deeper role.) I think its great to see that we have a bit quality that we can bring on during the match.

Amazing to think that out of five goals, Temps scored 1 and set-up 3.

thanks for that Daz, watched it live on a dodgy feed, good to see the goals a bit better this time :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Snake Plissken

If it had finished 7-0 it would not have been a flattering in the slightest.

Black's dummy for the second goal was class, I really liked the way we kept it on the deck for much of the game. I think Abderdeen lined up in a way to nulify the aerial threat of Kyle (which they didn't anyway) and were totally unable to deal with the quick passes along the ground.

Templeton and Skacel combine so well, look at how totally bewildered Langfield was at the fourth :lol: I felt sorry for Elliot at the end as that would have been a great goal. Kyle's hold-up for the fifth was tremendous.

Kello had a couple of other saves which never made the highlights but it was complete and utter domination from start to finish. Aberdeen were abject without a doubt but the way we put them to the sword was very pleasing.

I don't know if we have any Gaelic speakers on here but on the BBC Alba re-run, at one point after the 4th goal when we were ripping it out of the sheep but just knocking the ball about keeping possession, the commentator clearly says something about Barcelona. Would love to know what the whole quote was.

The flairmeisters down Leith will be gutted.

Archived