05/06 & 10/11 Select

Rudolf

Given we've got our best team since the Burley days, how many of the current team would get a game over the class of 05/06?

Here's my select, feel free to disagree.

Gordon

Robbie (only for that tackle in the final)

Zaliukas

Webster (before he became a tit)

Wallace (10/11 version)

Templeton

Hartley

Rudi (05/06 version although the current model would get a game too)

Driver

Bednar

Jankauskas

Very hard having to leave out Bruno and Takis but we need two wide players I think.

Only weakness at right back and I can't remember the last time we had a really good one.

2005 team in all positions. Next. Then 1998 team over all them in 2005.

Who would you have wide left or right over Temps or Driver?

Gordon

Zaliukas

Wallace (10/11 version)

Templeton

Hartley

Driver

Bednar

Jankauskas

:smiliz23:

Miko?

When templeton or mr driver make me smile as much as a cup winner then they can get in this 'team'.

I like temps and driver, but they dont get in the same breath as a man whos lifted that cup for us.

Gordon

Jonsson

Fysass

Zali

Webster

Temps

Hartley

Skacel

Driver

Janny

Bednar

Subs: Kello, Neilson, Wallace, Brellier, Aguair, Kyle, Elliott

Fyssas was different league to Wallace, controversial maybe but Takis was our best ever LB

You forgetting about Roy Kay :smiliz64:

Hearts Heritage

Fyssas was different league to Wallace, controversial maybe but Takis was our best ever LB

ARF

We have won a few games, the team in 2005/2006 was much better. However, Neilson was terrible and I would gamble and go a little more gung ho with two attacking wide men, those are the only changes I can see.

Gordon

Jonsson

Pressley

Webster

Fyssas

Templeton

Hartley

Brellier

Skacel

Jankauskas

Bednar

Bench: Banks, Berra, Wallace, Cammazolla, Driver, Cesnauskis, Pospisil

Obviously. :rolleyes:

05/06 team was the best squad of players we have had in my lifetime, no questions asked, the pedigree of player was outstanding.

Banks over Kello on the bench is quite simply barking.

kingantti1874

ARF

Who's arf? Seriously though Takis was a Rolls Royce of a footballer, if we has had a better one it wasn't in my lifetime and I'm 31

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

Gordon

Neilson Pressley Webster Fyssas

Hartley Brellier

Templeton Skacel Driver

Jankauskas

Maybe a bit controversial to leave Bednar out as him and Jankauskas had a great partnership but Julien Brellier was such an important element of the 05/06 side as he let the forward thinking players attack and do their thing. Jankauskas was a class act and him and Takis Fyssas were far too good for this league. We had the best defence in the league in 05/06 and they had such a solid link and as much as I like Zaliukas as he's really important to the current team, Pressley was a terrific leader and such an inspirational captain and him and Andy Webster formed a brilliant partnership in the middle of defence.

Presslhey was a vile traitorous rheptile in the middle of defence.

Sorted that for you. :thumbsup:

That rhodent's name should never ever be mentioned in the same breath or sentence as true Hearts greats like Colin Cameron and Paul Hartley. :verymad:

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

That rhodent's name should never ever be mentioned in the same breath or sentence as true Hearts greats like Colin Cameron and Paul Hartley. :verymad:

:lol: I know you have a very negative opinion of Pressley but to me he's still a Hearts legend. Each to their own I guess and I won't criticise your opinion.

2005 team in all positions. Next. Then 1998 team over all them in 2005.

Surely this comment is being brought into question more? And you cant just use the logic than a cup winner is a better player than a non cup winner cos thats crazy.

And all of 98 over 06? No to Gordon then? Or fyssas?

We have won a few games, the team in 2005/2006 was much better. However, Neilson was terrible :huh: and I would gamble and go a little more gung ho with two attacking wide men, those are the only changes I can see.

Thats a ****ing terrible thing to say to be honest.

:santa1:

Albert Finney

Gordon (Kello on the bench)

Neilson (he wasn't particularly good but there isn't anyone any better in the current side)

Fysass (one of my all time favourite players...possibly coloured by his "Champions League" song)

Pressley (I know, I know but his partnership with Webster was fabulous that season)

Webster (I know, I know but his partnership with Pressley was fabulous that season)

Templeton

Skacel (2005 or now...the chap is a class act)

Hartley

Brellier (I just don't think that Jonsson or any of the other central midfielders we currently have do what Brellier did)

Jankauskas

Bednar

So for me only Templeton would make it into the team. I think I have surprised myself with that. Kello, Wallace, Kyle and Mrowiec have all really impressed me this season (and of course Templeton) but the team of 2005 was just spectacularly good and I'm not sure that we will ever have that sort of quality again. It will be interesting to see what the current team achieves by the seasons end; second place is, I think, beyond any non Old Firm side but a Scottish Cup win would be a remarkable achievement and match up very well indeed with the 2005 side.

Henry Smith saves

Lets blow smoke up each other's erses once we've actually done something this season.

We've won a few games so far. So what? Marathon not a sprint.

To compare a Champions League qualification team with this year's side is a bit premature!

A couple of returns from injury, maybe a new arrival in Jan and a day out in May, then we can compare 1998, 2006 with 2011!

In JJ we trust xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Correct. Ehlvissssss is not worthy of being considered alongside the likes of Mo Berthe and Kestutis Ivaskevicius, let alone proper Hearts greats like Cameron. :verymad:

winston churchill

as much as i hate the chest thumping judas.

anybody who picked bomb scare zal instead of the 2005 chest thumper is barking at the moon.

Gordon (Kello on the bench)

Neilson (he wasn't particularly good but there isn't anyone any better in the current side)

Fysass (one of my all time favourite players...possibly coloured by his "Champions League" song)

Pressley (I know, I know but his partnership with Webster was fabulous that season)

Webster (I know, I know but his partnership with Pressley was fabulous that season)

Templeton

Skacel (2005 or now...the chap is a class act)

Hartley

Brellier (I just don't think that Jonsson or any of the other central midfielders we currently have do what Brellier did)

Jankauskas

Bednar

So for me only Templeton would make it into the team. I think I have surprised myself with that. Kello, Wallace, Kyle and Mrowiec have all really impressed me this season (and of course Templeton) but the team of 2005 was just spectacularly good and I'm not sure that we will ever have that sort of quality again. It will be interesting to see what the current team achieves by the seasons end; second place is, I think, beyond any non Old Firm side but a Scottish Cup win would be a remarkable achievement and match up very well indeed with the 2005 side.

I would play Bruno instead of Brellier,could live with the rest of the team.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

ARF

Have we had any other left backs who've won a major international tournament?

Fyssas was sensational.

Gordon

Neilson

Pressley

Webster

Wallace

Templeton

Brellier

Hartley

Skacel

Jankauskas

Bednar

The 05/06 team is vastly superior to the current team. Temps only gets a game for me because he was up against cammazola and miko who, despite their pluses, were weaklinks. Despite the slavering over fyssas, who was awesome, I'd go with Wallace because he could be something special.

Thats a ****ing terrible thing to say to be honest.

:santa1:

I know, I know. Far more praise than Neilson deserved. He aspired to terrible and rarely achieved it.

ToadKiller Dog

Cant put Takis in as our best ever left back ,Football is a different game in many ways from other eras also i dont think he played for us for long enough to be in that bracket.

I would say technically and maybe even his approach to the game He was superior to any left back i have seen live play for us since i could judge such a thing ,

I would say Big Janny at his best in the middle and second half of that season and until he got bored was one of the most technically gifted i have seen

but would not put him near our best ever hearts forward .

Only conceivable change from the first choice Burley side would be either Templeton or Driver for Miko/Chesney.

That was the position that the fastest man in Belgium was supposed to fill.

Given we've got our best team since the Burley days, how many of the current team would get a game over the class of 05/06?

Here's my select, feel free to disagree.

Gordon

Zaliukas

Wallace (10/11 version)

Templeton

Hartley

Driver

Bednar

Jankauskas

Very hard having to leave out Bruno and Takis but we need two wide players I think.

Only weakness at right back and I can't remember the last time we had a really good one.

personally, i reckon alan maybury was a fantastic right back, scored some crackin goals too - shame he cant be inc in the side

Surely this comment is being brought into question more? And you cant just use the logic than a cup winner is a better player than a non cup winner cos thats crazy.

And all of 98 over 06? No to Gordon then? Or fyssas?

The quality of opposition has dropped a hell of a lot. We played better teams in 98, thatn we did in 2005, and now we are playing a weeker quality in 2010. The OP asked who my team would be. The 98 cup win meant more than to me than 2005. The 2005 was magical but just not as sweet. Saying that the 2005 team have won a cup, and if this lot bring me a trophy they will be in the same breath and deserve to be talked about in the same breath as the cup winners.

I love this team now, but im not IN love as i am with the 98 and 05 teams (in love is a gay term, but hey it works for me)

ps I ****KKKKING LOVE PRESSLEY. Anyone who doesnt is off their rocker and musnt have had a season ticket through his years at the club. 110% every time. He was forced out. Mr Romanov.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Without question the best player I have seen in a Hearts strip. Love Takis, and a real privilege to see a Euro 2004 winner and Champions league experienced star play for the mighty JTs!!!

Captain Lithuania

Correct. Ehlvissssss is not worthy of being considered alongside the likes of Mo Berthe and Kestutis Ivaskevicius, let alone proper Hearts greats like Cameron. :verymad:

Don't worry mate, I think he's a fecking roaster too. (The poster, not Pressley.) I think he's a LEGEND.

Tynecastle Valhalla

We have won a few games, the team in 2005/2006 was much better. However, Neilson was terrible and I would gamble and go a little more gung ho with two attacking wide men, those are the only changes I can see.

Gordon

Jonsson

Pressley

Webster

Fyssas

Templeton

Hartley

Brellier

Skacel

Jankauskas

Bednar

Bench: Banks, Berra, Wallace, Cammazolla, Driver, Cesnauskis, Pospisil

Obviously. :rolleyes:

couldn't agree more. in my view having zal in the team is ridiculous. 05/06 every time. people soon forget how good they were.

i think bruno was good when he played at right mid and he could fight it out with temps. also neilson would be good cover for eggert.

Gordon

Neilson

Pressley

Webster

Wallace

Templeton

Brellier

Hartley

Skacel

Jankauskas

Bednar

The 05/06 team is vastly superior to the current team. Temps only gets a game for me because he was up against cammazola and miko who, despite their pluses, were weaklinks. Despite the slavering over fyssas, who was awesome, I'd go with Wallace because he could be something special.

Temps is up against Miko and Chesney really. i think theres a myth about how many games Cammazola played.

This.

I'd love if we could sign more players of Takis quality. Oozed class that you rarely get in the SPL.

When templeton or mr driver make me smile as much as a cup winner then they can get in this 'team'.

I like temps and driver, but they dont get in the same breath as a man whos lifted that cup for us.

What's your thoughts two games down the line?

What's your thoughts two games down the line?

TF is emerging as a fresh youngster out of the JKB conveyor belt of "having a mare" type posters.

Several threads were he has spouted astonishing trash.

Frankenstein_Jambo is tolerable now, I guess this is fresh meat.

Jankauskas & Bednar partnership seems a bit overrated by some, IMO. Both were lazy and inconsistent. I would take KK over Janny any day. Janny was obviously better technically, but the man barely tried a leg at times, especially in his second season.

Captain Lithuania

Gordon

Neilson Pressley Webster Wallace

Templeton Brellier Hartley Skacel

Jankauskas Pospisil (Agree or not, Pospisil always put in a performance for us and a fecking good one at that)

Subs:

Kello

Zalikuas

Fyssas

Aguiar

Mrowiec

S.Elliott

Bednar

pressley.jpg

Legend.

Anyone who dares mentions phhhhrreeeessssssssssllley in the same breath as Big Zal is having an absolute lolocaust.

Pressley is despicable.

Who's arf? Seriously though Takis was a Rolls Royce of a footballer, if we has had a better one it wasn't in my lifetime and I'm 31

tosh mckinlay ? gary naysmith ? both scottish caps :whistling:

Jankauskas & Bednar partnership seems a bit overrated by some, IMO. Both were lazy and inconsistent. I would take KK over Janny any day. Janny was obviously better technically, but the man barely tried a leg at times, especially in his second season.

spot on - bednar yes jankauskas no - velicka and kyle could have been a good partnership <_<

Takis was certainly the most intelligent full back I have seen Scotland. I know it wasn't much of a challenge but the way he completely nullified Ivan Sproul's pace with positioning and movement was a lesson in how to play full back.

Takis was certainly the most intelligent full back I have seen Scotland. I know it wasn't much of a challenge but the way he completely nullified Ivan Sproul's pace with positioning and movement was a lesson in how to play full back.

I thought Concalves played beep beep better.Seem to remember Concalves taking the leftback spot off Takis until he got injured in the greatest semi final ever.Could be wrong though.

Archived