Anyone not care if we make the top six?

colinzeal

RockyBalboa
Can't believe that everybody missed this gem.

As of this would happen. The **** are pish and it only the keek of the other teams that have got them wins.

COLIN PISH

MR (ROSS COUNTY) RANKIN

OM ******ING GOD!!!

Nish is better than anything you have and Rankins been our best player the last few weeks. :)

As for us being pish, table doesn't lie and all that. We have only lost 3 league games since December, all marginally. :cool:

Nish is better than anything you have and Rankins been our best player the last few weeks. :)

As for us being pish, table doesn't lie and all that. We have only lost 3 league games since December, all marginally. :cool:

You are joking right! for once in a blue moon you may finish above us but that doesn't make hoofball sexy or nish better than anything we have got

You are joking right! for once in a blue moon you may finish above us but that doesn't make hoofball sexy or nish better than anything we have got

Nish scores goals, our strikers don't!

I would have him in our team right now!

vlad on the tyne
Nish scores goals, our strikers don't!

I would have him in our team right now!

oh well there is always :107years: to cover up the cracks

does anyone really believe in their heart of hearts next season will be any better?. I fully expect to see robbie,miko,chesney,elliot,zaliukas,audrey,kurskis,beniusis and goncalves still at the club this time next year. how can we realistically make progress with that p1sh?

Dr. Bapswent

As Dave said.

Its always about finishing as high up as possible.

If thats not top 6, then bugger.

But top 5 is better than top 6 (if you see what I mean)

Any single place up the table is a good thing.

We SHOULD be top 6 every year, and aiming for top 3, not simply aiming for top 6.

Charlie-Brown
As Dave said.

Its always about finishing as high up as possible.

If thats not top 6, then bugger.

But top 5 is better than top 6 (if you see what I mean)

Any single place up the table is a good thing.

We SHOULD be top 6 every year, and aiming for top 3, not simply aiming for top 6.

All we have left to play for is finishing as high as we can in the SPL.

...We SHOULD be top 6 every year, and aiming for top 3, not simply aiming for top 6.

Changed days indeed.

Couple of years ago, we're finishing second.

Now we're debating if we want to finish top or bottom six.

And some are trying to convince themselves that a bottom six finish would be a good thing!

CornhillHearts

Some right idiots on this one; for purely financial reasons its imperative Hearts are in top 6 re likely extra revenue, one highlight for me would be to stop sellic winning league.

Dr. Bapswent

How is that different from any year? (other than cups)

I mean, every year is the same, to finish as hgih up as possible yes?

The by product might be a Euro spot, but you cant play for a Euro spot, you play to get up the league.

Nothing really has changed, other than the expected target is lower.

We are no longer aiming for the top of the NOFSPL (non-Old Firm SPL = 3rd place) but we are aiming upwards, and thats how it should be.

Some right idiots on this one; for purely financial reasons its imperative Hearts are in top 6 re likely extra revenue, one highlight for me would be to stop sellic winning league.

How would you feel if we made the top 6, remained crap and Celtic won the league at Tynecastle ?

That's a more likely scenario than us stopping them winning it IMO.

The thought gives me the boak.

I'd still rather finish top 6 than bottom 6 though, purely to keep our record of always finishing top 6 going.

Charlie-Brown
Changed days indeed.

Couple of years ago, we're finishing second.

Now we're debating if we want to finish top or bottom six.

And some are trying to convince themselves that a bottom six finish would be a good thing!

For the first time in 14 years and the first time in more than a decade since any other non-Old Firm SPL team had......splitting the Old Firm was a terrific achievement (albeit at massive financial cost) - realistically we should be aiming for a strong 3rd every season with decent cup showings & european football - some seasons we will peak & eclipse the Old Firm (4 times in 20 years) but other seasons we will dip and finish 4th-7th - that has been a brief summary of our achievements since restoring our SPL place in 1983.

I have excluded the relegation scares of 1994 & 1995.

Will that help take the debt down from ?38m to ?37.5m?:rolleyes:

No Nonsense

I'm indifferent to it all. Want to us to win each and every game in isolation, however i've given up on the bigger picture this season. Whatever happens happens; just looking forward to some light relief with Euro 2008 and then hoping that certain positive decisions are made down Gorgie way in time for pre season.

Not exactly going to keep us on the edge of our seats though eh? :rolleyes:

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
For the first time in 14 years and the first time in more than a decade since any other non-Old Firm SPL team had......splitting the Old Firm was a terrific achievement (albeit at massive financial cost) - realistically we should be aiming for a strong 3rd every season with decent cup showings & european football - some seasons we will peak & eclipse the Old Firm (4 times in 20 years) but other seasons we will dip and finish 4th-7th - that has been a brief summary of our achievements since restoring our SPL place in 1983.

I have excluded the relegation scares of 1994 & 1995.[/QUOTE]

And the one for 2007-08.

So in a football sense, no progress to be expected in the Romanov Revolution.

Just ?91m of debt and no realistic plan to trade out of it with Euro money helping.

I dont know why you continue with all this intricate fact and figure posting. If this was another club of comparable size we would be stating the bleedin' obvious: They are heading for oblivion.

Why continue to give money upfront for season tickets that will go into an even deeper black hole.

davemclaren

I have excluded the relegation scares of 1994 & 1995.[/QUOTE]

And the one for 2007-08.

So in a football sense' date=' no progress to be expected in the Romanov Revolution.

Just ?91m of debt and no realistic plan to trade out of it with Euro money helping.

I dont know why you continue with all this intricate fact and figure posting. If this was another club of comparable size we would be stating the bleedin' obvious: They are heading for oblivion.

Why continue to give money upfront for season tickets that will go into an even deeper black hole.[/quote']

Have they actually confirmed how the proporsed new stand/hotel will be financed and that Hearts will bear all the debt?

I think we would all agree that 3rd place has gone now (I think we would have to win 7 of our last 8 to stand any chance). Therefore all that is left to play for is -

1. Pride - we have always finished in the top six, in fact top five, since the split was introduced.

2. Intertoto Cup - whatever any fan thinks of this tournament Hearts have expressed an interest in participating so it could happen. As far as I am aware the only team that have expressed an interest are Hearts, Hibs and Falkirk (I have no idea if Motherwell, Dundee United or Aberdeen have applied). Therefore we would have to finish above Hibs and Falkirk in the league. If Hibs finish 3rd they would not need the Intertoto so all we would have to do is finish above Falkirk. It is conceivable that we could finish bottom six and still qualify for the Intertoto Cup.

If Europe is out of the question, I would like to see some young players given first team football before the season is out, it would be unacceptable to me if we don't do this.

I haven't changed my mind since yesterday. I still want a top six finish. ;)

This any good for your mid-life crisis, Dave?

51094369_thumb.jpg

Dirk Diggler

If we get beat tomorrow we don't make the top 6.

I want Hearts to win every game they play so yes, I care.

Dagger Is Back
Read it again, i said it annoyed me that the goal had no impact on me, not that Hearts scored!

What a crock of ****! That doesn't make sense. The scoring of the goal had no impact on you but you felt angry because it had no impact on you. If the scoring of the goal had no impact on you, you would have felt Jack *****.

**** man you should become a screenwriter for Lost with that kind of drivel.

Graham Thomson

i would always want to finish as high up in the league as possible, but i have to say, if the club have given up on the season, which they clearly have, 3 strikers to chose from, i certainly would not look forward to losing every game after the split, as for the money, the club dont seriously expect any fans, to pay at the gate, between now and the end of the season, i will go, only because i have a season ticket......and we will see what happens in the close season,

Gigolo-Aunt

Hearts have never finished outside the top 6 since the SPL introdued the split. We may be pish at the moment, but its a record I would like to keep going.

We are very pish btw.

Miller Jambo 60
Got to say, like Vlad, i have given up on this season!!

I really dont care, my passion for Hearts is at its lowest ebb. I have supported worst HEarts teams than this, but i really dont care.

As one of the founding members of the hat kickers society, i have fluctuated between anger and apathy in the last two years, at the start of January i got a bit excited and thought it was a new dawn for the Club! It clearly not was not and with the subsequent sale of Velicka i basically gave up on this season.

I dont expect us to be challenging for the Champions league, but i expect us at the very least to have a competent manager and a set of hard grafting pors who can play to the level befitting of the Club the size of Hearts!

I know this is same old same old, it just annoyed me when Miko's goal on Saturday came through on sky and i didn't react in the slightest, i really didn't care!

Why were you not at the game freezing with me and about 1500 jambos.

What a crock of ****! That doesn't make sense. The scoring of the goal had no impact on you but you felt angry because it had no impact on you. If the scoring of the goal had no impact on you, you would have felt Jack *****.

**** man you should become a screenwriter for Lost with that kind of drivel.

Thanks for the hostility!

I maybe was not clear enough, at the time i felt nothing. Looking back at how i felt at the time made me annoyed!

Hope that is ok with you.

Got to say, like Vlad, i have given up on this season!!

I really dont care, my passion for Hearts is at its lowest ebb. I have supported worst HEarts teams than this, but i really dont care.

As one of the founding members of the hat kickers society, i have fluctuated between anger and apathy in the last two years, at the start of January i got a bit excited and thought it was a new dawn for the Club! It clearly not was not and with the subsequent sale of Velicka i basically gave up on this season.

I dont expect us to be challenging for the Champions league, but i expect us at the very least to have a competent manager and a set of hard grafting pors who can play to the level befitting of the Club the size of Hearts!

I know this is same old same old, it just annoyed me when Miko's goal on Saturday came through on sky and i didn't react in the slightest, i really didn't care!

Yes, i do care. We may not be in the hunt for anything but football is all about doing the best you can. It`s about setting a standard and an expectancy.

If we didn`t fight to do our best to save an abysmal season then this sets a bad example for the future.

It`s Hobos who come out with " yer aswell as finishing 11th as 6th" because it`s what they say after finishing behind us regulalry while we normally end up in the top 4 somewhere.

I`d hate to think Hearts fans would not be upset at finishing 7th, 8th 9th etc...

winston churchill

with the 3 games left before the split i still think we will make it.

as buff said, i'd still like to be in the only teams to finish in the top 6 every season club.

Clerry Jambo

This is a no brainer for me - ofcourse you want to and should strive to finish as high as possible - if this means getting into the top 6 then at least we have games against the top teams to come.

Surely we want to play the OF and Hobos rather than the GRETNA'S etc

:107years:

Jerah Jambo
THere are hundreds out there who feel the same.

Although the derby did annoy me!

Couldn't agree more, however the first derby did more than ' annoy me'

Archived