Which contract/console to go for?

BoJack Horseman

BoJack Horseman

So my current contract with orange runs out in a few days and i'm most definitley not renewing. Been overcharged pretty much every month. Not by a lot, but it adds up.

I'm looking to take advantage of getting a new contract by getting myself a console bundled in with it. I was looking at online retailers but decided they are to unreliable and the link has a good few deals anyway.

So here's my choices:

Orange: 600 mins, unlimited texts, free Wii and 19" HDTV.

Nokia 6300

?35 a month + ?100 upfront

Contract = ?730

Free Gifts = ?430

overall = ?300

--------------------------------------------------

Orange: 750 mins, Unlimited texts, free Wii and 19" HDTV

Nokia 6300

?40 a month + ?25 upfront

Contract = ?745

Free Gifts = ?430

Overall = ?315

---------------------------------------------------

Three: Mix and Match 1100mins or 1100 texts, Free PS3 40GB

SEK610i

?32 a month + ?30 upfront

Contract = ?606

Free Gifts = ?290

Overall = ?316

Three: Mix and Match 1100mins or 1100 texts, Free XBox 360 Elite

K6010i

?32 a month

Contract = ?576

Free Gifts = ?250

Overall = ?326

I know i've included Orange there after complaining about them, but i've paid pretty much well over ?800 on this current contract and all I got was the free phone. With the free gifts, it's a bit more worth the cash.

They all come with a free phone, but i'd probably keep it and it doesn't bother me that much what the phones like, so that's irrelevant.

If I were to get the Wii i'd probably sell and get myself a 360 premium btw, mostly deliberating over a 360 or PS3.

Cheers.

I'd get a 360 - my mates had a wii for a few months but got board and has got a 360 and sold his wii.

The 360 is amazing, Call of Duty 4 is fantastic, the online play is brilliant as well. Ohhh and Rainbow six: Vegas 2 is out.

jack D and coke

The console's generally come with certain phones. Don't think they're the newest either. The best Handset i reckon at the moment is the Nokia N95. DVD like video and 5 mega pixel camera. Comes with Spiderman 3 installed and it's like watching a DVD. 8 gig memory as well so plenty pictures, choons or whatever you want.

Phones 4 you have just bought dial a phone or whoever does those offers in the paper so you can get ipod's, 360's and what not up there but only with a couple of handsets and they're pretty pish. Hard to know who the best network provider is these days though. I've been with Vodafone, Orange, O2 and 3 and they all have there pro's and cons. Might try T-Mobile this time when my contract comes up for renewal soon.

PeterCapital

Wii becomes a bit boring. I would get a PS3, free online gaming thats good, not the best games yet but its awsome.

Do The Dance

I have a Wii and a 360. Definitely go for the 360 especially if it's the Elite console. Superb piece of kit, with some tremendous games, that the PS3 simply does not have.

Always was a Sony Playstation fan, but am so glad I couldn't wait for the ps3 and got the Xbox 360 instead!

BoJack Horseman

I think i'm just going to go with the PS3 option. Not sure if i'll keep it, or sell it and get an Elite/Premium. The contract is good for me and the phone isn't bad considering it's 3G.

What draws me to the PS3 is the free online play, the amazing graphics and the blu ray. But a lot of my friends have 360s so that'd be better for linkup/online play. Plus it's pretty equal graphic wise on the games for now.

Do places like the carhone warehouse that give away the consoles get like the dolphin tariffs?

I'm considering cancelling my one from the orange store when its up(2 months) and getting the same one from them but with the free bits.

Do The Dance
I think i'm just going to go with the PS3 option. Not sure if i'll keep it, or sell it and get an Elite/Premium. The contract is good for me and the phone isn't bad considering it's 3G.

What draws me to the PS3 is the free online play, the amazing graphics and the blu ray. But a lot of my friends have 360s so that'd be better for linkup/online play. Plus it's pretty equal graphic wise on the games for now.

Well up to you mate, but Xbox online play is superior, for a small fee really. The blu ray player within the PS3 is going to surpassed very quickly with newer/better blu ray players coming out. Finally, if your mates have 360s then it'd be daft to get the PS3...

jack D and coke

Where are you getting this deal mate? Do you get the free gifts if you keep your number or is it just with a new connection and what kind of phone are you getting?

BoJack Horseman

All of these deals are with The Link (http://www.thelink.co.uk). They all come with very basic phones, which i'm not bothered about. I'd rather have the latest console than the latest handset.

The free 360 Elite is looking more and more worth it. Think i'll give them a call tomorrow. Get it ordered.

Cigaro, the CPW do some deals, not very good ones though, and you have to wait over a month to get the gift. The Link is better, you get the Dolphin deal, which i'm on at the moment too, and the gift comes with the phone.

All of these deals are with The Link (http://www.thelink.co.uk). They all come with very basic phones, which i'm not bothered about. I'd rather have the latest console than the latest handset.

The free 360 Elite is looking more and more worth it. Think i'll give them a call tomorrow. Get it ordered.

Cigaro, the CPW do some deals, not very good ones though, and you have to wait over a month to get the gift. The Link is better, you get the Dolphin deal, which i'm on at the moment too, and the gift comes with the phone.

I've had a look at the link, and considering what you said at first. TV+Wii, and sell the Wii on and replace it with a 360.

Might phone up orange and push my luck with it though. See if they'll better it, I doubt it though.

BoJack Horseman

If you're contract is with Orange themselves they won't even entertain the idea of giving you free gifts. Just a slightly better contract. That's why i'm leaving them aswell. The guy tried to get me to stay and I explained what I could get and he couldn't better it so just left it.

Goin for the telly and Wii is a good idea, considering the little difference between the Wii and the Premium 360. What put me off that though is the telly isn't that big.

If you're contract is with Orange themselves they won't even entertain the idea of giving you free gifts. Just a slightly better contract. That's why i'm leaving them aswell. The guy tried to get me to stay and I explained what I could get and he couldn't better it so just left it.

Goin for the telly and Wii is a good idea, considering the little difference between the Wii and the Premium 360. What put me off that though is the telly isn't that big.

I'd probably sell the Wii and get a 360 or a PS3. Not got enough room for a Wii really.

I dont have a TV in my room, so thats why its an attractive deal.

BoJack Horseman

I went for the elite in the end. Paid ?30 upfront and then ?27 a month for the Three Mix n Match 1100 deal. Not bad I think. As long as they give me it all i'll be happy with that.

BoJack Horseman

Xbox and phone arrived this morning, so I can vouch for The Link being reliable. Unfortunately it's in Edinburgh and i'm in Aberdeen :(

Seems the 360s are sold out now. I must've got the last one.

Archived