Watching bbc news

hughesie27

Apparently a study of 3000 folk shows that if your ring finger is shorter than your index finger then your are a third less likely to develop prostate cancer ! longer ring fingers means you are better at sport and exams though.

my ring finger is longer.

Yep, mines is longer too.

I'm sure I read that having a longer ring finger indicates a higher level of testosterone exposure during embryonic development, bringing with it the usual social side-effects: assertiveness, dominance, temper etc.

Or something.

The Mighty Thor

My ring finger is about half an inch longer than my index finger.

To disprove the theory i'm 20 stone, shit at sport and thick as mince blink.gif

I heard that if your ring finger is longer than your index, you're ten times more likely to get HIV.

I heard that if your ring finger is longer than your index, you're ten times more likely to get HIV.

I heard it was if you are ginger.

My index finger is longer. I am a creative genius with a healthy disregard for sporting prowess and my walnut is a picture of health.

Clearly this research is 100% correct.

southside1874

If blokes big toe is longer than the one next to it then you think more like a girl and will probably end up supporting Hibs in later life :whistling:

I'd also suggest that 100% of the folk who have read this thread immediately checked the lengths of their respective digits.

So there - hughesie got you to look at your hands :D

The Mighty Thor

My index finger is longer. I am a creative genius with a healthy disregard for sporting prowess and my walnut is a picture of health.

Clearly this research is 100% correct.

laugh.gif

What interests me is who turned up to work one day and thought "I know, let's do a study to see the link between index/ring finger length and prostate cancer".

Not saying that there is no merit in this research - but it does seem a bit random. Simply comparing one variable against another is a technique that is notorious for its flaws.

Its certainly easier to check the old prostrate if you have a longer index finger

"Old prostrate" ... Is that something to do with Wayne Rooney's nocturnal activities?

What interests me is who turned up to work one day and thought "I know, let's do a study to see the link between index/ring finger length and prostate cancer".

Not saying that there is no merit in this research - but it does seem a bit random. Simply comparing one variable against another is a technique that is notorious for its flaws.

Like the weather v no. of Polish Army officers kicked to death by mules?

Archived