WE Have Been Calling For Foreign Referee's - Seize This Opportunity

scott_jambo

We should never let Scottish referee's back into our game.

Sieze this opportunity to rid ourselves of the masses of Celtic and Rangers fans who decide to pick up the whistle.

Andy Davis GTF. yucky.gif

How do you suggest we do that then. I'm keen.

After this round of fixtures and if everything runs smoother than it has in the past then the fans should protest that scottish ref's are not fit for purpose for SPL football and until they become professional or pass their wee exams that they apparently failed then we should keep the replacements.

thumbsup.gif

What happens if the foreign ref's do brill and then Ian Brines comes in next week and is a total spanner.

i reckon there will be a concerted campaign from sellik for all OF derbies to get a foreign referee.

mysteriously the need for all their other games to get a fair foreign referee will be less urgent.

you watch.

As radical as this suggestion may seem, I'd be all for it. Far too much old firm bias for far too long.

WTF are vlads and why have I got them?

Jambof3tornado

After this round of fixtures and if everything runs smoother than it has in the past then the fans should protest that scottish ref's are not fit for purpose for SPL football and until they become professional or pass their wee exams that they apparently failed then we should keep the replacements.

thumbsup.gif

What happens if the foreign ref's do brill and then Ian Brines comes in next week and is a total spanner.

Not if brines is a spanner but when!

Cardiac Rucksack

I think if the games go ahead this weekend the number of bookings and sendings off could be an all time high.

Cardiac Rucksack

Foreign refs are no better imo.

Im in complete agreement. We will see more cards and games ruined. Thats my prediction.

You mean there are Israeli's who are part of the Bathgate Orange Lodge as well??

if only we knew which one was the worst and could give him to ra sellik.

it's not as if they could point to him coming from a protestant country.

Im in complete agreement. We will see more cards and games ruined. Thats my prediction.

Only till the players started to tow the line and play by the rules. Which Is why the op's suggestion of permanently switching to foreign refs is a good one IMO.

Magic Numbers

One for the conspiracy theorists I suggest.

A perfect opportunity.

The foreign referees appointed will be as follows...

D McDonaldo [POR]

I Brinesov [POL]

C Thomsonska [POL]

W von Collum [AUS]

M Tumiltynkska [POL]

C Ricszmond [POL]

What's the betting they are all sporting moustaches & dark glasses?

:yes2:

Lennon blamed the ref's when his team lost in Europe to Braga and Utrecht.

Lennon is a C U next tuesday. I'm talking about us. We are the ones that are really on the receiving end of bad decisions.

One for the conspiracy theorists I suggest.

A perfect opportunity.

The foreign referees appointed will be as follows...

D McDonaldo [POR]

I Brinesov [POL]

C Thomsonska [POL]

W von Collum [AUS]

M Tumiltynkska [POL]

C Ricszmond [POL]

What's the betting they are all sporting moustaches & dark glasses?

:yes2:

:lol:

some would say they already wear dark glasses when they're out with the dog and the white stick.

It's a shame we aren't playing at home this weekend.

I think we could have organised a guard of honour for the officials and a standing ovation.

If there is a plethora of yellow cards so what - as long as the OF are reffed the same it's progress.

Anyone notice last night that while Rangers couldn't believe the pen, they did accept it and Weir wasn't in the refs face all game.

So it shows they are capable of stepping back when need be.

If the refs do a good job this weekend then its a pity we wont have them next week when we play against rangers

Dont think they will get last minute penalty.Or put up with naismiths theatrics.

Lennon blamed the ref's when his team lost in Europe to Braga and Utrecht.

Correctamundo.You can add paranoia to this disturbed individual.I hope whoever refs the hooped demons' game calls a dodgy decision against them.The wee goblin will be irate.

Our refs may not be perfect but this situation is getting daft and has to be sorted out.

We should never let Scottish referee's back into our game.

Sieze this opportunity to rid ourselves of the masses of Celtic and Rangers fans who decide to pick up the whistle.

Andy Davis GTF. yucky.gif

Bravo. What these muppet refs and that tw@t Leckie forget is that the venom from the stands( i know this situation primarily came about because of Lennon) stems from years of bias towards the Old Firm.

Maybe if they had the bottle to give decisions against them when they should then non OF fans wouldn`t be so riled. Quite laughable situation and all they are trying to do is make an example of Lennon(quite right in a way) and get some apology that isn`t going to come.

Referees make mistakes regardless of their nationalities. As do players. However, we are now in the position in Scotland where some management, governing bodies, players and referees are colluding to deny these mistakes. That is corruption. For a start, the SFA should charge anyone, and I include the media, who tried to defend Naismith last night, with bringing the game into disrepute. After video evidence has proved his guilt, anyone continuing to defend him is bringing the game into disrepute and should be banned from all games in Scotland for a prescribed period. So that's Walter, Davie, Chic, Smithy, Goughy, et al. A fortnight to start with. Thick people need hard lessons.

Referees make mistakes regardless of their nationalities. As do players. However, we are now in the position in Scotland where some management, governing bodies, players and referees are colluding to deny these mistakes. That is corruption. For a start, the SFA should charge anyone, and I include the media, who tried to defend Naismith last night, with bringing the game into disrepute. After video evidence has proved his guilt, anyone continuing to defend him is bringing the game into disrepute and should be banned from all games in Scotland for a prescribed period. So that's Walter, Davie, Chic, Smithy, Goughy, et al. A fortnight to start with. Thick people need hard lessons.

Shocking tactics from him last night D. Naismith assaulted him in the box then had the cheek to moan his face off about it! Only being spoiled with ref decisions would have you ever argue back about that challenge. Shameless.... both the OF are in that respect, they care not about fairness, just as long as the decision or result goes their way.

They don't have a clue about ref decisions in other games either that's how insular they are. So long as rangers get bad decisions as well then it's ok. Celtic were the first team ever in SPL history to have a penalty reversed you know? A colleague of mine actually believed that.

Sydney from Sydney

I don't think they are either but at least they won't be suspected of the bias we know is already in the game. Hearts have absolutely nothing to lose. We're not from Glasgow which means at least one half of Scottish referees are against us, and we don't fly foreign flags. We also didn't manage 100 years without signing a roman catholic. It took me long time to accept how bias our refs are and if we stick with foreign refs for the remainder of he season then so be it. I thinks the refs have shot themselves in the foot by striking. Anyone remember the air traffic controllers that went on strike in the US a few years ago ? The government just sacked them and started from scratch. GIRUY scottish refs.

Shocking tactics from him last night D. Naismith assaulted him in the box then had the cheek to moan his face off about it! Only being spoiled with ref decisions would have you ever argue back about that challenge. Shameless.... both the OF are in that respect, they care not about fairness, just as long as the decision or result goes their way.

They don't have a clue about ref decisions in other games either that's how insular they are. So long as rangers get bad decisions as well then it's ok. Celtic were the first team ever in SPL history to have a penalty reversed you know? A colleague of mine actually believed that.

What saddened me most about the Rangers reaction to the second penalty was not that the lowlife Naismith didn't realise that he was in the wrong and continued his spoilt brat impersonnation; but that fellow Scottish internationalists Weir, McGregor, McCulloch, Miller, Whittaker (have I missed any) didn't grab him by the throat and punch some sense into him. Walter and Ally didn't condemn him either, even after seeing the replays. That is why I want them all banned from Scottish grounds for a prescribed period, because they are complicit in bringing our game into disrepute. It's gone so far that it now has to get drastic, and if, especially Rangers don't do something about their internal morals then their funding supply has to be threatened.

Francis Albert

I think if the games go ahead this weekend the number of bookings and sendings off could be an all time high.

On the contrary I think we might see a better standard of behaviour from players and managers, particularly those who have become used to getting away with murder. And if not, they'll get what they deserve.

The Treasurer

On the contrary I think we might see a better standard of behaviour from players and managers, particularly those who have become used to getting away with murder. And if not, they'll get what they deserve.

If we want this "experiment" to prove a success (ie that overseas refs are better than our own) then the players and managers have to play their part by accepting decisions, good and bad and just getting on with the game.

Easy to say if you get a bad call against you, but at least we will know that any mistakes by refs are honest ones and not because of any possible bias,

What saddened me most about the Rangers reaction to the second penalty was not that the lowlife Naismith didn't realise that he was in the wrong and continued his spoilt brat impersonnation; but that fellow Scottish internationalists Weir, McGregor, McCulloch, Miller, Whittaker (have I missed any) didn't grab him by the throat and punch some sense into him. Walter and Ally didn't condemn him either, even after seeing the replays. That is why I want them all banned from Scottish grounds for a prescribed period, because they are complicit in bringing our game into disrepute. It's gone so far that it now has to get drastic, and if, especially Rangers don't do something about their internal morals then their funding supply has to be threatened.

Sorry why should he be banned?

I totally agree it was a stonewall penalty but, and apologies if I'm reading this wrong, you seem to be insinuating that Naismith DELIBERATELY booted Fabio in the chops which is quite clearly not the case. He thought he was going to clear the ball away unchallenged, Naismith's eyes never leave the ball and Fabio comes in on his blindside and heads it before Naismith.

Now I am a long way away from being Naismith's biggest fan, in fact I hate the little runt, but even I could see it wasn't deliberate.

Back on topic, if these refs prove to be more competent than the Scottish ones then I'm all for a wee protest to make sure we use them all the time.

Im all in favour of foreign refs. I have said for years that making all top refs proffesional and moving refs between countries to ref a game making them accountable to one organisation and graded per match like FIFA and UEFA do when the World Cup or Euro Champs is played, is the way to go.

Of course refs will make mistakes its human to do so, of course there will be some refs that are better than others and catch more. this again is human, they are not robots, but it will make for a far more even playing field, refs will not have the fear of giving the big decisions against the OF and when they play each match the opponents will be judged as equals. Refs will not be intimidated or work in fear for their safety or that of their families. That said about intimidation again it is only human when there are 50-60,000 fans of one team all shouting for a penalty at once that can sway a ref on occasions, however thats football and the advantage of playing at home, but they wouldnt be swayed out of fear for their own or families safety. 17,000 fans close up at a pitch can be just as good at swaying a decision as 50-60,000 fans. as i said thats home advantage.

I really hope the refs that come in have good games and come monday morning everyone is talking about how good a weekend of football it was.

There was a ref on talksport the other day there, the one that sent Beckham off at the World Cup.

He says that players behave differently towards foreign ref's because they do not know them. They are more likely to argue decisions with referees they have all the time because they think they know them and have built up some kind of relationship with them.

He noticed how this happens in his own country. Players behave differently during domestic games and games in Europe.

If we want this "experiment" to prove a success (ie that overseas refs are better than our own) then the players and managers have to play their part by accepting decisions, good and bad and just getting on with the game.

Easy to say if you get a bad call against you, but at least we will know that any mistakes by refs are honest ones and not because of any possible bias,

I think for anyone to say that is a quantum leap: in fact when Scottish refs are involved in European games they generally acquit themselves well.

The real point is that fans, ie the customer, will believe things are done more fairly and will more readily accept decisions they see as wrong. So also will the players especially outside the OF because they know what the alternative is.

At the moment we have Weegie refs coming through to places like Tynecastle to ref a game involving a Glasgow team, McDonald reffing H*bs and Murray reffing Hearts which is inviting controversy if a decision goes the wrong way. We have not learned from the Miko incident when we had a policeman in the Ibrox area call a key decision. Officials should be neutral in every respect, including geographical, and if anyone believes the theory that we're too small a nation to achieve this (we haven't even attempted) then they should welcome foreign refs with open arms.

Nah you see the amount of ridiculous diving and soft free kicks given in other European country's. With the tough tackles and the way the Scottish game is played there would be red cards galore. Also it would encourage little dafty's like Gary Hooper to dive about like a clown in the penalty box to gain penalties

The cost of using foreign referees is the single most important reason why it will never happen on a regular basis. If managers, coaches and players adhere to the rules of the game the then referees job would be a lot easier.

Foreign refs may not be any better than our own incompetents, but they are probably less likely to favour one (sorry make that 2)particular teams.

Interesting weekend ahead.

The cost of using foreign referees is the single most important reason why it will never happen on a regular basis. If managers, coaches and players adhere to the rules of the game the then referees job would be a lot easier.

Honesty from that lot. That will never happen.

If Celtic got a spanish referee, and he came from Seville, they would still be able to claim that they were unfairly treated because he was an Orangeman...... :teehee: :teehee:

The Old Tolbooth

Sorry why should he be banned?

I totally agree it was a stonewall penalty but, and apologies if I'm reading this wrong, you seem to be insinuating that Naismith DELIBERATELY booted Fabio in the chops which is quite clearly not the case. He thought he was going to clear the ball away unchallenged, Naismith's eyes never leave the ball and Fabio comes in on his blindside and heads it before Naismith.

Now I am a long way away from being Naismith's biggest fan, in fact I hate the little runt, but even I could see it wasn't deliberate.

Back on topic, if these refs prove to be more competent than the Scottish ones then I'm all for a wee protest to make sure we use them all the time.

Ross, he's not saying he wants Naismith banned for the challenge, he's saying he wants him (amongst others) banned for bringing the game into disrepute for refusing to accept that it was a bad challenge, for the way Naismith carried on by spitting the dummy out when the post kick was awarded against him, and for the way the media immediately jumped to his defence of the tackle saying that he did nothing wrong.

Stevie Wonder would have called that challenge a penalty, that's how blind our media are, and the fact that Naismith acted like the petulant little tosser that he really is when it went against him, only acts to further prove just how used to getting their own way Rangers and their players really are when officiated by their "chums"

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I love watching the old firm in Europe because they simply can't handle even handed foreign refs, because for too long they've been used to getting their own way in our corrupt little pathetic excuse for a league.

Ross, he's not saying he wants Naismith banned for the challenge, he's saying he wants him (amongst others) banned for bringing the game into disrepute for refusing to accept that it was a bad challenge, for the way Naismith carried on by spitting the dummy out when the post kick was awarded against him, and for the way the media immediately jumped to his defence of the tackle saying that he did nothing wrong.

Stevie Wonder would have called that challenge a penalty, that's how blind our media are, and the fact that Naismith acted like the petulant little tosser that he really is when it went against him, only acts to further prove just how used to getting their own way Rangers and their players really are when officiated by their "chums"

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I love watching the old firm in Europe because they simply can't handle even handed foreign refs, because for too long they've been used to getting their own way in our corrupt little pathetic excuse for a league.

Ah I see. My mistook.

Apologies to Big D then for my misinterpretation, must wake up properly before posting on here I think :whistling:

The Old Tolbooth

Ah I see. My mistook.

Apologies to Big D then for my misinterpretation, must wake up properly before posting on here I think :whistling:

Thank god you got it, because I was struggling myself there :D

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
Foreign refs may not be any better than our own incompetents

There are no Scottish refs good enough to be at the Euro Championships or World Cup, therefore foreign refs are better IMO.

gorgie rd eh11

Over all you're probably right.

But they might not adhere to the special rules adopted by our refs e.g. Davie Weir can get in the face of officials as much as he wants without any action being taken, whereas the likes of Marius Zaliukas would be instantly booked if he behaved the same way. Or Bouzid could be booked for persistent fouling after 3 fouls but McCulloch is still receiving warnings after 8 fouls.

The cost of bringing in officials from abroad every week would be huge.

It's not an option.

If it was only in Scotland that we used foreign refs I agree. Imo as i suggested in previous post, If all refs were under the same ref organisation and travelled to different countries to ref then the costs would be much higher than using domestic refs, but could be met by the various FA's and the larger the league the more costly to them obviously as they would need more officials. Or even if we just used a foreign ref and Foreign 4th official the linesmen could still be domestic or just a ref and foreign linesmen 4th official could be domestic.

Clubs being charged an extra few thousand a season is not going to kill them, not in the top tiers of the game anyway.

The Old Tolbooth

Clubs being charged an extra few thousand a season is not going to kill them, not in the top tiers of the game anyway.

I think if clubs knew they were going to get even handed referees in charge of their matches then they would gladly pay extra for the privilege, because the roasters that officiate our matches just now are nowhere near worth ?850 per match.

I think if clubs knew they were going to get even handed referees in charge of their matches then they would gladly pay extra for the privilege, because the roasters that officiate our matches just now are nowhere near worth ?850 per match.

Spot on :thumbsup:

hit-the-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Yip. Ta.

I can exclusively reveal that the idea of using foreign refs has now been thrown out......reason being that one of them awarded a penalty AGAINST Rangers the other nite!

john brownlee

I think it could be a good idea if refs worked as a team like in major tournaments. Maybe six in a team rotating and the ref as the number one position. from all over Europe as a previous poster suggested that way it would give the team a professional look and a purpose of being graded as the best team in Europe. They could gauge them and select the best team for major games. All being paid from a central European fund and a proper organized referee Ltd company and run like a business.

but I think hell would freeze over before anything like reorganization to occur because of a couple of fandans in scotland

Archived