I reached for the razor blades this evening

John Findlay

John Findlay

and instead of shaving my facial hair as is the norm I was very tempted to slash my wrists. You see I made my daily mistake of reading kickback before spending my pruning time in the bathroom.

According to certain Hearts supporters(this is a very personal opinion I use the word supporter in it's loosest meaning) if, I decide to purchase a season ticket now I am and idiot, damaging the club etc etc. Then I will be watching Hearts in a relegation dogfight next season. Not bad that one considering the league season has not completed for this season yet.

Still having been a Hearts supporter through three previous relegations I will consider myself an experienced campaigner there.

Aye very tempting it was to use my razor blades for suicide but, then I thought in one hundred and thirty four/five years history of this club we have amassed fifteen major domestic trophies, which using my basic mental arithmetic averages one trophy every nine years. What a massively achieving football club I have decided to support.

In football terms this club in the context of Scottish football has been under achieving since it's birth. Never mind it is all that nasty Vladimir Romanov's fault. He is the worst custodian of the club we have ever had so he is.

All those previous to him were paragons of virtue, honesty, and openess with the Hearts support. None of them ever took us for the ride that Vladimir Romanov is.

By God I should have been reaching for those razors at 16yrs of age when I first started shaving in 1979 as to some those were the good times.

John

Dirk Diggler

I've been feeling a bit like that myself tonight.

Going to log off before I take my frustrations out on our resident hobo pe(s)t and get a suspension.

Ray Winstone
and instead of shaving my facial hair as is the norm I was very tempted to slash my wrists. You see I made my daily mistake of reading kickback before spending my pruning time in the bathroom.

According to certain Hearts supporters(this is a very personal opinion I use the word supporter in it's loosest meaning) if, I decide to purchase a season ticket now I am and idiot, damaging the club etc etc. Then I will be watching Hearts in a relegation dogfight next season. Not bad that one considering the league season has not completed for this season yet.

Still having been a Hearts supporter through three previous relegations I will consider myself an experienced campaigner there.

Aye very tempting it was to use my razor blades for suicide but, then I thought in one hundred and thirty four/five years history of this club we have amassed fifteen major domestic trophies, which using my basic mental arithmetic averages one trophy every nine years. What a massively achieving football club I have decided to support.

In football terms this club in the context of Scottish football has been under achieving since it's birth. Never mind it is all that nasty Vladimir Romanov's fault. He is the worst custodian of the club we have ever had so he is.

All those previous to him were paragons of virtue, honesty, and openess with the Hearts support. None of them ever took us for the ride that Vladimir Romanov is.

By God I should have been reaching for those razors at 16yrs of age when I first started shaving in 1979 as to some those were the good times.

John

VLAD SHEEP ALERT!

:P

I've been feeling a bit like that myself tonight.

Going to log off before I take my frustrations out on our resident hobo pe(s)t and get a suspension.

Snap.

Needed a distraction from all these season ticket threads so thought i'd play with the KB pet.

monkfish1979

John

Fabulous post, mate. Agree totally. People daft enough to be sooked in by the bizarre ramblings about Champion's League football should maybe have a wee word with themselves. We've never been a world class club, but it is our club. We've been pesh in the past and we'll (probably) be pesh in the future.

What I find most interesting is that the usual culprits are going on the warpath slating anybody who is renewing their season book and using the reasoning that it shows VR he can get away with anything he wants.

Yet I haven't seen one concerted effort on here to try and adopt any sort of delayed renewal system in order to get a message across.

They are just brainless trolls who want to fight with everyone. If they really gave a **** about getting a message to VR they would have spent some time trying to get people behind such a scheme as opposed to wasting their time insulting other Hearts fans.

Darkwhisky7
What I find most interesting is that the usual culprits are going on the warpath slating anybody who is renewing their season book and using the reasoning that it shows VR he can get away with anything he wants.

Yet I haven't seen one concerted effort on here to try and adopt any sort of delayed renewal system in order to get a message across.

They are just brainless trolls who want to fight with everyone. If they really gave a **** about getting a message to VR they would have spent some time trying to get people behind such a scheme as opposed to wasting their time insulting other Hearts fans.

Oh the irony!!

Insulting. Brainless trolls!

ToadKiller Dog

Tutt tutt John i thought you of all people would know that we are no longer hearts and havent been Hearts since Burley was sacked in fact we are FC Lithuania.

John

John

EXCELLANT POST.

I said the following to some no-mark on here earlier today, and it pretty much sums how I feel about this great club.

Supporting Hearts through thick and thin might have never entered your mind but it has never left mine.

:beer:

John

BUT, but , but... he lied to us! :banghead:

I think the words the OP is looking for are "Glory Hunters".

They claim to have been promised this and that by VR and bought into it because they wanted to be in on the ground floor but nasty old Vlad has let them down. You must accept the bad with the good even if it does not come in fair proportions.

I too have been through the relegation years but I have also seen the best times. You see these posts " Who is your favourite Hearts player?" Well I supported HMFC when we won leagues, league cups and the Scottish cup in 1956 and if I named my favourite player as Dave Mackay that was doing a disservice to Alex. Young (the Golden Vision), John Cumming (your original Braveheart). King Willie Bauld and many others.

To sum up, things are far from perfect but we will come again. Believe! That is if you are a real Jambo.

Oh the irony!!

Insulting. Brainless trolls!

Do you know what ironic means?

Or troll for that matter?

Buffalo Bill

**** it, I'm renewing.

I like PAIN!!!!

Leslie_ash_mb2.jpg

Buffalo Bill

stevieC@pivot

John

Now,now,John,how can anyone take you serious after that statement in bold!!

hearts_crazy
**** it, I'm renewing.

I like PAIN!!!!

Leslie_ash_mb2.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Hee hee hee, silly cow

Anyway, the OP forgot to mention that we are of course now officially worse than St Johnstone because they beat St Midden in the cup:confused:

Sexton Hardcastle
Hee hee hee, silly cow

Anyway, the OP forgot to mention that we are of course now officially worse than St Johnstone because they beat St Midden in the cup:confused:

Does this mean in silly Polls "Hearts" now become the goofey "St Johnstone" option?

hearts_crazy
Does this mean in silly Polls "Hearts" now become the goofey "St Johnstone" option?

Hmmm, maybe it does, they beat St Midden then we must also be more goofy than them:mw_rolleyes:

John

EXCELLANT POST.

I said the following to some no-mark on here earlier today, and it pretty much sums how I feel about this great club.

Supporting Hearts through thick and thin might have never entered your mind but it has never left mine.

:beer:

Support Hearts thru thick & thin yes ..... but opening your eyes every so often might do you some good.!!

OP completely misses the point.

Of course we have endured decades of p**h, but we didn't pay stupid wages and amass huge debts in producing that p**s. Nor did we have players on daft wages who we barely saw (in the manner of Pinilla, Kingston, Nade, etc.).

As many posters have eloquently described, what Romanov and his henchmen have achieved is to invoke feelings of disinterest and lack of identification with the team, the management and, especially, the Board.

In the relegation days, most of us were reconciled with watching low ability players who at least tried like bears and were usually the best available to put on the park. Also, while we always sold the better players, we didn't drive too many out of the Club that I recall.

You are not comparing like with like. Going to games at Tynecastle this season has often been a miserable experience. Despite the many disappoinments of the past, I haven't ever felt so emotionally uninvolved before.

I think your memory is playing tricks on you.Those low ability players you remember so fondly actually threatened to go on strike because they thought that they were due a bonus for actually winning a game and if you think they tried like bears that was because they had the skill level of bears.

Tynecastle in those days was indeed a miserable place crowds of 3000-5000 on a regular basis,they could'nt even afford to hire anyone to clear the weeds that were growing on the gorgie road terracing.

I'm not saying that things are great at the moment but folk should at least try to appreciate that the club enjoys a much higher profile nowadays and not get to nostalgic about what were grim days .

IMO most of the folk on here would not have supported Hearts during these times.

Guest S.U.S.S.

John

Not sure it was meant to but brought a smile to my face reading some of that.

I was totalyl against getting my season ticket renewed, but then i looked at the glossy etc (the content was irrelevant) and all the worry of what if i miss x or y. I am actually considering moving from the WF to the old stand, as IF it is to be our last with it there in its current form i would like to be there for the season.

Anyway i digress, chin up mate, some people dont quite understand teh word support.

They bitch and moan on the net yet when Hearts needed them how many stood up to be counted with SOH? Not many im sure. Thats not to say all, i know a number of posters who gave time and money, just tired of the, im the geratest supporter lot on here telling others what to do when they have not seen bad times at this club like some nor got off their arse when the club needed them a few short years ago. So you renew John, your money, your club, your choice.

John

Okay.

Makween

scott herbertson
I think your memory is playing tricks on you.Those low ability players you remember so fondly actually threatened to go on strike because they thought that they were due a bonus for actually winning a game and if you think they tried like bears that was because they had the skill level of bears.

Tynecastle in those days was indeed a miserable place crowds of 3000-5000 on a regular basis,they could'nt even afford to hire anyone to clear the weeds that were growing on the gorgie road terracing.

I'm not saying that things are great at the moment but folk should at least try to appreciate that the club enjoys a much higher profile nowadays and not get to nostalgic about what were grim days .

IMO most of the folk on here would not have supported Hearts during these times.

absolutely

fabulous post

If Derek Renton and Crawford Boyd were in the Hearts team today some of the posters on here would spontaneously combust

Darkwhisky7
Do you know what ironic means?

Or troll for that matter?

Go away son, another post and you still don't get it. Maybe it's you who needs the dictionary, I certainly don't, have a wee think before you reply.

I repeat: Going to games at Tynecastle this season has often been a miserable experience. Despite the many disappoinments of the past, I haven't ever felt so emotionally uninvolved before.

......and many others feel the same way.

I feel exactly the same way you do - I have never felt as disconnected and alienated from the club as I currently do. I think everyone I know who first started going around 1970 also feels the same way - something has broken, or been broken, in their relationship to HMFC. But some people are obviously not experiencing the same thing.

Miller Jambo 60
Tutt tutt John i thought you of all people would know that we are no longer hearts and havent been Hearts since Burley was sacked in fact we are FC Lithuania.

HA HA what a reply ,will be getting my Season ticket for myself and Mark and the wee man Lewis his first.

Some on this site want to get a grip.

Mind you they are great jambos mmmmm:107years::107years::107years::confused::confused:

I first went in 1967-8, have had a season ticket since 1969-70 & started going to away games in 1973-4 & still feel fully attached to HMFC & the team. I'm less optimistic than 2 years ago but more optimistic than I was during 1978-81. That's just how I feel, I don't think that it makes me a better supporter than somebody who feels differently, although another thread seems to suggest that it makes me a worse one!

I think the words the OP is looking for are "Glory Hunters".

They claim to have been promised this and that by VR and bought into it because they wanted to be in on the ground floor but nasty old Vlad has let them down. You must accept the bad with the good even if it does not come in fair proportions.

I too have been through the relegation years but I have also seen the best times. You see these posts " Who is your favourite Hearts player?" Well I supported HMFC when we won leagues, league cups and the Scottish cup in 1956 and if I named my favourite player as Dave Mackay that was doing a disservice to Alex. Young (the Golden Vision), John Cumming (your original Braveheart). King Willie Bauld and many others.

To sum up, things are far from perfect but we will come again. Believe! That is if you are a real Jambo.

You must be about the same age as myself since I, too, started supporting Hearts in my Uni days in 1950 and I, too, believe we will rise again with or without VR. I try not to read the totally negative posts but that is very difficult in thse days of Keyboard Super Managers !!!!

John

never look backwards as we have been a disgrace to edinburgh for most of the years we've exsisted. the odd trophy here and there is a joke for a club our size. i'm sick to death of hearts underachieving and we the fans have to get real and tell the man that the time of hearts being second best to the tattie munchers and huns has to stop.

so get the finger out romanov and employ a quality manager and back him with the resources he'll need to make hearts the top team in scotland.

100% with you there. Some of the biggest critics I've come across in the last year are people who deserted the club in the late seventies and came rushing back in 1986 only to charge away again the following season and who came creeping back when Burley managed to put that run together.

Whilst we've got an incredibly loyal nucleus of supporters - we don't half have some greetin faced glory hunters amongst us.

Go away son, another post and you still don't get it. Maybe it's you who needs the dictionary, I certainly don't, have a wee think before you reply.

Sorry dad :o

Miller Jambo 60
Sorry dad :o

OH dear make up bud big Doug now barred from the mid yoken.

What a shame MA HA:107years::107years:

Thunderstruck

John, You might be better served by donating your rusty razor blades to the depressives that seem to spend an inordinate amount of time berating normal Jambos on JKB.

OH dear make up bud big Doug now barred from the mid yoken.

What a shame MA HA:107years::107years:

Good evening to you as well Doug

Buffalo Bill

The mood on Kickback rarely reflects what I hear in the pub.

In the pub, people moan for two minutes and then you get on with it.

I hate what's happening on the field with Hearts over the last two years but I won't let this beat me.

I have hope for next season.

Hmmm

donatella-versace.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Fabulous post, mate. Agree totally. People daft enough to be sooked in by the bizarre ramblings about Champion's League football should maybe have a wee word with themselves. We've never been a world class club, but it is our club. We've been pesh in the past and we'll (probably) be pesh in the future.

im just a nipper by the sounds of it compared to some of you supporters but like you say weve been crap in the past. but i bet even in the worst times there has been something to get excited about. even if it was 1 exciting player or a passionate team. we have neither right now.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
The mood on Kickback rarely reflects what I hear in the pub.

In the pub, people moan for two minutes and then you get on with it.

I hate what's happening on the field with Hearts over the last two years but I won't let this beat me.

I have hope for next season.

Hmmm

donatella-versace.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Haha what is with these pictures Bill?!

Darkwhisky7
Enjoy telling people what to do on the internet eh?

:eek:

No, didn't you see the smiley or wink, whatever, I was having a laugh, maybe it wasn't as obvious as I thought. Anyway, I didn't mean it the way you thought, no hard feelings eh?:whistling:

Buffalo Bill
Haha what is with these pictures Bill?!

Hidden messages mate. ;)

Buffalo Bill

jamboinglasgow

I have followed Hearts since 1995, before that I was not that aware of football (as shown by the fact that before then I classified myself as a half-hearts, half-hibs fan (one brother a big hibs fan, the other hearts, being the youngest I decided to go both not to get in any fights.) I went to a few matches before 1997, but started going reguarly in 97-98 season. Missed the cup final due to stupidly having a scout camp that weekend but loved Hearts.

I had a guarenteed seat every week till the end of 2004/05 however I did not go every week due to me being young and foolish. Then 2005/06 moved to Glasgow to go to University and realised that I really love Hearts and realised I was being so stupid in missing games when I was younger. This is not to due with the season but more that you only realise what you had when its gone.

As my Dad has 2 season ticket I can go to all the home matches when I am back from uni and I am always desperate to go. I am now going to attend U19 matches at riccarton when I am at home and may go to the odd reserve match. If I got a job in Edinburgh after uni I would buy a season ticket no matter how hearts played or even if we were in the third division.

I guess is what I am saying is dont skip on a season ticket, I dont get to see Hearts as often as I like and I wish I could sit in Tynecastle everytime there is a game whether we win, lose or draw. Just remember if Hearts were winning every week it would get boring :P

scott herbertson
im just a nipper by the sounds of it compared to some of you supporters but like you say weve been crap in the past. but i bet even in the worst times there has been something to get excited about. even if it was 1 exciting player or a passionate team. we have neither right now.

Kingston is about 4000% as exciting than all the players in the team which played in the 1979-1980 season put together

Eliott, Miko and Nielson would have been stand-outs in that team - no joke

You must be about the same age as myself since I, too, started supporting Hearts in my Uni days in 1950 and I, too, believe we will rise again with or without VR. I try not to read the totally negative posts but that is very difficult in thse days of Keyboard Super Managers !!!!

Not quite. I was in primary school in 1950.

I do not wish to make our younger fans envious but in the mid-late 50's I used to go to the match wondering, not if we would win, but by how many we would win. I was not in any way apprehensive when we played the OF as we were a superior team for much of that period. Going through the season and losing only 1 game, scoring the record number of goals and beating the OF home and away was fantastic!

Archived