Cristiano Ronaldo - Awesome

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

It really really hurts me to say this (as a Diehard Liverpool fan), but I think Cristiano Ronaldo is just out of this world.

This should hopefully hold a bit more weight to my argument, as I hate liking players that I shouldn't however I cant see how he can get any better.

As I say that, he's just scored.

Toxteth O'Grady
It really really hurts me to say this (as a Diehard Liverpool fan), but I think Cristiano Ronaldo is just out of this world.

This should hopefully hold a bit more weight to my argument, as I hate liking players that I shouldn't however I cant see how he can get any better.

Is that about 31 goals this season? Edit - just checked he's scored 32!

Not bad considering he's not a striker

Gigolo-Aunt

Know you are a diehard Andy - should not hurt you though, bud. The guy is pure class.

As a football fan, nowt wrong with admitting it. A blind man can see he is.

chester copperpot
Is that about 31 goals this season?

Not bad considering he's not a striker

Was just going to mention that when he scored as I typed, so had to submit it so people didn't think I was typing that just because he scored.

Same as George best now, WOW.

Commander Harris

I can honestly say I am completely neutral when it comes to english football yet I believe Cristiano Ronaldo to be one of the best players in the world, if not the best.

I think we'll look back on him much in the same way we do el Diego or Pele or even Neil Macfarlane. ;)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Not many players I go out of my way to watch but this guy is out of this world.

Has the potential to be a true great.

Imagine playing against him, would have a sleepless night worrying about what he might do to you!

Toxteth O'Grady
Was just going to mention that when he scored as I typed, so had to submit it so people didn't think I was typing that just because he scored.

Same as George best now, WOW.

I remember thinking that ?12 Million was a huge amount to pay for an 18 year old at the time. But it looks like the Man Utd players were right when they told Fergie to buy him.

Every time he gets the ball he looks dangerous, he must be a nightmare for defenders.

I can honestly say I am completely neutral when it comes to english football yet I believe Cristiano Ronaldo to be one of the best players in the world, if not the best.

I think we'll look back on him much in the same way we do el Diego or Pele or even Neil Macfarlane. ;)

Ronaldo is a great player but best in the world would have to go to Messi, that guy just has so much ability he is a dream to watch!! (imo of course)

King of the North

and another one.

In the prem I would pay to watch Ronaldo, Torres or Berbatov whenever or wherever they were playing

But Ronaldo is a different class.

chester copperpot
I remember thinking that ?12 Million was a huge amount to pay for an 18 year old at the time. But it looks like the Man Utd players were right when they told Fergie to buy him.

Every time he gets the ball he looks dangerous, he must be a nightmare for defenders.

WOW, thanks Cristiano for proving my point.

He's just sensational. If he doesn't win world player of the year (with Torres 2nd ;) then there's something wrong).

chester copperpot
Ronaldo is a great player but best in the world would have to go to Messi, that guy just has so much ability he is a dream to watch!! (imo of course)

More end product from Ronaldo though sis, even struggling to get Cameron to follow Liverpool now due to the wee boy loving Ronaldo.

Just holding on due to Torres this season, but only just.

That's 33 goals this season. And still a hatful of games to go. Who was the last top division striker down south to get 40 in a season? And more importantly who was the last non forward to get anywhere near that?

That's 33 goals this season. And still a hatful of games to go. Who was the last top division striker down south to get 40 in a season? And more importantly who was the last non forward to get anywhere near that?

They were just saying Van Nistelrooy got 44 one season.

Honestly, how the feck does Ronaldo hit the ball like that?! Unbelievable.

Gigolo-Aunt

Can remember Clive Allen getting a shed load for Spurs in the mid 80s.

Midfielder?

Dunno on that one.

Ryan Gosling

Van Nistelrooy got 44 according to Sky.

Van Nistelrooy got 44 according to Sky.

And contributed diddly squat apart from the goals. Would be interesting to see Ronaldos assist figures as well.

chester copperpot

Taz, I dont think there's been a non Striker that has got anywhere near 40 goals, but Im not old enough to confirm.

He's the best I've ever seen, and that kills me to say that.

I can see all the Manc's on this board loving this thread, however there's times where you have to admit defeat, and tonight, if Man Utd where ever to sell Ronaldo, I think it would be down to the Glazier's than anything to do with Football.

When I'd heard Utd had signed Ronaldo, wasn't too bothered about them signing a fat Brazilian, however how wrong was I.

The boy just oozes class, and I believe will go onto to be named in the same breathe as Pele.

Say What Again

Yeah, the year Coventry won the Cup (Keith Houchen), I think Allen scored over 50 for Spurs.

Fozzyonthefence

Don't understand how something in English football can hurt somebody who's (presumably) Scottish and a Hearts fan. Is it a sign of how bad we have become that our fans need two teams now?!

Taz, I dont think there's been a non Striker that has got anywhere near 40 goals, but Im not old enough to confirm.

I can see all the Manc's on this board loving this thread, however there's times where you have to admit defeat, and tonight, if Man Utd where ever to sell Ronaldo, I think it would be down to the Glazier's than anything to do with Football.

When I'd heard Utd had signed Ronaldo, wasn't too bothered about them signing a fat Brazilian, however how wrong was I.

The boy just oozes class, and I believe will go onto to be named in the same breathe as Pele.

Fergie is worried that Ronaldo will be driven out of English football by the lack of protection he gets.

Suppose the only way to stop him is to bring him down.

Just want to say, Fergie has got it nailed with this current Man Utd squad IMO.

Could well do the double this season.

Ronaldo - Tevez - Rooney

Could end up being a legendary front line.

chester copperpot
Don't understand how something in English football can hurt somebody who's (presumably) Scottish and a Hearts fan. Is it a sign of how bad we have become that our fans need two teams now?!

Please dont turn this into something its not mate.

Been a Liverpool fan since I was a nipper due to Kenny Dagleish, however credit where credits due.

And I was just getting to like you Andy:p

Just wait till Sunday;)

My brother Andy has supported Liverpool for as long as I can remember, it's nowt to do with Hearts they will always be his (and mine) first love. It's something we did as children I suppose had a Scottish team and an English team we supported. Mine is Man utd btw and it's something he never lets me forget!!

Midfielder?

Dunno on that one.

Striker.

When I was younger, I could hit a ball like Ronaldo does now.

In the Man U changing room, Ronaldo is known by his team mates as Cristiano Believe.

Gigolo-Aunt
Striker.

I know he was a striker.

Was trying to think of a midfield player who has hit those amount of goals.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Dinnae talk about the Ronaldo like that. He's a legend.

Cristiano still has some way to go to top what the big man did, although he is on the right path.

chester copperpot
And I was just getting to like you Andy:p

Just wait till Sunday;)

At least Im not a gloryhunting English fan (unless you include the 05 CL final mate) but supported Liverpool as long as the JT's if not longer. Obviously the older I got, the more I was drawn towards my local team, however this boy Ronaldo ticks every box I've ever seen.

I was never lucky enough to witness Pele, Eusabio etc etc, but for me, he's got more class than any Manchester United player I've ever seen, and that includes Eric Cantona.

That wasnt a dig at you horse mate, about the gloryhunting thing ;)

That wasn't a dig at you horse mate, the gloryhunting thing.

I cant help admitting it when there's a World Class stand out out there. Thats how I regard Ronaldo.

Without Ronaldo and Rooney, Manchester United would be ordinary, to say the least. Thats my bitchiness over for the evening. ;)

He still has to do it at the very highest level IMO. Look at Zidane, 3 goals in World Cup Finals and an absolute wonder goal to win the Champions League. Where was Ronaldo in the CL semis last year? Even FA Cup Final? He undoubtedly has tremendous ability, but needs to do in the very biggest games before he can really be considered a great. I'm sure he will do it one day, but he hasn't thus far.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
He still has to do it at the very highest level IMO. Look at Zidane, 3 goals in World Cup Finals and an absolute wonder goal to win the Champions League. Where was Ronaldo in the CL semis last year? Even FA Cup Final? He undoubtedly has tremendous ability, but needs to do in the very biggest games before he can really be considered a great. I'm sure he will do it one day, but he hasn't thus far.

I agree to a degree. However, in 1998 Zidane was already 26 years old, Ronaldo is only 23 and has years ahead of him to achieve similar to what ZZ did.

He is only 22 mate. Plenty time. I remember Zidane Euro 96...awful.

John Findlay

I would dispute that Christian Ronaldo is not a forward player. I class him as a winger and to me a winger is a forward player. Alex Young was a winger and scoring goals came easy to him too. THe boy is having a cracking season in a cracking Man Utd team.

John

Ray Winstone

People said (pundits etc) that he would not have as good a season as he did last year.

Yet he goes from strength to strength and he is still only 23.

Pretty remarkable.

According to the BBC the 2nd goal broke George Bests record for goals scored by a winger.

All he needs to do now is retire at 27 and make several botched comebacks and he'll be as big a legend;)

lost in leith
At least Im not a gloryhunting English fan (unless you include the 05 CL final mate) but supported Liverpool as long as the JT's if not longer.

Liverpool's glory days started in the mid-60s. You must be older than the boy with the Andy68 top I've seen at Hearts games ;)

chester copperpot
Liverpool's glory days started in the mid-60s. You must be older than the boy with the Andy68 top I've seen at Hearts games ;)

Exactly mate, I was born in '74 ;)

The 80's were pretty special as a 'Pool' fan, but I was still too young.

Doesn't make you change your team though does it?

Anyway, Ronaldo, WOW.

I taught him everything he knows, he's copied all my skills and my six pack. He is however still just a poor imitation.

I would dispute that Christian Ronaldo is not a forward player. I class him as a winger and to me a winger is a forward player. Alex Young was a winger and scoring goals came easy to him too. THe boy is having a cracking season in a cracking Man Utd team.

John

No-one stated he's not a forward player.

Someone said he's not a striker, which is true.

Eckauskas

John Findlay
No-one stated he's not a forward player.

Someone said he's not a striker, which is true.

Eckauskas

The difference between a forward player and a striker is??

John

The difference between a forward player and a striker is??

John

Man Utd play with 2 forwards in their formation, Ronaldo isn't one of them.

Dr Ian Malcolm

I'd say he's done it to an extent at the highest level - was the best player on the pitch against France in the '06 WC semi final, wasn't too shabby against England in the previous round either. Still got plenty of tournaments ahead of him though.

Still think United could do with an out and out striker. Rooney is better dropping deep and Tevez, whilst a good forward, you can't see him getting goals week in week out like for example Van Nistelrooy did.

What I'm basically saying is they need Klimek in that team.

The Old Tolbooth

Even although the lad plays for manure, I have to admit he's had legendary status with me ever since he pumped England out by getting Rooney sent off, now THAT was class :D

John Findlay
Man Utd play with 2 forwards in their formation, Ronaldo isn't one of them.

So what. Christian Ronaldo is proving himself a better finisher than Rooney and whoever the other forward is in their 4-4-2 formation.

Who was not the striker out of Conn Bauld and Wardaugh?

John

So what. Christian Ronaldo is proving himself a better finisher than Rooney and whoever the other forward is in their 4-4-2 formation.

Who was not the striker out of Conn Bauld and Wardaugh?

John

And what formation did we play in those days? Pretty much 2-3-5

And what formation did we play in those days? Pretty much 2-3-5

Would that formation work these days?

If I was Hearts' manager, I'd use that as an experiment (as I've never seen it used):)

....................Banks

..............Karipidis Berra

....Neilson Jonsson Palazuelos

Mikoliunas.......................Wallace

........Kingston.........Driver

....................Nade

Archived