Ticket Prices

Guest Alex Guttenplan

United are getting charged ?54 a pop for Chelsea away.

If we had the Chelsea squad at Tynecastle we would walk the league and each and every game would be worth the ?54.

Adult prices aren't really the issue.

Someone please think I've the children!!

I think kids under 12 should be free with paying adult and say ?5 for under 16's. I think you would boost crowds and future support without reducing revenue?

i'd pretty much pay the walk up prices to tynie any time i could make a game.

its not the same here in london though, where its especially expensive even for the epl.

west ham are doing bargain seats for ?20 this weekend. an adult ticket price is normally ?51-?69 cat A+, ?46-?54 cat A, and ?36-?52 cat B. most folk just can't afford to go every week at those prices

Guest John Meurig Thomas

If we had the Chelsea squad at Tynecastle we would walk the league and each and every game would be worth the ?54.

No it wouldn't. No football match is worth ?54.

You read earlier in the thread that Barcelona, the Milan Clubs and others, who all have arguably better teams than Chelsea, charge more than half that.

After this Sunday's game we'll have played 14 league games.7 will have been 3 o'clock Saturday games.While it's true that the clubs will rake in t.v. money,the simple fact is that t.v. has ****** up the whole thing.The English Premier League is the prime example.Asking people to pay daft prices to watch pish!As regards this thread,like others,i have a ST so going to all 19 home games works out about 17 and a half quid.If i was voting in the poll it would be about that amount.

I've been doing some research into this subject and discovered that in 1959 it cost 3 shillings to get into a Scottish football match and it also cost 3 shillings to get into the cinema. In 1974 it was 50 pence to attend a match and it was 13 pence for a pint of beer. Compare that to the difference nowadays between the cost of beer and cinema tickets and the admission price to football. It doesn't take a genius to work out that the cost of football has rocketed.

The Olympic Games in London have a good ticketing price for under 16s.

If you are under 16 you pay your age. So if you are 5 you pay ?5 and if you are 10 you pay ?10.

It might be hard to prove the kids ages but it might make some parents better off and again, it would encourage younger kids to come to the games.

The maximum price for a ticket to any Scottish domestic league or cup game should be ?15, with only a slight increase for European fitba. And while we are at it switch the games to summer fitba that way i dont risk hypothermia watching Hearts scrape a win against Hamilton or the like.

Archived