Wage problems

Carl Weathers

I think the fact that the players are getting their wages in full, all be it a couple of days late each month, suggests that this is an administrative error and not a financial stability issue. If we were deferring payments etc I'd be more worried.

Chad Sexington

Indeed. I haven't even read the story - just the retarded (and otherwise) comments on this thread. We should be concerning ourselves with much bigger issues, me and you.

This is so full of shan patter that ::mickeylove:: has actually made one of the most perceptive posts on the topic. :o

Crazy days. :o

Seymour M Hersh

Oh the Maroon tinted specs brigade are out in force with thier uber defensive comments. Denying that this is a story.

OF COURSE IT'S A STORY.

I'm not suggesting it means the club are up jobby creek, but of course this is an issue / some sort of problem that needs addressed.

Why oh why does it keep happening? It's not good enough. We are giving the papers something to write about. It's our own fault. nobody else's.

My employer never pays me late? If it did happen, I bet it would happen once and something would be done to make sure this didn't happen again.

But nope! We keep making a dick of ourselves. For Christ sake Hearts, how hard can it be? Stop cocking up. Nobody else is. Stop giving the press ammunition.

It's pathetic and even more pathetic that people think it's something to be laughed at? Why are we laughing at our clubs inability to do something so straight forward? Something nobody else cocks up regularly!

It reeks of unprofessionalism at best, at worst, it makes it look like there might be a problem.

Get it sorted, Hearts.

Settle pettle, it has been sorted.

Francis Albert

Recently interest on a National Savings and Investment savings bond I have was two days late. I have written to the IMF asking them to monitor the situation because I am angry and fear that the UK is on the brink of going under. Should I pass the story to the Sun?

it's not the sun who's the main culprit here it's whoever from within hearts who keps running to them with stories.

It almost makes me wonder if Jamie McAllister has re-signed on the sly.....

Id like to think it has just taken a little longer what with having to calculate all those win, goal scorring and clean sheet bonus payments!!

Fozzyonthefence

We win 3 games in a week and the sun suddenly prints a Bullshite story on the morning of an important match. Hmmmmm

Would you rather they just ignored it and swept it under the carpet? They're just doing their job ffs - it's a pity other people can't do their job properly and pay their staff on time. I know if it was me at my work I'd be really pissed off if that kept happening - luckily I've never been paid late in over 20 years though.

Fozzyonthefence

If it was one of the OF or the Hobos who were persistently failing to pay their staff this board would be collectively creaming themselves but because it's Vlad & HMFC we slag off the Sun for a'non' story.

As already posted , how hard can it be to run a business properly and pay the staff on time ?

Exactly, but the Vlad ostrich brigade are out in force as usual.

ToadKiller Dog

A private matter between players and the club until the situation becomes intolerable such as not being paid at all ,not after 2 days. The wage issue is nobodies businesses except the above. Who is it that keeps talking to the media at the drop of a hat.

Come on guys, players don't run off to the mhedia with tales to tell. They inform their aghents of any problems and it's them who delight in picking up the phone to call a mhedia mhonkey. Papers pay for such things you know.

Geoff Kilpatrick

From a practical viewpoint, I think someone mentioned on here before that the players get paid on the 15th (could be wrong but it is from memory). That was a Monday this month so perhaps it is something to do with bank transfers over the weekend, particularly if money is coming from Lithuania.

Francis Albert

Hearts have been effectively insolvent for years. So at one level it's good to see evidence of very tight control of cash flow (I doubt cash flow projections were based on win bonuses in 6 out of 7 games) which is the least you can hope for in the circumstances. As for the players' shock and anger, these stories have been running since before any of the current players signed their current contracts with the club. It's obviously not ideal but maybe the players could consider the plight of those at Dundee and many other clubs before gabbing to agents and the media in ways that can only make Hearts management of cash flow more difficult.

And while I understand that some in the media and on here delight in any excuse for personal vilification of Vlad, it would be nice if it was balanced by some recognition of the fact Hearts wouldn't be paying players anything (or at most a fraction of the current wage bill) in Vlad's absence.

The last time my salary was late, it was a problem with RBS - not my employer (NB for all the smart bahoochies - this was when I was in business and prior to going into the ministry). The company was a French company, Rhone-Poulenc (equivalent Of the old ICI). They paid me on the button but RBS managed to mess it up and hence the 4 day delay.

Down through 20 odd years of working for various companies, I had perhaps 5 or 6 times when my salary was late. It's one of the reasons I set up my direct debits for about a week after I was due to be paid!

Point is, it's a non-story!

Point is, the weegie media love to stick it into Hearts!

Point is, they particularly love to do it when things are on the up!

Their track record is ample proof of this!

It's not paranoia!

The only ostriches on this thread are those who have their heads so far under they try to trot out excuses for the cretins who work for these rags!!!

No direct quotes from any of the players or staff about their feelings on the matter....yet they are 'raging'.

Lazy journalism.

Why is it every time we are playing to form that the press always find some sort of story to undermine everything to do with the team.

Its fear, because if we keep true to form who knows. So the hobo luvin edinburgh press, the old squirm lovers at the ****** and current bun feel they need to write all of this b.s. just to fill they're pages. We should all boycott those daily rags and read the real stories on the web, at least the real story will be slightly more accurate.

My wages were late once, when I complained to the press, the papers were not interested.

Archived