Jim Cruickshank

jamborich

scott herbertson

1970032806.jpg

Thanks so much Davy - that brought back a lot of memories - I was standing near the shed and the roar towards the end of the game from the hearts fans was tremendous. I do remember us pressing with 10 men and Crickie making several saves but I had forgotten that he was also injured - what a man and what a game!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a long (email) chat with a certain Mr. Ford earlier today and he confirms the JC hasn't been well for some time.

It seems that 2 closer friends, also ex-players have been trying to get him to return for quite some time, but he has dug his heels in.

Very sad indeed.

BD

I see a certain Sir Alex Ferguson scored for Falkirk that day. If the reporter of the Glasgow Evening Times said it was handball outside the box then that means it was closer to the centre circle than the penalty box when the handball offence was committed. I was half expecting the referee to have been a certain R Davidson of Airdrie but it was in fact a Webster of Falkirk. One can only assume R Davidson of Airdrie was the consulted linesman.

John

You have certainly brought back some very unpleasant memories with name of Mr R H Davidson of Airdrie and may I add J Gordon of Newport the McDonald and Brines of their era

Hearts Heritage

Thanks so much Davy - that brought back a lot of memories - I was standing near the shed and the roar towards the end of the game from the hearts fans was tremendous. I do remember us pressing with 10 men and Crickie making several saves but I had forgotten that he was also injured - what a man and what a game!

Scott,

There are 30 years worth of Evening Times here

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=2mus-XyGPC0C&dat=19610107&b_mode=2

Please send a copy of this report to Celtic FC care of Mr John Reid (include a free sample of Head & Shoulders Shampoo):

I point out two instances of Celtic being maltreated:

1 Celtic player booked for squaring up to Jim Townsend - (but wait a minute, according to the report, Townsend was "inexplicably" sent off).

3 Jim Cruickshank saved Tommy Gemmell's penalty. Noy allowed - Tommy should have got taking it again - (but wait a minute, according to the reporter, the ball was handled OUTSIDE the box).t

Plus ca change / / / / !!!

Please send a copy of this report to Celtic FC care of Mr John Reid (include a free sample of Head & Shoulders Shampoo):

I point out two instances of Celtic being maltreated:

1 Celtic player booked for squaring up to Jim Townsend - (but wait a minute, according to the report, Townsend was "inexplicably" sent off).

3 Jim Cruickshank saved Tommy Gemmell's penalty. Noy allowed - Tommy should have got taking it again - (but wait a minute, according to the reporter, the ball was handled OUTSIDE the box).t

Plus ca change / / / / !!!

See, that's the trouble with Hearts fans - paranoia!

Why can't other fans be well-balanced like those 'through thick and thin' nice-guy supporters from the west?

Archived