Airdrie programme cover

Westcliff

I've not seen this mentioned here so here's a link to a Daily Record report about Airdrie Utd's unfortunate choice of picture for its Remembrance Day programme cover.

Oops

Doctor FinnBarr

I've not seen this mentioned here so here's a link to a Daily Record report about Airdrie Utd's unfortunate choice of picture for its Remembrance Day programme cover.

Oops

How could they mistake German uniforms for Aussie ones? Don't they watch war films in Airdrie?

:mellow:

To be fair to them, if it hadn't been pointed out to me I wouldn't have known any better.

Quite funny though and no harm was done. Think everyone is going to lol and be done with it.

Just an honest mistake

Mind if you look hard enough you can see their backpacks 'claiming' the empty seats on the train - a giveaway for sure :whistling:

Ach nobody died as they say but it maybe indicates why we must reiterate the phrase "lest we forget"

Just an honest mistake

Mind if you look hard enough you can see their backpacks 'claiming' the empty seats on the train - a giveaway for sure :whistling:

Ach nobody died as they say but it maybe indicates why we must reiterate the phrase "lest we forget"

Not the best choice of words there....:ninja:

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Meh. No harm done. As Boomschlong said, I wouldn't have noticed/cared enough to scrutinise the picture which may have lead to me noticing. They meant well.

Also, although it was a bit of a faux pas, remembrance day is to honour and remember the war dead.Not who won. So we mourn German losses as well as our own. Obviously, this wasnt a brave statement by Airdrie though, just a balls up ha

Mac_fae_Gillie

No excuse,people should know what they are doing.

Why did they want Aussies on thier cover???Scots not good enuff??

do they know the Aussies were on the Allied side and wore British style uniforms??

Poor research,very silly mistake...gonna make them the butt of a lot of many jokes..

No excuse,people should know what they are doing.

Aye but people make mistakes, you never made one? If you've gone through life without making at least one major **** up/sackable offence then you're 1) boring and 2) a jobsworth.

But you don't come across like that so I'll assume you've made one or two.

Poor research,very silly mistake...gonna make them the butt of a lot of many jokes..

You're right. It is a silly mistake but TBH I forget about this thread every time I click away from the Terrace. As for jokes I've yet to think of one...Did you hear the one about the football programme...Nah it doesn't work.

Oh dear, oh dear!!!

Reporting Scotland interviews - comedy gold!!!

the camp boy and the fat bird in the glasses were pretty funny!!!

Jimmy McNulty

Sorry, but a total howler!

Fact!!!

Its embarrassing that some on here would have made the same mistake.

I mean, come on, they look nothing like allied uniforms.

Don't they teach history at school any more?

Its embarrassing that some on here would have made the same mistake.

I mean, come on, they look nothing like allied uniforms.

Don't they teach history at school any more?

Back in my day...

old-man-with-cane1.jpg

From what I hear the original caption on the photo referred to Austrian troops on the way to the front - that's where the Australian bit came in. Obviously they can't read in Airdrie apart from telling British from German uniforms!!

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Just an honest mistake

That'll be the Hibs end of the carriage.

Era Macaroons

So it wasnt the ad for the re-introduction of the Airdrie - Ibrox line then

read that they chose a 'train' image as they were hoping for sponsership from first rail that didnt arrive (jews on the line apparantly)

To be honest some of the soldiers on the axis side need to be respected on remembrance day too. Some of them didn't have a choice but to fight.

Absolute howler from Airdrie though, the Nazi emblem on the lapel should be a give-away.

Section B will be appalled by this!

:rolleyes:

Allegedly!

Indeed

Because we're all committed Nazis in Section B and we'd hate to be associated with the vile, disreputable monstrous institution that is Airdrieonians/Airdrie United. We do have some standards

Your Sincerely

Obergruppenf?hrer topkat, Section B upper

EDIT: We're not too happy about Rangers stealing our salute either

So it wasnt the ad for the re-introduction of the Airdrie - Ibrox line then

read that they chose a 'train' image as they were hoping for sponsership from first rail that didnt arrive (jews on the line apparantly)

Ha ha ha - that is absolutely hilarious and so so appropriate

:blink:

GC

Big_Hearts_Runner

I imagine Celtic FC wouldn't have had this problem with their programme cover for remembrance day.

A mistake from Airdrie FC but at least the thought was there and they meant well dedicating their matchday programme to a subject bigger than football.

alwaysthereinspirit

Going out on a limb here but is there any chance that these soldiers in the photo are actually British troops from "Ryans Express" :whistling:

Von Ryan obviously.

Archived