highlights up

joe.gausden

Oaaft. Its worrying how many chances St Johnston had. Glaring misses from they're piss poor strikers.

Feet firmly on the ground please Hearts. A lot of improvements to be made.

How hard would it have been for the BBC to zoom in and slo-mo the penalty incident? Surely people would be interested in seeing that a bit closer? Instead they show the reverse angle where you can't see anything.

Great pass from Calum at the end.

Looks like we got pretty lucky. Not sure what Kello was up to when he left an open goal in the first half. Penalty decision looked very, very harsh. Bombscare moment from Zaliukas almost gifted them an equaliser (2 weeks in a row he has gotten away with a bad mistake).

Good play by Elliot to set up our second goal.

Carl Spackler

How well did Callum do for the second, very impressive.

Exactly my thoughts from watching the highlights.

I also think Stephen Elliot will start scoring a few goals soon.

How hard would it have been for the BBC to zoom in and slo-mo the penalty incident? Surely people would be interested in seeing that a bit closer? Instead they show the reverse angle where you can't see anything.

Great pass from Calum at the end.

Thats what a budget of 23p and a twenty deck of fags will gets you.

The highlights from the BBC couldn't be more pathetic if they tried.

Agreed Callum must feel a bit hard done by to loose his place in the team as he has really been playing well he played well when he came on and what a pass for the 2nd goal.

Over all it was a gritty performance on a very poor pitch, Temps looked a real handful whenever he gets the ball his ability to just dribble past defenders is a joy to watch. :thumbsup:

Looks like we got pretty lucky. Not sure what Kello was up to when he left an open goal in the first half. Penalty decision looked very, very harsh. Bombscare moment from Zaliukas almost gifted them an equaliser (2 weeks in a row he has gotten away with a bad mistake).

Good play by Elliot to set up our second goal.

By his reaction, I would think he shouted for Palazuelos to let it go!

And just in case we think Zal's a bombscare, it could be worse, we could be Motherwell supporters! The Big 'C' - hope he shows more of that in a couple of weeks!

Thats what a budget of 23p and a twenty deck of fags will gets you.

The highlights from the BBC couldn't be more pathetic if they tried.

Didn't even mention what a superb save it was when Kello tipped over Parkin's shot!

You watch the coverage of the Championship and Divs 1 & 2, let alone the EPL and BBC Scotland are on a par with a 4th world nation when it comes to their coverage.

It is really pathetic!!!

That was never a penalty.

It hit his arm but there was nothing he could about it.

I'm not complaining though:)

Looks a really lucky penalty call.

It did strike the arm but it looks like his arm is right by his side.

From the highlights you could probably send off Maybury with the amount of fouls shown - I imagine there were more.

Another one in the W column. Not our greatest recent performance but really starting to look like a team who believe they are going to win each time they head out.

I'm getting slightly moist over the prospects for our season.

The Mighty Thor

He was excellent there. Gave Maybury a roasting to get the ball and a fecking superb pass too. :thumbsup:

Did not see much there to fill me with confidence! I know you have to ride your luck in football but the chances the St Johnstone missed were the best chances created by either side in the game. Was not at the game so it is always difficult to know what the balance of play was, but going on the highlights we were very lucky to take the points... however long may it continue!

Did not see much there to fill me with confidence! I know you have to ride your luck in football but the chances the St Johnstone missed were the best chances created by either side in the game. Was not at the game so it is always difficult to know what the balance of play was, but going on the highlights we were very lucky to take the points... however long may it continue!

It was what the words "grinding one out" were invented for. We were tired. The pitch was heavy and made that even worse. We gave up a few chances and had a very lucky penalty given. We've used up quite a bit of luck in the last week, although we've played pretty well in patches. Ive seen us play much better at Perth and lose so we were due one there. We'll benefit from a full weeks rest but have one of those types of home games next week. You know, the ones we should be winning with ease but never do.

All in all a great weeks work and we were only at our very best for about an hour in total.

Jeezo. See anything in the other 2 games in the prior 6 days that did please you?

That was never a penalty.

It hit his arm but there was nothing he could about it.

I'm not complaining though:)

Anybody get the feeling that the refs have been told, to avoid further controversy, to give ANY hand contact in the box as a penalty, after Wednesday (ironically since we may have benefitted twice)?

Tynecastle Valhalla

pretty much a game to forget. important 3 points and sets us up nicely for next game at home.

cannot help worry about zal's concentration levels at times.

he could have cost us another goal. he was lucky against celtic as well.

but we rode our luck and had quite a few chances ourselves.

Hackney Hearts

Hearts had more possession 56% - 44%

Hearts had more corners 4 - 2

Hearts had more shots on target 8 - 2

Shots off target were equal 6 - 6

As far as I could see, St Johnstone's only really glaring opportunity was Parkin's miss - which came from Zal's traditional one-per-game lapse of concentration.

Soft penalty certainly, but worth our win.

I think we'd all have been raging if apen had been given for that against us. Very soft but well taken & thanks ref.

Great pass for the 2nd goal & a well taken finish too.

Excellent 3 points given that we don't appear to have been very good & it was played on a cabbage patch.

Great run by Temps before being felled by a trademark Maybury 'tackle'.

Dr Ian Malcolm

Tbh it looks more of a pen there than it did at the game. It's not as if it's unexpected - he knows the ball is going to be coming in his direction, and he was a good ten yeard away - not as if its been blasted at his hand from close range. Harsh, but can see hwy it was given.

I don't really agree with this "but his hand was by his side" argument in general. What should be looked at is if the defending team is gaining a significant advanatge by the ball striking the players hand. Say a certain goal is prevented by the ball striking a defender's hand, which is down by his side, ina natural position - surely it still has to be a pen? There are cases when a player has his hands drawn in, or infront of his torso or whatever - chances are, if it doesn't hit his hand, it's going to hit another part of his body anyway. When the only thing stopping the ball travelling towards goal/a teammate is the defender's hand, it should be a foul.

Not sure about the pen, looks soft but a proper replay might have helped eh?

Elliot's run and through ball for the second goal was top class. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the You Tube post. Never mind the penalty. How did the guy that cut down Templeton not get a card? That was a horrible tackle desigened to take him out the game when he was on his way to score another goal like Easter Road.

Guess The Crowd

One of Grainger's free kicks from the right in the first half was met by someone at the near post, producing a point blank save from Kello (though I'm not sure how much he knew about it). Really surprised that wasn't shown, from behind the goals I thought it was Hearts' scariest moment of the whole game.

Johanes de Silentio

One of Grainger's free kicks from the right in the first half was met by someone at the near post, producing a point blank save from Kello (though I'm not sure how much he knew about it). Really surprised that wasn't shown, from behind the goals I thought it was Hearts' scariest moment of the whole game.

I'm sure I heard during the Sportsound commentary that St Johnstone had a decent penalty claim not long before we scored our second?

Derek McInness is right to moan about our penalty - mind you, one of his complaints is that Temps' free-kick was going wide? What's that got to do with it? Wasn't Roberto Carlos's bendy free-kick going wide? :blink:

Three points ground out, mind - with both Elliot(t)s looking sharp! :thumbsup:

The 2 best chances in the game were created by and taken by us. Funnily enough, that is precisely why we won. We were not "very lucky" to take the points.

southside1874

I'm sure I heard during the Sportsound commentary that St Johnstone had a decent penalty claim not long before we scored our second?

Derek McInness is right to moan about our penalty - mind you, one of his complaints is that Temps' free-kick was going wide? What's that got to do with it? Wasn't Roberto Carlos's bendy free-kick going wide? :blink:

Three points ground out, mind - with both Elliot(t)s looking sharp! :thumbsup:

He was probably told by the ref..if it didn't hit his hand then it was going in the net. Thats why he said it was going wide. Still a soft penalty though.

Johanes de Silentio

The 2 best chances in the game were created by and taken by us. Funnily enough, that is precisely why we won. We were not "very lucky" to take the points.

Did you see Parkin's chance?

Stupid Sexy Flanders

As someone who was at the game, we were well worth the win. Fair enough they had a few chances, but their keeper made good saves from Elliott and Stevenson before the second goal.

Don't they always say it's the mark of a good team when they win without playing well?

Guest vanbasten1874

Hearts looked a bit jaded which was to be expected after games against the unwashed but we still walked away with three points ! sign of a good team that .

jambos are go!

may be a lone voice but I thought the defender made a probably intuitive last second jerk of his arm towards the ball.

Snake Plissken

As someone who was at the game, we were well worth the win. Fair enough they had a few chances, but their keeper made good saves from Elliott and Stevenson before the second goal.

Don't they always say it's the mark of a good team when they win without playing well?

So was I and I agree completely with this post.

Hearts never looked like losing, we didn't play especially well but lit up every time Temps got on the ball. I'm happy that we can still grind out a win when we're nowhere near our best. As for the open goal bit, Kello shouted for Ruben to leave it but he didn't, he went mental at him afterwards.

Watched these last nights and my thoughts were, another great run from Temps crudely taken out by Maybury, dodgy penalty (I won't be complaining though) and a brilliant pass from Calum and cool finish from Stevo to seal the points.

Got to look at this and think of past Hearts teams who have came off the back of beating either Hibs, Celtic or Rangers (never mind 2 of them in a week) and have lost to the St Johnstone's of the league. Great to see that we've started to win games without playing particularly well.

I'll take any victory no matter how we play thank you very much :thumbsup:

Did you see Parkin's chance?

Yes - not as good a chance as the penalty kick and certainly no better than Stevenson's chance.

Jam Tarts 1874

may be a lone voice but I thought the defender made a probably intuitive last second jerk of his arm towards the ball.

I thought so too. Adams had plenty time to get his arm out the way.

I don't see any issue with the penalty. The defender's hands should have been over his hee-haws in the first place, it's the only place they should be if you're in a wall. If you have them by your side you're just asking for trouble.

If they'd been clutching his nuts he could have moved his shoulder to the ball and done his job. As it was, the ball strikes his hand, it looks to me as though he may even have moved his hand to the ball, in which case no doubt at all, but either way it's a penalty. If it was outside the box, you'd expect a freekick.

Lovely ball from Calum, as has been said, good finish from Stevenson too. Although we gifted them a couple of chances, we carried far more of a goal threat with the chances we carved out and didn't take.

Didn't look much of game tbf. I didn't make it along, by the looks of things our fans filled that end behind the goal (I'm guessing around 2,000 - 2,500 Hearts fans there? Not bad for a chilly November day with a chance the game could be off I gues).

Elliot's ball for Stevenson was great!

Can't believe some of the comments being made after watching a couple of minutes of highlights!

Some of you clowns should try and get along to a game now and again. :whistling:

We did what we've failed to do on so many occasions in the past - come off the back of two important victories in big games to win a tricky low-key match away from home.

Kudos to the management and players for generating their own motivation for the game. Great response from Elliot and Stevenson after being dropped to the bench too.

More of the same please.

Archived