Hearts 1st goal yesterday

Jambo Hud316

One thing I noticed yesterday was the togetherness the hearts players had, everything from the pre match warm up which looked like they were all enjoying themselves to the substitutions, players getting clapped off from their team mates and the ones close by as they made their way off all shook the subbed players hands etc...you can see this in the celebration too where almost every player got involved.

portobellojambo1

I watched that for no other reason than I got involved in a discussion with another member of our bus about it. He was convinced that there had been clear hand to ball movement by the person on the end of the wall, and at the time I hadn't really been focusing on the wall itself. My eyes were darting back and forward from the ball to the goal, trying to imagine the path the free kick might take to reach the net.

Conclusion, having watched your clip, it was a very, very soft penalty, which as a Hearts fan I was happy to accept at the time. I still believe the referee may have been influenced by the fact he pulled up play too quickly when originally awarding the free kick, as Hearts had a clear opportunity to score (hence he could have played advantage).

The ago old saying is these things even themselves out over the course of a season, so we can only hope we don't get the same referee again until it is in a match where the outcome will have no overall effect on us in any way, as he may want to balance things up.

The free kick came after Temps was stopped mid flight .... but the ball broke to Kyle and he buried it. Did the ref maybe think he'd blown too quickly for the free kick. I was over the left hand side of the goals so didn't see a handball at all from our angle

I watched that for no other reason than I got involved in a discussion with another member of our bus about it. He was convinced that there had been clear hand to ball movement by the person on the end of the wall, and at the time I hadn't really been focusing on the wall itself. My eyes were darting back and forward from the ball to the goal, trying to imagine the path the free kick might take to reach the net.

Conclusion, having watched your clip, it was a very, very soft penalty, which as a Hearts fan I was happy to accept at the time. I still believe the referee may have been influenced by the fact he pulled up play too quickly when originally awarding the free kick, as Hearts had a clear opportunity to score (hence he could have played advantage).

The ago old saying is these things even themselves out over the course of a season, so we can only hope we don't get the same referee again until it is in a match where the outcome will have no overall effect on us in any way, as he may want to balance things up.

Having seen it again, I will admit I was wrong. No movement was made towards the ball, and it was indeed, a very soft penalty.

Cheers for the footage. Brilliant. I have tried to take footage at games but end up messing it up. We need more of this.

Its hard to tell what happened. But Temps clearly thinks its a penalty though. He's right there claiming for it so I'll go with him and the ref. :thumbsup:

My opinion (based on what I can see in that footage) is that I'd be very angry if a penalty like it was given against us.

Looks like the ball was blasted against the guy's arm (which was by his body) and he didn't move his arm to the ball. Its the type of decision you expect the old firm to get.

Francis Albert

Can't tell from the footage. Will be interesting to see the TV highlights.

One thing is clear though - if the wall had been more than 6 or 7 yards away (you can judge by the number of quite small steps the ref takes walking from the wall) the defender would have had more chance of getting his hand out the way!

Good footage.

For all those greetin' about the decision, clearly the ref has the best view and thought it was a penalty. He doesn't have the opportunity to see it from a decent angle or see a replay and has to go on what he saw in front of him.

Therefore, well done ref. :thumbsup:

There were also a large number of good honest people behind the goal who clearly thought it was a penalty judging by the loud shout of handball, :rolleyes:

Penalty was given purely because he made a right royal cockup seconds before by not allowing play to continue. Kyle finished brilliantly and play was pulled back??? Incompetence of the highest order!

It dm if it was a pen or not. I was still jumping about in the stand all the same. I never lost any sleep over it so I don't see the problem!

Archived