4 Goons

1 Cop

1 Doc

1 Cop/Doc (duel role)

2 Masons

and the Townies

Characters

Good

Cop/Doc (Dr Cal Lightman) can choose to have the role of the cop or the doctor at night and can only use one role per night.

The Cop (Detective Wallowski) investigates one player every night. I will pass the result and name to the Masons. I will only post a positive or negative comment on the thread with no name.

The Doc (Dr Gillian Foster) can nominate one player a night to save. She can not nominate the same person 2 nights running.

Masons (Ria Torres & Eli Loker) can communicate with each other off thread. They can't communicate with any other roles.

Goons

The goons nominate a kill every night and they can communicate off thread.

Corrupt Politition They will be identified as clean in an investigation by the cop. If investigated by Cal they will be identified as a goon. If killed then the night activity is performed by another goon.

3 x sub goons a random selection of cases that Dr Cal Lightman has investigated in the past including Bank Robber, Escaped Convict and Street Gang banger.

The town wins once all goons are killed off and the goons win once they have a majority.

At night I will take and deal with nominations from the Doc, Cal, Cop and goons in that order.

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re doc or cop etc you will be mod killed.

Since this game is called "Lie to Me", I thought I would try this in game twist to the vote count. Each new thread page at the top of the page anyone can post the latest voting scores. It is within the rules for the goons (or any player) to amend the voting figures. This is a risky strategy which may identify a goon to the other players or incorrectly highlight poor counting skills. The only exclusion is that it can't be used as a lynch method, so Boof can't have 300 votes.

A lynch will happen when there is enough votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to (ahem!) please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I have experienced it myself and know it is hard but it ruins the experience for other players.

To avoid accusations of anybody being a PM lurker if possible please set your profile to invisible

Finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse but will use my discretion.

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be 9pm on Monday night, with all roled players to have PM?s in by 10pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow.

Thereafter I will try and make it 24hr turnarounds.

Everybody should now have a PM.

MODS: Please sticky....

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Players list

1. arnold
  2. Beverley
  3. Geoff Kilpatrick
  4. jambopompey
  5. jambosean75
  6. MalkyMcFrench
  7. Scotland
  8. ArmiyaRomanova
  9. Barney Stinson
  10. Boof Skacel
  11. Chuck
  12. dunks
  13. Kitster
  14. Roddy Skacel
  15. Rudi Skacel
  16. seats
  17. Yvonne

Since this game is called "Lie to Me", I thought I would try this in game twist to the vote count. Each new thread page at the top of the page anyone can post the latest voting scores. It is within the rules for the goons (or any player) to amend the voting figures. This is a risky strategy which may identify a goon to the other players or incorrectly highlight poor counting skills. The only exclusion is that it can't be used as a lynch method, so Boof can't have 300 votes.

Hmmm, could be interesting :ninja:

Anyway, game on :D!

Wassssup peeps

Good setup Flux looks good

vote frenchie

For killing me last game you wee shite

not playing ****tard :P

Wassssup peeps

Good setup Flux looks good

vote frenchie

For killing me last game you wee shite

not playing ****tard :P

:vrface::facepalm:

:lol::lol:

No idea what this is about but then I don't think I need to know about it.

evening guys and dolls. interesting premise.

i've never actually seen lie to me but know of it, and probably need to get into this cos it does look good

so!

votes??

vote malky for the only reason as he seems to have ended up with my number (6) despite me having picked it in the other lists

this will be subject to change however

Bev I took my trusty number 14, no idea why I'm now 6 unless the player list has just taken the order from the sign up thread ignoring the numbers and letters on there

I'm numero uno. Oh yeah!

Having watched that ridiculous boxing and predicted that it would be a load of shite and take about 3 rounds I'm feeling like Nostradamus. :)

Malky 1

Malky 1 what? I didn't realise there was a prize.

So what was the question? laugh.gif

Only messing.

Like Bev, I've never seen the Lie thing. I actually thought it was some dodgy quiz show, so thanks for the link Flux - looking forward to the game progressing.

Right, on to business. Where's Boof with his BS?

Actually, have had a few beers and can't remember the list unsure.gif Will vote later in the weekend thumbsup.gif

Malky 1

You forgot Frenchie 1 as well - despite this not being a new page, I feel some goonliness is afoot...

Vote flux - as baaaad as the day is long.

Cop/Doc (Dr Cal Lightman) can choose to have the role of the cop or the doctor at night and can only use one role per night. Good idea

Corrupt Politition They will be identified as clean in an investigation by the cop. If investigated by Cal they will be identified as a goon. Quite like this idea as well

3 x sub goons a random selection of cases that Dr Cal Lightman has investigated in the past including Bank Robber, Escaped Convict and Street Gang banger. blink.gif

Finally, I'm sure you meant to say Boof can't have 300 any votes.

Looking good flux, thnk I'd better unvote you.

:vrface:

vote Geoff

Why? Just because..... and reset those computers Geoff, any chance of an imaginery billion being put into my account...didn't think so.

Still plenty folk to make an entrance yet and hopefully it won't just be a vote.

Hopefully, flux is prepared for Boof. :teehee:

Am I that bad? :laugh:

Anyway - who's for BS?

Me, me, me.

Not really Boof, I normally keep my games simple so there's no need for you to query anything.......

I'd use BS but of course this depends on what role the Cop/Doc takes on 1st night. I'm assuming they're not in contact with anyone else. So do both cops use BS, or do both Docs be Docs? Does that make sense?

Intriguing stuff Flux.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think BS works well here, particularly if the dual role takes the cop persona on Night 1. That's 2 investigations and 2 potential cops identified to the masons.

Hello. I have no clue what "Would I lie to you?" actually is and when I saw the sign up thread thought the twist was gonna be something about telling lies.

However, given that everyone lies their faces off in these games anyway that would have been slightly redundant.

Not sure what I am talking about now, it's early and I may have consumed alcohol last night so I shall retire to the sofa and see what transpires throughout the day.

Geoff I'd ask flux to clarify but from reading the op only the cops results go to the masons I don't think the cop/docs do

Is that right flux?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff I'd ask flux to clarify but from reading the op only the cops results go to the masons I don't think the cop/docs do

Is that right flux?

Shows you how much attention I pay to the OP! I think you're right! :stuart:

I'm just a townie this game.

Since they've taken turns to kill me off on night one for the last half dozen games, i'm leaning to vote for either malky or jack regan arnold.

now which off the bawbags fellow participants to vote for

Well Im back from a mafia break and looking forward to this. I aint seen this before either but I like the concept.

I would use BS and goon lists.

Going to vote Geoff

cos hes sounding like playing thick when hes really quite smart.

Goon list

Geoff

Beverley

Dunks

Pompey

Morning.

If cal (cop/doc) chooses to be the cop they will pass investigations onto the masons

If cal (cop/doc) chooses to be the doc they will have the same powers as the doc

If this works look out for future games in this genre, Murder she wrote and the Father Dowling Mysteries.

Am I that bad? :laugh:

Anyway - who's for BS?

Me, me, me.

Hangover from hell here.

Boof - you'll need to remind me what BS is again? Vote down one and take notes, that it? unsure.gif

Morning.

If cal (cop/doc) chooses to be the cop they will pass investigations onto the masons

If cal (cop/doc) chooses to be the doc they will have the same powers as the doc

If this works look out for future games in this genre, Murder she wrote and the Father Dowling Mysteries.

so you are saying that cal decides tobecome a cop or a doc and cant swap between them?

so you are saying that cal decides tobecome a cop or a doc and cant swap between them?

In the night PM, Cal can say I will investigate Chuck or I will protect Chuck.

The following night they can choose either role again

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well Im back from a mafia break and looking forward to this. I aint seen this before either but I like the concept.

I would use BS and goon lists.

Going to vote Geoff

cos hes sounding like playing thick when hes really quite smart.

Goon list

Geoff

Beverley

Dunks

Pompey

:laugh:

I'll take that as a compliment Yvonne but I am vanilla in this game. Happy to be bumped off for that reason.

I'd use BS but of course this depends on what role the Cop/Doc takes on 1st night. I'm assuming they're not in contact with anyone else. So do both cops use BS, or do both Docs be Docs? Does that make sense?

I think BS works well here, particularly if the dual role takes the cop persona on Night 1. That's 2 investigations and 2 potential cops identified to the masons.

Although I'm not Sellik manager...could we seek clarification on this flux?

IMO, the goons have one hit tonight...the chances of the Doc saving anybody are remote. However, FFS!!! I've just got about 7 different scenarios going through my head and I can't get them typed fast enough before I forget what I wanted to say.

Scenario 1

cop - BS

doc - save him/herself

cop/doc - BS

Scenario 2

cop - BS

doc - save self

cop/doc - save self

Scenarios 3 & 4

as above but cop NOT BS

Scenarios 5-8

as above but doc save whomever they think is good-roled

Scenarios 9-16

as above but cop/doc alternate between NOT BS and save good-roled person

I'd need to spreadsheetify it to see if I've covered all possibilities - for those into Boolean algebra a simple truth table should suffice.

whew :laugh:

Cheers flux - didn't realise I'd taken that long to post it :laugh:

BS is nothing to do with voting.

All it is, and it only affects one (or maybe two in this game) person's decision is that the cop, on night 1 only, investigates the person below them on the player list. After that the masons can look back and see if the person above the person who got investigated had agreed to use BS. If so then there's a chance, only a chance, mind you, but a pretty good one, that they've found the cop and can subsequently avoid voting for him/her. Or, try to help save them if they appear to be up for lynching.

After that the cop is free to investigate whomever they like.

Cheers flux - didn't realise I'd taken that long to post it :laugh:

BS is nothing to do with voting.

All it is, and it only affects one (or maybe two in this game) person's decision is that the cop, on night 1 only, investigates the person below them on the player list. After that the masons can look back and see if the person above the person who got investigated had agreed to use BS. If so then there's a chance, only a chance, mind you, but a pretty good one, that they've found the cop and can subsequently avoid voting for him/her. Or, try to help save them if they appear to be up for lynching.

After that the cop is free to investigate whomever they like.

Boof - I think I finally understand BS! Thanks thumbsup.gif

Although surely the goons will be looking to see who voted for the person under them and suspect them as the Cop, no? unsure.gif

ArmiyaRomanova

Good morning all....

First game in a while for me.

Can anyone (aside from Boof presumably) understand this....?

Scenario 1

cop - BS

doc - save him/herself

cop/doc - BS

Scenario 2

cop - BS

doc - save self

cop/doc - save self

Scenarios 3 & 4

as above but cop NOT BS

Scenarios 5-8

as above but doc save whomever they think is good-roled

Scenarios 9-16

as above but cop/doc alternate between NOT BS and save good-roled person

I'd need to spreadsheetify it to see if I've covered all possibilities - for those into Boolean algebra a simple truth table should suffice.

whew :laugh:

Maybe it's just Sunday morning.....

ArmiyaRomanova

and whilst I'm on...

VOTE BOOF

just to get his attention - he's not played his WGT tie with portobellojambo1 yet - deadline this evening!!

Boof - I think I finally understand BS! Thanks thumbsup.gif

Although surely the goons will be looking to see who voted for the person under them and suspect them as the Cop, no? unsure.gif

No probs.

If the cop finds a goon, that narrows the choices of who the cop might be (for goon-whacking purposes) but then if they try to whack the cop they could miss or, if they get him/her...they effectively sign a suicide note for one of their members.

If the cop doesn't find a goon, that makes it a lot harder for the goons to find him.

Given flux's explanation, if I was the cop/doc, I'd go for being the cop tonight and hope the goons missed me.

Can anyone (aside from Boof presumably) understand this....?

If I could post a spreadsheet on here it would become obvious...ish :D

Good luck Townies just found out Lie to Me is off until new year :(

Now remember everybody I'm not playing so don't vote me

Geoff Kilpatrick

Did Tim Roth have the most successful post Reservoir Dogs career out of the whole cast of that movie? I would argue that he did.

Did Tim Roth have the most successful post Reservoir Dogs career out of the whole cast of that movie? I would argue that he did.

Ahem - Quentin Tarantino!

Archived