Kevin Kyle

Goodfella

I seem to remember listening to the same rave reviews about Jankauskas. Everybody's entitled to their opinion but I want my centre forward to be able to link play, show a bit of guile and at least be mobile.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you suggesting that Jankauskas' rave reviews were undeserved? :unsure:

I'm still not totally convinced by Kyle. I do admire his attitude though. Personally think even MDV was better, whilst the likes of Bednar and Jankauskas were streets ahead.

Best number 9 since Clarke :laugh:

Elliot = Robbo :laugh:

Kyle is doing the business for us. He is not the complete forward - those cost ?10m upwards. He is however doing a fantastic job at his clearly defined role. He is not there to chase lost causes - we have younger guys around him to do that. He is there to win headers and cause havoc in the box. This he is doing very well. When the players around him are not getting close enough to pick up his flicks then he looks a lot less effective, but it would appear that Elliott and Temps understand this.

There was a point in the Celtic game where it looked like Kyle and Temps were taking it in turns to be marked by Izaguire. I actually felt sorry for the guy. Kyle duffs him up then temps takes the piss. Beat up, skinned. Beat up, skinned. Tough day at the office.

What JJ has done is assemble players who can play a narrowly defined role very well and is making them stick to it. We are better than the sum of our parts for the first time in about five years (for most of that time we seemed wierdly worse than the sum of our parts). I think if Kyle had a runner from central midfield, as well as the wing options and strike partner, he would look one notch better again.

Fixed.

Jankauskas was a hundred times the player that Kyle is.

Just a pity he never showed a hundred times the commitment.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chad Sexington

There was a point in the Celtic game where it looked like Kyle and Temps were taking it in turns to be marked by Izaguire. I actually felt sorry for the guy. Kyle duffs him up then temps takes the piss. Beat up, skinned. Beat up, skinned. Tough day at the office.

Great stuff.

:lol:

I said it before the season started, and when we were being linked with him ...

Kevin Kyle is exactly the type of player Hearts need.

I'm still not totally convinced by Kyle. I do admire his attitude though. Personally think even MDV was better, whilst the likes of Bednar and Jankauskas were streets ahead.

Best number 9 since Clarke :laugh:

Elliot = Robbo :laugh:

I think Kyle has obvious limitations, but I guess we were aware of them before he signed. But the fact that we actually have someone leading the line for the first time in goodness knows how long is making a huge difference. For a big man he looks to have a fair bit of skill, and he seems to be a pretty good penalty taker too. So far, the attitude is great as well, and he can only be a positive influence on the younger players if he continues this way. Compare and contrast with Large-Fries-On-The-Side Man.

Well done big man , our best number 9 since Sandy Clark

Good old-fashioned up and at em centre forward

Wee Robbo would have / still could score loads of goals alongside him

I can only assume Fuller, Bednar and Jankauskas didn't wear number 9 then.

Fixed.

Jankauskas was a hundred times the player that Kyle is.

He was a big lazy c?!t though, and doesn't show half as much commitment as Kyle does!

winston churchill

kevin kyle will bag more goals for the club than any of the players you quote.

winston churchill

winston churchill

winston churchill

kevin kyle will bag more goals for the club than any of the players you quote

One of the things I like about Kyle is the way he respects opponents.

At Inverness, a Caley Thistle player was slightly injured trying to prevent one of Hearts goals (which Kyle had helped create) - instead of joining in the celebration, he first of all helped his opponent to his feet.

Yesterday, he asked the referee (unsuccessfully) not to book Duberry near the end.

On the other hand, when he comes across a t****r like Zander Diamond, who doesn't play the game the same way, he calls it as he sees it!

He's also good at having a quiet / polite, word in the referee's ear, a case in point being when advantage was not played prior to Templeton's free-kick - who knows, as someone else pointed out, this may just have influenced the ref into giving us a soft penalty.

A good, old-fashioned pro. With guys like him in the team, it may not be a coincidence we're getting the rub of the green from refs for the first time in living memory. :lol:

He always seems to be encouraging his teammates too. Even if its a sloppy pass he's getting their heads up. :thumbsup:

I've never really rated him before and I didn't want him to sign but seeing him play makes me glad he's with us. :thumbsup:

He always seems to be encouraging his teammates too. Even if its a sloppy pass he's getting their heads up. :thumbsup:

I've never really rated him before and I didn't want him to sign but seeing him play makes me glad he's with us. :thumbsup:

Good shout. We've needed these influential types since hartley and pressley left.

It looks like we are starting to get leaders throughout the side now. Zal runs the defence (and Lee will deputise when he is fit). Kyle leads the line well and Rudi adds a bit of experience to midfield. If we could just get someone in the style of Mickey Cameron or Hartley circa 2005 to control midfield...

Archived