Goodfella

The big man telling of his great week/fortnight on Hearts world:

"Friday night got down on one knee and proposed to my partner Lynn

"Sunday went and beat hibs

"Wednesday beat Celtic

"Called up by Scotland

"Scored today and beat St Johnstone"

Quality week or two from the big man :thumbsup::whistling:

Great week or so for him but I feel he's still got a lot to offer for us, yet he's still scored 6 goals!!!!!!! Show how good he could become!!!

The White Cockade

the big man has made a massive difference to the team this season

starting to forget the 2 seasons we played with no forward line

winston churchill

at last a proper hearts centre forward.

who is not a coward and will put his head in when the boots and elbows are flying and takes all the dunts for the team.

Jambof3tornado

How easily is he cut though? Bleed more for Hearts than anyone in recent years. Getting goals is just part of the job,I think he is immense at defending set pieces!

He's a Blaggard that one!

Worked like a Trojan again today - not pretty but how often to the uglies "grind-out" results?

He was woeful today though. Still, he's done well in the past couple of matches and he does bring a presence we've not had in years.

I seem to remember listening to the same rave reviews about Jankauskas. Everybody's entitled to their opinion but I want my centre forward to be able to link play, show a bit of guile and at least be mobile.

How easily is he cut though? Bleed more for Hearts than anyone in recent years. Getting goals is just part of the job,I think he is immense at defending set pieces!

YUP he did unbelievably well with a diving header clearance in the first half - made it his - brill!

Howdy Doody Jambo

Well done big man , our best number 9 since Sandy Clark

Good old-fashioned up and at em centre forward

Wee Robbo would have / still could score loads of goals alongside him

I seem to remember listening to the same rave reviews about Jankauskas. Everybody's entitled to their opinion but I want my centre forward to be able to link play, show a bit of guile and at least be mobile.

If the big man had Janny's skill, he wouldn't be playing in the SPL let alone Hearts!

He's easily cut because he's the first forward since Sandy Clark who's so commited to winning everything. You're spot on though as he's brilliant for set pieces.

He was woeful today though. Still, he's done well in the past couple of matches and he does bring a presence we've not had in years.

I think you're being unfair, he may not be quick, but he fights for everything, chases lost causes and again today suffered from most of the rest of the team just launching it at him - he can't do much with 3/4's of the "service" he gets but tries like a bear with it anyway - I also saw more evidence today of an understanding (re)developing between him and 2"T's" two or three times- I for one hope this flourishes!

Thought Kyle did ok today. The service he got was largely garbage but he chased eveything.

People get annoyed when he doesn't challenge for every ball but some times there is no point challenging a defender for a header cause all that will happen is that you'll give away a free kick, and lets face it, KK is already the most penalised played in the SPL (mostly unfairly i would add).

Oh, and his finish just after the ref awarded the free kick from which we got the penalty was superb, shame the ref didnt play advantage.....

Thought Kyle did ok today. The service he got was largely garbage but he chased eveything.

People get annoyed when he doesn't challenge for every ball but some times there is no point challenging a defender for a header cause all that will happen is that you'll give away a free kick, and lets face it, KK is already the most penalised played in the SPL (mostly unfairly i would add).

Oh, and his finish just after the ref awarded the free kick from which we got the penalty was superb, shame the ref didnt play advantage.....

I think the keeper had already heard the whistle and just waved a hand at it. If it had been Skacel there I would have wanted to play on but I was happy for him to blow. In the end it worked out for the best anyway.

Not many players stood out today but one thing you can say about Kyle is he sticks his body on the line and, when there's good service, and we didn't see much of that today, he will score goals for us.

What the team deperately needs is someone to stick their foot on the ball in the centre of the park. The number of aimless punts still infuriates me and Kyle be a goal threat when he's jumping to win headers 50 yards out with his back to goal. FFS Is it not easier to pick out a simple 5 -10 yard pass to a team mate? Well apparantly not.

We badly miss Michael Stewart, someone with a football brain who can pick a pass.

awadooningorgie2

For my money he is a highly effective player - rather have him in our team than against us. Is everything I would want from a Hearts player and as written elsewhere, if he had more skill he would not be here.

I am old enough to remember the Sandy Clarke days and players like that don't come along every day. What they do for those around them should never be underestimated. Wee Temps is flourishing now and I am sure that is due to having guys like Kyle and Rudi instead of Nadi and Kingston to bond with.

Would just like to see Robinson in there as well, great prospect imo.

Hackney Hearts

your post = nonsense.

Only 33.3 % nonsense...

Kyle = Clark, Templeton = Colquhoun - yes, potentially.

Elliot = Robbo - never in a million years!

I was just listening to JJ praise the team spirit during his interview on BBC, brilliant to hear that's the case again and I'm in no doubt the big lad has more than played his part in that.

:thumbsup:

scots civil war

yes we do need a football brain in the midfield but we also

badly need control and ball retention about the pitch

when will those players of ours realise that ball retention late in the game is of paramount importance

so many times giving it away so ******* needlessly...........

altho the pitch wasnt conducive,it was a deserved ground out win

Unfortunately, his brain wasn't so good when it came to picking a fight, as he did all too often

I think the keeper had already heard the whistle and just waved a hand at it. If it had been Skacel there I would have wanted to play on but I was happy for him to blow. In the end it worked out for the best anyway.

Not many players stood out today but one thing you can say about Kyle is he sticks his body on the line and, when there's good service, and we didn't see much of that today, he will score goals for us.

What the team deperately needs is someone to stick their foot on the ball in the centre of the park. The number of aimless punts still infuriates me and Kyle be a goal threat when he's jumping to win headers 50 yards out with his back to goal. FFS Is it not easier to pick out a simple 5 -10 yard pass to a team mate? Well apparantly not.

We badly miss Michael Stewart, someone with a football brain who can pick a pass.

Unfortunately, his brain wasn't so good when it came to picking a fight, as he did all too often

Indeed, but still a vastly superior footballer to anyone we have in midfield currently.

Jambof3tornado

He's easily cut because he's the first forward since Sandy Clark who's so commited to winning everything. You're spot on though as he's brilliant for set pieces.

The way he attacks the ball in the air just can't be taught,you are either brave enough or not! Kyle is so much more than a target man striker,why did we suffer/pay Nade for so long?

Hearts-David-Templeton-sc-005.jpg

rudi%20sep%2017%20header.jpg

0,,10289~6879506,00.jpg

0,,10289~9022666,00.jpg

0,,10289~6292500,00.jpg

:huh:

The only one who would come close would be Skacel who plays predominantly from the left and isn't the type to dictate play (as he showed today). Templeton and Suso are quite clearly wingers and I was presuming you knew we were talking about the centre of midfield...

Black? Mrowiec? :)

The only one who would come close would be Skacel who plays predominantly from the left and isn't the type to dictate play (as he showed today). Templeton and Suso are quite clearly wingers and I was presuming you knew we were talking about the centre of midfield...

Aye, because Stewart was known for "dictating play", right enough. :lol:

I would rather have Black or Mworiec, yes.

Kyle = Clark, Templeton = Colquhoun, Elliot = Robbo.

:lol: thats so ridiculous i'd expect the legend to punch your in the face, poke you in the eyes, spray you with petrol and set fire to you if he ever heard you say it

Mrowiec is several streets ahead of Michael Stewart. Ian Black is a couple of streets ahead.

Captain fantastic has not been missed one single bit since his departure.

Mrowiec is several streets ahead of Michael Stewart. Ian Black is a couple of streets ahead.

Captain fantastic has not been missed one single bit since his departure.

So if Black and Mrowiec are so brilliant how come the defenders are forced to hoof the ball up the park continuously because nobody in midfield will show for a pass? They were both invisible today. Not once did they contribute anything going forward, Kyle and Templeton had to do it all.

So if Black and Mrowiec are so brilliant how come the defenders are forced to hoof the ball up the park continuously because nobody in midfield will show for a pass? They were both invisible today. Not once did they contribute anything going forward, Kyle and Templeton had to do it all.

am I thinking of a different Stewart :huh:

Big man is quick becoming a legend in my book

That was word for word what I was going to say. Bags of spirit and courage in the guy. Love it.

I think you are putting words in my mouth Jamboy81. Where, in my post, did I say that Black and Mrowiec are brilliant? Black didn't have too good a game today, but I thought Mrowiec did his job, breaking up St. Johnstone's play, superbly.

Snake Plissken

He was gash today but still caused them problems, very much a 'in the tent pissing out' kind of player for me.

No defender likes playing against kk. Opposing fans hate him cause he causes havoc... the big man is a star for us, something we have needed for many seasons. Brave as a lion, and got that feeling he's happy playing for HMFC.

Guest GhostHunter

Just had a chuckle - apparently (in Sunday Mail) KK's fiance's brother is Jamie Adams, who gave away the penalty yesterday.

:D

Just had a chuckle - apparently (in Sunday Mail) KK's fiance's brother is Jamie Adams, who gave away the penalty yesterday.

:D

he has been staying with Kev too, was it a harsh penalty though???

kingantti1874

Indeed, but still a vastly superior footballer to anyone we have in midfield currently.

Alright Michael ! Rudi skacel is in a different league to stewart

Guess The Crowd

One of the things I like about Kyle is the way he respects opponents.

At Inverness, a Caley Thistle player was slightly injured trying to prevent one of Hearts goals (which Kyle had helped create) - instead of joining in the celebration, he first of all helped his opponent to his feet.

Yesterday, he asked the referee (unsuccessfully) not to book Duberry near the end.

On the other hand, when he comes across a t****r like Zander Diamond, who doesn't play the game the same way, he calls it as he sees it!

He's also good at having a quiet / polite, word in the referee's ear, a case in point being when advantage was not played prior to Templeton's free-kick - who knows, as someone else pointed out, this may just have influenced the ref into giving us a soft penalty.

A good, old-fashioned pro. With guys like him in the team, it may not be a coincidence we're getting the rub of the green from refs for the first time in living memory. :lol:

Chad Sexington

Jesus Christ!!!

Figoo went to a game!!! :o

How much shite can one man spew, you're fair reaching diptheria levels here.

Archived