Hearts U19s v Aberdeen U19s

Footballfirst

Footballfirst

Hearts U19s eased to a 5-2 win over Aberdeen this afternoon after an excellent first half saw them reach half time 3-0 up. Some complacency set in the second half and they were pulled back to 3-1 and 4-2 before wrapping up the points with a fifth goal from the spot.

Scorers for Hearts were Smith, Ogleby, Robinson and Prychynenko (2, 1pen)

Hearts fielded an unchanged starting XI for the 3rd week after successive 4-0 wins over Hibs and Dundee United

Lineup

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton McHattie

Morton Robinson Prychnenko Holt Smith (Patterson)

Ogleby (Hill)

Hearts went 1-0 up after 16 minutes when Smith drove in from the left and had his shot blocked, but Ogleby reacted quickly to play the ball back to Smith who scored with an angled shot across the keeper.

Hearts went two up in 36 minutes when a McCormack ball into the right channel found Ogleby who chipped the keeper from a tight angle.

The 3rd goal followed just two minutes later when another McCormack long ball found Robinson, whe neatly dribbled past a defender at the edge of the box and he passed the ball into the net.

Hearts almost had a fourth just before the break, when Ogleby again got on the end of a McCormack through ball, but his effort stuck the keeper?s right hand post.

Hearts paid for some slackness at the beginning of the 2nd half by conceding a needless penalty after 51 minutes when Hamilton needlessly upended an Aberdeen attacker near the bye line. The penalty taker sent Fairley the wrong way from the spot.

It could have been a 2nd for Aberdeen if Fairley hadn?t made a terrific save low to his right on the hour. However Hearts put the game beyond Aberdeen after 65 minutes when Holt was fouled 22 yards out and up stepped Prychynenko to fire in his 6th free kick of the season.

Aberdeen got themselves a life-line after 76 minutes with a good shot from the edge of the box to make it 4-2, but then conceded a needless penalty themselves when Patterson was fould near the bye line. Prychynenko then thumped the ball high into the net from the spot in the manner of a Drew Busby.

All in all, a good performance and result that moves Hearts two points clear at the top of the table, although both Celtic & Rangers have games in hand. Best for Hearts were McCormack who was outstanding in the first half, while Morton, Holt and Robinson did some good work in the 2nd.

Footballfirst

Great report, and happy days for the kids, some superb results recently. Where are these games played mate?

They are played at Riccarton, but the U19s now have a series of 4 away league games, with a home cup tie against Hibs in the middle which will be played at Tynecastle. The next home league game is not until after the Winter break on 29th Jan.

You can find the U19 fixtures, results, reports and table at the HYDC site http://www.hydc.co.uk/u19_fixtures_table.html

"Prychynenko then thumped the ball high into the net from the spot in the manner of a Drew Busby!!!"

Loveit!!!

Forward to Lynn

Footballfirst

"Prychynenko then thumped the ball high into the net from the spot in the manner of a Drew Busby!!!"

Loveit!!!

Forward to Lynn

DPpenvAberdeen.jpg

Footballfirst

Whacky old result against Hamilton

No-one who watched it could understand it either. Hamilton, who hadn't won a game all season at the time, probably had 10 shots at goal and scored with 7 of them. Hearts probably had the same number of shots but only hit the target twice. That said, Hamilton have a good side and have won every game since. Just one of those days as far as Hearts were concerned.

i was there until half time, enjoyed the first half. You can see the lads are enjoying the settled team and gelling as a unit.FF did'nt do justice to Ogleby's assist , it was a sublimal 'Cruyff' like flick that decieved 3 defenders to lay it up for Smith to score.Aberdeen had a few big laddies but Hearts were never intimidated and gave as good as they got which was pleasing,as was some of the 2 touch football.

Plus 3 penalties ........ He's scored 9 goals in competitive games, all from set pieces.

Am excited about seeing him in the first team squad soon! :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Interesting result today in the under 19 league with Celtic finally conceeding a goal and also dropping their first points with an away draw at Hibs (Hibs also managed to get draw against Rangers but we beat Hibs 4-0 at East Mains.) Rangers also drew this weekend to St Johnstone, meaning that Hearts had a great weekend by increasing the gap between themselves and their nearest rivals (though Celtic still have 3 games in hand and Rangers have 2 games in hand, though one of these games is against each other.

As for the match today, its a good report by FF, but think he does not do justice to a couple of goals. Ogilby's goal was a sublime goal from a very tight angle which took everyone by surprise as they expected him to do nothing with it except look to pass it out.

Robinson's goal was very well worked by him on the edge of the box to be able to get past the defence and score.

The Aberdeen second goal was some shot, from outside the box it was well struck that it managed to squeeze in just below the crossbar in the space between Connor Fairley's (Hearts goalkeeper) out streched arm and the crossbar.

Would recomend anyone with a Hearts.tv account to watch the highlights when they are put up.

As for Prychnenko's free-kick ability, 6 free-kicks scored in 9 games (9 set-pieces scored in 9) speaks for how well he can striker a ball. A place on the bench on a Sunday game (when the under 19s are not playing) would be a worthy reward.

They really can't help it can they -- even Aberdeen get in on the act

'Hearts also made a double substitution, with two big lads - Hill and Patterson, replacing Ogleby and Smith. '

Direct from their website re the under 19 game -- the 'big lads' dig again even at under 19 level !!!!

I shared a taxi with the lad McCormack and his girl last Saturday night, we sang the Hearts song- seems a sensible big lad. Good luck for the future son.

Was at the game yesterday & again impressed. I know a couple of the players & after they're good start to season went to Hamilton - was a shock but having been to hibs & now Aberdeen I know was a total oneoff with at least 4 goals as good as your ever likely to see for Hamilton!

As for yesterdays game: very good performance, kept the ball well & scored some good goals(ESP first half) Holt was best player for me, totally controlled it! Pum took his goal well but was pretty anonymous apart from it! Ogilvey took his goal superbly, ran the channels excellently too! CBS were both commanding & comfy on the ball

As for Prynchenko - freekick was superb(not quite as good as the 2nd hibs one!) but more like Pum, did well without being superb. Wouldn't disagree with putting him on the bench but knowing him well, he's loving the 19s, playing & scoring so let him develop!

Im not a Hearts fan, but been impressed with the way the 19s play

Plus 3 penalties ........ He's scored 9 goals in competitive games, all from set pieces.

Great report as always FF - thanks again. I wasn't at the match yeterday as I was in Perth but I was at the Hubz and Arabs games - both thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining. You obviously see these guys regularly so will be better qualified to judge. The mates and I were particularly impressed by Ogelby and Prychynenko. Do you think these two can / will make the step up to the first team (soon)? We had a quick chat with Jeffs after the wee, wee team game and he was raving about Denis's performance that day. What do you think?

Footballfirst

Great report as always FF - thanks again. I wasn't at the match yeterday as I was in Perth but I was at the Hubz and Arabs games - both thoroughly enjoyable and entertaining. You obviously see these guys regularly so will be better qualified to judge. The mates and I were particularly impressed by Ogelby and Prychynenko. Do you think these two can / will make the step up to the first team (soon)? We had a quick chat with Jeffs after the wee, wee team game and he was raving about Denis's performance that day. What do you think?

I know that JJ rates Prychynenko and Holt, but with a settled first team at the moment, I don't see anyone making the breakthrough as yet. I would however like to see Denys get a place on the bench as a reward for his performances to date, and maybe get a few mins at the end of a game with the result not in doubt. Perhaps he might get the chance with a free kick there. I don't know what the contract situation is with Denys, but he will be too old for the 19s next season, but I feel certain that he will be kept on in any event.

Rob Oglegy has now scored 7 competitive goals wihich is a good return, but I still think he has more to offer. He has pace in abundance and is built like the proverbial brick toilet building, however he doesn't always use his physique to his advantage. He can also improve his anticipation in order to see situations developing and to take advantage of his pace by timing his runs right, I think he signed a 2 year contract so he will be here next season.

Holt is blessed with terrific technique and has good pace, but has an extra hurdle to overcome in his lack of height and weight, on which so many Scottish managers place so much importance. Jason is still only 17 and will have another season at U19s.

The U19s are benefiting at the moment from having a settled team and their play and results echo that. With Jamie Walker to come back in the New Year they should be able continue their early season form into the 2nd half of the season if the team is kept together. However, it would be good to see a couple of them making an early step up to the first team, but what I don't want to happen is for them to sit on the bench week after week, with no football on offer either at 1st team or U19 level. That way, the individual will lose out on game play, fitness and experience of playing competitive football.

Drylaw Hearts

Ive been told we got the wee hobos at Tynie in next round.

You posted that like it was a secret you've just been told.

I know that JJ rates Prychynenko and Holt, but with a settled first team at the moment, I don't see anyone making the breakthrough as yet. I would however like to see Denys get a place on the bench as a reward for his performances to date, and maybe get a few mins at the end of a game with the result not in doubt. Perhaps he might get the chance with a free kick there. I don't know what the contract situation is with Denys, but he will be too old for the 19s next season, but I feel certain that he will be kept on in any event.

Rob Oglegy has now scored 7 competitive goals wihich is a good return, but I still think he has more to offer. He has pace in abundance and is built like the proverbial brick toilet building, however he doesn't always use his physique to his advantage. He can also improve his anticipation in order to see situations developing and to take advantage of his pace by timing his runs right, I think he signed a 2 year contract so he will be here next season.

Holt is blessed with terrific technique and has good pace, but has an extra hurdle to overcome in his lack of height and weight, on which so many Scottish managers place so much importance. Jason is still only 17 and will have another season at U19s.

The U19s are benefiting at the moment from having a settled team and their play and results echo that. With Jamie Walker to come back in the New Year they should be able continue their early season form into the 2nd half of the season if the team is kept together. However, it would be good to see a couple of them making an early step up to the first team, but what I don't want to happen is for them to sit on the bench week after week, with no football on offer either at 1st team or U19 level. That way, the individual will lose out on game play, fitness and experience of playing competitive football.

cheers FF!

Cairneyhill Jambo

Cod Head FC. Tick tock.........

Oh FFS. The SirGay of JKB.

And what exactly has this thread got to do with the financial position of Aberdeen FC?

Thanks to the OP for the cracking report.

Footballfirst

Interesting result today in the under 19 league with Celtic finally conceeding a goal and also dropping their first points with an away draw at Hibs (Hibs also managed to get draw against Rangers but we beat Hibs 4-0 at East Mains.) Rangers also drew this weekend to St Johnstone, meaning that Hearts had a great weekend by increasing the gap between themselves and their nearest rivals (though Celtic still have 3 games in hand and Rangers have 2 games in hand, though one of these games is against each other.

As for the match today, its a good report by FF, but think he does not do justice to a couple of goals. Ogilby's goal was a sublime goal from a very tight angle which took everyone by surprise as they expected him to do nothing with it except look to pass it out.

Robinson's goal was very well worked by him on the edge of the box to be able to get past the defence and score.

The Aberdeen second goal was some shot, from outside the box it was well struck that it managed to squeeze in just below the crossbar in the space between Connor Fairley's (Hearts goalkeeper) out streched arm and the crossbar.

Would recomend anyone with a Hearts.tv account to watch the highlights when they are put up.

As for Prychnenko's free-kick ability, 6 free-kicks scored in 9 games (9 set-pieces scored in 9) speaks for how well he can striker a ball. A place on the bench on a Sunday game (when the under 19s are not playing) would be a worthy reward.

I've just watched the hightlights and I think Rob Ogleby's goal may have actually been a cross rather than a shot, but it still counts and I'm not complaining. Robinson's goal was well taken with good skill to get past the defender.

I was also at Barrowfield today, where Rangers beat Celtic 4-2 which takes them a point ahead of Hearts at the top of the table. Rangers were the better organised side and were more controlled in possesion although Celtic actually created more chances. I'm pretty sure that Rangers scored with their only 4 shots on target, while Celtic scored from 2 penalties (both stonewallers).

On balance I'd say that it was a good result for Hearts to have Celtic pegged back somewhat.

Archived