Hobs new stand we think its awesome but wont say !

Guest vanbasten1874

Guest vanbasten1874

Thats what a hibbie said to me today i was speechless couldnt believe he thinks we think its AWESOME then he goes and tops it by saying they have the best PITCH ehhh i said yeah PITCH he said in Scotland by that time i was rolling about the floor only a hibbie like only a ******* hibbie . :woot:

iamcraigbeattie

Thats what a hibbie said to me today i was speechless couldnt believe he thinks we think its AWESOME then he goes and tops it by saying they have the best PITCH ehhh i said yeah PITCH he said in Scotland by that time i was rolling about the floor only a hibbie like only a ******* hibbie . :woot:

Well im not scared to say i thinks Easter Road looks rather good these days. As for the football.......FTH!!

Guest vanbasten1874

Well im not scared to say i thinks Easter Road looks rather good these days. As for the football.......FTH!!

See it a lot do you !

Guy behind me at the derby leaned forward and said "Keep this to yourself, but their stadium looks smart now!"

FWIW, I agree with him.

Guy behind me at the derby leaned forward and said "Keep this to yourself, but their stadium looks smart now!"

FWIW, I agree with him.

were you not supposed to keep it to yourself?

The new stand does a job and completes their ground quite nicely.

Don't see any great crime in admitting that.

Hate to go against the grain here but I still think it's a crap stadium and the new stand looks cheap and nasty. So there.

Fester Road will never be worth admiring....

Guest vanbasten1874

And i told him i like Easter Road aswell especially as we have more wins there than them he was not pleased away checking the stats as soon as his shift finished .

Paulie Walnut

I was impressed also it looks nice but the atmosphere is still really poor, when I took my seat in the wheatfield on wed night you could feel the noise and the difference is immense. You can even tell on the tv listen to the roar for templetons at ER which was loud then listen to it when black scored at Tynie it about breaks the speakers

Guest juvehearts

albion road is located in one of the worst part of edinburgh - lochend. in the top 5 capital hot spots for crime

you can only polish shite up so much to make it look good. at the end of the day it is still shite

they still have shite facility's & the same pishy corporate hospitality

they will be rubbing their ends with glee wit the fact that they can have a shiny new computer advertising hoardings now where the camera shows

just a shame it shows 2 other empty stands.

hibs - build a new stand out of desperation, same old fans & makes the attendances even worse than they were.

pishy wee pathetic club with a stadium that doesn't do anything for the good of their survival.

juve

MacDonald Jardine

Hate to go against the grain here but I still think it's a crap stadium and the new stand looks cheap and nasty. So there.

It looks worse than our stands. I don't understand all this talk about state of the art modernism.

Their stand is fine but the stadium lacks the atmosphere of Tynecastle.

The only awesome things I've ever seen at Easter Road have always been in maroon. :thumbsup:

Guest vanbasten1874

Having read the thread title I was already to agree with this thread but the OP spraffed some shite instead.

I learned all i know by reading your posts.

It's much better than before and look alright.

In ten years time, they'll be annoyed that the newest stand happens to be the worst of the lot.

They will never experience the atmosphere that you get with a full Tynecastle.

Yes, it looks good. Yes they have a bigger capacity.

But that is the sum total of their ambitions. They are happy to be smaller than Aberdeen. They consider the stand "finished". Says it all.

We are behind them in terms of current capacity and debt.

We are ahead of them in trophies won, games won derbies won, proper challenges to the old firm made, European games played (and won) and most importantly in ambition.

It's a soul-less, cheap identikit design that has none of the intimate, amphitheatre-like atmosphere of Tynecastle. A windy, barren dump. I'll acknowledge that they did well to rebuild it on the cheap given the paucity of paying punters to cover the cost, but it's only a memorable ground due to the many hammerings we've given them on their own patch over the years.

It looks worse than our stands. I don't understand all this talk about state of the art modernism.

Exactly. Even worse when it's the Tesco Value option too.

Looks cheap and nasty is my honest thoughts.

Sub4TiddlerMurray

Their pitch is the best, it's the newest surface and is in immaculate condition. Stadium is brilliant too, but as others have said it will never have the atmosphere of Tynie. And, when Tynie is completed, which I think it will, it will surpass Easter Road easily

(hmmn... just noticed a "warn status", can a Mod PM to tell me why please)

Guest vanbasten1874

Their pitch is the best, it's the newest surface and is in immaculate condition. Stadium is brilliant too, but as others have said it will never have the atmosphere of Tynie. And, when Tynie is completed, which I think it will, it will surpass Easter Road easily

(hmmn... just noticed a "warn status", can a Mod PM to tell me why please)

Ehhh ! when you find out ironside let me know :rolleyes:

It's never full, and by building it they have taken away the only part of Easter road that made any sort of atmosphere. But that's OK, because they have a complete stadium.

I know which stadium in Edinburgh I'd have every day of the week.

Nothing about that **** hole is good.

Compared to Tynecastles soulful atmosphere, it's pish.

Say what you think Craig. :teehee:

The Old Tolbooth

If you compare it to the Wheatfield, it's incredibly cheap and tacky looking and isn't a patch on it, however it does for them as they've always been used to cheap and nasty :thumbsup:

Say what you think Craig. :teehee:

When it comes to that useless shower of ramjets Dave I always do.

They can hide behind their purpose built, 'fully owned' shithole of a barn & their cheap, nasty looking stands but no matter how much you polish a shite, it's still shite!

:lol:

I've not been there since their new stand went up. But it looks shite on the telly, and I'm happy to believe it's shite in the flesh. Just what the world needed - another soulless, flat-pack stadium. Build it and they will come - LOL.

The day the Main Stand at Tynecastle comes down will be a sad one for Hearts and Scottish football. I'm delighted that no progress has been made on stadium redevelopment in Gorgie.

Aint impressed by the new stand, just your bogstandard cheap erection. Quite like the double decker stand though so vlad get your finger out and give us a triple decker.

southside1874

If you compare it to the Wheatfield, it's incredibly cheap and tacky looking and isn't a patch on it, however it does for them as they've always been used to cheap and nasty :thumbsup:

This

I was in it at the Scotland U21 game and its been done on the cheap.......and it shows.

...a bit disco

You can paint a jobby green but at the end of the day its just a green jobby.

Guest vanbasten1874

You can paint a jobby green but at the end of the day its just a green jobby.

This is the nugget ive been searching for i thank you :thumbsup:

It looks better than what it did look like I'll give them that. But still a dump with the burnt out flats an houses round about it.

And only 11,000 there yesterday!!! Hahahahaha

FWIW, I agree with him.

This. Pity they can't fill it though!

Can't believe this is the second time in 3 days I'm having to come on a thread and tell Hearts supporters to stop tugging their plungers over some Hibs shite.

It's fecking green. /thread

Archived