Offishul Hearts V StJohnstone thread

Jack Torrance

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tynecastle Valhalla

very encouraging that we have scored another two goals and kept a clean sheet.

long may it continue!

Not the best performance but good win nonetheless!!! Will happily take the 3 points and WERE 3RD IN THE LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot::thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

Great result today, well played lads. Sounds like weren't that great, but 3 points is all that counts. Top day, top week. Very happy man.

Relieved and delighted. Hibs beaten on their own patch, OF beaten at Fortress Tynie and a team that have proven to be tough opposition in recent times beaten away from home. Splendid week. Just brilliant. :)

Not going to speculate too much on what it is that made them so lacklustre and ploddy in the first half-60 minutes, maybe just put it down to having had a busy week....

Nice work HMFC!

Well chaps she who must be obeyed says its KFC for tea so muggins here has to go have a good night all my Jambo friends & goodbye

babertonjambo

Great win today Hearts, well done. It was never going to be easy after the euphoria of the last two games and the fact that we were playing a St Johnstone team who we have struggled to beat in recent times and on a shocking pitch.

Bring on the Accies!

Thunderstruck

Three points when not playing well, away from home and on a poor pitch is a good result. Two high-energy games in the preceding 6 days must have sapped some energy so all the more commendable. Well done Hearts.

Snake Plissken

Anyone know how many Jambos were at the game today?

The stand we got looked quite full so I guess it depends how many it holds?\

At a guess I'd say about 1500 Hearts fans.

It wasn't the best performance and there were elements of fatigue but we never looked like losing.

Temps made a great run which won the free kick that resulted in the penalty, Elliot and Stevenson did well when they came on and Kello made a great save at 1-0 and held everything that went near him. A comfortable 3 points overall, I'll have to see that penalty again as it looked very soft from where I was.

scots civil war

well done stevo

great to see ryan communicating his respect for the club when he scored

great result,shocking pitch

The stand we got looked quite full so I guess it depends how many it holds?\

At a guess I'd say about 1500 Hearts fans.

It wasn't the best performance and there were elements of fatigue but we never looked like losing.

Temps made a great run which won the free kick that resulted in the penalty, Elliot and Stevenson did well when they came on and Kello made a great save at 1-0 and held everything that went near him. A comfortable 3 points overall, I'll have to see that penalty again as it looked very soft from where I was.

3 gamesi n 7 days with the same team is a lot. A good rest now before we whip Hamilton. :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

As others have said it was a bit more low key than the performance in the last couple of games, but none the less the same end result was achieved. The penalty incident would also suggest we are maybe getting a little 'rub of the green' now, although it is possible the fact the referee had pulled play back too early when awarding the free kick was possibly still playing on his mind, and swayed his decision.

Storming performance from Mrowiec in the middle of the park, thought he was the stand out man today.

Same again next week please.

well done stevo

great to see ryan communicating his respect for the club when he scored

great result,shocking pitch

What did he do?

As others have said it was a bit more low key than the performance in the last couple of games, but none the less the same end result was achieved. The penalty incident would also suggest we are maybe getting a little 'rub of the green' now, although it is possible the fact the referee had pulled play back too early when awarding the free kick was possibly still playing on his mind, and swayed his decision.

Storming performance from Mrowiec in the middle of the park, thought he was the stand out man today.

Yeah we said that at the match, when KK rifled it in as the ref blew for a foul instead of playing advantage - the BIG man didn't go nuts, he just had a quiet word in the ref's shell-like before we took the free-kick. This maybe "influenced" the ref to give what we all thought was a VERY soft pen. Perhaps a Saints man moved hand to ball and that may come out in the wash, but maybe, just maybe, the GFA are laying off us as they have a new "bad kid" in the class?

Fekken hope so! - MON THE JAMBOS!

scots civil war

What did he do?

you know the gubbins boss

behind the goals face to face pointing to the badge/jersey/poppy and doin that heart shaped two handed thing meaning love etc

nice one ryan,top geez

Hearts weren't good today at all it has to be said. Jonsson played okay. Zal had a shocker. Boozheed had a poor game. Ruben was above average. Tempy had a good game. Mrowiec played pretty well, got stuck in, kept it simple. Rudi had was poor (it fails me why people sang his name when he was subbed) Black was below par. Kevs pen was a good finish but won about two headers all game. Two ts worked hard and tried to make things happen. Clum and stevenson played well when they came on.

Has to be said, individually we were poor today but we won quite comfortably in the end. On a disgraceful pitch we ground out the win, the players looked together, and gritted and worked and battled and took the two clear cut chances we had to get the three points. As a team it was a good performance, especially as we could have been complacent after the two massive results we had earlier in the week.

So it was not as classy as Wednesday but for work and determination to the cause, and obviously the result, a good day at the races. Thankyou for a great week heart of midlothian football club.

Hmmm not sure about that. The midfield was pretty anonymous today with zero guile or creativity coming from anyone apart from Templeton. The reason the game was such a turgid affair was because no midfielders are prepared to take responsibility and put their foot on the ball. If only they hadn't cocked up the Hartley deal, looks to me that could potentially have turned a good season into a great season for us.

We got a bit of luck today with the break for the penalty, otherwise I couldn't really see us scoring and everyone would have been on here complaining about the performance.

Yesterday was never going to be pretty. A huge ask of those players to lift it for a third time in a week. Well done to the lads. Let's get on a run at tynecastle now.

Victor Meldrew

Hearts weren't good today at all it has to be said. Jonsson played okay. Zal had a shocker. Boozheed had a poor game. Ruben was above average. Tempy had a good game. Mrowiec played pretty well, got stuck in, kept it simple. Rudi had was poor (it fails me why people sang his name when he was subbed) Black was below par. Kevs pen was a good finish but won about two headers all game. Two ts worked hard and tried to make things happen. Clum and stevenson played well when they came on.

Has to be said, individually we were poor today but we won quite comfortably in the end. On a disgraceful pitch we ground out the win, the players looked together, and gritted and worked and battled and took the two clear cut chances we had to get the three points. As a team it was a good performance, especially as we could have been complacent after the two massive results we had earlier in the week.

So it was not as classy as Wednesday but for work and determination to the cause, and obviously the result, a good day at the races. Thankyou for a great week heart of midlothian football club.

I do think that the sign of a good team is one that can win when not playing particularly well. The Old Firm have been doing it for years and if we want to achieve anything, we have to learn how to do it.

On their day, most teams can play nice football and win. The real difference is being able to dig in and get a result.

I have to say I'm starting to feel pretty good about this current Hearts team.

5 wins in the last 6 games must make us the form team in the SPL, and given that we've scored plenty and had 5 clean sheets it's pretty satisfying too.

I'll bet Paul Hartley wishes he'd agreed to sign that bit of paper now.........

Archived