Naming the 4 stands - A hypothesis

Hearts Heritage

Hearts Heritage

Was thinking about the rather churlish reply I gave on the John Robertson thread.

If We had to name the 4 stands after players. Simple rules each player represents a different era of the club so

Bobby Walker

Along with TW the greatest player to play in the Maroon and Blue

Tommy Walker

Most successful manager and see above

John Cumming

Hard to pick one player from that era . But JC is Hearts most Successful player. Dave MacKay rates him as his best partner.

John Robertson

For anyone 55 and under the best player we saw in maroon over an extended period . 2nd top goal scorer ever

3rd top vs Hibs behind Bobby and Tommy. 1st in competitive games. And that moment when he held the Cup aloft.

Hearts Heritage

I think if the new stand comes to pass we may well find that it is named after anyone who stumps up some of the cash for it.

The 50 million we wrote the debt off nice ring to it.

I quite like the idea of a Ford-Mercer stand in commemoration of the rescue of the club from going out of business in 1981. Old stand maybe.

I think Tommy Walker would represent the 40-60s. Same surname as Bobby - I don't think you can have two stands named Walker. Gorgie Road end.

John Robertson would certainly be a good pick for the Roseburn - I like the thought of him tormenting the Hobos even now.

Davie Baird stand maybe for the Wheatfield? Was also a director of the club

Was thinking about the rather churlish reply I gave on the John Robertson thread.

If We had to name the 4 stands after players. Simple rules each player represents a different era of the club so

Bobby Walker

Along with TW the greatest player to play in the Maroon and Blue

Tommy Walker

Most successful manager and see above

John Cumming

Hard to pick one player from that era . But JC is Hearts most Successful player. Dave MacKay rates him as his best partner.

John Robertson

For anyone 55 and under the best player we saw in maroon over an extended period . 2nd top goal scorer ever

3rd top vs Hibs behind Bobby and Tommy. 1st in competitive games. And that moment when he held the Cup aloft.

Inspector Rex

In before some comedian suggests Beniusis or some other shower of shite from the last 5 years.

Could one of them be the 22 in a row stand? Possibly with 22 seats in a row painted gold right in the middle of the stand. Preferably Gorgie(opposite the Hibs) end?

Could one of them be the 22 in a row stand? Possibly with 22 seats in a row painted gold right in the middle of the stand. Preferably Gorgie(opposite the Hibs) end?

that wouldn't work at tynie as good as it would in fester road as we usually sit people in the seats :whistling:

Archived