Toto today

tartofmidlothian

tartofmidlothian

Some more good news, when we're done laughing at the Sheep. From the Morton board:

"toto looks a bit more of a player this half, can't jump thoigh"

"Toto has played well, some nice flicks and touches too apparently."

"My daughter just sent me a text saying Toto has been brilliant!"

"clearly just needed time to settle, was thrown into his debut far too early! "

jamboinglasgow

good to hear. I do think the Greenock Morton fans were too harsh on him after his first game. He may end up being not SPL standard but you cant write off a player based on their debut performance. Will be interesting to see what he is like with a run of games.

• 2 weeks later...
tartofmidlothian

Bit of thread resurrection here, just in case anyone's wondering how our favourite adopted son is doing at Morton. Some mostly uninspiring comments on their board about his appearance v. Partick at the weekend:

"the 2 strikers were pretty poor, although toto did impress with his zidane turn but apart from that the 2 did nothing."

"The Toto chants were cringeworthy because he done a Zidane-esque turn when no one was even near him. He was p*** again."

"Moment of the match was the step over from Toto - worth the ?17 alone!!"

to which someone replies:

"You see young boys doing that on public parks every weekend (when their team is 4-0 up), I honestly cannot believe what some Morton fans are now willing to accept."

"Toto has some nice touches, and the double axle with added twirls was entertaining, but he makes the film "White Men Can't Jump" seem like a very ironic piece of nomenclature."

"Toto's stepovers and wee spin were phenomenal, made even better by the fact that my mate missed it! Actually, they probably weren't that phenomenal, just made to look so in such a drab game of football."

"Toto showed only in flashes that he could be a useful addition to the strikeforce. He does not look as though he will score any time soon simply because his positioning when we get the ball in wide areas is about 20 yards behind where he ought to be."

"And TOTO he's just daft worse than a man down, Glad Kean is back."

"the two strikers were poor although they got very little to work with!"

"a complete waste of space"

"Toto has been abysmal"

and last but certainly not least:

"The phrase Toto couldn't score in a brothel doesn't even come close to how bad this guy is. He couldn't even find a brothel if he was walking about Amsterdam at 2am with a wad of Euros tied round his knob!!"

So... reckon we'll sign him?

Don't much like the sound of the showboating stuff, especially if he really does struggle with the basics. Still, he's just a youngster and if they've been giving him a tough time he's probably trying a bit too hard to show them what he can do.

Still, if he's all that bad then why the heck are their fans chanting his name?

The Treasurer

good to hear. I do think the Greenock Morton fans were too harsh on him after his first game. He may end up being not SPL standard but you cant write off a player based on their debut performance. Will be interesting to see what he is like with a run of games.

The irony of that statement being used on JKB whistling.gif

Not saying your guilty of that JiG

Some more good news, when we're done laughing at the Sheep. From the Morton board:

"toto looks a bit more of a player this half, can't jump thoigh"

"Toto has played well, some nice flicks and touches too apparently."

"My daughter just sent me a text saying Toto has been brilliant!"

"clearly just needed time to settle, was thrown into his debut far too early! "

Can't believe people on here are still going on about this Toto joker. :down:

As someone unfortunate enough to be at Firhill for thrills on Saturday ill give my feedback. I was quite excited to see him on the teamsheet handed around the hospitality and watched him quite closely.

In what was a very poor game he never showed anything. Morton used him as a target man for goal kicks etc and despite not being the tallest player, he's was one of Morton tallest players on the park. He never really won any headers, never really took it down, flicked it... not much of anything from the target man.

Perhaps he had the best chance of the game. He was near post about the edge of the six yard line and the low cross came in and he hit it first time. It went back towards the winger and out for a goal kick, weak. He never really showed any skills or pace either. He never beat anyone, held it up or flicked it past anyone. In fact he pretty much done nothing for the 60 odd mins he was on. He never looked hungry or ran about closing down either.

His 'step over' was a ball picked up near the corner flag and he came back up the park to about the 18 yard box done a step over and twurly-gig to no real effect and it was not really needed either as he never beat anyone he was just getting hounded and could have just dribbled the ball it would seem. Anyway no magic or spark there which sums up the game in general.

Anyway intial excitement died and the game was awful so probably not the best game to judge a player. Id have loved to have said he looked good but he just never. From what I seen no chance he can be a Hearts player. He barely had an impact in a game played at the bottom of Div 1. And he looked worrying at home with that level of footballer... and that level was freakin awful :/

No deal!

Doesn't everyone remember that wee lith winger who looked promising but was really rubbish instead. Toto could be different and turn out to be world class :whistling::whistling:

jamboinglasgow

Doesn't everyone remember that wee lith winger who looked promising but was really rubbish instead. Toto could be different and turn out to be world class :whistling::whistling:

Treasurer, your right, here is a Hearts fan writing off a youngster based on a few performances.

champions league jambos

My son lives in Glasgow and we went to see the Partick game.

To be honest Toto hardly saw the ball in a crap game in which Partick were dominant in the first half. He showed some class in his ball work and was given a decent round of applause when substituted in the second half. The match programme states "he is spending rest of 2010 on an amateur contract before an anticpated move to Hearts in the new year." Maybe someone for the future.

Don't much like the sound of the showboating stuff, especially if he really does struggle with the basics. Still, he's just a youngster and if they've been giving him a tough time he's probably trying a bit too hard to show them what he can do.

Still, if he's all that bad then why the heck are their fans chanting his name?

Because like JKB, there`s always a minority who are never happy and certain players can`t do enough!! :whistling::P

• 2 weeks later...

Had meant to check this earlier, but I noticed that Toto was not included when Morton played Dumbarton in the cup last weekend. It seemed to come as a surprise to the Morton fans, as he'd been starting games and he didn't even feature on the bench; he wasn't injured. Does this mean we asked for him not to be cup tied with a view to bringing him back in January? Can an amateur player be cup tied?

Archived