Hobosman Interview: John Robertson

Tasavallan

I thought it was pretty good stuff and a great insight into the rivalry between the players. Well done the wee man.

I hate Aiden Smith. A Hibs rat that has published a book having a go at Hearts and Hearts fans, that we even sell in our own club shop. :(

Hearts Heritage

"Sorry," he says, "but it was pretty easy. I realised right away that calmness was the key to them, the key to scoring derby goals. Because they were so much quicker than other games and there was so much hand-to-hand combat - real mano-a-mano stuff - mistakes would be made.

So I'd just try to concentrate on keeping my composure. Another trick which might have worked for me was flattery.

I'd tell the Hibs boys: ?You lot are doing great today, you really should be winning.'

Two minutes later - bang. Running back, I'd just give them a wee wink."

Ignoring the journalist it was quite a good interview (all down to Robbo obviously) but one thing really stood out for me...

Which player (with bonuses and a flat) is costing us ?19k a week?

"On Sunday, Kilmarnock beat Hearts with their top guys earning around ?1,500 a week "

Actually Billy Brown mentioned during his 'show' that Eremenko is being paid ?20k a week from his club Metalist Kharkiv :o

About his goals against hibs:

I remember all of them," he smiles, "and every single one was a deliberate stab through the heart of Hibernian Football Club

When we talk about derby domination, THIS is the man in my lifetime who is more responsible than almost anyone else. John Robertson Lounge? We should be naming a stand after the man.

penicuik jambo

Indeed it is.

Jim doesn't approve either.

neither do i! 19k a week for him, that makes my heart sink. JJ could bring in 4 players on that wage who would bring more to the team.

Valentine Jambo

neither do i! 19k a week for him, that makes my heart sink. JJ could bring in 4 players on that wage who would bring more to the team.

And be able to sell on too. He knows no one's going to buy Ruben anyway.

Mr Brightside

I don't think it can be Ruben. If it was why wasn't he released at same time as Aguiar, Karipidis and Neilson rather than taking up the 2 year option we had?

I would guess Obua as he was a Casba favourite, but I don't know.

Say What Again
27 derby goals are surely going to have their own oak-panelled wing of his memory-banks.

"I remember all of them," he smiles, "and every single one was a deliberate stab through the heart of Hibernian Football Club. Nothing against the fans but you lot have to understand that when Hibs didn't sign me, I wanted revenge. Some folk laugh at that and say: ?What, all 27?' I suppose maybe 25 were punishment; the other two I banged in just for the hell of it."

THis bit is an excellent read,,,,

"I remember all of them," he smiles, "and every single one was a deliberate stab through the heart of Hibernian Football Club. Nothing against the fans but you lot have to understand that when Hibs didn't sign me, I wanted revenge. Some folk laugh at that and say: ?What, all 27?' I suppose maybe 25 were punishment; the other two I banged in just for the hell of it." thumbsup.gif

So, who's the player costing us ?19K per week ?

Ruben.

From what i have heard it is Ruben

34smped.gif

If ruben is the 19k a week man and he scores the winner on Sunday then fine this week! But any other week thats complete madness

For younger supporters, it must be hard to understand how great it was having Robbo at the Club.

He was a goal threat every minute he was on the park. I had a Hibby mate who was convinced that Robbo payed Hibs players to let him score! :lol: In his eyes it was the only explanation for all the goals.

He was/is the King.

From what i have heard it is Ruben

Indeed it is.

Jim doesn't approve either.

If this is true, he needs to be emptied from the club.

With a full pay off from his contract? What purpose does that serve? If it is him, and I find that hard to believe, he wont be going anywhere until he gets his money. I'd do the same.

With a full pay off from his contract? What purpose does that serve? If it is him, and I find that hard to believe, he wont be going anywhere until he gets his money. I'd do the same.

Isn't he one of those players (alongside Bouzid) that is out of contract in the summer? That was my thinking.

south morocco

[/quote ]Aye and hopefully as soon as poss ,19000 a week for that! Incredible

Isn't he one of those players (alongside Bouzid) that is out of contract in the summer? That was my thinking.

I don't know but I think that woul dbe the sensible approach. I thought you meant ditch them now.

I still find it hard to believe we would pay that to Reuben, and I'm one of those few peeps who think he isn't all that bad in midfield. :ninja:

I don't know but I think that woul dbe the sensible approach. I thought you meant ditch them now.

I still find it hard to believe we would pay that to Reuben, and I'm one of those few peeps who think he isn't all that bad in midfield. :ninja:

It may or may not be the case but I seem to recall a thread talking about Bouzid and Palazuelos being out of contract in the summer.

think it might be barr

When Barr signed someone posted that he is on ?4000 a week.

hibs offered him less than half of that.

Class stuff from Robbo. I wonder how much he was paid in his prime?

Regardless of who's on 19k a week currently, they're not fit to lace his boots in comparison.

scots civil war

allways great to read what the king says

but that **** smith,how can he be a journalist on a so called newspaper? using the word hate?

i suppose its more reason to swerve their publications

fth

King Robbo was, is amd always will be a Legend and I agree with another poster - one of the stands should be in his honour!

His derby feats are legendary but let's not forget all the rest, some of which were crackers.

Strikers aren't made like him anymore unfortunately.

Hearts Heritage

King Robbo was, is amd always will be a Legend and I agree with another poster - one of the stands should be in his honour!

His derby feats are legendary but let's not forget all the rest, some of which were crackers.

Strikers aren't made like him anymore unfortunately.

More deserving than Bobby or Tommy Walker , John Cumming say?

John is the most deserving of the word "Legend" I have seen in 45 years of watching Hearts. However the club existed for over 100 years before John played and the two Walkers are by far and above the two greatest ever to play in maroon.

Bobby was loved throughout Scotland but especially so in Dalry & Gorgie. He was a star when there were no stars.

It is disgraceful that He is not in the Scottish hall of fame. And a disgrace that when Hearts fans voted in the poll to see who should be on the banners He was not placed in the Top 30.

Archived