Hearts 1 Celtic 0 - 17th September 1996 (Coca Cola Cup)

Silvery_Moon

Johanes de Silentio

In the 'videozone' I have posted highlights of the above match.

One of my favourite games ever - the crowd (us) were magnificent that night - ******* electric! :thumbsup:

Miller Jambo 60

One of my favourite games ever - the crowd (us) were magnificent that night - ******* electric! :thumbsup:

Hearts fans are electric :thumbsup:

Miller Jambo 60

Andy Thorn = Hearts legend.

Gordon Marshall = Plumber in a goalie top. Celtics answer to Nicky Walker :huh:

Ma Ha luv it bud :thumbsup:

Brilliant! It was absolutely bouncing that night.

Pity it's that utter **** Chick Young reporting on it. "The relief of Tynecastle was complete" - what the f@ck does that mean? He really is a dreadful, dreadful journalist.

The Treasurer

This was the first game I'd missed in almost 25 years.

I was actually on my way to the match when I got a call to say my mother who was in hospital had taken a turn for the worse.

Unfortunately she never made it through that night but held on long enough to hear the news that Robbo had scored the winner.

Talk of this game always brings mixed emotions for me.

Remember missing BB,s so I could watch the game. But we didn't have sky sports, so I had to watch the game on this channel that showed loads of channels on the one screen. Sitting right up at the screen I could see a shot been taken and thinking 'was that......no?!' and then watching robbo celebrating confirming that it was indeed.

Definitely in my top 5 Hearts matches. The atmosphere that night was bouncing and the game had everything.

I also remember on the way to the ground, there was this feeling of quiet confidence - despite what had happened at Ibrox 3 days earlier.

Archived