All time Hearts Edinburgh Derby XI

Goodfella

Thought I'd post this, could be fun, after watching a video of Wayne Fosters goal against our hygenically challenged neighbours. Basically name your all time Edinburgh Derby starting 11 who have played for Hearts in the big game over the years (name subs aswell if you want). I've only been following Hearts since 98 so mine isn't as varied as some of yours will be!

Gordon

Neilson Pressley Berra Fyssas

Mikoliunas Hartley Fulton Skacel

Robertson De Vries

Probably quite an attacking line-up there, and Robbo was a few years before my time but youtube has proven to be a godsend to watch the wee man in his prime:)

Given your youthful years, that's actually not a bad wee team there. Miko is obviously a must for some great moments against the vermin.

Why is Robbie Neilson not playing right wing though? :D

Thought I'd post this, could be fun, after watching a video of Wayne Fosters goal against our hygenically challenged neighbours. Basically name your all time Edinburgh Derby starting 11 who have played for Hearts in the big game over the years (name subs aswell if you want). I've only been following Hearts since 98 so mine isn't as varied as some of yours will be!

Gordon

Robertson De Vries

Probably quite an attacking line-up there, and Robbo was a few years before my time but youtube has proven to be a godsend to watch the wee man in his prime:)

Get a grip. Jhudas Prhessley should never be near any Heart of Midlothian FC team - real or imagined. Incidentally, that team's pish compared to some of the players I've seen.

Hackney Hearts

I'd certainly have Stamp and Graham Weir on the subs bench, in case we're struggling near the end. Not that that's very likely, obviously.

Get a grip. Jhudas Prhessley should never be near any Heart of Midlothian FC team - real or imagined. Incidentally, that team's pish compared to some of the players I've seen.

Cheers for that fantastic input. It's about players who have performed well in the Edinburgh Derby, not players who have wronged the club on leaving.

Given your youthful years, that's actually not a bad wee team there. Miko is obviously a must for some great moments against the vermin.

Why is Robbie Neilson not playing right wing though? :D

Neilson at right wing? :whistling: Was struggling to find a right back to put in the team to be honest, was maybe going to pick Maybury over Neilson but Maybury seemed to be shunted to left back if Neilson was playing, and Robbie ended up playing more games than Maybury so just about shaded it...maybe Darren Barr can change my mind by Sunday afternoon though... :P

Get a grip. Jhudas Prhessley should never be near any Heart of Midlothian FC team - real or imagined.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

(Scored some big goals against the vermin, though...shhh, don't tell anyone I said that)

Incidentally, that team's pish compared to some of the players I've seen.

There are obviously better Hearts players than his team, but he was specific that it was only to be picked based on derbies.

Other than Neilson (and Ehlvissssssss), it's no' that bad, really - who would you pick?

Neilson at right wing? :whistling: Was struggling to find a right back to put in the team to be honest, was maybe going to pick Maybury over Neilson but Maybury seemed to be shunted to left back if Neilson was playing, and Robbie ended up playing more games than Maybury so just about shaded it...maybe Darren Barr can change my mind by Sunday afternoon though... :P

I can only assume you're questioning it because you've erased the memory of that CIS Cup game from your mind. No such luck for me. :lol:

Point 2?

f13d963a.jpg

YAS. You're welcome. :thumbsup:

who would you pick?

First thing I'd do would be bin Prhesslhey in favour of Levein. While Levein is also a Jhudas, at least he is only a managerial Jhudas and didn't rhat on us as a player.

No mention of John Colquhoun or Sandy Clark.

I could go on.......

i might plump for:

gordon

kidd pressley levein fyssas

colquhoun hartley cameron skacel

robertson de vries

snakeley might be a complete knobber and a rhat but he did contribute to some splendid derbies. included as an expediency.

wallace would run fyssas close.

First thing I'd do would be bin Prhesslhey in favour of Levein. While Levein is also a Jhudas, at least he is only a managerial Jhudas and didn't rhat on us as a player.

No mention of John Colquhoun or Sandy Clark.

I could go on.......

Excellent choices, but give the laddie a break - he's too young to mind them playing. Unlike the old timer over there... :D

?........................rousset (there can be only 1)

Locke........weir............elvish...........naysmith

Quitongo.....Cameron.......Hartley ......skacel

....................robbo........devries

Subs McCann Fulton Gordon zal janny

rudi must stay

Gordon

Naysmith

Pressley

Webster

Fyssas

Mikoliunas

Hartley

Cameron

McCann

De Vries

Weir

suprised Weir hasn't got more mentions, not a great player by any means but what a day that was..

Hearts Heritage

OK It's entitled 'All Time Top Derby XI'

So there are some absolute Shoe Ins

The 3 top Derby Goal Scorers have to be there

1 Bobby Walker

2 Tommy Walker

3 John Robertson

Barney Battles scored 11 in a month vs Hibs. I'd put him in ahead of Willie Bauld

Tam McKenzie had Hibs greatest ever player (Gordon Smith) in his pocket so Tam at full back.

Sandy Jardine never lost in 16 games so I'd put him in

None of the players of my youth would get in with the exception of Jim Cruickshank who saved Hearts a lot (in 0-0 draws) especially the triple penalty save vs Joe Davis.

Tam Purdie loved beating Hibs so him at full back

Inital 8 players

Playing 4-4-2

JC

TM SJ ?? TP

BW TW ?? ??

BB JJ

i'm only 17 so i'm not going to put the guys I havent seen in my team

Gordon

Maybury-Phressley-Berra-Fyssas

Mikoliunas-Stamp-Hartlhey-Driver

De Vreis- Kirk

Kirk, Stamp and Miko are in because of the goals they boasted against them, 2 of which were at beaster road

Sergio Garcia

Its all about what age we all are

GORDON

LOCKE PRESSLEY ZAL FYSSAS

MIKO HARTLEY STAMP McCANN

ROBBO DE VRIES

Ok its best ed derby XI and not best xi so henry smith must be in it(part of 18 in a row and 22 in a row).

So ...

Smith

Kidd

Pressley

Levien

Naysmith

Colquhoun

Hartley

Mackay

Skacel

Robbo

De vries

1williegibson

all time derby jambos would be tough as i agree with all time scorers etc and feel as though i should put them in but as for the hearts players i have seen consistently sticking it up the east lothian boys (or wherever they claim to come from)

tempted to go for jim cruickshank for sentimental reasons as he was in goal the first time i saw us give them a good humping but it has to be henry for the great run he had in the hearts team at the time whe they just couldnt even get a corner against us. henry also save a couple of penalties against them when we were mince a couple of time but still didnt lose to them

henry smith

walter kidd... again because of that great record against them and he was hard as nails. deserved more than a tennents sixes medal

craig levein.. injured so much but always played well against them and scored a lot

elvis or sandy jardine... cant decide... jardine was class.. elvis was our cup winning captain and loved scoring against them. anyone who scores against them is a hero and elvis did it a few times as well as last minute penalty at the san giro.

tosh mckinley... new year game in a 4-1 win.. that will do for me

gary mckay.... look at the guys record against them... legend. deserved a medal

paul hartley... dont have to explain that one

neil berry ... how hard ? and he scored against them.

john colquhoun... tap ins... 20 yarders ... 22 in a row.. deserved a medal.

ROBBO... apparently he scored a few time sgainst them. that will do for me.

mark de vries ... wasnt at the jambos for too long but will forever be up there when it comes to humping the diddy men.

SUBS... can choose 5 nowadays

graham weir

wayne wayne super wayne

donald ford... he deseves to be in any hearts team

drew busby ... if only he was in a decent hearts team ?

jim jefferies ... played in a losing cup final team but managed a cup final winning team. up there with anyone. billy brown also.

so many more to choose from but i dont think many of these players would let us down in a derby

Gordon

Robertson De Vries

Actually thought of this very idea to put in Friday's fancast. Can't believe someone else thought of it.

**** it, we're doing it anyway.

Smith, Kidd, Levein, Pressley, McKinlay, Mackay, Colquhoun, Hartley, McCann, Robertson, De Vries. So many more could have made it in there like Mickey who was always one to stick it up them as well. Had to go for Hartley for the obvious and GM for his record over them and he also chipped in with a fair few goals vs them.

Lets hope our 11 on Sunday show the same comittment that these guys did in the derbies.

obviously only from guys I've seen, a definitive l;ist would have different players

Smith - For a spell in the 22 game run he was one of the main reasons for it. game where he made about ten great saves including a penalty at ER stands out

Kidd ? Brilliant derby record, and knew what it was all about

Levein ? scored a few goals against them and generally his derby record was exceptional

Jardine ? never on the losing side against Hibs

McKinlay ? for his goal at Easter Road, his excellent derby record and for kicking Darren Jackson up the hole.

Colquhoun ? a no brainer. brilliant against Hibs including some of his best ever goals

Cameron ? another easy choice, exceptional record against Hibs

Hartley ? for his overall performances against them, but the cup semi is the topper obviously

Gary Mackay ? for stamping on Gareth Evans. and many other reasons

Robbo ? of course

Sandy Clark ? points off for his miss in the game in 85 but caused havoc against the Hibs and set up Robbo perfectly.

Subs ? Skacel, McCann, Gordon, De Vries, McPherson, McLaren, Berry.

Victor Meldrew

Henry Smith

Walter Kidd

Sandy Jardine

Dave MacPherson

Tosh McKinley

John Colquhoun

Paul Hartley

Brellier (just for snapping Scott Brown in two)

Robbo

De Vries

Sandy Clark

Subs:

Rudi

Super Wayne

Steve Fulton

Miko

Gordon

Locke

McPherson

Levein

Naismith

Colquhoun

Cameron

Hartley

McCann

Robertson

Clark

Subs

Niemi

Zaliukas

Fyssas

Skacel

Suso

Bednar

That team would absolutely annihilate them

Alternatively the team that horsed them 4-0 in the famous dressed as seats game at Hampden

future is maroon

If it's based on input in derbies then Ally Mauchlen and Neil Berry in everyone's subs list for the way they "took care" of Paul Wright and Gareth Evans? :whistling:

Apparently Hearts played Hibs before 3rd September 1983 .....

they sure did ! .... I went to quite a few !

I assume u mean 1893

Captain Lithuania

Wow. Telling someone else to get a grip.

pot-kettle-black.jpg

Gordon

Neilson

Webster

Pressley

Goncalves

Cesnauskis

Hartley

Aguiar

Skacel

Elliot

Jankauskas

What a day. :rolleyes:

If it's based on input in derbies then Ally Mauchlen and Neil Berry in everyone's subs list for the way they "took care" of Paul Wright and Gareth Evans? :whistling:

Neil Berry. :thumbsup:

Hearts Heritage

they sure did ! .... I went to quite a few !

I assume u mean 1893

I did mean 1983 because most peoples selections are , understandably , post 1983.

My early memories are of 0-0 draws or Hibs Horsing us. You'd have to be approaching 60 odd to remember the era from 1945 to 1965

Team made up from great moments.

Henry Smith - must have the best record as a keeper against Hibs in our history

Gary Locke - I believe he never lost against the vermin - took the ball at pace and was chopped in the box at the School End for a penalty

Tosh McKinlay - Always played well against Hubz - scored at Fester

Craig Levein - great goal at Fester Road

Dave McPherson - also got a goal at Fester

Hartley - Hampden

Cameron - nicking it off Leighton's toes - and also another goal when Leighton sclaffed a clearance to him

Neil McCann - a late winner at Tynie in the rain, and "hand to ear" celebration at Beaster Rd

John Robertson - ripped them a new one every single time.

Wayne Foster - for THAT goal

Mark De Vries - for THAT foursome

Subs

Alan Johnston - late winner when he was only about 12 years old at Tynie

Stamp - For that moment

Weir - For the 4-4 game

Quitongo - skipping through the dfence and toe poking under the keepr

O'Connor - Frankie Says Hearts 2 Hibs 1

Archived