Blackpool v West Brom

The Merse

Anyone watching.

I wasn't even certain it was a penalty there let alone a red card to go with it.

Crazy decision.

1-0 Blackpool.

Malcolm Tucker

Farcical red card decision!

I think it was a penalty, but to send him off is ridiculous.

Anyone watching.

I wasn't even certain it was a penalty there let alone a red card to go with it.

Crazy decision.

1-0 Blackpool.

It seems refs both sides of the border hare having a mare these days!

However our refs don't lie, they tell mistruths!

Definite penalty. Didn't even think it was worthy of a booking never mind a red card.

Game well and truly ruined now I think.

Definite penalty. Didn't even think it was worthy of a booking never mind a red card.

Game well and truly ruined now I think.

Yeah it probably was, thought it was soft on first viewing but maybe not.

Incredible red card, didn't even cross my mind for a second that he would go for it. Really poor decision.

Faceman strikes again, but.

ca-8.jpg

Is there no stopping him? Men want to be him, women want to bed him.

Taking a great booking for the team anaw. GREAT STUFF CHARLES.

That's a filthy challenge. Boy was going nowhere as well and was about to run it out of play. Ridiculous.

On the upside, now it's the Faceman's game to run. DREAM TEAM POINTS APLENTY PLEASE CHARLES.

That's a filthy challenge. Boy was going nowhere as well and was about to run it out of play. Ridiculous.

On the upside, now it's the Faceman's game to run. DREAM TEAM POINTS APLENTY PLEASE CHARLES.

Got him in my fantasy team too. Stupid cant could have done without getting booked!

Good week for me 61 pts at present. :thumbsup:

Both red cards were spot on, IMO.

By the letter of the law, the first one is a straight red. I don't agree with that myself, but that's the law and the ref was right. Second was a potentially horrific tackle, and had to go. Down to 9 men, but they were both sendings off. Fair play to the ref for having the balls to make the call.

Also, how about Clarke Carlisle? He's been a good summariser.

Robbie Savage thinks both red cards were correct. I've not seen them - but for the pen, was it a clear goalscoring opportunity or not?

Got him in my fantasy team too. Stupid cant could have done without getting booked!

Good week for me 61 pts at present. :thumbsup:

I'm sitting at a measly 35 unsure.gif

Robbie Savage thinks both red cards were correct. I've not seen them - but for the pen, was it a clear goalscoring opportunity or not?

Striker takes a touch to his right, to the penalty spot. Last man takes his legs away, ball was still in playing distance.

No doubt about it being a penalty. But a red card is quite harsh, but the law states that it's a sending off and the ref doesn't have much choice. Good decision.

Striker takes a touch to his right, to the penalty spot. Last man takes his legs away, ball was still in playing distance.

No doubt about it being a penalty. But a red card is quite harsh, but the law states that it's a sending off and the ref doesn't have much choice. Good decision.

I wouldn't have said that he took his legs away. He was beaten and Campbell ran into him IMO, not saying it wasn't a penalty but the defender didn't know much about it.

Remember that thread discussing how some of football's laws are just too draconian? This sounds like an example of that. Nothing else the ref can do though - and the more we call for refs to use "common sense", the more inconsistency there's bound to be.

Sergio Garcia

I agree with LP defo pen and second one was a sending off.

The first sending off is a grey area really, i wouldnt have sent the boy off but by the letter of the law DJ Campbell hadnt put it that far ahead of him so the ref is correct.

West Brom need to screw the nut otherwise could be a few more off.

I wouldn't have said that he took his legs away. He was beaten and Campbell ran into him IMO, not saying it wasn't a penalty but the defender didn't know much about it.

Thats the thing for me. Defender didn't make any movement towards the player. I wasn't even sure it was a booking.

Aye, fair point.

But he stopped him playing the ball, and gave the ref no choice.

Remember that thread discussing how some of football's laws are just too draconian? This sounds like an example of that. Nothing else the ref can do though - and the more we call for refs to use "common sense", the more inconsistency there's bound to be.

I think the penalty was punishment enough in this case. It wasn't a cynical challenge from behind on the last man, it was a foul in the box and nothing more. IMO, last man should be a red in some cases, I thought it was harsh in this case. But where do you draw the line, and if you bring "common sense" into it, it blurs the law. Rightly or wrongly, the law is clear in this case.

Aye, fair point.

I think the penalty was punishment enough in this case. It wasn't a cynical challenge from behind on the last man, it was a foul in the box and nothing more. IMO, last man should be a red in some cases, I thought it was harsh in this case. But where do you draw the line, and if you bring "common sense" into it, it blurs the law. Rightly or wrongly, the law is clear in this case.

Correct. But LP, there is no "last man" law. The law covers the denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity - but that doesn't have to be by the last defender.

Both red cards were spot on, IMO.

By the letter of the law, the first one is a straight red. I don't agree with that myself, but that's the law and the ref was right. Second was a potentially horrific tackle, and had to go. Down to 9 men, but they were both sendings off. Fair play to the ref for having the balls to make the call.

Also, how about Clarke Carlisle? He's been a good summariser.

100% agree! And particulalrly your last point! He's doing my head in!

Is Savage going for a world record,

The Most Words Spoken During the Commentary of a Game of Association Football!!!???

If it wasn't for the complete lack of atmosphere on "Mute" . . . . . . .

Is Savage going for a world record,

The Most Words Spoken During the Commentary of a Game of Association Football!!!???

I think he's brilliant tbh. Real breath of fresh air, who just calls it as he sees it and really cares about the game too.

100% agree! And particulalrly your last point! He's doing my head in!

I wasn't being sarcastic, I think Carlisle has actually been good.

Aye, fair point.

Is that really true though?

He does have a choice in my opinion. I don't think anyone would have blinked an eye if he hadn't sent the guy off and I don't see who he would be culpable to for not sending the guy off.

He's been good, obviously an intelligent guy. (as we've all seen by his countdown appearance and winning britains most intelligent footballer!)

Hate the guy though! His last minute equaliser for Burnley v Villa last week let me down for ?200. Prick!

Same, he's been a nice change from the usual dull chat.

47 for me just now, but got Charlie Adam :thumbsup:

I've got no-one left to play laugh.gif my team's utter shite.

Is that really true though?

He does have a choice in my opinion. I don't think anyone would have blinked an eye if he hadn't sent the guy off and I don't see who he would be culpable to for not sending the guy off.

Well, if he doesn't make that challenge, Campbell has a clear shot at Carson's goal. Like I say, I agree that it shouldn't be a red card. But that's what the law says.

47 for me just now, but got Charlie Adam :thumbsup:

63 for me.

Faceman bringing in a nice few points. Nolan's 20 was a big boost though. :thumbsup:

heartgarfunkel

Likewise - have really enjoyed listening to him, would like to hear him objectively commentate on Scottish games involving the OF and their referees.

Likewise - have really enjoyed listening to him, would like to hear him objectively commentate on Scottish games involving the OF and their referees.

Reality would dissolve.

On an unrelated note. You've just come up to the Prem, you're going to get a nice stream of cash, and you plan to finish your ground. Why build a stand with an obstructed view? Surely you'd spend a little more and get something better than that?

I have Charlie Adam in my FF as well.

I also have Kevin Nolan.

Who I left on the bench.

<_< <_< <_< <_<

:lol:

Mug.

I think he's brilliant tbh. Real breath of fresh air, who just calls it as he sees it and really cares about the game too.

I agree 606 with him on it is great

Listening to it in the car for a wee bit as Luke Varney and Stephen Varney had a tussle

"Varney better watch out, I wouldn't mess with Reid he can do 40 chin ups!"

So good to have someone summarising who obviously loves the game and doesn't come out with the same tired pish

I have Charlie Adam in my FF as well.

I also have Kevin Nolan.

Who I left on the bench.

<_< <_< <_< <_<

I had Vidic in my team until this week when I had the "foresight" to replace him with Ashley Cole.

dry.gif

I hope Real Madrid lose on penalties in the Champions League final.

:laugh:

If they get that far, I'll have laid it. Chump.

Say What Again
I also have Kevin Nolan.

Who I left on the bench.

<_< <_< <_< <_<

I did that with Andy Carroll earlier in the season when he got the hat-trick vs Villa

Archived