Mulrooney away on loan

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

Not seen a thread to mention this. On the offical site now.

http://www.heartsfc.co.uk/articles/20101101/paul-off-to-brechin-city_2241384_2204006

He is away to Brechin City (who are top of the second division, and have two Hibs players on loan) for a month on an emergency loan.

Good for him to at least get some game time as he is one of 7 players in the limbo who aren't able to.

After an impressive game up at United, he seemed to fall right off the radar.

Good luck to the lad - its better getting some game time.

Hannibal Lecter

Better to have players like this sent out on loan and gaining some game time as opposed to sitting in the stand.

Good luck to him at Brechin, hopefully he'll get a few good performances while he's out there.

After our midfield performance yesterday. I'd have kept him here and told him to be ready for 1st team football in the next 3 or 4 weeks, because if that midfield doesnt improve out of sight, we're going to have to have other options to try.

Still its only a month and it beats sitting at Riccarton being constantly overlooked by JJ whilst JJ's preferred first team choices in that position get a new one ripped for them by the bottom of the league.

Footballfirst

After our midfield performance yesterday. I'd have kept him here and told him to be ready for 1st team football in the next 3 or 4 weeks, because if that midfield doesnt improve out of sight, we're going to have to have other options to try.

Still its only a month and it beats sitting at Riccarton being constantly overlooked by JJ whilst JJ's preferred first team choices in that position get a new one ripped for them by the bottom of the league.

I'm not sure that the derby is the best game to introduce a youngster, but we do have creative midfielders in Jonny Stewart and Danny Thomson still with the club. Alternatively, you could do worse than go to the U19s and pick any of Scott Robinson, Denys Prychynenko or Jason Holt. I'm not asking for all of them to be included, but at least one of them has to be worth a start with the current midfield being devoid of any creative spark.

Hannibal Lecter

Possibly could be the reason he is away on loan for a month, to help build match fitness but then again it's probably not.

I'm not sure that the derby is the best game to introduce a youngster, but we do have creative midfielders in Jonny Stewart and Danny Thomson still with the club. Alternatively, you could do worse than go to the U19s and pick any of Scott Robinson, Denys Prychynenko or Jason Holt. I'm not asking for all of them to be included, but at least one of them has to be worth a start with the current midfield being devoid of any creative spark.

Fair points but Mulrooney is unique amongst those in that he has already played in a derby and did pretty well

Fair points but Mulrooney is unique amongst those in that he has already played in a derby and did pretty well

I was just thinking that, he didn't look out of place iirc

Carl Weathers

I thought he looked very promising and worked very hard. It seems odd that he hasn't been given another crack at it.

Johanes de Silentio

Disappointed with JJ and his reluctance to bring youngsters through.... McGowan, Mulrooney etc.....

They have to be good enough, mate - better than those who have been playing - that's JJ's call - he has been playing Craig T and Temps - think he's waiting for a chance to play Glen as well, and Robinson may have featured more if he hadn't said he wanted to play in midfield rather than up front.

Good wee move for Mulrooney for the moment, imo. :thumbsup:

jamboinglasgow

Disappointed with JJ and his reluctance to bring youngsters through.... McGowan, Mulrooney etc.....

I know what you mean.

Same here, would have thought they'd have got some sort of game time by now even from the bench.

Me too.

Whilst I recognise we should not rush youngsters in, Jefferies is too keen to shuffle senior players into unfamiliar roles instead of bringing in a young player to play in his natural role.

On Mulrooney, I haven't seen much of him but when he came into the team last season he looked quite promising. I hope he plays well on loan and comes back ready to play.

The Treasurer

This will be the same midfield that played well in the previous 2 games and were unlucky not to take something off the huns ? blink.gif

Talk about over reaction

Drylaw Hearts

If JJ thought any of these fringe players were capable of doing a job he'd keep them and not put them out on-loan.

Francis Albert

If JJ thought any of these fringe players were capable of doing a job he'd keep them and not put them out on-loan.

On the other hand it is just conceivable I suppose that JJ might be wrong, which is what some are suggesting. Of course while he is manager its his decision but it doesn't mean we all have to agree with everything he does.

Or maybe he likes them and thinks that he'll see how they do on loan before putting them in the team?

This will be the same midfield that played well in the previous 2 games and were unlucky not to take something off the huns ? blink.gif

Talk about over reaction

In general, our central midfield is mince. I accept they do get away with it sometimes but thats the exception to the rule this season IMO.

but would it not be in the best interest to get players on our books that are in the limbo of too old for the U-19's and not good enough (at this moment) for the first team out on loan, since there is not a reserve league to have a proper look at them and to develope these players.

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

always liked wee spoony, nice guy aswell...all the best to him down there, maybe even make it a longer deal so he gets more experience.

but would it not be in the best interest to get players on our books that are in the limbo of too old for the U-19's and not good enough (at this moment) for the first team out on loan, since there is not a reserve league to have a proper look at them and to develope these players.

Exactly. This is a consequence of there being no reserve league which will leave many players without a regular match. In saying that, I think it's clear that there are still too many players on our books and the squad needs trimmed ruthlessly.

Might be the summer before that happens but I would expect a lot of players to be moved on.

No Reserve league = just another nail in Scottish Football's coffin imo.

Exactly. This is a consequence of there being no reserve league which will leave many players without a regular match. In saying that, I think it's clear that there are still too many players on our books and the squad needs trimmed ruthlessly.

Might be the summer before that happens but I would expect a lot of players to be moved on.

No Reserve league = just another nail in Scottish Football's coffin imo.

i still think there should be an U-23 league with 2 players overaged allowed to play in games, this allows more developement of the players too old for the U19's but not ready to step up to the first team, yes there will be players that are not good enough, but i feel that the period from u19 to u23 will weed out those that are not, like how players drop out from the teams from u16 and such like.

How many players have been lost through this system, some may develope later than some but i feel that 23 is a proper cut off age if you'd make it, not just meaning at Hearts but other clubs as well

i still think there should be an U-23 league with 2 players overaged allowed to play in games, this allows more developement of the players too old for the U19's but not ready to step up to the first team, yes there will be players that are not good enough, but i feel that the period from u19 to u23 will weed out those that are not, like how players drop out from the teams from u16 and such like.

How many players have been lost through this system, some may develope later than some but i feel that 23 is a proper cut off age if you'd make it, not just meaning at Hearts but other clubs as well

Good point. The current set-up is u-19 and 1st team. Too big a leap and will inevitably lead to wastage.

Hell, Davie Weir didn't start playing seriously until he was 24.

The Treasurer

In general, our central midfield is mince. I accept they do get away with it sometimes but thats the exception to the rule this season IMO.

Right.

So when our players play well they're getting away with it and it's the exception to the rule, but when they have an off day it's just the norm blink.gif

It's good to know that our fans give the players a bit of leeway and don't overreact to a set back

Correct OAG it's not rocket science either!!

I keep harping on about it but we have not had a strong centre midfield since the Burley months.

No-one has stepped up to the plate and made the jersey theirs.

Totally outplayed by a team on Sunday who had midfield players comfortable running with the ball and could make passes into dangerous areas.

Getting back to Mulrooney the lad was excellent up at Tannadice last season and surprised he hasn't had more of a chance but maybe his time will come

We_are_the_Hearts

If you can't break into this Hearts team by the time you are 20 then you aint going to be much of a player. Harsh but true.

Archived