Referee yesterday

hearts_crazy

I actually forgot about that.

we got what we deserved yesterday but was not lost on me that we lost v rancers in the fifth minute of injury time. Now I cannot recall the subs, time wasting v gers but would suggest after being at the game that it was much less than yesterday.

We then have both sides using all subs yesterday to which it is commonly accepted if not a rule that 30 secs per sub is added. Then we get Cammy Bell who constantly changed sides when the ball went out and the ref on each occasion made it clear he was watching the time yet added on only three minutes at the end. I believe we also had two injury stoppages.

Maybe if the ref had allowed the right amount Killie could have gotten there fourth :rolleyes:

I genuinely think in two instances i.e video evidence and external time keeper we should be following rugby as it is like other aspects of football too inconsistant

2 of the subs were at half time. Bell is allowed to take a goal kick where he wants in the box. And some of the times the trainer was on the pitch were in the first half. So 3 minutes was about right.

2 of the subs were at half time. Bell is allowed to take a goal kick where he wants in the box. And some of the times the trainer was on the pitch were in the first half. So 3 minutes was about right.

Coco,

You just had to go and spoil everyone's fun.

I'm shocked John Mitchell has given the ref 6/10 :whistling:

Thought the referee wasn't that bad yesterday and if were being honest Subo should have been sent off and if he spat (never seen it myself) he should be chased out the club.

So is celebrating a goal by punching the air inflamatory?? or provocative???

If you were in the corner of the main stand and the Gorgie stand then you would know exactly what I am on about. Think Steven Pressley chest thumping, the 'gesture' was aimed at the fans who had been shouting at the ref to get the fecker in the book, it had little to do with the goal celebration. It may seem petty, but you had to be there to know what i'm on about.

Aye true however this rule was brought in to speed the game up.

The rule used to be that the ball had to be kicked out from the side it went out from. This slowed games down as on many occasion keepers were crossing the box to take it from the right side. This is now precisely what is happening. Each time the ball went out Bell collected it and crossed to the other side. You say that is legal however Reilly constantly made an issue of tapping his watch and indicating he was watching. This is an indication that times is gonna be added on, indeed I have seen keepers booked for doing it as it is obvious they are time wasting when the rule is meant to allow them to take it from any side to move the game on.

You also state two of the subs were at half time, ok that is only two minutes added for subs. Also there were injuries in the second half so what did we get added on then for more than one injury and Bells antics (remember ref made a point of identifying that he was noting it) must have been a total of a minute if three is indeed correct

Dont get me wrong we were well beat and as I have stated before its a bit of an irrelevant point now but if you were at both games Gers and Killie as I was and no reason to doubt you were not then can you justify five at gers and three at Kiliie?

To me it was pretty clear with subs, injuries and time wasting there was more than the normal (I would say 2-3 mins is the norm) so no I beg to differ three minutes was never about right.

I would bet if Kello did what Bell did he would have been booked as it was obviously time wasting. What I think gets me is Hearts fans justifying it where by your own calcs you have arrived at two minutes of subs alone. Add injuries during the second half and time wasting by Bell (although you choose to state he is allowed to do it but not point out the time wasting aspect) which although he can take from any side he can still be pulled up for or time added

I thought the ref had a fairly decent first half although made a couple of glaring errors by not booking their No 9 for an outrageous dive, and then probably realising his mistake went on to book Eremenko for diving when he was clearly fouled.

In the second half however he started to give Killie a lot of the 50/50 shouts and to not book Bell for blatant time wasting was criminal, especially when you consider that Kyle didn't commit a serious foul in the game and he was apparently booked for continual fouls :blink:

Suso deserved his booking and was lucky to stay on the park in the end, and I have to say that I'm surprised no one else has mentioned this yet, but I swear I saw him gob in the face of a Killie player, had the ref caught that he would have been off for sure, a filthy disgusting thing to do!!

I think the performance of the ref was magnified by the performance of our own team though to be fair, the fans were very frustrated at our performance and therefore picked up on any little thing the ref did to try and shift the blame, I'd probably give the ref a 6/10 yesterday.

The ref pointed all over the pitch at the various 'fouls' committed by Kyle when booking him and yet I don't recall the ref ever telling Kyle the old 'that's enough' routine'

It reminded me of a game at Tynie v St Mirren a few years ago when Billy Mehmet committed 10 fouls - natch he wasn't cautioned.

As for the ref on sunday - as I say , neither good nor bad. I just don't understand how we went from Rudi going to have a crack at goal to having the ball punted 70 yds back to Kello. Let's start contesting these Hearts !!.

Archived