Things we forgot...

Martin_T

A few things we seemed to lose sight of as a fanbase in the days prior to the Killie game:

•  
  • Hearts traditionally are generous to teams on a bad run of form
  • Complacency amongst our fans seems to breed complacency amongst the team
  • Hearts rarely ever 'roll over' any team
  • JJ's Hearts teams in his latter seasons previously, tended to have a poorish home record (see season 99/2000 for reference)
  • This team is still quite limited, press us in midfield and it's long ball to Kyle time
  • When the club have a 'good' week, positive coverage in the press, debt reduction, team buzzing in training etc...we usually get horsed at the weekend

'Hubris' threads and predictions of 3 or 4 nil wins, invariably come back to bite you on the erse when supporting Hearts. I'd settle for a 1-0 win every time..

A few things we seemed to lose sight of as a fanbase in the days prior to the Killie game:

•  
  • JJ's Hearts teams in his latter seasons previously, tended to have a poorish home record (see season 99/2000 for reference)
  • This team is still quite limited, press us in midfield and it's long ball to Kyle time
  • When the club have a 'good' week, positive coverage in the press, debt reduction, team buzzing in training etc...we usually get horsed at the weekend

'Hubris' threads and predictions of 3 or 4 nil wins, invariably come back to bite you on the erse when supporting Hearts. I'd settle for a 1-0 win every time..

With a seriously bad group of defenders, I don't think we will have many 1 nil wins.

Have to say I feared the worst when I heard they had lost 4 in a row in the league and lost 5 in a row to us.

Deep down just knew that it was going to end in disappointment. Always seems to be the way of it unfortunately :down:

Charlie-Brown

With a seriously bad group of defenders, I don't think we will have many 1 nil wins.

The current defenders whilst not being anywhere near some of the excellent defenders of the last 30 years are not as hopeless as you make out - certainly not in relative terms anyway as evidenced by the only teams to have conceded fewer goals than Hearts defence in the SPL this season are the 4 teams currently directly above us (Rangers, Celtic, Motherwell & Inverness) - prior to yesterdays 3-0 drubbing only 2 teams had conceded fewer goals.

Our defenders aren't as good as we've in the past, that much is granted, however the defenders we had previously were probably way above what the club could expect to attract and retain in the modern era. The defenders we have now are more than adequate for the current SPL, most clubs outwith the Old Firm would have be more than happy with what we have at our disposal.

•  

Martin,

You forgot to add that for most of the game against an awful St.Mirren side we weren't that great and for long spells especially in the second

half the poorer team in midfield.

But I wasn't allowed to post that last week as it was a no negative comments week on here and Mrowiec was the new Ian Jardine without the skill factor.

Archived