Who Would You Play V Hibs?

dazajmbo

Today was shocking, but we need to look on at hibs, and unless some major changes are made we will get gubbed

I'd play

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Adrian (cant spell surname)

Black

Stevenson

Rudi

Temps

Suso

Elliott

Glen

Not sure about the whole team but...

There is a case for Temps and S Elliott starting, Don't think we should go mad though and make wholesale changes.

RoussetsShorts

Today was shocking, but we need to look on at hibs, and unless some major changes are made we will get gubbed

I'd play

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Black

Stevenson

Rudi

Temps

Suso

Elliott

Glen

Bang on leaving out Kyle, he was worse than Nade today.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I think we need to tighten it up in midfield next week. Bring Temps back in and play to our strengths of getting the ball wide and getting it into the box for Kyle. Skacel cut inside constantly today and last week and I think we would benefit by playing him off a lone striker. I'd also bring Black back in as he will get stuck in and get the ball into the wide areas. Is Jason Thomson fit? If he is I'd play him left back. If he's not then I'd keep Palazuelos there. Craig Thomson also gives us extra delivery from the right and I would bring him into the side also.

Kello

C Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas J Thomson

Suso Black Mrowiec Templeton

Skacel

Kyle

Subs: MacDonald, Barr, Jonsson, Stevenson, Palazuelos, Elliott, Elliot.

I think this shape allows our wide men to get forward and support as they know they have two tough tacklers in the centre of the park who will win the ball and get it out into the wide areas. If it's not working though, I'd bring on Stephen Elliott for Kyle and get him to run at the Hibs centre backs and try to get Skacel on the ball as much as possible.

Miller Jambo 60

I'd play

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Black

Stevenson

Rudi

Temps

Suso

Elliott

Glen

dougstar hard as nails and does not bottle tackl;es, and can shoot wi 2 feet :lol:

This is a difficult one, I expect Hibs to go with 5 in the middle or 3 with 2 wing backs. We can't go with a diamond 4 in the middle, we would be over-run too easily IMO, a midfield five would most likely leave Kyle or the lone forward isolated which would be no use. I feel we have to go 2 up-front, pressurise their back line, give them something to think about. We have to go 4 at the back, they do have dangerous players, Riordan, Miller, Galbraith. I'm not too sure about playing C.Thomson after the rumours going about just now, I have no idea if they are true or not but I'm pretty sure the Hibs fans won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Or do you throw him into the deep end?

I'd play Barr - (hopefully) desperate to put in a performance, the derby would be perfect to put things right. Ruben doesn't get forward like Wallace would but in an away match, maybe it is best to play cautious. I'd have Bouzid and Zaliukas at the back.

So, midfield, the match will be won or lost here.

The only player I'd be surprised if he didn't start is Suso. He gets the ball down and runs at defenders, he is direct and you need a player like this to create chances.

In the centre, if we are to contain Hibs for the first hour or so, I don't feel Skacel should play in the centre, he will wonder up the park and it will leave us very exposed to a counter attack. I'd play two of Mrowiec, Jonsson or Black.

On the left we have a choice of Templeton or Skacel. Rudi has a bit more experience and has a lot of composure on the ball, a great left foot and an eye for goal. Temps had one of his best games in maroon the last time we played at Easter Rd. He has a great delivery, he's quick, skilful. An option might be play Rudi in a more advanced role, playing just off the striker with Templeton on the wing.

Up front, even though Kyle had a poor game against Kilmarnock, he is our target man, a lot of attacks with come through Kyle this season, as long as the ball up to him are accurate and we have players up with him, the chances will come, his height is also an advantage IF we get the balls into the box from the wide areas.

The other question is, who do we play up front with Kyle? C.Elliot? S.Elliott? Skacel? Glen?

I'd go with S.Elliott. If he is fit enough to last an hour, I'd start the game with him. If not, I would perhaps play Rudi up there, although I can't see JJ doing that. He'll probably play Skacel in midfield, get him in the heart of the action. Glen hasn't had a lot of first team action and C.Elliot isn't quite up to the high standard he started the season.

Can we play 11 men plus a large lump of wood (kyle) ?

Big problem is we have no full back on either side worth a ..... and no variety in midfield.

Eggert back to right back ,if JJ doesn't fancy Barr, as he was dire in midfield yesterday and CT is too wee and small and he has probably hit his one decent cross for the year, although I may have blinked and missed it.

Elliott to get a start as Clum has gone backwards again.

Serious thought...did Obua win more ball than Kyle???

We_are_the_Hearts

This is a difficult one, I expect Hibs to go with 5 in the middle or 3 with 2 wing backs. We can't go with a diamond 4 in the middle, we would be over-run too easily IMO, a midfield five would most likely leave Kyle or the lone forward isolated which would be no use. I feel we have to go 2 up-front, pressurise their back line, give them something to think about. We have to go 4 at the back, they do have dangerous players, Riordan, Miller, Galbraith. I'm not too sure about playing C.Thomson after the rumours going about just now, I have no idea if they are true or not but I'm pretty sure the Hibs fans won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt. Or do you throw him into the deep end?

I'd play Barr - (hopefully) desperate to put in a performance, the derby would be perfect to put things right. Ruben doesn't get forward like Wallace would but in an away match, maybe it is best to play cautious. I'd have Bouzid and Zaliukas at the back.

The only player I'd be surprised if he didn't start is Suso. He gets the ball down and runs at defenders, he is direct and you need a player like this to create chances.

In the centre, if we are to contain Hibs for the first hour or so, I don't feel Skacel should play in the centre, he will wonder up the park and it will leave us very exposed to a counter attack. I'd play two of Mrowiec, Jonsson or Black.

On the left we have a choice of Templeton or Skacel. Rudi has a bit more experience and has a lot of composure on the ball, a great left foot and an eye for goal. Temps had one of his best games in maroon the last time we played at Easter Rd. He has a great delivery, he's quick, skilful. An option might be play Rudi in a more advanced role, playing just off the striker with Templeton on the wing.

Up front, even though Kyle had a poor game against Kilmarnock, he is our target man, a lot of attacks with come through Kyle this season, as long as the ball up to him are accurate and we have players up with him, the chances will come, his height is also an advantage IF we get the balls into the box from the wide areas.

The other question is, who do we play up front with Kyle? C.Elliot? S.Elliott? Skacel? Glen?

I'd go with S.Elliott. If he is fit enough to last an hour, I'd start the game with him. If not, I would perhaps play Rudi up there, although I can't see JJ doing that. He'll probably play Skacel in midfield, get him in the heart of the action. Glen hasn't had a lot of first team action and C.Elliot isn't quite up to the high standard he started the season.

Agree with all of that, refreshing after some of the nonsense posted since yesterday. :thumbsup:

Kello

J.Thomson - Bouzid - Zaliukas - C.Thomson

Suso - Jonsson - Black - Skacel

Kyle - Templeton

Would play Jason at right back and Craig at left back to match up against Hibs. Hibs' only main threat is Riordan on the left so it would make sense to play Jason there as he's the most solid defensively and being on the left would allow Craig to get forward.

Iain Black has to play as he's the most comfortable midfielder on the ball, Jonsson's best games in midfield this season have come alongside Black so I'd play them together.

Neither of the Elliot(t)s have impressed me recently so I'd play Templeton up top with Kyle as he can be direct and offers something different to our predictable forward play, and also gives us the chance to periodically switch him, Suso and Skacel's positions.

Bench would probably be: Balogh, Barr, Stevenson, Palazuelos, Elliot, Elliott, Glen/Novikovas(if fit?)

Destruction Derby

Kello

Barr Zaliukas Bouzid Palazuelos

Adrian Stevenson

Suso Skacel Templeton

Kyle

I would prefer C.Thomson to Barr but I don't think he will be mature enough to handle the abuse he will get. I still think even after yesterdays shambles that Kyle can cause Bamba problems with his strength.

I'd play

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Black

Stevenson

Rudi

Temps

Suso

Elliott

Glen

This team would be rubbish. no full backs when Hibs only threat comes from Riordan? that would be insanity. And your first sentence, what exacly have Hibs shown that we should be worried about getting gubbed?

Kello

C.Thomson Zaliukas Bouzid J.Thomson

Mrowiec Black

Suso Skacel Templeton

Elliott.

Subs: Mcdonald, Barr Ruben, Stevenson, Jonsson, Elliot, Glen

4-2-3-1.

Kello

C Thompson

Bouzid

Zal

Ruben

Temps

Mroweic

Stevenson

Suso

Skacel

Stephen Elliot

Wasn't at the game, but based on the highlights, in general i think we are on for a defensive re-shuffle and Temps and Stephen Elliott to start. Obviously this is only based on what is covered by the 5 minutes highlights and as a result, only showed our/their best chances.

I'd play

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Black

Stevenson

Rudi

Temps

Suso

Elliott

Glen

And you'd lose the game.

This team would be rubbish. no full backs when Hibs only threat comes from Riordan? that would be insanity. And your first sentence, what exacly have Hibs shown that we should be worried about getting gubbed?

Maybe that's the plan.. :whistling:

Skippy Doodle

Kello

C Thomson (Barr doesnt offer enough going forward)

Eggert (can cope at left back as hibs dont have an abundance of pace down the wings)

Bouzid

Zal

Suso

Black (was coming onto a game during rangers match and deserves another chance)

Skacel (centre mid is now his position - we dont ave the rudi of 5 years ago)

Stevenson (will provide more cover than temps and need some height at set plays)

Kyle

S Elliott (clum looks to be suffering confidence wise just now)

Charlie-Brown

4-3-3 , subs in brackets

Kello (J.MacDonald)

C.Thomson (J.Thomson)

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Palazeulos

Black (J.Stewart)

Jonsson (Mrowiec)

Stevenson (D.Thomson)

Suso (Templeton)

Kyle

Skacel (S.Elliot)

I'd play either a 3-5-2 or a 4-1-4-1.

Our midfield needs to be packed and we need to stop lumping balls up to Kyle's heid.

Charlie-Brown

I'd play either a 3-5-2 or a 4-1-4-1.

Our midfield needs to be packed and we need to stop lumping balls up to Kyle's heid.

Derbies are usually quite often a war of attrition so if you pack the midfield then it becomes even more likely the out-ball would be long / high to K.Kyle. I'd play 3 in centre midfield and get Suso & Skacel pushed forward to support our No.9

Derbies are usually quite often a war of attrition so if you pack the midfield then it becomes even more likely the out-ball would be long / high to K.Kyle. I'd play 3 in centre midfield and get Suso & Skacel pushed forward to support our No.9

Agree, but my team would be

Kello

J Thomson-Bouzid-Zaliukas-Palazuelos

Black-Jonsson-Mrowiec

Suso-Skacel

C Elliot

Charlie-Brown

Agree, but my team would be

Kello

J Thomson-Bouzid-Zaliukas-Palazuelos

Black-Jonsson-Mrowiec

Suso-Skacel

C Elliot

Jason Thomson usually puts in a decent performance against Hibs, being a local lad and a fan knows the importance of these games and is usually quite solid and not afraid to get stuck in against the likes of Riordan, Stokes, L.Miller etc.

I agree with 3 in centre midfield but neither Jonsson nor Mrowiec covered themselves in glory yesterday - think i'd pick one or the other for next sunday but not both.

C.Elliot was getting treatment for a knee knock just before half time yesterday, don't know if this was related to his substitution and taken off to prevent aggravating any damage.

We'd me mental to leave out Kyle IMO. He'll batter them all game.

Kello

C.Thomson Bouzid Zal Pal

Suso Black Mrowiec Skacel

Kyle Cal

Kello in goal........

I'm undecided about the rest :yucky:

Yes i agree with you on this one :turned:

Kello

Barr Zaliukas Bouzid Thomson

Templeton Black Stevenson Skacel

S Elliot Kyle

Thats C or J Thomson at LB anyone is better than what we have had up to now

The goal against Aberdeen is exactly how we should be playing ... ball on the deck, get it wide, work hard and support each other. None of that was shown against Killie.

I'm not packing, Killie were excellent, Hibs aint.

I think we need to tighten it up in midfield next week. Bring Temps back in and play to our strengths of getting the ball wide and getting it into the box for Kyle. Skacel cut inside constantly today and last week and I think we would benefit by playing him off a lone striker. I'd also bring Black back in as he will get stuck in and get the ball into the wide areas. Is Jason Thomson fit? If he is I'd play him left back. If he's not then I'd keep Palazuelos there. Craig Thomson also gives us extra delivery from the right and I would bring him into the side also.

Kello

J Thomson Bouzid Zaliukas Young full back

Suso Jonsson Mrowiec Templeton

Skacel

Elliot

Subs: MacDonald, Barr, Jonsson, Stevenson, Palazuelos, Elliott, Elliot.

I think this shape allows our wide men to get forward and support as they know they have two tough tacklers in the centre of the park who will win the ball and get it out into the wide areas. If it's not working though, I'd bring on Stephen Elliott for Kyle and get him to run at the Hibs centre backs and try to get Skacel on the ball as much as possible.

I agree in principle with this formation, but have made a few changes.

I did have C. Thomson at right back in another thread, but another poster is right, he is not mature enough to handle the abuse he is bound to get.

We need to play with a left back, plain and simple.

Jonsson shouldn't be dropped.

Elliot was better than Kyle on Sunday.

IMO.

Great post, well thought out. I agree with your most of your team, do you not think Ryan Stevenson would give us more in midfield?

same back 4 not a game for c thomson given recent problems

only changes would be stevo in midfield just feel he many offer some creativity in midfield (we needed him on the pitch 2nd half against killie) and defo black in there. if these 2 guys are on their game hopefully it cut out the need for the long ball to kyle. up front s elliott is due a wee chance as like you say c elliot has gone of the boil

kello,

barr, bouzid,zali, ruben

suzo,stevo,black,skacel

kyle, s elliott

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

palazuelos

templeton

skacel

stevenson

black

suso

elliott

elliot

leaving kyle out he has went right downhill.

Unless he is injured between now and then there is absolutely NO chance that Kevin Kyle will not start the derby on Sunday. Whether he has Elliot or Elliott beside him is of course open to debate but the big guy will start. He is Jefferies main man on and off the pitch and those calling for him to be left out have clearly not watched many derbies in recent times. The Hobos defence continues to be very fragile and they are not good at defending cross balls. Given the correct service he will cause them huge problems and they will be nervous at the prospect of facing him given some of the calamaties they have had against us. Whilst yesterday was a shocker I'm fully expecting JJ and Gary Locke to have them all well pumped up and raring to go and for us to start at a much higher tempo. Kyle is a pivotal part of our team this season whether the fans like his sort of player or not but he offers more than any striker since Velicka's departure. I'd play Elliott beside him or Skacel behind him if we want an extra body in midfield but whatever Kyle is our key player on Sunday and I fancy him for a goal.

A week a go people were worried that kyle might not make the Derby if he gets too many yellows or 1 red card..

Now people leaving him out...He was poor on Sunday, leave him in and hope that last game was just an off one :thumbsup:

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

palazuelos

templeton

skacel

stevenson

black

suso

elliott

elliot

leaving kyle out he has went right downhill.

do you think temps and suso will be able to get back and defend?

kyle could be a big player on sunday it would be a gamble to leave him out, his away form has been good for some reason.

Guest jambomickey

same team for me, they done well at aberdeen and against st lie down! i'm hoping yesterday was just an off day and we'll bounce back on sunday.

I think JJ will stick with the same team except for an Elliot swap. In the last two games though Kyle, Calum and Eggert have been very poor and I think we need to shake up the spine of the team to get a bit more creativity.

I would go 3-5-2

Kello

Barr Bouzid Zaliukas

Suso Stevenson Mrowiec Skacel Templeton

Elliot S Kyle

Subs Balogh Jonsson Thomson Black Palazuelos Glen (Novikovas or Robinson or Elliot C)

same team for me, they done well at aberdeen and against st lie down! i'm hoping yesterday was just an off day and we'll bounce back on sunday.

Great post, well thought out. I agree with your most of your team, do you not think Ryan Stevenson would give us more in midfield?

same back 4 not a game for c thomson given recent problems

only changes would be stevo in midfield just feel he many offer some creativity in midfield (we needed him on the pitch 2nd half against killie) and defo black in there. if these 2 guys are on their game hopefully it cut out the need for the long ball to kyle. up front s elliott is due a wee chance as like you say c elliot has gone of the boil

kello,

barr, bouzid,zali, ruben

suzo,stevo,black,skacel

kyle, s elliott

I completely forgot about Stevenson.

He offers more of an attacking threat than the Jonsson-Mrowiec combination, it is just a case of which two of the four (Jonsson, Mrowiec, Black and Stevenson) starts on Saturday.

It's difficult because you don't want to give anything away too cheaply but you don't want to be sitting in your house on Saturday night after a negative result thinking I wish we went for it.

I completely forgot about Stevenson.

He offers more of an attacking threat than the Jonsson-Mrowiec combination, it is just a case of which two of the four (Jonsson, Mrowiec, Black and Stevenson) starts on Saturday.

It's difficult because you don't want to give anything away too cheaply but you don't want to be sitting in your house on Saturday night after a negative result thinking I wish we went for it.

I know what your saying JJ has some tough choices this week (as mixu won the tactical game on sunday) I'd be tempted to bring in stevo & black (providing black can keep his cool) and go for it like the 2-1 game at tynie last season take the game to hibs keep pressing them and try for every ball and hopefully get something early in the game and take it from there. Whatever the team canny wait!

kello

barr

zaliukas

bouzid

palazuelos

templton

black

stevenson

suso

kyle

rudi

bench macdonald jonsson black c elliot s elliott a mrowiec

HEARTS FOREVER

I'd play

Kello

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Black

Stevenson

Rudi

Temps

Suso

Elliott

Glen

3-5-2

Kello

Barr

Bouzid

Zaliukas

Templeton

Rudi

Mrowiec

Palazuelos

Suso

Kyle

Elliot

A five man midfield always snuffs the Hibs out and gives us plenty attacking options.

Gives Barr the chance to play in a position that suits.

Temps and Suso have plenty running in the wide positions

Mrowiec and Pally holding in midlfield

Rudi supporting the attck.

Pick this team JJ and yet another derby will be ours!

babertonjambo

Unless he is injured between now and then there is absolutely NO chance that Kevin Kyle will not start the derby on Sunday. Whether he has Elliot or Elliott beside him is of course open to debate but the big guy will start. He is Jefferies main man on and off the pitch and those calling for him to be left out have clearly not watched many derbies in recent times. The Hobos defence continues to be very fragile and they are not good at defending cross balls. Given the correct service he will cause them huge problems and they will be nervous at the prospect of facing him given some of the calamaties they have had against us. Whilst yesterday was a shocker I'm fully expecting JJ and Gary Locke to have them all well pumped up and raring to go and for us to start at a much higher tempo. Kyle is a pivotal part of our team this season whether the fans like his sort of player or not but he offers more than any striker since Velicka's departure. I'd play Elliott beside him or Skacel behind him if we want an extra body in midfield but whatever Kyle is our key player on Sunday and I fancy him for a goal.

This.

The criticism of Kyle on here over the last few days has been way over the top IMO. Granted, he had a very poor game on Sunday but who out of the 14 players used didn't? Kyle's game is all about him being on the end of crosses into the box from wide areas and we have seen the best of him in games where this has happended this season. Unfortuantely it hass't happened enough - particularly at home - and he has been left to try and manufacture things from long balls being humped at him from 60 yards.

I predict the big man to be on the scoresheet on Sunday! :thumbsup:

Jason Thomson is a must starter. Kickback never thought it would see that day.

I would go

Kello

Barr

Eggert

Zaliukas

J Thomson

Suso

Templeton

Mrowiec

Stevenson

Skacel

Kyle

Gary Mackay's comments about Kyle re fitness and mobility in the EEN are quite interesting. He chases no defenders and keeps trying to bring the ball down on his chest (it's surprising how far the ball bounces from him) and heads/passes the ball to no-one. Take away his penalties and there needs to be more from him in goals and assists. Have we all been watching Nade for too long? Who plays with his style of centre forward anymore? He needs to lose weight and step up his game. That guy Sammon looked more mobile and more of a footballer. And for the people who think folk are reacting to one bad result, how many good results have their been so far this season and we have had six out of ten games at home so far so our league position isn't good enough.

rudi must stay

Kello

Thomson

Zaliukas

Bouzid

Jonsson

Templeton

Mrowiec

Skacel

Suso

Kyle

Elliott

I'd play the midfield as a diamond with Mrowiec at the bottom and Skacel at the top just behind Kyle and Elliott :)

Archived