To sum today up...

jambonian

Hearts today were out-thought out-played by the bottom team in the League. From kick-off you could see that the players were not up for the game, only Suso got pass marks today, at least for effort. The rest should be ashamed of themselves.This was a chance for Hearts to create a bit of space for ourselves in the League, as well as getting into third, shades of last season after the split when we needed to win both home games against Dundee Utd and Motherwell to get into Europe. Defensively, we are back to the same as before, Barr looked dodgy and shouldn't be surprised at being subbed at halftime, Bouzid and Zaliukas were back to their usual lacking composure and just booting the ball anywhere and Palazuelos will as usual, have decent games and poor games at left-back. Worst of all though was the midfield today, they played like they'd been out for a bevy last night, Mrowiec was outfought by his opponent at almost every opportunity, Jonsson looked completely dis-interested and Skacel only plays when he can be bothered, he hardly touched the ball all game. Calum Elliot is another that's gone downhill again but that's expected from him. Kyle was battered black and blue and got no protection from, yet again, another dodgy official.

Maybe if we had been awarded the blatant penalty we should have had early in the second half it might've gave them the boot up the backside they deserved. Their goalie, Bell, should've been booked for time-wasting but as usual in Scottish football, were let off the hook by the GFA mafia's frontline men.

So, overall, in typical Hearts fashion, we had a chance to get into third and start the challenge for Europe. I said at the start of the season i thought that 3rd would be between Utd and Motherwell and nothing i've seen so far has changed my mind as yet. The annoying thing is that, with a derby match up next, that result could be our downfall at Easter Road next week.

I think it's a huge reality step for many.

We are not that good and tbh totally outplayed by the league's bottom side. What was most disappointing is that Killie passed the ball well all day - we were rudderless.

As a side note - Stephen Elliot - sorry but I just don't see it.

Hearts today were out-thought out-played by the bottom team in the League. From kick-off you could see that the players were not up for the game, only Suso got pass marks today, at least for effort. The rest should be ashamed of themselves.This was a chance for Hearts to create a bit of space for ourselves in the League, as well as getting into third, shades of last season after the split when we needed to win both home games against Dundee Utd and Motherwell to get into Europe. Defensively, we are back to the same as before, Barr looked dodgy and shouldn't be surprised at being subbed at halftime, Bouzid and Zaliukas were back to their usual lacking composure and just booting the ball anywhere and Palazuelos will as usual, have decent games and poor games at left-back. Worst of all though was the midfield today, they played like they'd been out for a bevy last night, Mrowiec was outfought by his opponent at almost every opportunity, Jonsson looked completely dis-interested and Skacel only plays when he can be bothered, he hardly touched the ball all game. Calum Elliot is another that's gone downhill again but that's expected from him. Kyle was battered black and blue and got no protection from, yet again, another dodgy official.

Maybe if we had been awarded the blatant penalty we should have had early in the second half it might've gave them the boot up the backside they deserved. Their goalie, Bell, should've been booked for time-wasting but as usual in Scottish football, were let off the hook by the GFA mafia's frontline men.

So, overall, in typical Hearts fashion, we had a chance to get into third and start the challenge for Europe. I said at the start of the season i thought that 3rd would be between Utd and Motherwell and nothing i've seen so far has changed my mind as yet. The annoying thing is that, with a derby match up next, that result could be our downfall at Easter Road next week.

Not really wanting to say this but Kyle was guilty of giving away pointless fouls. Every foul given against him was a foul IMO and he should be told to keep his bloody hands down when he jumps for headers.

Think the majority of what you say is a bit knee jerk.

It was a bad day at the office which will be rectified next week with a trouncing of the Hibees at Easter Road. thumbsup.gif

Tynecastle Valhalla

I think it's a huge reality step for many.

We are not that good and tbh totally outplayed by the league's bottom side. What was most disappointing is that Killie passed the ball well all day - we were rudderless.

As a side note - Stephen Elliot - sorry but I just don't see it.

i think he is good.

i think he is good.

I agree, Stephen Elliott will score goals given a run in the team. He had a number of half chances second half.

i think he is good.

Same, he hit the bar, ran and chased balls, got into good positions. Did more than Clum did, he gave up and didnt chase anything. Looks like the old clum after a good start to the season for him :(

good summary. I felt that about the midfield. Looked so sluggish and that goes to Rudi in particular. Im also becoming slowly disillusioned with Jonsson. I do not feckin know how much time he thinks he`s got sometimes and often gets caught on his heels when someone plays the ball into him or he dallies in possession. He often has the chance to go through a tackle aswell but never committs and the opp continue into dangerous areas.

Yet, other times he looks the part. But thats the problem with too many of our players. Not got the mentality to find a consistent level of performance over an extended period.

If we had maybe got beat 1-0, 2-1 or a draw then you could say it is a wee wake up call for next week, but after making 2 panic substitutions at half time AND get still get gubbed then i am afraid that the confidence will have been knocked big style going into nexts weeks derby.

Going to avoid any knee-jerk reactions. We were very poor, and Kilmarnock were up for it. I don't buy into any of this 'bottom of the league' stuff about them. I think they are a half decent side that have been on the wrong end of narrow defeats that could easily of gone their way. Today it clicked for them. Fair play to Mixu and the players for that.

As for us, it basically boiled down to us being far too wasteful with the ball all game. The ball was being launched upfield far too often without actually looking. Reuben was pretty bad for that, but nobody gets pass marks. We didn't use the wings nearly enough. Suso tried, but not a great deal came off, whilst Skacel was very poor by his standards. Just never got involved. I also though Kyle got very little change out of the Killie defence throughout, whilst Callum Elliot didn't do a great deal.

As for Stephen Eliott, I thought he looked quite sharp. Just needs the game time to get up to speed. He is quite slight though...thats my main concern with him.

A shocking day at the office, but what better way to bounce back than next week against the wee team!

If we had maybe got beat 1-0, 2-1 or a draw then you could say it is a wee wake up call for next week, but after making 2 panic substitutions at half time AND get still get gubbed then i am afraid that the confidence will have been knocked big style going into nexts weeks derby.

how was it panic subs? Barr was injured, maybe you didn`t notice?, and Clum was utter crap. S. Elliot deserved a chance and im also sick of the half time rocket to get them going. Long term, it sends a message to the team that JJ isn`t frightened to change it if you aren`t doing the biz.

The Mighty Thor

Killie are a better side than their position suggests. They play tidy possession football.

Today's result is what this season is going to be IMO. Shite and sugar in equal measure. Anyone thinking we were going to canter our way to third sweeping aside all but the old firm is deluded.

We'll have good weeks and we'll have weeks where we are honking.

Archived