Bring back Ian Black

Sten Guns

Passing today was woeful.

Midfield, shocking.

Blackie's passing against Rangers was superb.

We need him in there IMO.

C Thomson too. Both should start against Hibs.

On that performance today, I'd be tempted to start with Kyle on the bench, as he provided very little. Tough decision to make, but I think JJ needs to do something special for next week.

I'd happily replace entire team on the strength of todays performance... getting horsed at home by the bottom of the league team is a ******* embarrassment.

There was not one Hearts player on the pitch today that deserves pass marks.

Utter shite... Jeffries... Mixu ****** you right up the erse today!

******* awful.

I've said it before and I'll say it again Eggert Jonnson will never make a footballer as long as my arse has a hole in it!!!

Tynecastle Valhalla

i think him or stevenson needs a shot ahead of jonnson - he gave it away far too often.

personally i would have adrian and rudi in the middle and temps on the left

Black is poor. There is no combination in the centre of midfield that will improve us to any significant degree. We have several CMs who are slow have poor first touches and inconsistent passing but will run about and put a few tackles in. That's it and it won't change until we get at least one midfielder in.

Francis Albert

On that performance today, I'd be tempted to start with Kyle on the bench, as he provided very little. Tough decision to make, but I think JJ needs to do something special for next week.

My big fear when we signed Kyle was that it would be too easy for us to take the option of punting the ball long to him. Maybe forgivable if you are down with ten minutes to go but this seemed to be our main tactic for most of today's game.

I think Black should have came on at half time for Jonsson. That's the only sub that needed to be made.

I hope he's in the team next week. Need players like him in the middle of the park.

My big fear when we signed Kyle was that it would be too easy for us to take the option of punting the ball long to him. Maybe forgivable if you are down with ten minutes to go but this seemed to be our main tactic for most of today's game.

We have just reverted to Killie's way of play under JJ which in the past we found very easy to defend against... no way should Killie be bottom of the league playing like that... us on the other hand?!

I fear we are in for a very uncomfortable derby.

Miller Jambo 60

Midfield was absolutely rank today. :(

I think we might see Black back in for the Hobo game.

Black is kak and the wages that lot cheated today was unreal

:thumbsup:

Black would have at least made some passes today and did a much better job of closing down Bryson.

He needs to start next week against the vermin.

Ian Black is not the answer.

When the centre of your midfield consists of a very out of form Eggert Johnsson and Adrian Moroviec he's a better option.

When the centre of your midfield consists of a very out of form Eggert Johnsson and Adrian Moroviec he's a better option.

Maybe.

Thing is, we were quite good last week, and the two weeks before that we had decent performances. My question, and I honestly don't know the answer, is were those games the exception or was today's? I'd give them the benefit of the doubt next week and would start the two of them. I'd have those two with somebody like Templeton/Skacel playing just off our solitary striker.

I think that we will see Black in the team next week but I honestly don't feel he is the answer

I didn't think we really did play that well last week.

St Mirren were dreadful and other than 2 long-rangers and a free kick from Rudi I really didn't think we offered that much.

Anyone know when wallace is back? Ruben was dreadful today. Or play Park but that will never happen.

Ian Black, Ryan Stevenson, Ryan Mcgowan, play any of them for Eggert in the derby. Also start Templeton against them as he will run riot down the wings.

Miller Jambo 60

I've said it before and I'll say it again Eggert Jonnson will never make a footballer as long as my arse has a hole in it!!!

:down: :down: :down: :down: you play footie likes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: joke

Eggy needs some time out of the team, he's not really been at the races recently

I think big Adrian's been doing a good job and deserves to stay in the team

Agree with BH.

Jonsson and Mrowiec are too similar so I'd move the former to right back as Barr is murder. I'd give Stevenson the opportunity beside Mrowiec from the start next week though the other option is to tell Mrowiec to sit and play Skacel beside him with Templeton and Suso wide. I'd probably go a bit more solid with Mrowiec and Stevenson and keep Temps for the 2nd half.

Kello

Jonsson Zaliukas Bouzid Palazuelos

Suso Mrowiec Stevenson Skacel

Kyle Elliott

So 2 changes, Barr and Elliot dropped and Stevenson and Elliott in.

It would not be a bad tactic if he was mobile and able to bring others into play when he received the ball.

The Mighty Thor

It's all too easy to dominate our midfield.

Dundee Utd brought on Gomis, changed the formation and we couldn't get near them. They should have beat us.

Motherwell came to Tynie with a fluid midfield and we couldn't put a finger on Murphy. They pumped us

Killie came to Tynie with a fluid midfield and we couldn't get near them either.

Houston, Pa' Broon and now the Fat Finn have all tumbled to the fact that you could land a 747 in our midfield and not hit anyone.

Our midfield gets over-run and goes back towards our back 4 stretching the gap to our strikers and rendering us totally toothless. Our 2 wide men become redundant and inevitably if we aren't scoring goals we are likely to concede and then it's game over.

The fact that we're arguing the toss over Black or Mrowiec or Stevenson or indeed Jonsson shows how pish poor our midfield really is.

Jam Tarts 1874

Passing today was woeful.

Midfield, shocking.

Blackie's passing against Rangers was superb.

We need him in there IMO.

C Thomson too. Both should start against Hibs.

Errrr....no it wasn't!

It would not be a bad tactic if he was mobile and able to bring others into play when he received the ball.

Every home game we try it and it never works, he cant run too. Maybe he does need dropped for a home game.

Every home game we try it and it never works, he cant run too. Maybe he does need dropped for a home game.

I think he must be carrying an injury or unfit but JJ does not want to take him off. He is the easy option for a hoof up the park when the players run out of ideas.

The Old Tolbooth

Nah, no way mate, he didn't have a great game today but I expected that against a Killie outfit who know him better than anyone, and know how to mark him out of a game, they did it to great effect today and deserve credit for it, but he's caused havoc in a lot of defences this season and quite simply we have absolutely feck all else up front that can do a job!

It's all too easy to dominate our midfield.

Dundee Utd brought on Gomis, changed the formation and we couldn't get near them. They should have beat us.

Motherwell came to Tynie with a fluid midfield and we couldn't put a finger on Murphy. They pumped us

Killie came to Tynie with a fluid midfield and we couldn't get near them either.

Houston, Pa' Broon and now the Fat Finn have all tumbled to the fact that you could land a 747 in our midfield and not hit anyone.

Our midfield gets over-run and goes back towards our back 4 stretching the gap to our strikers and rendering us totally toothless. Our 2 wide men become redundant and inevitably if we aren't scoring goals we are likely to concede and then it's game over.

The fact that we're arguing the toss over Black or Mrowiec or Stevenson or indeed Jonsson shows how pish poor our midfield really is.

Bang on the money.

:down: :down: :down: :down: you play footie likes :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: joke

Ha ha ha your a comic pal. Black is Kak but Eggert is a good!! You make me laugh!!

And as for the answer of your question yeah i do play football and have done for 20 years!!!

Nah, no way mate, he didn't have a great game today but I expected that against a Killie outfit who know him better than anyone, and know how to mark him out of a game, they did it to great effect today and deserve credit for it, but he's caused havoc in a lot of defences this season and quite simply we have absolutely feck all else up front that can do a job!

If we do persist, then I think he might be more effective not so much leading the line but dropping off another ten yards and then playing in runners such as Suso/Temps/Skacel/. If Elliot can remain up the park and the defenders can keep the ball under eight feet it might work. Alas, the distribution of the defensive six was so poor today that nobody could do anything.

Seem to recall JJ deployed Obua like this in the derby at Tynecastle last season and we shifted their defence all over the place.

I thought Adrian had a bad game today but the midfield got worse when he went off.

I would have him in the team before Eggert on current form to be honest.

We just need someone more creative next to him.

Errrr....no it wasn't!

Complete nonsense.

Black might not be a world beater, but he can spray the ball about really well. Passing ability is great IMO, and certainly better than anything that was on display today.

He deserves a run in the side. I know many on here dont like him, but I'm very much a fan of Black and hope he gets a chance to prove the doubters wrong.

Today's efforts were shocking and Black was outstanding against Rangers. Get him in.

Even when the going is tough, things aren't going our way, he is one of a very few who will give 100%. Great attitude and determination, that was sadly lacking today.

Complete nonsense.

Black might not be a world beater, but he can spray the ball about really well. Passing ability is great IMO, and certainly better than anything that was on display today.

He deserves a run in the side. I know many on here dont like him, but I'm very much a fan of Black and hope he gets a chance to prove the doubters wrong.

Today's efforts were shocking and Black was outstanding against Rangers. Get him in.

Even when the going is tough, things aren't going our way, he is one of a very few who will give 100%. Great attitude and determination, that was sadly lacking today.

Black is no world beater - but he is the only midfielder that we have approaching a "playmaker".

I've never understood all the hype about Jonsson - as far as I'm concerned, he's average at best.

Midfield next week should be Black and Adrian in the middle, Skacel on the left and Suso on the right with Stephen Elliot and Kyle up front.

Thanks for bringing him back JJ.

Great game.

That is all.

He was poor IMO. Lost the ball far to many times, anyway that's me All negativity(ed) out. :thumbsup:

Archived