Hearts call for increased accountability for referees

ritchies75

His hand stopped the ball from being crossed. However, he had turned away from the ball and his hand was in a 'natural' position by his side. Therefore, it wasn't a penalty :thumbsup:

I'm not sure it was in a natural position. He turned side on to the ball and his hand was away from his body and stopped the ball. Obviously the amount of debate we're having shows that it's not as clear as I thought it was but I still think it should have been a pen.

gorgie rd eh11

Chick Young's gloating about today's result and the apparent 'irony' of this statement in the light of the Hearts' performance was too much to bear.

The man is a f---ing c--kend.

He labours under the impression that he provides insight when, infact, he is the most ignorant c--- in Scottish football (or possibly Scotland).

Could anyone explain the specious argument that states Hearts are unable to comment on corruption and lying because (i) our team is s--- and (ii) we are in debt?

When he started asserting that there is no way the SFA, or anyone individual employeee, could be corrupt I had to turn off. Are there any limits to the ignorance of this tw-t? It's the Andy Davis thing all over again.

Should Hearts have publicly weighed in? Probably not.

The likes of chick are the main problem with scottish football. Totally clueless old firm puppet scared to say anything that might upset celtic or rangers, if chick disagrees then we must be doing something right.

Hagar the Horrible

He made many glaring basic errors, including not making the defender leave the field of play after treatment.

If the keeper and also an outfield player both require treatment at the same time, then neither player is required to leave the field of play, that would include their keeper and one of our players or even one of more of their own. basic rules the ref got spot on twice in the same game.

On to the Fed statement he is spot on, I notice Dallas has denied the linesman statement, that makes one of them a liar, and I tend to believe the linesmans account, so where now for that cheat Dallas. he knew what he was doing and how many times have Rangers been helped by his so called quality refereeing. Anybody who was at the Davis game will never accept that there is nothing wrong with our game. But what gets me even if we were all wrong and there is noithing wrong with our game. then the perception is very real and nothing upon nothing is being done to address that, and that is what is killing our game, how many times have you heard whats the point in going to Ibrox even if you play the best the ref will never give you anything anyway. Its the same for home games too and every team has the same perception. so if we are just all paranoid then fine, but I take you back to the davisgate game. I have heard so many times that the SFA are worth about 20 points a season to the OF. there are various forms of corruption, ours is the worst. Still the Fed statement gives the SFA an out to vilify us instead of looking inwards, Milo gave the SFA an out that time to, we need to hire Celtics PR machine, and learn to play the victims more.

Hugh dallas MUST GO!! :down:

That was/is the whole point of this,the linesman has spoken out because he was sick to death of dallas as are others.

A mate of mine knows a grade one refs pal,he says that most of the refs are pig sick of Dallas and that Craven was just waiting for the opportunity to stick it right up him.

As for them being corrupt,nah,it's dallas that is causing lots of bother,and Vlad should just shut it,he already made a dick of himself the last time he said that the OF run Scottish football,he had to back down and use the "lost in translation" line.

That was/is the whole point of this,the linesman has spoken out because he was sick to death of dallas as are others.

A mate of mine knows a grade one refs pal,he says that most of the refs are pig sick of Dallas and that Craven was just waiting for the opportunity to stick it right up him.

As for them being corrupt,nah,it's dallas that is causing lots of bother,and Vlad should just shut it,he already made a dick of himself the last time he said that the OF run Scottish football,he had to back down and use the "lost in translation" line.

Not sure Vlad has ever 'backed down'???

Seymour M Hersh

It wasnt the ref's errors that cost us today, far from it.

Did you effing read his first six or seven words? :verymad:

I dont recall Vlad backing down? Evidence of the GFA corruption is starting to filter out and we should be thankful of the integrity of Mr Craven even if he appears to be in the minority.

If the keeper and also an outfield player both require treatment at the same time, then neither player is required to leave the field of play, that would include their keeper and one of our players or even one of more of their own. basic rules the ref got spot on twice in the same game.

I'll put my hands up and say i've never heard of that one before (read up on it tonight after your comment). :thumbsup:

It is pretty poor that many want to hide from the problems at the SFA and are afraid of "Rocking the boat" I am delighted that the club have said this.

I am delighted that we have folk who are not afraid to say these things.

Silence is as bad as participation.

I'm behind the club 100% on this, I think this is a terrific statement and position to adopt.

It's got nothing to do with todays match - given mad Vlads previous run ins with the GFA I'm confident we'd have released this statement today win, lose or draw.

It was always going to take something instigated by one of the big two before the GFA would take an interest. Now that it's happened, it's time for the rest of the SPL clubs to "speak now or forever hold their piece".

it'll be interesting to see what the other clubs do. Hearts and Celtic have both come out strongly on this issue. If even two other SPL clubs were to lend their voices just now we could see the SFA under some serious pressure to change. For too long the rest of the clubs in Scotland have failed to back each other up as we are so busy fighting for the scraps from the Old Firm table.

The suggestion of refs being obliged to give a televised interview after the game sounds like something concrete for other clubs to back. I think fans would be keen to here why things have happened in a game. We need specific suggestions like this - it is no good just saying "you lot are s***e" as that doesn't change anything.

portobellojambo1

I have absolutely no problem with the club making a statement about the standard of refereeing/refereeing supervision in Scotland. If you ignore things they never change. However, I think, on this occasion the opening gambit might have been better limited to a brief statement, if nothing else indicating they would support any stance taken by Celtic (cannot believe I typed that).

It might have been better to wait and see what comes of this morning newspaper's article before going for the jugular, there would then have been scope to up the ante in any future communication without appearing to be rushing in at this stage.

I don't think this matter is going to disappear so there is no need to do anything hasty at this point.

It is slightly strange that this has all come to head over an incident where the correct decision was reached, but nothing has been done in relation to many incidents where wrong has been done.

Well Dallas has now joined McDonald in the firing line:

http://news.bbc.co.u...rem/9143038.stm

This is exactly what many of us have wanted to happen for years. We've always been critical of the silence from other clubs when the SFA have fired shots at Hearts for complaining so I'm delighted that Hearts are not just sitting there silently over this Celtic complaint. It was always going to need one of the OF to break ranks for the rules to change and hopefully this is it.

Have to say I'm surprised there are posters on here saying Hearts should've kept out of this...next they'll be telling me it's just a bit of human error, unintentional incompetence... and words like "lie", "bias", "whitewash" and "corruption" are all way too strong...even though these are the words the journos are now using.

I agree it's a good well piece Spellczech, but never the less there is a good chance that the GFA will bite back ( like a wounded animal ) and haul us up for supposedly bringing the game into disrepute ( how ironic would that be right now eh ! )

Heard Dung on the radio on the way home saying he's going to write in his column this week about the irony :whistling: Claims the refs in our country are 100% NOT corrupt.When Richard Gordon replies 'i give you Tannadice 2 weeks ago'Did he not read the papers today.

When it was read out that Newcastle were beating Sunderland 3-0 Dung dives right in and asks if Gordon is in the goals : :angry:

RoussetsShorts

Takes me back to 2007 = Romanov said: 'Celtic and Rangers? Even Kaunas are a match for them on the pitch.

'They have turned football into a type of showbusiness with their underhand games.

'They buy off players and referees. When it comes to weaker teams then nobody can help.

'But if two opponents are equally matched then the referees can have a real influence on the outcome.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/37491-old-firm-buy-off-refs-romanov#ixzz13yl5Oe61

scottish_chicP

It is pretty poor that many want to hide from the problems at the SFA and are afraid of "Rocking the boat" I am delighted that the club have said this.

I totally agree with this. Glad the club have spoken out about this. I fear nothing will change but we can wait and see I guess.

great timing from hearts, i think they have been waiting their chance to highlight the fact that we have the most corrupt league in the world .

our match officials are both biased and terrified to make a decision against the old firm from fear of being attacked by the media or worse by deranged old firm fans. i just wish ALL hearts fans would back vlad and the club for standing up against the corruption in scottish football.

The Treasurer

Why the **** are we wading into this?

:facepalm:

Because as a member club of the gFA, these events have a direct impact on our club.

It's not HMFC or Fedatovas's fault that no-one else in Scottish football actually has the balls to stand up and tell it like it is.

Did you effing read his first six or seven words? :verymad:

I was actually agreeing with you but now that I read it back it dosent quite appear that way.

And language Seymour!

Cant believe the ref or linesman never gave the penalty. It was clear handball from the left back with his hand out to his side.

Also Suso was brought down on the edge of the box and never got a freekick....but he was booked for complaining. Ridiculous.

I didn't think it was a penalty because the ball was driven at him from close range and the boys arm was by his side.

For the Suso one the Killie player clearly got the ball so not a freekick.

Most of the abuse for the ref yesterday stemmed from him not acting on their keepers' time wasting at goal kicks but he can take the kick form anywhere inside the 6 yard box so was only using the rules to his advantage.

The reason we got beat was because we were murder and Killie did not play like a bottom of the table team.

Guest vanbasten1874

Hearts call for increased accountability for referees

Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) today called for more accountability for referees.

Board director Sergejus Fedotovas said: "I would not like to comment on any specific situation in the game in Scotland, but I would like to suggest that the refereeing standards need to go up significantly.

"If there is poor performance on the park by players it does not mean that the referee needs to match that level.

"Referees need to come out after the game and comment and explain their decisions. Refereeing is a big part of the game and people want to see high standards, hear the reasons behind decisions and gain clarification. Human error is part of the game, but it should be in minimal proportion.

"There is no place for a high proportion of human error meaning low standards - it can easily be a cover for bias and match fixing.

"If the Scottish FA is interested in showing there is no bias and minimizing the risk of match fixing the organisation needs to continue working to improve refereeing standards, by implementing the best practices available in the world and being innovative to insure that the Scottish game is not a place for reputation damaging situations.

"And there should be no double standards - all clubs need to be treated equally, not just those that dominate the game. I do not remember any other situation where referees have been so strictly cautioned when it involved any other club outside the Old Firm.

"In an era where players, managers and clubs are suspended or fined heavily for their actions on the pitch, it will leave a bitter taste in the mouths of every honest employee and supporter of football clubs around the country that match officials could act as deceptively as has been reported.

"It is time that the Scottish FA implements a proper system of accountability otherwise the integrity of our game will be further diluted by future incidents. How long might it be before attempts by a referee to verbally engineer a situation to suit his own purposes spills into a referee actively engineering situations through actions rather than words? Only a fool would say 'That could never happen'.

"However it is also crucial that our referees are helped in every way possible. In addition to the actual support that a proper system of accountability would provide for them, they should be encouraged to be transparent in their actions.

"When players and managers are interviewed in the minutes after a game, referees should also be given the opportunity to explain decisions to supporters.

"We would also urge the Scottish FA to continue its lobbying in world football for the implementation of video technology. We appreciate this is a wider issue but it has to be adopted in time otherwise the spotlight will remain on the officials as much as the players and managers.

"Until then, honesty amongst our match officials remains paramount to the game. Those officials that fail that basic character trait should realise that the football pitches of Scotland are no place for them. High standards and not double standards - this is what we need to raise the game to a higher level."

Fantastic statement by Feds NAIL ON TH ******* HEAD my son .

alwaysthereinspirit

We should have just sat back, said nothing and let the untouchables deal with it.

There was no need for us to get involved and start throwing acusations about.

I disagree. I would love for the other teams to take our statement and send it to the SFA with their own club headed note paper with one word written on it.

THIS.

Francis Albert

How about some increased accountability for managers and players? :angry:

Managers get sacked, sometimes after as few as half a dozen bad performances. Players failing to perform get dropped or are publicly humiliated by being hauled off and substituted.

What annoys me more than the mistakes, which of course always happen, is the type of referee who seems to get on in the Scottish game - the ones that seem to think they are an important part of the spectacle and have to make an impression on the game. The ones who rather than have a quiet word in a players ear calls them over dramatically to lecture them (the victims being chosen seemingly at random, perhaps when the ref feels he's not had a chance to make an impression recently). I suppose that with Dallas in charge the breeding of these Dallas-clones is not surprising.

Horatio Caine

Heard Dung on the radio on the way home saying he's going to write in his column this week about the irony :whistling: Claims the refs in our country are 100% NOT corrupt.When Richard Gordon replies 'i give you Tannadice 2 weeks ago'Did he not read the papers today.

When it was read out that Newcastle were beating Sunderland 3-0 Dung dives right in and asks if Gordon is in the goals : :angry:

Yep - I heard this as well and could hardly believe my ears, even although it was Dung that was speaking.

What has Craig Gordon got to do with any of this?

Dung has become obsessed with berating Hearts of late - I think he's still smarting from the ripping Robbo gave him during the St Midden match. He didn't sound a happy camper then.

Am I the only one that thinks this statement is just Hearts testing the water? Over the last week or so, Celtic have said the same thing, if not worse, and have avoided a fine.

If we do get fined I can see it kicking off between the club and the SFA.

On the contraryt ; to me HMF are quite rightly , clearly & politely telling the SFA , 'next time we get fined because of unfair red cards etc from your crap officals , there is going to be trouble as it's quite clear the OF get preferential treatment in situations like this'.

The statement about non OF clubs makes that very clear , IMO.

ROMANOV FAN CLUB

I think Serg has the right to ask questions of the referees and SFA when we had the Stewart penalty incident, it did not lead to a investigation we got told as in this case the officials got it right

The fact one of the top refs has admitted to covering up and is so blazie about I only told a white lie, he should take the same stance as his linesman and resign from the game or the SFA should issue a code of conduct book to supporters to tell us what is a white lie and what is seen as falsification of reports

On a positive and as our refs are so honest why not tape what is said through their ear pieces and allow the SFA to listen to them if required, surely this would be a great help to training and better understanding the pressures on a ref and why individuals make calls for the better of the game

Surely the SFA could go on a recuritment drive for more linesmen and introduce another 2 to the game instead of video technology as FIFA are stalling on that one

Also for the ref in question to remark his lie was no more than that any father would tell their kids about Santa Claus shows the morals of the man, has he never watched Miracle On 34th Street ? We believe more in Father Christmas than you as a fair and honest referee

The fact is neither official needed to say anything but the trueth in this as they did get the decission right and no matter how they made it, they should never had told anything but the trueth as the trueth shows we require better training for our officials and that lies directly at the SFA's door

Personally, for every match, the match report, recording of what the refs said to each other should all be posted online, for everyone to see. I dont see anyhing wrong with this and it would keep everyone from moaning, becuase the SFA dont tell any lies right? It is also an oppertunity for everyone to see the explanation of a decision from the ref, meaning he doesnt need to get pulled into interview rooms ect.

although, theres nothing stopping them altering the documents before they go online....

AlphonseCapone

Well Dallas has now joined McDonald in the firing line:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9143038.stm

This is exactly what many of us have wanted to happen for years. We've always been critical of the silence from other clubs when the SFA have fired shots at Hearts for complaining so I'm delighted that Hearts are not just sitting there silently over this Celtic complaint. It was always going to need one of the OF to break ranks for the rules to change and hopefully this is it.

Have to say I'm surprised there are posters on here saying Hearts should've kept out of this...next they'll be telling me it's just a bit of human error, unintentional incompetence... and words like "lie", "bias", "whitewash" and "corruption" are all way too strong...even though these are the words the journos are now using.

I agree 100%. We are the first to complain about other clubs not having the balls to say something, and i'm delighted we have in this case. Heart of Midlothian never ever panders to the status quo and this is another example of such, makes me unbelievably proud every time.

And as others have said, saying nothing is what has got Scottish football in this mess. If we get in trouble for this then it will again highlight unfair treatment.

Archived