Hearts call for increased accountability for referees

ritchies75

Hearts call for increased accountability for referees

Heart of Midlothian Football Club (Hearts) today called for more accountability for referees.

Board director Sergejus Fedotovas said: "I would not like to comment on any specific situation in the game in Scotland, but I would like to suggest that the refereeing standards need to go up significantly.

"If there is poor performance on the park by players it does not mean that the referee needs to match that level.

"Referees need to come out after the game and comment and explain their decisions. Refereeing is a big part of the game and people want to see high standards, hear the reasons behind decisions and gain clarification. Human error is part of the game, but it should be in minimal proportion.

"There is no place for a high proportion of human error meaning low standards - it can easily be a cover for bias and match fixing.

"If the Scottish FA is interested in showing there is no bias and minimizing the risk of match fixing the organisation needs to continue working to improve refereeing standards, by implementing the best practices available in the world and being innovative to insure that the Scottish game is not a place for reputation damaging situations.

"And there should be no double standards - all clubs need to be treated equally, not just those that dominate the game. I do not remember any other situation where referees have been so strictly cautioned when it involved any other club outside the Old Firm.

"In an era where players, managers and clubs are suspended or fined heavily for their actions on the pitch, it will leave a bitter taste in the mouths of every honest employee and supporter of football clubs around the country that match officials could act as deceptively as has been reported.

"It is time that the Scottish FA implements a proper system of accountability otherwise the integrity of our game will be further diluted by future incidents. How long might it be before attempts by a referee to verbally engineer a situation to suit his own purposes spills into a referee actively engineering situations through actions rather than words? Only a fool would say 'That could never happen'.

"However it is also crucial that our referees are helped in every way possible. In addition to the actual support that a proper system of accountability would provide for them, they should be encouraged to be transparent in their actions.

"When players and managers are interviewed in the minutes after a game, referees should also be given the opportunity to explain decisions to supporters.

"We would also urge the Scottish FA to continue its lobbying in world football for the implementation of video technology. We appreciate this is a wider issue but it has to be adopted in time otherwise the spotlight will remain on the officials as much as the players and managers.

"Until then, honesty amongst our match officials remains paramount to the game. Those officials that fail that basic character trait should realise that the football pitches of Scotland are no place for them. High standards and not double standards - this is what we need to raise the game to a higher level."

If the Scottish FA is interested in showing there is no bias and minimizing the risk of match fixing

That remark is going to land us in hot water :verymad:

We should have just sat back, said nothing and let the untouchables deal with it.

There was no need for us to get involved and start throwing acusations about.

Well said Fed

But we will end up with a fine for this even though it is common sense.

It is how the GFA works.

Chick Young's gloating about today's result and the apparent 'irony' of this statement in the light of the Hearts' performance was too much to bear.

The man is a f---ing c--kend.

He labours under the impression that he provides insight when, infact, he is the most ignorant c--- in Scottish football (or possibly Scotland).

Could anyone explain the specious argument that states Hearts are unable to comment on corruption and lying because (i) our team is s--- and (ii) we are in debt?

When he started asserting that there is no way the SFA, or anyone individual employeee, could be corrupt I had to turn off. Are there any limits to the ignorance of this tw-t? It's the Andy Davis thing all over again.

Should Hearts have publicly weighed in? Probably not.

J.T.F.Robertson

How about some increased accountability for managers and players? :angry:

This would be my preference, also.

If the Scottish FA is interested in showing there is no bias and minimizing the risk of match fixing

It's very carefully written piece much of it that I agree with - I've spent the last couple of home matches questioning my attendance at games when the standards are so poor, and yet again we saw that today.

This particular comment (the latter part) is close to the bone - but it is logically the next stage of reasoning, and Sergei calls it like it is.

Chick Young's gloating about today's result and the apparent 'irony' of this statement in the light of the Hearts' performance was too much to bear.

The man is a f---ing c--kend.

He labours under the impression that he provides insight when, infact, he is the most ignorant c--- in Scottish football (or possibly Scotland).

Could anyone explain the specious argument that states Hearts are unable to comment on corruption and lying because (i) our team is s--- and (ii) we are in debt?

When he started asserting that there is no way the SFA, or anyone individual employeee, could be corrupt I had to turn off. Are there any limits to the ignorance of this tw-t? It's the Andy Davis thing all over again.

Should Hearts have publicly weighed in? Probably not.

You said it... we just gave that little bald ***** all the ammo he needed to sound off.

I have always switched of when that little welt is on... the guy is a ******* stroker of the highest order... why he is still employed is beyond me... must be because he is the OF's plaything.

Whilst not to blame for our performance/result today, the referee today made so many basic errors.

He made one glaring error in not awarding a penalty at 1-0. The left back's hand blocked the cross, clear penalty for me.

Doesn't change the fact we were absolute horseshit unfortunately.

He made one glaring error in not awarding a penalty at 1-0. The left back's hand blocked the cross, clear penalty for me.

He made many glaring basic errors, including not making the defender leave the field of play after treatment.

He made many glaring basic errors, including not making the defender leave the field of play after treatment.

According to the man from Sky as it was 2 players from the same team they didn't need to leave the field. A ridiculous rule change if true but they seemed to know more about it than I did.

"And there should be no double standards - all clubs need to be treated equally, not just those that dominate the game. I do not remember any other situation where referees have been so strictly cautioned when it involved any other club outside the Old Firm.

The key paragraph IMO.

Well said Serg and the club.

It's all basically Vlad saying...I TOLD YOU SO.....

We have heard far too often that there is no dishonesty or corruption in the Scottish game, yet , lo and behold we have a "Top" referee admitting that he lied.

Scottish football is rife with dishonesty and corruption, we all know it, they know it but rely on it to perpetuate their careers.

Wee Vlad Knew :-)

Rod.

According to the man from Sky as it was 2 players from the same team they didn't need to leave the field. A ridiculous rule change if true but they seemed to know more about it than I did.

Never heard the rule before, but then again i hadn't heard about the rule where you get a free kick when the goalie clashes with his own defender.

Strongly and cleverly written IMO. Just making waffley comments would be pointless. This is an intelligent man's reiteration of what Vlad tends to say in a rather more boorish way.

Well done Serj!!!

Why the **** are we wading into this?

:facepalm:

Because we (Vlad) just cant help ourselves.

Let the uglies deal with it.

Never heard the rule before, but then again i hadn't heard about the rule where you get a free kick when the goalie clashes with his own defender.

Neither had I, I'd be surprised if anyone had tbh.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Not an error. It wasn't a penalty.

I thought it was. His hand blocked the cross coming in. That's a penalty in my book.

scots civil war

its a brave statement and mantle to carry but **** it,one of the clubs in this nation has to strike while the iron is hot

in this meltdown....

and dont get me started on chick ******* dung,he is surely the antichrist of jock footie

he is the link between the weedgie cronies and the media,whom broadcast to us........

i would love this too familiar,grating arsepiece to do one bigstyle......

Cant believe the ref or linesman never gave the penalty. It was clear handball from the left back with his hand out to his side.

Also Suso was brought down on the edge of the box and never got a freekick....but he was booked for complaining. Ridiculous.

Never a penalty. Whilst it hit his arm, he did have his back to the ball and his arm down by his side.

Kalamazoo Jambo

Never a penalty. Whilst it hit his arm, he did have his back to the ball and his arm down by his side.

Exactly.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Well said Serg.

As he is the voice of the support and the support agree with everything he has said I can't really see why anybody should be getting their knickers in a twist.

If we get fined, so what.

Vlad will pay up like all the other times..............:thumbsup:

Am I the only one that thinks this statement is just Hearts testing the water? Over the last week or so, Celtic have said the same thing, if not worse, and have avoided a fine.

If we do get fined I can see it kicking off between the club and the SFA.

Konrad von Carstein

The easy thing would be for the Club to sit back and say nothing, in my opinion we are correct to say something. Especially in the measured tones of this statement.

This also allows us to "benchmark" the SFA/SPL reaction to our comments versus the public utterances and 30 or so letters from gcfc and take things further if the response is disproportionate.

This could work in favour of those who want a level playing field, with the added bonus of celtic (in particular) being hoisted by their own petard.

I bet Romanov is secretly delighted that this corruption has come to light,as Hugh dallas has always been quick to slate us and romanov in particular.

Im kinda hoping that romanov will come out and say something now.If lennon can make little digs at the refs without consequence then romanov shouldnt have any bother.

Ive been embarassed by romanovs rants in the past but now i would back him 100%. :evil:

I bet Romanov is secretly delighted that this corruption has come to light,as Hugh dallas has always been quick to slate us and romanov in particular.

Im kinda hoping that romanov will come out and say something now.If lennon can make little digs at the refs without consequence then romanov shouldnt have any bother.

Ive been embarassed by romanovs rants in the past but now i would back him 100%. :evil:

Well Dallas has now joined McDonald in the firing line:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/9143038.stm

This is exactly what many of us have wanted to happen for years. We've always been critical of the silence from other clubs when the SFA have fired shots at Hearts for complaining so I'm delighted that Hearts are not just sitting there silently over this Celtic complaint. It was always going to need one of the OF to break ranks for the rules to change and hopefully this is it.

Have to say I'm surprised there are posters on here saying Hearts should've kept out of this...next they'll be telling me it's just a bit of human error, unintentional incompetence... and words like "lie", "bias", "whitewash" and "corruption" are all way too strong...even though these are the words the journos are now using.

Whilst not to blame for our performance/result today, the referee today made so many basic errors.

It wasnt the ref's errors that cost us today, far from it.

Doctor FinnBarr

How much time was added at the end of the game? Left after the 3rd goal.

When the keeper 1st wasted time during the 2nd half the ref pointed to his watch, when he did it again the ref ignored it and really should have told the keeper he was untouchable, There was at least a booking needed for the fud!

:verymad:

Thunderstruck

It had to be said and well done Hearts for doing so.

It is galling that Vlad has said this for several years but it takes a non-event involving one of the uglies for the boil to be lanced.

I have yet to be convinced that Davis-gate or 1 Jan 06 was simple incompetence and not corruption but we will never know for sure as, surprise, surprise, no investigation of refereeing followed those events.

I cannot WAIT to see the responce to this.

Personally, Hearts did the right thing by not naming any names, and for not directly saying there was corruption.

They said the standrard needs to improve, in order to rule out any claims that could be made. Nothing wrong with that IMO

The Scottish game is corrupt to the core, I back the club 100% with this and if the GFA try and and fine us take them straight to court after some of the comments both half of the old firm have got away with over the past few years.

Commander Harris

Absolutely delighted with this statement. ?Excellent stuff from Mr. Fedotovas. ?

totally agree with the clubs statement,our referees are the worst in europe almost as bad as our national team,if we get fined we should take it through the courts.

Doctor FinnBarr

The Scottish game is corrupt to the core, I back the club 100% with this and if the GFA try and and fine us take them straight to court after some of the comments both half of the old firm have got away with over the past few years.

THIS 100%

:thumbsup:

His hand stopped the ball from being crossed so its a penalty.

Also it didn't look like a free kick which led to their opener.

All that doesn't take away the fact we were rubbish.

Kalamazoo Jambo

His hand stopped the ball from being crossed so its a penalty.

His hand stopped the ball from being crossed. However, he had turned away from the ball and his hand was in a 'natural' position by his side. Therefore, it wasn't a penalty :thumbsup:

His hand stopped the ball from being crossed. However, he had turned away from the ball and his hand was in a 'natural' position by his side. Therefore, it wasn't a penalty :thumbsup:

I'll have to see it again to really argue the case. :thumbsup:

Lets agree to disagree at the moment.

Archived