under 19s k.o. time away to hibs tomorrow?

thomaswilson7

does anyone know?

It is indeed a 12 noon ko,a couple of the guys at work sons play for the Hibs

Is anyone going up? Fancy cycling up, does anyone have directions once I get to Ormiston?

You won't need directions, the rancid smell will guide you. yucky.gif

Nucky Thompson

Is anyone going up? Fancy cycling up, does anyone have directions once I get to Ormiston?

Just look for a big green cow shed in a farmers field.

You won't need directions, the rancid smell will guide you. yucky.gif

It is Ormiston though. The whole place will be reaking of inbreadness anyway!

Footballfirst

Go through Tranent taking the right fork in the road towards Ormiston. Just over a mile into the countryside you may see some green farm buildings/barns over to your left. Thats their Academy. The entrance is close to the bottom of a gentle hill and is marked with a very small HTC sign on the left side of the road. If you get as far as Ormiston itself you have gone too far. There is parking available but it can get a bit busy if there are a few games on.

Go through Tranent taking the right fork in the road towards Ormiston. Just over a mile into the countryside you may see some green farm buildings/barns over to your left. Thats their Academy. The entrance is close to the bottom of a gentle hill and is marked with a very small HTC sign on the left side of the road. If you get as far as Ormiston itself you have gone too far. There is parking

available but it can get a bit busy if there are a few games on.

Thanks, as I say will probably cycle up anyway so parking should be fine!

jamboinglasgow

0-2 Hearts

Scott Robinson (Pum)

good to hear he scores on his return from injury. It will be interesting to see the line-up with him in it to see who has been dropped.

Say What Again

Oh go on then, just one more.

0-3 Hearts.

Not sure of the scorer. my mate thinks he's being called 'Div' (or something like that) and is playing wide left.

JiG, any ideas?

Conveyor belt has malfunctioned and has been put out of action for the forseeable.

Traded-in for a conveyorbelt of shite :thumb:

Well done to the 'Big Physical Team', always very satisfying humping them at any level. thumbsup.gif

Hopefully a preview to next weeks game.

Well done to the young uns

Just back from a sunny,cold & windy Ormiston.Only one team in it from start to finish,hearts were hungrier,kept possesion and were far better orgainised. Darren Murray had every player knowing exactly what to do,where to be and wanting the ball. Big Dennis took his free kicks very well(1st &4th goals) Ogleby played well and laid one on for Robinson (2nd)The 3rd was a clever shot from the edge of the box,i thought it was Jordan ??,our number 7 but will stand corrected!!A great team performance but top men in my opinion were Big Dennis & Wee Jason Holt !!

Footballfirst

Good performance from the lads today in a game they became progressively more dominant.

Pum made his return to the side following his hamstring injury and after a quiet first half became one of the more influential in the 2nd half, before being subbed after the 4th goal

Hearts line-up

Fairley

Mullen McCormack Hamilton McHattie

Morton (Patterson) Holt Prychnenko Robinson (Hill) Smith

Ogleby

Hearts edged the 1st half in which there were relatively few chances. Hearts went ahead after 8 minutes with a trademark 25 yard free kick from Prychynenko, almist identical to last week's effort against Motherwell. He then proceded to test the keeper again, this time from 35 yards that the keeper pushed away for a corner. Hearts next effort at goal was a stinging effort from Dave Smith from which the keeper made a good save.

The second goal came after 38minutes when Morton released Ogleby down the right and his cross was met at the back post on the half-volley from Robinson who gave the keeper no chance from 8 yards out. Hibs only real effort of the half came on 45 minutes from a Scott Smith free kick that Fairley held comfortably.

The second half saw Hibs push 2 then 3 up front, but Hearts started linking their play well and passed the ball better. It was no surprise when the 3rd goal came from Smith after 59 mins when McHattie set him up 10 yards out with a good cut back from the bye line. Hearts then really started to dominate possession through Holt, Robinson and Prychynenko and Hibs resorted to some hefty challenges (Hibs won the yellow card count 3-0).

Hibs did get the ball in the net midway through the 2nd half but it was ruled offside.

Prychynenko gave the Hibs defence another warning from a free kick that left a Hibs defender clutching his ribs for the next five minutes. When Robinson was fouled 25 yards out after 85 minutes. Denys stepped up once again, this time with a cracking strike into the postage stamp.

Hearts made a couple of late chances but the 4-0 result was well deserved. Best for Hearts were the two central defenders in the first half and the midfield three in the second. I'll give my MOTM to Denys for his two goals, but Jamie McCormack ran him a close 2nd for being rock solid at the back.

A word of praise for the ref (Michael Banks) who I thought handled the game well and kept talking to the players throughout.

FTH - even at U19 level. Seems like the filthy Leithers left their flair in the changing room. :rolleyes:

Well done to the young team. :thumbsup:

Great report FootballFirst, looking forward to a few of these laddies stepping up in a year or two, Prychynenko sounds an exciting player from prior reports.

Good win for the Wee Jambos - same next week please Hearts.

Footballfirst

JJ was watching today's game and I can see Prychynenko making an appearance on the bench before too long. Even a fleeting appearance tomorrow would be a good reward for the lad.

Good to see other players making the effort to lend their support and to watch the game too, including J Stewart, D Thomson, C Thomson, in addition the the rest of the U19s (some of whom are on loan) and some U17s.

really good performance from us - JJ down watching them, and they stepped up to the plate!

A bit of showboating towards to the end of the game when folks were trying for world cup goals was fun, but I'd probably rather have seen us put another couple in the net, but cannae really complain about winning 4-0!!!

Footballfirst

The U19s moved to the top of the U19 table on goal difference with today's result, although both Rangers & Celtic have games in hand.

I have posted some photographs from today's game on the HYDC site. http://www.hydc.co.uk/u19s.html

The U19s next game will be in the SFA Youth Cup at home to Dundee United next Saturday at 1pm. The game is being played at Tynecastle.

The U19s moved to the top of the U19 table on goal difference with today's result, although both Rangers & Celtic have games in hand.

I have posted some photographs from today's game on the HYDC site. http://www.hydc.co.uk/u19s.html

The U19s next game will be in the SFA Youth Cup at home to Dundee United next Saturday at 1pm. The game is being played at Tynecastle.

That should be widely advertised and pushed to get a good crowd in. Could be the prelude to a great weekends footie.

jamboinglasgow

How many is Denys on for the season now? He seems to score a free kick per game!

I make that 7 goals, of which 5 are free kicks (St Mirren, ICT, Motherwell and 2 against Hibs) and 2 are penalties (ICT and Motherwell.)

Footballfirst

U19 Top Scorers (Competitive Games)

Prychynenko 7

Morton 3

Walker 3

Ogleby 3

Patterson 2

Smith 2

Hill 1

Holt 1

McHattie 1

Robinson1

Total 24

jamboinglasgow

good to hear the game is on a Saturday rather than a Sunday (as it would be a major clash with another certain match.)

How was Denis apart from his goals? Would be interesting to see him on the bench tomorrow as a reward for his playing, last week someone mentioned Craig Thomson was only on the bench due to them needing another under 21 player.

How did wee Scott look coming back? Did the midfield 3 look better then last week with him in it (nothing against David Smith as I thought he did well there as well.)

Archived