Mrowiec

scott_jambo

Really ?

Looking at the starting line-up from Saturday I think there was only 2 players who have not make your notorious 'not a footballer ' list ! It's all about opinions !

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say Mroweic has been more impressive at CM this season than Jonsson has during his outings in his 'natural' position.

When we are playing at home we could use someone a little more creative to partner Adrian at CM.

I would say Mroweic has been more impressive at CM this season than Jonsson has during his outings in his 'natural' position.

When we are playing at home we could use someone a little more creative to partner Adrian at CM.

agree in principal but hard to think of anyone except rudi maybe?

agree in principal but hard to think of anyone except rudi maybe?

Against St Mirren:

Templeton Rudi Mroweic Suso

Mrowiec was hard as nails on Saturday.

Said this before on another thread a while ago but I had this patient a while ago who played top flight football in Poland for about 10 years and now lives in Scotland. He was a team mate of Mrowiec and said that he was without doubt the funniest and most mental guy he'd ever met in football. He also said that Klimek wasn't as bad as I said he was so make what you want of his comments.

Always stuck by the belief that players deserve decent time to settle and prove themselves. Unfortunately, many don't see that and write players off if they don't produce almost instantly. Shortsighted stuff imo.

:mellow:

Fairly bizarre comment. There were a fair few people who weren't impressed with adrian's signing, but equally there were a lot of people who thought he was a good signing, and a lot who didn't feel too strongly either way. So far, so easy to understand.

So why bring Beniusis and witteveen into it? What does that achieve?

I would have thought the point was obvious. I was trying to point out that we are all too quick to judge players. Mrowiec was deemed a Vlad signing and therefore crap by a fair few on here. My point is that he is far from the first player to prove us wrong. And I include myself in that 'us' statement too, I have slaughtered a fair few players on here only to be proved wrong, C Elliott and Zaliukas spring to mind, Calum is doing fantastic this season, I stated quite categorically on many an occasion on here that he is 3rd division standard at best - I was wrong, sorry Calum, I thought big Zal was a liability, and said so on here many a time but we are most definately more fragile defensively without him, so I was wrong - sorry Zal. The list is endless, what about the 'Spanish waiter' who's 'never a player', he's making everyone who slated him eat their words week in week out. All I was trying to do is say that Adrian was another who we thought was crap, but guess what, he's actually a (very) good player.

The People's Chimp

:mellow:

I would have thought the point was obvious. I was trying to point out that we are all too quick to judge players. Mrowiec was deemed a Vlad signing and therefore crap by a fair few on here. My point is that he is far from the first player to prove us wrong. And I include myself in that 'us' statement too, I have slaughtered a fair few players on here only to be proved wrong, C Elliott and Zaliukas spring to mind, Calum is doing fantastic this season, I stated quite categorically on many an occasion on here that he is 3rd division standard at best - I was wrong, sorry Calum, I thought big Zal was a liability, and said so on here many a time but we are most definately more fragile defensively without him, so I was wrong - sorry Zal. The list is endless, what about the 'Spanish waiter' who's 'never a player', he's making everyone who slated him eat their words week in week out. All I was trying to do is say that Adrian was another who we thought was crap, but guess what, he's actually a (very) good player.

I don't think your point was fairly simple, seemed more a bit of low level trolling by bringing up honking signings from the shadow years 2006-2008 more than anything else. If you wanted to talk about players not getting time then your current examples - Zal, Suso and Calum fit the bill. You should have brought them up instead of beni and the witt.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Looking at the starting line-up from Saturday I think there was only 2 players who have not make your notorious 'not a footballer ' list ! It's all about opinions !

:lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Always stuck by the belief that players deserve decent time to settle and prove themselves. Unfortunately, many don't see that and write players off if they don't produce almost instantly. Shortsighted stuff imo.

Definitely.

*Suso: "silky-Suso", "deck-chair attendant", "Spanish waiter" etc = Man of the match.

*Elliot: "Found his level", "first division player", "not Hearts standard" = Joint top goal scorer and crossed perfectly for the goal from Kyle.

*Kyle: "Lucky to get a third of a season out of him", "Unfit", "never impressed at Killie" = Joint top goal-scorer, strong and unselfish target man.

*Skacel: "Only get one half out of him", terrible for second half of season", "past it" = Scores in his first start and has been playing brilliantly, only player to put his foot on the ball in our first team.

The list goes on but i won't bother for now, see also Zali, Mrowiec, Kello, Wallace, etc, etc, etc, etc..........

In a summer where we signed a half decent striker for the first time in god knows how long and sealed the return of a former fans favourite and cup winner, big Adrien is probably my signing of the season thus far.

I think that shows how well he's playing.

Sorry to say, but although Adrian gives 110% every game i wouldn't say he's a particularly good footballer at all. Just MEH.

Guest jambomickey

Sorry to say, but although Adrian gives 110% every game i wouldn't say he's a particularly good footballer at all. Just MEH.

agree with that, he's average at best.

J.T.F.Robertson

He was destinctly above average against Rangers, our best player by far that day, imo.

He was destinctly above average against Rangers, our best player by far that day, imo.

He was above average versus the dons too.

Jonsson is having to adapt to the position where he was so consistently good during the horrific season of 07-08. And that he's not played there for about a year. But lets just crucify him regardless.

Mad Vlad faceless extra GTF etc.

I didn't think that signing him was a priority (still don't think it was) but he has done well for us this season. Well done Mrowiec.:thumbsup:

Jonsson is having to adapt to the position where he was so consistently good during the horrific season of 07-08. And that he's not played there for about a year. But lets just crucify him regardless.

Mad Vlad faceless extra GTF etc.

Are you on the right thread. Just read through and can't see jonsson mentioned, let alone crucified.

Good player.

Those who can't or won't see that have an agenda or are the type that require velcro fastenings on their shoes.

Wasn't very impressed when we signed him but certainly against Motherwell and Rangers he was one of our better performers.

Can't get carried away like others but hope he can continue in decent form.

rudi must stay

totally agree. Average footballer, it's a very average league though..

J.T.F.Robertson

"distinctly".

I hate that.dry.gif

Mrowiec is my new favourite player. He was brilliant on Saturday, and has been extremely impressive in every game he's played this season.

He'll still have his haters, but they can go fling shite at themselves tbh.

He reminds me of Le Judge viva le France, he could sit nicely above the back 4, with Rudi just in front :thumbsup:

Before someone points out the obvious, I know that my username has been mispeld but I can't change it from my phone.

The dude could be the new salvatori and I loved that guy. Hope he can form a partnership with Johnson this season.

jamboinglasgow

Mrowiec was hard as nails on Saturday.

Said this before on another thread a while ago but I had this patient a while ago who played top flight football in Poland for about 10 years and now lives in Scotland. He was a team mate of Mrowiec and said that he was without doubt the funniest and most mental guy he'd ever met in football. He also said that Klimek wasn't as bad as I said he was so make what you want of his comments.

Think most people base Klimek's ability on the fact that he never played. Be interesting to see who is more mental, Adrian or Marius?

The Treasurer

In the recent season's when we've been more successful (ie 98, 06, 09) we've always had a strong DM in the team , Salvatori, Breillier, Karapidis.

Whether Mrowiec is the next in that list is too early to tell but it's clearly a key (if unsung) position if we are to have a good season

In the recent season's when we've been more successful (ie 98, 06, 09) we've always had a strong DM in the team , Salvatori, Breillier, Karapidis.

Whether Mrowiec is the next in that list is too early to tell but it's clearly a key (if unsung) position if we are to have a good season

Good observation.

Mrowiec is certainly strong, he has decent pace, he's got a good build, he's got an excellent work rate and is good in the tackle and the air.

If he keeps his passing simple and accurate, he could have an excellent season.

Snake Plissken

I've liked him since I saw him boss the midfield against United two years ago.

Mojo gets the Teenwolf deal of approval.

:thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Tiberius Stinkfinger

Jambomickey sure knows his football onions right enough....:whistling:

He was immense yesterday.

The guy has pace, power, energy and is fierce in the tackle.

An excellent defensive midfielder and an integral part of our team.

He is fast becomg one of my favourite players. He is like a dog with a bone and reminds me a bit of the scandinavian midfielder we had a number of years ago whos name is on the tip of my tongue but cant quite rememeber!

J.T.F.Robertson

He is fast becomg one of my favourite players. He is like a dog with a bone and reminds me a bit of the scandinavian midfielder we had a number of years ago whos name is on the tip of my tongue but cant quite rememeber!

Gronlund??

Gronlund - Legend. :thumbsup:

Thats the one, I just remebered his name as you said it. I think he is quite like Gronlund, never wanting to let a man past him.

He is a wee bit like Tommi G.

Tommi was ace. :thumbsup:

Loved it yesterday when he came charging up the park and the Aberdeen players got out of his way! A big powerfull guy and seldom wastes a pass. Defo an unsung hero.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I don't like his support of the 'grass a Jambo' hotline but he does a cracking job on the pitch. He could still improve on his distribution though if I'm being picky. :thumbsup:

The People's Chimp

I don't like his support of the 'grass a Jambo' hotline but he does a cracking job on the pitch. He could still improve on his distribution though if I'm being picky. :thumbsup:

It was disappointing. Obviously not read "bring out your riot gear" yet.

I don't think anyone expected him to be as good as has been. He has surprised everyone and proved a few people wrong.

Quite funny reading over the old thread about him when he signed. Some folk were raging.

Albert Finney

During his first spell at the club I remember seeing him in one of his first matches (away to Falkirk?) and thinking that he had a bit of "something" about him. That said I wasn't disappointed when he left and I wasn't ecstatic about his return. Like a lot of other people I had my head turned by stories about the imminent ?500k arrival of Craig Bryson and because I had heard of Bryson I got all excited...despite the fact I had seen less of Bryson than I had of Mrowiec! This, I think, neatly explains why people like me should be ignored when expressing opinions on players...I don't really know anything! I'm sure I'm not alone! Mrowiec hasn't put a foot wrong since he returned; he works hard, he tackles, he does the simple things effectively and he is, at present, a player we couldn't cope without. I'm delighted that my lack of excitement is proof of my ignorance on what makes a footballer!

Stupid Sexy Flanders

During his first spell at the club I remember seeing him in one of his first matches (away to Falkirk?) and thinking that he had a bit of "something" about him. That said I wasn't disappointed when he left and I wasn't ecstatic about his return. Like a lot of other people I had my head turned by stories about the imminent ?500k arrival of Craig Bryson and because I had heard of Bryson I got all excited...despite the fact I had seen less of Bryson than I had of Mrowiec! This, I think, neatly explains why people like me should be ignored when expressing opinions on players...I don't really know anything! I'm sure I'm not alone! Mrowiec hasn't put a foot wrong since he returned; he works hard, he tackles, he does the simple things effectively and he is, at present, a player we couldn't cope without. I'm delighted that my lack of excitement is proof of my ignorance on what makes a footballer!

Good post, and I smiled at the bit in bold! :lol:

Albert Finney

Good post, and I smiled at the bit in bold! :lol:

Thanks for that. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only person to feel that way...although I may be the only person willing to admit it on a forum like this where opinion is king!

Have to agree - Mrowiec has played the position really well. Perhaps also relevant is the way certain players can suddenly look much improved when the pattern of play/tactics has been altered. I think Mrowiec benefits from this as does Ian Black. We seem to be keener now to get the ball wide. Less pressure on the CMs to make the killer pass. Both players know how to play the CM position they are being asked to - and each is gaining confidence. Mrowiec is sitting behind a very aware [and much improved fitness -wise]Rudi S. Black doesn't have to cover for a central midfielder dragged out of position and Steven E does a barrowload of work closing down up front making the midfielders job a little less arduous. Also - most of the players seem happy!

Others have said on a different thread - feels like 86 - perhaps not quite - but lets look again early next year.

Couldnt agree more he was all over the park yesterday and puts a shift in every game Solid DMF

The Treasurer

not read through the whole thread but for me Mroweic was once again MoM.

His involvement in the 4th goal summed his attitude up perfectly for me.

He had a chance to grab a wee bit of glory for himself by taking a shot but saw team mates in better positions an chose to pass proving that his priority is what's best for the team.

The role he plays is probably the most un-glamorous one in a team but it's vital if a team is to be successful.

Archived