Well done to the lassies.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

JennytheJambo

Lesbians breeding ground IMO.

Get a life! just because women/girls play football you think they are lesbians. Does that make all male footballers Gay?

JennytheJambo

How do they find the time to play football what with all the dishes and ironing which need doing? Incredible

*Not to be taken seriously.

That's why we should applaud them, they can do the dishes, the ironing, cooking, work and play football, us women can multi-task.

JennytheJambo

A pint of bitter please. 'er indoors. Et cetera.

Women's football ain't so bad. Hibs ladies (crackhoors) used to train on the astro my team used directly after us. One night they were having a bounce game against Mussy Windsor u21s and a few of us hung around to watch it.

The Windsor, as at all age groups, were a top team at that age group and the ladies held their own against them. No doubting the lads were maybe holding back a little, not wanting to be the guy that nails a girl (ooopsie, fnar, missus and so on) but still, the girls knocked the ball around quite nicely and I was pretty happy i wasn't playing against them. A look at reent World Cups etc, would show you some pretty skillful players. Goalies are still shan though.

And before you ask, yes I did thrash myself silly that night. I really like Mussy Windsor u21s to be fair.

Anyway, I think the Hearts Women are self funded mostly - they have different sponsorship etc. I think they use our name and get a bit of access to our facilities and links within the game, but I'm not sure much else. Could be wrong - maybe one of the girls or coaches is a member on here and could set that straight....?

My daughter plays for the U13's, there is also Hearts Girls at U17 and U15 level. I am led to believe that they were funded for the strips for their first season. The Ladies have found their own sponsor which I think that the other age groups will require to do at some stage. Like any other football being male or female they need to pay for pithces, refs etc. We are not given any money by Hearts, hence the reason there has been 2 bucket collections at Tynie and we have also done a bag packing.

Archived