Farewell my son

blairdin

The EEN got it's facts wrong.

FFS, poor, poor journalism.

I was going to ask what they'd gotten wrong, Then, Like you probably, I read the comments at the bottom of the page!! :whistling:

Never read McCrae's Batallion...Started to but never finished it...Keep meaning to give it another go, One day I suppose!

Its no excuse I know, but maybe the original journo is an arts correspondent, rather than a sports, or war/history for that matter.

As I said it's not really a defence, as he should have checked it out with the writer of the play/show who i hope has HIS facts right , sloppy research though.

I was going to ask what they'd gotten wrong, Then, Like you probably, I read the comments at the bottom of the page!! :whistling:

Never read McCrae's Batallion...Started to but never finished it...Keep meaning to give it another go, One day I suppose!

As I was reading the section about the entire team, it rang a bell with me. Then obviously reading the comment at the bottom confirmed it.

I'd hoped this thread would focus less on typically shoddy evening Hobo 'journalism' and more on the project being (badly) reported.

Would be interested to know if anyone knew this project was on the go or whether Jack Alexander was consulted ?

Archived