Marian Kello - international call up?

Frankenstein Jambo.

Frankenstein Jambo.

Is he in the Slovakia squad?

I know their first team keeper is that Mucha from Everton but surely Kello has at least earned a call up on the back of his club form for us?

I know Pernis of Dundee United is slovak as well but IMO Kello has been the outstanding keeper in the SPL so far and has more right than him being in the squad..

I know their first team keeper is that Mucha from Everton but surely Kello has at least earned a call up on the back of his club form for us?

I know Pernis of Dundee United is slovak as well but IMO Kello has been the outstanding keeper in the SPL so far and has more right than him being in the squad..

I reckon he won't be far from a callup. What has held him back had probably been that he was in and out of the team last season due to injury and Csaba's pref for the balogh.

As our established no 1 and the fact Pernis is in that squad, I think he's maybe only an injury to one of the others away from his chance and then it'll be up to him to impress. Good goalie, Kello, I like.

The above is obviously all said with absolutely no knowledge of Slovakian football, nevermind the depth of their goalkeeping pool!

Frankenstein Jambo.

Is Kello a capped full internationalist?

According to Wiki, which we all know is the beast of all knowledge ,he has never been capped at any level.

I am a hypocrite here but here goes.

I support Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Scotland. I am only interested in these 2 teams. Marian Kello is without doubt in the top 2 goalies in Scotland. I don't want him to run the risk of picking up an injury playing for a team out with Hearts or Scotland.

Small minded? Yes, hypocrite? Yes. Bothered? No.

Hey, I cant be all good.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I support Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Scotland. I am only interested in these 2 teams. Marian Kello is without doubt in the top 2 goalies in Scotland. I don't want him to run the risk of picking up an injury playing for a team out with Hearts or Scotland.

Hey, I cant be all good.

Thats fine - so am I. However, should Kello become an internationaly recognised player then his sell on value goes up. While I want players of calibre at Hearts, if he keeps up his form there is no doubt he will move on to bigger things and I would like him to move on for as much as possible.

Special Agent Dale Cooper

According to Wiki, which we all know is the beast of all knowledge ,he has never been capped at any level.

If true that is surprising to say the least!

Hey, I cant be all good.

I can understand this point of view but I'd like our players to be called up for international duty at every opportunity.

They get to play for their country and it showcases the work of Hearts wherever they play and it increases their sell on value.

Only a matter of time before Kello is called up IMO.

Thats fine - so am I. However, should Kello become an internationaly recognised player then his sell on value goes up. While I want players of calibre at Hearts, if he keeps up his form there is no doubt he will move on to bigger things and I would like him to move on for as much as possible.

I can see your point but, there is also a chance he will go at the end of his contract for nowt and get a hefty wedge himself. This is Hearts were talking about, logic doesn't come into it when your trying to keep a very good goalie.

Thats fine - so am I. However, should Kello become an internationaly recognised player then his sell on value goes up.

That's the crux of the matter.

If another club were to make us a serious offer, which isn't beyond the realms of possibility if he has a good season with us, his value would be boosted by the fact that he's an international player.

I don't see anything stopping him. Mucha is a good keeper, but he's behind Howard at Everton and will have to wait to get his game. Whilst he might be a replacement for the future, it'll take a Howard ******-up to get first team football. Kello has been outstanding this season, and should that form continue he'll be on the radar of the national team, if he's not already.

If Kello is capped his value goes up but we are kidding ourselves on if he has been anything but a good shot stopper to date.

He has made some very basic errors in most games this season.

I haven't watched The arabs much this season but last season Pernis had the odd mistake but his overall positioning, decision making at cross balls, not rushing from his goal line for no reason were considerably ahead of Kello.

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's most concerning when our goalkeeper has been one of the teams best and busiest players this season

You want your strikers to be getting the man-of-the-match awards and plaudits not the keeper as only goes to show how much we are on the back-foot at times

As for Kello who has now cemented his no:1 position , he still has time to improve and get into the Slovak squad must now be part of his future ambitions in the game

Captain Lithuania

If Kello is capped his value goes up but we are kidding ourselves on if he has been anything but a good shot stopper to date.

I haven't watched The arabs much this season but last season Pernis had the odd mistake but his overall positioning, decision making at cross balls, not rushing from his goal line for no reason were considerably ahead of Kello.

:o

rudi must stay

makes sense. A few years ago under Csaba they said he was close to getting his first cap. And he hasn't even been close to their team since

Totally agree. Kello is nothing more than an average keeper who is not any better than Balogh. He has made many errors and I still dont understand how Laugherty was able to score such a lame free kick against us the other week.

blondejamtart

Totally agree. Kello is nothing more than an average keeper who is not any better than Balogh. He has made many errors and I still dont understand how Laugherty was able to score such a lame free kick against us the other week.

You have got to be kidding me - Kello is a far better keeper than Balogh, and has put in some superb, even man of the match, performances in recent games!

Dean Winchester

Oh dear. :o

Did the free kick not go under the wall?

If the wall doesn't do it's job it's very difficult for any 'keeper to save a free kick. It happens to the best, see Gerrard v van der Saar at Old Trafford a few weeks back.

Harsh on Kello there IMO.

Archived