Positives from Czech Republic v Scotland

hearts_crazy

hearts_crazy

Well we usually have one of these after a Hearts loss...........................Positives....................Aye right laugh.gif

Now I am mostly optimistic but I can honestly say that that is the first game I have ever seen that I can see no positives whatsoever. the stupidest formation ever, and players who, throughout the whole game insisted on hoofing the ball up the park to the empty space where our STRIKERS should have been You would have thought at some time they may have worked it out - ******* retards

Don't anyone try to actually post positives on this thread BTW it's clearly ironic.

ToadKiller Dog

the goal differnce wont be too massive as it might come into play as 2nd place is still possible ,at this Moment both Lithuania and Czechs will be far more positive than us .

Seymour M Hersh

For the guys who travelled there are some very very good looking women in Prague. That and the beer is still relatively cheap.

I was going to say that Lithuania were losing, but they've just equalised. Strangely, their manager has not gone with 4-6 against the World Champions.

Edit: 2-1 Spain now.

hearts_crazy

You got pissed off :whistling:

To be honest i'm more confused than pissed off. I expect Scotland to do badly, we are pish, but I expect us to at least have a ******* go. That formation was completely ludicrous. i can just about see the point maybe playing a 10 man defence against a World class team - such a Spain (Please God, no) but The Czech Republic? We should be COMPETING with that level of competition

The Future's Maroon

No Hearts players were injured.

Before I opened the thread - that is exactly what I was going to say. :thumbsup:

The Comedian

Clearly even slightly attacking teams is out of the question now with Levein. What is the point in playing a football match if you have zero intentions of even trying to win it?

Levein should be sacked on the spot.

hearts_crazy

Clearly even slightly attacking teams is out of the question now with Levein. What is the point in playing a football match if you have zero intentions of even trying to win it?

I'll second that. the fact he even had brass neck to actually defend that formation against a fairly average team tells me all I need to know ........ out - of - his - depth. Mind you who would we get in his place? The SFA have already shown that they are only prepared to go for bargain basement Managers. I've heard John Hughes is looking for a jobwoot.gif Actually that's not even funny, I wouldn't put it past themunsure.gif

Rudolf's Mate

I actually think he should be told to play more attacking or he'll be punted! Ok so he'll not be happy to be told what to do but I'm going to take some stick from people in work about this one!

Nobody up front.... You having a laugh!

We are a bit like Aberdeen.

We used to be good but will never be good again and we will sack managers every campaign as the are not making us good.

Football is over. Club football's dead and International was dead years ago.

In twenty years we will be back to how things were in the good old days but it's going to take a lot of teams going bust first.

Sky tv and the champions league killed it. Countries like Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and the 3 billion Asian market killed it.

Russian billionaires killed it. Arab oil billionaires killed it.

Football was healthy 30 years ago. Now it is very ill. Very sick indeed.

The SFA are a disease to our game. Anyone who does not support their local team is a disease on our game. People who support a team because of political or religious agendas are a disease. Glasgow is a disease. Man Utd are a disease.

I love the modern world. I love ipods and the internet. As I type this from my phone I can tell you I love mobile phones. But get me when I say this - football is one thing that did not need modernising!

I want to go to a game, drink a beer, shout obscene comments to everyone on the pitch. I want to stand and watch the game. I want to shout stuff at a player without fear that I may offend Mrs Beaumont from Inverness.

I want football to be 3pm on a Saturday. I want the fans to matter. I want foreign players to get to ****. I want to be proud of being Scottish. I want to hate Hibs more than I hate the Old Firm.

I want to think at the start of the season that Hearts realistically have a chance this year. I want it to be a mans game again. I want to watch players get up after a hack, spit their teeth out and carry on. I want hard tackles. I want to keep diving to the swimming pools. I don't want to see footballer's in OK or Hello and I definately don't give a shit about their WAGS!

I want our game back and I want to play it on a level playing field.

Football GTF!

Is it your bad week I8?

FWIW Levein needs shot, this is a team we beat in a friendly all of 6/7 months ago but he plays without a striker

He makes Csaba look like Kevin Keegan

Was driving last night so was listening to it on the radio - Billy Dodds came out with the classic line "Levin's really put his head above the chopping board" - sad thing was, no one picked him up on it!

Aye it's my monthlies malky lol.

I'm just done mate. I've thrown the towel in.

I only continue to care as to abandon Hearts would be like giving up a child. My love for Hearts is uncoditional but I have no love for football. As a human I have a lot of hate in me and the majority of which stems from football.

I hate the Champions League and its god awful music. I hate steven gerrard. I hate fabio 'dinosaur puss' capello. I hate everything about Glasgow. I hate the real radio phone in. I hate real radio. I hate dingo dave from radio forth and I hate the sky sports team (except jeff). I hate asia for piling their money into 2 teams. I hate hearing about what slag john terry has beasted. I don't care that rangers and their vile twins are about to win their 7 billionth trophy.

I hate how celtic beating hamilton is looked at as an achievement. I hate how our football strips are all fancy now with shit all over them. I hate how footballers spend more time looking good before a game than kicking a ball around. I hate how kids play playstation now instead of kicking a ball about in a street.

I hate how Scotland changed their badge. Do we not realise that we have been shite since we did! I hate seein people with rangers and celtic tops on in edinburgh.

I hate how footballers earn a billion pound a week. I want to punch ronaldo in the face. I hate how players wear red boots. I hate how players spend most of the season injured.

I hate how as a diehard fan, xian fung wu from singapore is more important.

I hate everything. I hate the person beside me on the bus for no reason more than he looks like a Celtic fan.

I`m all for doing what you have to, to try and win but that crossed the line last night(unlike a scotland shot at goal!).

It was Anti-football. For a man who wants to contribute to a Scottish revolution it was a baffling set up?

I think we need to concentrate more on control, passing and moving before we start trying to be smart with some new fangled tactics.

Really poor outlook to the game. We actually had 3 or 4 decent ball players in the team but we weren`t set-up to get the best from them and when we had to have a go at 1-0 they were too tired to raise a hard-on never mind run the length of the park to create goals.

Its just same old Scotland of recent times. To frightened to lose as opposed to wanting to win. Too scared to concede goals...pish.

The Czech defence was there to be had imo.

Nelly Terraces

We used to be good but will never be good again and we will sack managers every campaign as the are not making us good.

In twenty years we will be back to how things were in the good old days but it's going to take a lot of teams going bust first.

Sky tv and the champions league killed it. Countries like Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland and the 3 billion Asian market killed it.

The SFA are a disease to our game. Anyone who does not support their local team is a disease on our game. People who support a team because of political or religious agendas are a disease. Glasgow is a disease. Man Utd are a disease.

I love the modern world. I love ipods and the internet. As I type this from my phone I can tell you I love mobile phones. But get me when I say this - football is one thing that did not need modernising!

I want to go to a game, drink a beer, shout obscene comments to everyone on the pitch. I want to stand and watch the game. I want to shout stuff at a player without fear that I may offend Mrs Beaumont from Inverness.

I want football to be 3pm on a Saturday. I want the fans to matter. I want foreign players to get to ****. I want to be proud of being Scottish. I want to hate Hibs more than I hate the Old Firm.

I want to think at the start of the season that Hearts realistically have a chance this year. I want it to be a mans game again. I want to watch players get up after a hack, spit their teeth out and carry on. I want hard tackles. I want to keep diving to the swimming pools. I don't want to see footballer's in OK or Hello and I definately don't give a shit about their WAGS!

Football GTF!

Holy shit! I actually think this is one of the best posts ever on here. Totally agree with nearly all of it (except bit bout NI & RoI, dont get that). Football is lillian gish these days. Bored, bored, bored. Can't believe I'm sayin this, but well said I8H :huh: , sums everything up thats wrong with the game quite succinctly. Beats yer usual stealing womens pants posts anyway.

Football GTF!

Alot of good points to be honest. But i don`t think i`d let myself get so depressed about it!

Football GTF!

Can't disagree with any of that. And with chickens coming home to roost at EPL clubs like Liverpool, then the future looks even worse.

Closer to home I can only see Scottish football - domestic and international - descending rapidly into a death spiral of rank total and utter mediocrity.

The Old Tolbooth

I've got a good positive, I got drunk whilst watching it, god I needed to!

Levein is way way out of his depth sadly, he hasn't a f'kin clue! That last night was embarrassing and the Czechs were about as bad as we were, we whould have went there and had a go, even if we came away with a 1-0 loss at least we could say that we turned up ffs.

I watched the last half hour of the N Ireland match against Italy, and they showed more spirit and passion in the small section that I saw than Scotland have in the last 3 international matches put together! We need a non Scottish manager now I reckon because there are no Scots left that want the job that actually know what they're doing! I'd give it to and Englishman just to pish off the tartan army!

The Comedian

They were mate. After 5 minutes I said to my Dad that the Czechs were a average side and we've given them too much respect. They aren't Spain and yet we showed nothing but fear setting up like that at the mighty Czech Republic. What will he do when we actually play a good side? Levein's sarcasm when the BBC interviewer nudged closer to the truth ( That ther Czechs weren't that good and our formation was wrong) said it all, he thinks he played a blinder. Also the Czech coach Bilek has said he doesn't expect Liechtenstein to be so defensive on Tuesday. What does that tell you?

I wonder what Levein said when asked by Weir or whoever why we aren't playing a striker? That we are pish, the Czechs are amazing and we need to defend for our lives? No wonder we lose games if everywhere we go we are told and play like *******. I really can't abide playing football like we did last night. It's effing 11 men v 11 men, nothing more, we need to stand a bit taller and show some balls. We need a manager and players who don't care who the opposition are. As it turned out last night we were a boxer who went the distance without throwing a punch. I know we aren't guaranteed to score if we play a striker but we'll give ourselves a chance. Playing 4-6-0 guarantees we won't and thats the point here.

Chad Sexington

There are no positives.

Scotland were rotten.

Levein is a man living on borrowed time already.

His ultra negative tactics last night were an embarrassment.

The Old Tolbooth

Football GTF!

I'm not quite sure either where you're coming from with the Northern/Southern Ireland thing, but the rest of that post is brilliant mate and I agree with every word of it!

I'm fast losing interest too and I don't even look forward to games against the old firm any more for obvious reasons, my season solely exists nowadays for derby day, it's about the only special football day feeling I get these days, and that's not right.

Can't disagree with any of that. And with chickens coming home to roost at EPL clubs like Liverpool, then the future looks even worse.

Closer to home I can only see Scottish football - domestic and international - descending rapidly into a death spiral of rank total and utter mediocrity.

Entirely what the OF want and get them a chance to get out. :verymad:

As a big fan of CL, even I cant disagree with his post.

Although Rudolph's mate may have come to his rescue

"I actually think he should be told to play more attacking or he'll be punted! Ok so he'll not be happy to be told what to do but I'm going to take some stick from people in work about this one!

Nobody up front.... You having a laugh! "

Im just in a funny mood nelly.

Football has been a huge part of my life, I would play it at break, lunch and after school. My grandad took me to tynie every 2nd week. When hearts werent at home my dad took me to watch meadowbank thistle.

I used to eagerly wait for my pocket money so I could buy roy of the rovers and a couple of panini stickers.

Saint and greavsie pre game, game then home to sportscene at night.

Bullseye and scotsport on the sunday...yes please.

I used to genuinely love watching and supporting scotland.

Watching a team that consisted of the genuine best eleven our country had indiscriminate to who they played for. Now any old shite will do (and I do mean shite) as long as they have an old firm connection.

Davie weir!the guys 41 years old!

I resent how I don't have football anymore.

I hate how my kids wont have the same joys of it as I had. I fear for all our kids.

Get one thing straight, I am pig shit at football but I tell u what playing it was better than a sniff of the finest blonde's pants.

Football was my life.

I dont watch world cups now or any game of football that does not involve hearts as I simply don't give a shit.

I couldn't even name 3 players for Barcelona as I dont give a shit.

Chelsea? Man Utd? your having a laugh! Yawn yawn yawn.

Rangers v celtic for their 150th trophy?yawn yawn. I'd die if I was an old firm fan.they are stuck in limbo. They will never leave scotland or achieve anything they haven't previously done. Someone said last season that walter smith winning the league was a great achievement. WTF! they and their vile twins are so far ahead in everyway that they will never truly achieve anythn again. Is tesco taking more money in a week than the local corner shop an achievement!course not.

Seedings! Do I hate seedings! The champs league (which isn't for champions) is designed in a way that the G 16 will always be in the last 16. I simply hate it. It's awful.overpaid nancy boys rolling about on the floor with gold boots on and hair bands in their hair.

It truly is a game for poofters.

With regards to my irish comment is not a bashing of their countries they just sum up everything wrong with it.

They are the sky tv fans. Supporting the big clubs(never their local team) and sitting in their armchairs and contributing to the ever growing gap between rich clubs and poor clubs not to mention the sectarian shite they bring.

The G16 or whatever its called! Give me a break.

Entirely what the OF want and get them a chance to get out. :verymad:

If the old-firm move to England then its only becuase football is in a death spiral in its final stages. Further financial freefall and loss of investor and punter (skybox) interest in the game down south, could see rantic invited in.

It would be a sign of desperation if they're invited to join the English structure ... definitely "the end game...".

Im just in a funny mood nelly.

Football has been a huge part of my life, I would play it at break, lunch and after school. My grandad took me to tynie every 2nd week. When hearts werent at home my dad took me to watch meadowbank thistle.

I used to eagerly wait for my pocket money so I could buy roy of the rovers and a couple of panini stickers.

Saint and greavsie pre game, game then home to sportscene at night.

Bullseye and scotsport on the sunday...yes please.

I used to genuinely love watching and supporting scotland.

Watching a team that consisted of the genuine best eleven our country had indiscriminate to who they played for. Now any old shite will do (and I do mean shite) as long as they have an old firm connection.

Davie weir!the guys 41 years old!

I resent how I don't have football anymore.

I hate how my kids wont have the same joys of it as I had. I fear for all our kids.

Get one thing straight, I am pig shit at football but I tell u what playing it was better than a sniff of the finest blonde's pants.

Football was my life.

I dont watch world cups now or any game of football that does not involve hearts as I simply don't give a shit.

I couldn't even name 3 players for Barcelona as I dont give a shit.

Chelsea? Man Utd? your having a laugh! Yawn yawn yawn.

Rangers v celtic for their 150th trophy?yawn yawn. I'd die if I was an old firm fan.they are stuck in limbo. They will never leave scotland or achieve anything they haven't previously done. Someone said last season that walter smith winning the league was a great achievement. WTF! they and their vile twins are so far ahead in everyway that they will never truly achieve anythn again. Is tesco taking more money in a week than the local corner shop an achievement!course not.

Seedings! Do I hate seedings! The champs league (which isn't for champions) is designed in a way that the G 16 will always be in the last 16. I simply hate it. It's awful.overpaid nancy boys rolling about on the floor with gold boots on and hair bands in their hair.

It truly is a game for poofters.

With regards to my irish comment is not a bashing of their countries they just sum up everything wrong with it.

They are the sky tv fans. Supporting the big clubs(never their local team) and sitting in their armchairs and contributing to the ever growing gap between rich clubs and poor clubs not to mention the sectarian shite they bring.

The G16 or whatever its called! Give me a break.

You're on a roll today i8hibsh, kudos to you. You're speaking for many of us.

Although I disassociate myself with the blond panties line ! :ermm:

Tommy Wiseau

i8hibsh in "good post" shocker!

Football isn't for people who love the game any more. It's for bandwagon jumping arseholes who want to tell people they love the game.

They've ruined it - and they're going to continue to ruin it, until all that's left are half-empty, passionless family enclosures, franchise club sides, and Sky Sports playing the Champions League on Pay Per View.

Danny im just well and truly peed off.

The most alarming thing is I actually realise now that I genuinely have no other hobbies.

I hate computer games and golf. Well I don't hate golf I just crap at it.

I spend a lot more time with girlfriends now which is nice especially my current one but there is a huge void in my life.

I didn't renew my season ticket this year which is most alarming. It's not the jambos fault. They don't deserve us turning our backs but I just cant do it anymore. Losing games has never been a problem but until sky tv and champs league football was always at the very least played on a level playing field (unless playing at easter road) and now everyday is a battle.

The most alarming thing is I actually realise now that I genuinely have no other hobbies.

I spend a lot more time with girlfriends now which is nice especially my current one but there is a huge void in my life.

I didn't renew my season ticket this year which is most alarming. It's not the jambos fault. They don't deserve us turning our backs but I just cant do it anymore. Losing games has never been a problem but until sky tv and champs league football was always at the very least played on a level playing field (unless playing at easter road) and now everyday is a battle.

About the same here. My first game was in mid 1060's and been a total regular since 1968, season ticket holder since 1980. Didn't bother to renew 2 years ago and (apart from the odd game now and again...) sadly finding that I can find plenty other diversions and ways to spend my money. My revulsion has nothing to do with Vlad and poor Hearts teams, or crap results - after all Hearts, have been crap for most of our lives. Its more to do with all the points you make.

I'm not a Sky subscriber but even the regular Champions League games on ITV leaves me cold and I tend not to watch them. I think back to the 1970's and how such games were scarce viewing on the box. A European cup final was an exciting TV highlight. Now theres so much football on TV, its merely a commodity and I find I generally don't give a sh|t. Sad but true and I expect many others feel the same way.

Is it a mid-life crisis?

Is it a reaction to this weekend when there's no football to watch?

No, seriously mate, I completely get where you're coming from!

Football is thoroughly rotten - particularly in Scotland - and (the odd Hearts game aside) devoid of anything to get excited about anymore.

Tommy Wiseau

About the same here. My first game was in mid 1060's and been a total regular since 1968, season ticket holder since 1980. Didn't bother to renew 2 years ago and (apart from the odd game now and again...) sadly finding that I can find plenty other diversions and ways to spend my money. My revulsion has nothing to do with Vlad and poor Hearts teams, or crap results - after all Hearts, have been crap for most of our lives. Its more to do with all the points you make.

I'm not a Sky subscriber but even the regular Champions League games on ITV leaves me cold and I tend not to watch them. I think back to the 1970's and how such games were scarce viewing on the box. A European cup final was an exciting TV highlight. Now theres so much football on TV, its merely a commodity and I find I generally don't give a sh|t. Sad but true and I expect many others feel the same way.

And I hear Danny's still got his programme:

bayeux_gal_hrld_arrow.jpg

Harold out the game after a malicious challenge - not even a yellow card FFS. :down:

Carl Weathers

Just take a seat on the couch and let it all out. We're here to help.

Psychiatrist.jpg

Nelly Terraces

Spot on. Pretty much sums up how I feel mate. Football has eaten itself. It's ***** tedious now, nothing is exciting any more.

If I ever hear Sky ***** banging on about another "Super Sunday" on man yoo v Ersenal or Chekski v Scousers I'll ***** scream, that and the Champions league manyoorealmadridbarcachekski bandwagon rolled out season after season, jeezuz, please some one make it stop, they smash us over the head with us every bloody year. Football used to have a great degree of uncertainty about it, from stadiums to teams winning trophies, now it's just a conveyor belt of homogenous dullness.

linkin- hearts

Apart from the date of your first game i'm more or less on a par with you, Danny and feel more or less the same. But unlike i8 i can't remember non OF players having an equal chance of getting into a scotland team back then either.

Rudolf's Mate

I spend a lot more time with girlfriends now which is nice

Spread the love mate.... If I had 'girlfriends' I doubt I'd have time for anything else ?

on a serious note, level playing field would be the old firm moving South! Never thought I'd say it but getting rid of then would do our game good!

I`m all for doing what you have to, to try and win but that crossed the line last night(unlike a scotland shot at goal!).

It was Anti-football. For a man who wants to contribute to a Scottish revolution it was a baffling set up?

I think we need to concentrate more on control, passing and moving before we start trying to be smart with some new fangled tactics.

Really poor outlook to the game. We actually had 3 or 4 decent ball players in the team but we weren`t set-up to get the best from them and when we had to have a go at 1-0 they were too tired to raise a hard-on never mind run the length of the park to create goals.

Its just same old Scotland of recent times. To frightened to lose as opposed to wanting to win. Too scared to concede goals...pish.

Lots of good points on this thread.

Your point about being too scared to lose as opposed to wanting to win is so true. And that is so sad.

Too much fear in the game and its being ruined. But last night what was there to be scared of? No strikers against them. what an embarassment.

Perversely none of us will be surprised to see Scotland do one of of these sleeves up, get-stuck-right-intae-them type performances against Spain next week.

An unlucky 0-1 defeat ... or even a draw ... wouldn't be too surprising - although ultimately futile in the final analysis of how the group will end up. Most of our failing campaigns these days are peppered with the occasional "plucky", "brave", "battling" type of game. A bit like a distant echo of how Scotland used to be most of the time in the 1960's and 70's. But these days its a feat of which we are pathetically grateful to see once a year or so...

As someone who feels disenfranchied from the national game in the period after 1978 or 1982 ... then I really can't say I'm bothered any more. Scottish football is in a long dark tunnel and theres no sign of any light at the end of it. Sad considering that almost any Scotland game in the 1970s had my stomach churning hours before kick-off.

Lots of good points on this thread.

Your point about being too scared to lose as opposed to wanting to win is so true. And that is so sad.

Too much fear in the game and its being ruined. But last night what was there to be scared of? No strikers against them. what an embarassment.

Thing is CH, You can be positive and still get beaten but surely you raise your chances of winning too, especially against sides where there isn`t a world of a difference?

I`m not sad enough, but if you had the time to look back over the years im sure there`s a catalogue of games you could make up about Scotland and wonder "what if we were only more positive" we might have collected much more points. And it could have been the diff between qualifying and not.

Thing is CH, You can be positive and still get beaten but surely you raise your chances of winning too, especially against sides where there isn`t a world of a difference?

I`m not sad enough, but if you had the time to look back over the years im sure there`s a catalogue of games you could make up about Scotland and wonder "what if we were only more positive" we might have collected much more points. And it could have been the diff between qualifying and not.

Exactly. What did we have to lose last night by being more positive? A few more goals maybe?

I just wish we'd have a go. 1-0 or 5-0 it doesn't matter as they're both defeats. We will never win a game if we don't try and score.

For the guys who travelled there are some very very good looking women in Prague. That and the beer is still relatively cheap.

Unfortunately most of the women are totally unaware of deodorant so if you have a poor sense of smell then no problem otherwise take a peg for your nose.

Tommy Walker played for Scotland the last time Scotland beat the Czech's on their own patch. That was 1937.

Before Friday nights game, Scotland had conceded 6 goals in their previous 2 games in the Czech Rep.

Levein went all out defensive and we still lost. What a truly pointless exercise.

May aswell try score on Tuesday. The Spanish are going to win so why not have a go.

George Burley tried to play a more expansive system, and was lambasted when things never went well. Rightly so in some cases - it was clear big players in the side never responded.

Levein did take the opposite to e new level on Friday but he is still very much feeling his way in to things. Will admit to being surprised by the system on Friday as Levein for me has always come across as a very intelligent football man.

Walter Smith taking control again within 18 months is a nap.

George Burley tried to play a more expansive system, and was lambasted when things never went well. Rightly so in some cases - it was clear big players in the side never responded.

Levein did take the opposite to e new level on Friday but he is still very much feeling his way in to things. Will admit to being surprised by the system on Friday as Levein for me has always come across as a very intelligent football man.

Walter Smith taking control again within 18 months is a nap.

And guess what?

We'll come 3rd in our Group either way with a couple of good performances at home, and one horrendously abject one somewhere along the way which will completely lose all hope of getting a play off place.

Will he be lambasted - will he heckers like - cos he won back to back league titles in Scotland with a 41 year old defender who should have been sent off about half a dozen times a season, a c0ck of a keeper who should be sent off 3 or 4 times a season, a 33 year old midfielder who spends more time with his elbow deliberatley in players faces. And a venemous support where once again the refs and SFA supervisors have a bit too much wax in their ears to hear what they are singing, and a media system who are blind to it all.

Archived