The Thomson Thread

Guest GhostHunter

No-one's said they should be swept under the carpet, but his age and naivety should be taken into account.

The girls actions should also be taken into account seeing as it's been assumed by plenty that CT did all the chasing and harassing, could very easily have been the girl leading him on.

You assume he is nieve!

I am not assuming anything in this case until all the facts are know!

When they are then maybe your point is valid but im not going to just guess! far to serious a subject.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
rossthejambo

Generally agree with this sentiment but remember the law is there to protect the youth from the few that are not just 'silly boys'.

So the majority get ridiculously harsh punishments because there might be some nutters out there?

Can't help but get the impression that you're views are tainted because your wife (i think that's what you said) deals with these nutters as part of her job.

They are a minority and to treat all youngsters the same is very unfair.

rossthejambo

You assume he is nieve!

I am not assuming anything in this case until all the facts are know!

When they are then maybe your point is valid but im not going to just guess! far to serious a subject.

Yes I am assuming that he is naive.

You're right it is too serious a subject to be making assumptions, especially those calling for him to be hung up by his baws.

helenlovejoy_t6301.jpg

We have to protect our innocent children from seeing pictures of a daft laddie's pinger, it is a scourge that must be stopped.

Never mind that she could see all the dick in the world elsewhere on the internet and of course, she won't have done that. No teenager has ever looked at graphic material on the internet. Ever.

Also, isn't it funny that one of the moral puritan's has a username that is really a play on words involving lady parts? IMAGINE IF A 12 YEAR OLD SAW THAT?! :(

AHAHAHA

Painted as a moral puritan, good one :thumbsup:

Your point is true and easy to make, i think your missing mine completely!

P.S

mlyn819l.jpg

Generally agree with this sentiment but remember the law is there to protect the youth from the few that are not just 'silly boys'.

Without a doubt Mike. As I said, we don't know ins and outs on this case, but in general girls tease boys!

Obv, if an adult knows the age of a girl and bashes on, the law should be used and its a great thing we have these laws to deter and punish in those cases.

My point, I guess, is that if the lass in a case similar to this, is found to have lied, she should be in shtoomshie. Reputations and lives are at stake with stuff like this and a daft lassie shouldn't have that power. An example needs made whenever possible to deter more girls doing the same.

A bit like false rape claims. Such a tough thing. Such a horrible, nasty crime, but that's why when someone is proved to be lying about it, they need to be severely dealt with as all it does is dillute the credibility of those pour souls who have gone through it for real.

Ofcourse, you could just not send pictures of yer taw to anyone, no matter what their age and that would solve it!

Without a doubt Mike. As I said, we don't know ins and outs on this case, but in general girls tease boys!

Obv, if an adult knows the age of a girl and bashes on, the law should be used and its a great thing we have these laws to deter and punish in those cases.

My point, I guess, is that if the lass in a case similar to this, is found to have lied, she should be in shtoomshie. Reputations and lives are at stake with stuff like this and a daft lassie shouldn't have that power. An example needs made whenever possible to deter more girls doing the same.

A bit like false rape claims. Such a tough thing. Such a horrible, nasty crime, but that's why when someone is proved to be lying about it, they need to be severely dealt with as all it does is dillute the credibility of those pour souls who have gone through it for real.

Ofcourse, you could just not send pictures of yer taw to anyone, no matter what their age and that would solve it!

re your last paragraph - if you are in the public eye sending pictures of your knob over the internet is not too bright.

Completely agree

Looking at from a different angle it seems that it was the girls parents who contacted the police. Now i believe the police would keep this information confidential so who exactly contacted the Daily Record?

Something like this should be hanging over the lads head and making his life miserable. Hopefully it is, as if it wasn't then there is a problem.

At 17 I got caught up in some stuff and admittedly it wasn't anything like this, but it is a torrid time. If he knows he was stupid, regrets his actions then I hope something like this won't define the rest of his life and career.

If he did it, then the judge will come to a suitable outcome, then hopefully the lad can move on from the whole sorry affair.

the children are our future, i've always believed anyway. how are they possibly supposed to lead the way if they aren't taught well? someone really needs to point out all the beauty they possess... inside likes.

the children are our future, i've always believed anyway. how are they possibly supposed to lead the way if they aren't taught well? someone really needs to point out all the beauty they possess... inside likes.

I agree.

Give them a sense of pride.....

Johanes de Silentio

I agree.

Give them a sense of pride.....

I decided long ago never to walk in anyone's shaddow! :ninja:

Yes I am assuming that he is naive.

You're right it is too serious a subject to be making assumptions, especially those calling for him to be hung up by his baws.

i am telling you for a fact that he IS a naive, and immature 19 year old.

i don't know the fact of the case any more than anyone else does here, but he is a very young and not very bright lad.

doesn't excuse the shenanigans, but until we know the facts, i'll say nothing more on what i think.

all i can do is confirm, from conversations i've had with him, that he is naive, immature and not too bright

i believe the children are our future,

teach them well and let them lead the way,

instil in them a winning mentaliteeeee....

i believe the children are our future,

teach them well and let them lead the way,

instil in them a winning mentaliteeeee....

Just don't let them have a webcam.

i don't know the fact of the case any more than anyone else does here, but he is a very young and not very bright lad.

doesn't excuse the shenanigans, but until we know the facts, i'll say nothing more on what i think.

all i can do is confirm, from conversations i've had with him, that he is naive, immature and not too bright

I also know this to be the case. Direct from the mother of one of his ex girlfriends.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

You think wrong.

I also know this to be the case. Direct from the mother of one of his ex girlfriends.

Cracking source, pal. Let's ask the people he allegedly starts fights with in clubs what they think of him too and base our opinions on that.

I still think far too many people are missing the point here.

I'm 100% confident the alleged offence will be dealt with appropriately by our judicial system. Not a problem, don't see the merit in debating the rights and wrongs of the alleged offence.

My biggest concern are the rumours/whispers that this situation has been unravelling for a few weeks, and when the club quetioned CT before it broke he denied it. If this is the case, this has been proven to be a lie. Naive or not, embarassed or not, as a first team player he had a responsibility to come clean to the club long before charges were pressed. Would it have changed things - we'll never know now.

You think wrong.

Cracking source, pal. Let's ask the people he allegedly starts fights with in clubs what they think of him too and base our opinions on that.

:rolleyes:

Looking at from a different angle it seems that it was the girls parents who contacted the police. Now i believe the police would keep this information confidential so who exactly contacted the Daily Record?

Eh let me think!

In otherwords he is typical 19 yo male Bev. Probably grow into a typical naive, immature and none too bright man.

In otherwords he is typical 19 yo male Bev. Probably grow into a typical naive, immature and none too bright man.

You better watch, my "pal" JMT will be along shortly to keep you right!

bingo!!!!!

You better watch, my "pal" JMT will be along shortly to keep you right!

i talk to a few players, and CT is one of them

all i'm gonna say is while he is a bit of a cocky wee lad (no pun intended) he's not a bad lad. he is VERY young for his age though. i'd be awffy surprised if he knew the lass was under age

Toxteth O'Grady

i talk to a few players, and CT is one of them

all i'm gonna say is while he is a bit of a cocky wee lad (no pun intended) he's not a bad lad. he is VERY young for his age though. i'd be awffy surprised if he knew the lass was under age

Gutted you never got sent a piccy post IMO :whistling:

You think wrong.

Could you possibly be wrong? It's just that I've heard the same from various sources who know him very well.

You think wrong.

and your source to say otherwise????

the lads 19 FFS, who's to say he hasn't met this burd in City or a similar type of place then contacted her. i had the misfortune to end up in this place a few months ago and was then haggled by my younger cousin for ?20 so she could buy shots, she's 16 BTW and had no right to be there (although she wasn't the only one)!

not many young lads ask for proof of age cards when they are thinking with the chap downstairs!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Could you possibly be wrong? It's just that I've heard the same from various sources who know him very well.

I could be wrong. I could also be heavily biased, what with being 19 and other things. He's certainly not naive, he's probably immature but none more so than any other 19 year old and I can see how someone a lot older than him like Bev would think that (like I said I'm slightly biased being 19 as well, so there is an age perspective). He also may not be the brightest in the grand scheme of things, [modedit]

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think Beverley is wrong.

and your source to say otherwise????

Since I am my own source - yes, I say otherwise. [modedit]

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I could be wrong. I could also be heavily biased, what with being 19 and other things. He's certainly not naive, he's probably immature but none more so than any other 19 year old and I can see how someone a lot older than him like Bev would think that (like I said I'm slightly biased being 19 as well, so there is an age perspective). He also may not be the brightest in the grand scheme of things, [modedit]

I could be wrong, but I don't think I am. I think Beverley is wrong.

Since I am my own source - yes, I say otherwise. [modedit]

But John, can we all be expected to compare ourselves to your own moral superiority? I understand that you are saying that since you are nineteen, then that makes you an expert on nineteen year olds? What you forget mate, is that we were all nineteen once as well and since then we have learned a lot more on top of our experiences as nineteen year olds. For example, as I am thirty one, I would not consider myself an expert on the mind and behaviour of say Rudi Skacel, simply because we were born in the same year as each other... What Beverley is trying to do is tell you what Craig is like from her own personal experience of HIM, I have to say that that trumps your opinion on someone that you do not know, which appears to be based solely on newpaper articles and the fact that you are the same age as him.

Give the moralising a rest for a bit eh? You are classic lynch-mob mentality, the sort of emotional knee-jerker that would get roped into accidently burning down peadiatric wards in an attempt to try and prove to everyone just how moraly outraged and disgusted you are by peadphiles... most of us are happy just for people to take it for granted and assume that we are disgusted by such things... Most of us do not need to spend all day moralising about people we do not know and cases we are not privy to in an attempt to look all superior and moraly upstanding.

Let's wait until the case is heard and judged upon eh?

Francis Albert

Renaming threads seems to be a new fashion on JKB. Can I suggest "Auld Fish Wifie's Thread" for this one?

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Renaming threads seems to be a new fashion on JKB. Can I suggest "Auld -and young- Fish Wifie's Thread" for this one?

fixed that.

Guest John Meurig Thomas

But John, can we all be expected to compare ourselves to your own moral superiority? I understand that you are saying that since you are nineteen, then that makes you an expert on nineteen year olds? What you forget mate, is that we were all nineteen once as well and since then we have learned a lot more on top of our experiences as nineteen year olds. For example, as I am thirty one, I would not consider myself an expert on the mind and behaviour of say Rudi Skacel, simply because we were born in the same year as each other... What Beverley is trying to do is tell you what Craig is like from her own personal experience of HIM, I have to say that that trumps your opinion on someone that you do not know, which appears to be based solely on newpaper articles and the fact that you are the same age as him.

Give the moralising a rest for a bit eh? You are classic lynch-mob mentality, the sort of emotional knee-jerker that would get roped into accidently burning down peadiatric wards in an attempt to try and prove to everyone just how moraly outraged and disgusted you are by peadphiles... most of us are happy just for people to take it for granted and assume that we are disgusted by such things... Most of us do not need to spend all day moralising about people we do not know and cases we are not privy to in an attempt to look all superior and moraly upstanding.

I give up. If you haven't taken the hint yet it's not my fault and frankly this thread is annoying me with all the lies flying around so I'll try to make this my last post here.

All I will say in my defence is my earlier post was heavily edited so it I understand how it it could be misconstrued, and also that I'm basing my opinion on him on a lot more than newspaper articles, similar experiences because of age or occasionally saying hello to him at a Hearts function. There's a string of posters, many of whom have posted on this thread, who will back me up on this as well.

rossthejambo

Harsh post Mothy.

I don't remember JMT actually having a pop at CT in this thread so can't really accuse him of being part of the "lynch-mob".

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

:vrface:

JMT is his mate.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I give up. If you haven't taken the hint yet it's not my fault and frankly this thread is annoying me with all the lies flying around so I'll try to make this my last post here.

All I will say in my defence is my earlier post was heavily edited so it I understand how it it could be misconstrued, and also that I'm basing my opinion on him on a lot more than newspaper articles, similar experiences because of age or occasionally saying hello to him at a Hearts function. There's a string of posters, many of whom have posted on this thread, who will back me up on this as well.

I apologise then, I got your gist wrong.

Fair dos.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

:vrface:

JMT is his mate.

Yes AP, I got that...................................................... Eventually........ dry.gif

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Yes AP, I got that...................................................... Eventually........ dry.gif

:D Missed JMT's explanation, tbf.

Gay lover post imo.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

After making a rooster of myself I should say a few things...

*sorry JMT, well out of order in my post, I misunderstood what you were getting at.

*AP, in my defence, I am a bit "hungover" myself today.

I hope the lad uses this situation as a chance to turn his life around and start acting like a man now.

Sometimes a rude awakening can do a slightly boisterous laddie the world of good in the long run.

Archived