Missiles

Heartbeat

Why assume it was cowardly?

Oh, I'm sorry - it was the height of bravery. :rofl:

Why assume those involved only done it 'from the safety of a crowd'.

...Because they did? What else was supposed to have happened? :mellow:

A seriously misunderstanding of the situation, and why it arose methinks.

It might not have been right, but FFS, these are angry angry guys we are talking about.

Oh my, not angry angry guys! :rolleyes: Pray tell, what about all the angry angry guys in Tynecastle (indeed, those in section N) who managed to resist the temptation to throw things?

Guys who've just had to watch that cretin Naismith run straight towards them and provoke them.

Oh boo hoo. These lads are big enough to abuse all and sundry for 90 minutes; they should be able to handle a guy celebrating in their general vicinity. Nowhere near "provocation" in my book.

I'd wager there was nothing cowardly about it, and the fact they were 'in a crowd' was neither here nor there.

Please expand on this - I'd genuinely love to hear it.

If you were to take the same anger, frustration and rage shown there, and place it in an altogether different situation, would you HONESTLY sit there and take that shit?

Personally? I'd like to think that I'm mature enough not to throw a tantrum and risk a criminal record by throwing things. Nobody's saying that you're not allowed to shout abuse, by the way.

If you WOULD, I can only assume you're not a passionate guy, or your bollocks are tiny. Either way, not a great starting point for slating others.

So the world is divided into two: People Who Throw Things In Anger, and Not Passionate Guys. Lovely stuff. :rolleyes:

It seems to me that those involved in Section N just might be that little bit more passionate about the OF bias than the apologists on here seem to be.

Or that they're considerably thicker and less likely to coexist peacefully in society than others. :)

That wee ***** celebrated right infront of me and the dudes i sit with and i can fully understand why objects were thrown. Folk were seething, including myself.

Didn't see anyone throwing coins though, but there has to be a punishment for those ***** goading us.

Fozzyonthefence

Utter tosh. I've thrown many a 50p at games ( granted many years ago ). I was excepted to uni, I read The Times, I have no criminal convictions but guess what, I have a love and passion for Heart of Midlothian which sometimes spilled over into aggression when I felt we were being cheated (again).

I suppose you just sit there and applaud the fairness of it all.

Must be pretty easy to get into uni with grammar like that.

Acey, that's a massive dissection of my posting mate, and I honestly cannot be bothered answering each individual point.

All I'm sayin is that if I was in Section N, I mightve done the same and I can understand why those involved done it.

I'm not some sort of thug either.

If you could keep calm in a situation like that, more power to you.

Let's just agree to differ, without the use of patronising smileys.

Cheers.

Punks No Deid

No sure if anybody has posted this but Willie Conquer the linesman is a staunch Jambo who unfortunately used to stay in Bingham (poor laddie), think he moved to Fife a few years ago. We shouldnae be throwin anythin in the 1st place but especially no at another Jambo!!

Dr. Bapswent

Oh, I'm sorry - it was the height of bravery. :rofl:

...Because they did? What else was supposed to have happened? :mellow:

Oh my, not angry angry guys! :rolleyes: Pray tell, what about all the angry angry guys in Tynecastle (indeed, those in section N) who managed to resist the temptation to throw things?

Oh boo hoo. These lads are big enough to abuse all and sundry for 90 minutes; they should be able to handle a guy celebrating in their general vicinity. Nowhere near "provocation" in my book.

Please expand on this - I'd genuinely love to hear it.

Personally? I'd like to think that I'm mature enough not to throw a tantrum and risk a criminal record by throwing things. Nobody's saying that you're not allowed to shout abuse, by the way.

So the world is divided into two: People Who Throw Things In Anger, and Not Passionate Guys. Lovely stuff. :rolleyes:

Or that they're considerably thicker and less likely to coexist peacefully in society than others. :)

Magic stuff.

:thumbsup:

No sure if anybody has posted this but Willie Conquer the linesman is a staunch Jambo who unfortunately used to stay in Bingham (poor laddie), think he moved to Fife a few years ago. We shouldnae be throwin anythin in the 1st place but especially no at another Jambo!!

Don't think it was the lino they were trying to hit mate. :huh:

I really think we should approach the SFA now with a proposal to forgo all our OF fixtures home and away. There is no point in pretending anymore that these games are handled on and off the park with anything approaching parrity. Playing these games only gives us headaches with suspensions and fines.

Note how many times recently have the press and media lorded on about both teams been unbeaten and something with need to give in the upcoming first old firm derby. A big money making scenario that one methinks. :angry:

Guest vanbasten1874

Dont think the throwing of missiles was intentional it was just Hearts fans in disgust at the behaviour of the hun players

they threw their arms in the air unintentionaly jettisoning objects from their pockets which then gained momentum and found their way to the field of play well thats my take on it anyway .. See when you sit and take the time to think about it rationally theres always an answer B)

Punks No Deid

Don't think it was the lino they were trying to hit mate. :huh:

I really think we should approach the SFA now with a proposal to forgo all our OF fixtures home and away. There is no point in pretending anymore that these games are handled on and off the park with anything approaching parrity. Playing these games only gives us headaches with suspensions and fines.

Note how many times recently have the press and media lorded on about both teams been unbeaten and something with need to give in the upcoming first old firm derby. A big money making scenario that one methinks. :angry:

Agreed it wasn't personal with "The Conk" but we still shouldn't be lobbing things at anyone mate.

I agree it doesn't help when the opposition deliberately make a beeline for our supporters after scoring - even though they are nearer their own! but why do we keep giving the GFA excuses to hammer us?

I also agree that there is a set of rules for the OF and a different set for others but lets face it, that happened even when "faither" had a full heid of hair, aint gonna change is it?

NoseLikeMahe

Anyone who's communication skills are so limited that their preferred method of expressing anger is to attempt to assault people, whether they read the Times or not, is a tube.

Similarly; anyone who believes it acceptable to hurl personal abuse at someone they've never met for an hour and a half but then feel outraged that the abused smiles in their general vicinity, is a tube.

Note - I'm not wringing my hands saying football fans shouldn't get to throw insults at players and officials... Just don't get all precious when they get it right up you. Give and take you big babies. :rolleyes:

Agreed it wasn't personal with "The Conk" but we still shouldn't be lobbing things at anyone mate.

I agree it doesn't help when the opposition deliberately make a beeline for our supporters after scoring - even though they are nearer their own! but why do we keep giving the GFA excuses to hammer us?

I also agree that there is a set of rules for the OF and a different set for others but lets face it, that happened even when "faither" had a full heid of hair, aint gonna change is it?

Agreed. Just cannot be bothered with them anymore.

As they scumbags sing "thats why their champions"

Don't think I've ever felt so angry after a match as I did on Saturday.

PS Got your text saturday.

Agree with the poster who reckons Hearts should steal a march on the GFA here. We should indeed ask them to investigate the events leading up to this to see if we can pinpoint exactly what sparked off the trouble :whistling:

There are clear rules about celebrating goals, so as not to appear provocative to opposition fans, and although they may not have breached them technically ( they came damn close surely ) The Rangers players must still take some of the blame IMO !

I mean, FFS, I think Rudi got booked for just daring to look at the Tic fans after scoring in the 1-1 draw in 05/06 :down:

Punks No Deid

Agreed. Just cannot be bothered with them anymore.

As they scumbags sing "thats why their champions"

Don't think I've ever felt so angry after a match as I did on Saturday.

PS Got your text saturday.

Do u not mean, not since the last time we played one of the Weejie mafia (home or away)!!? :verymad:

Happens if not every then nearly every time!!! only difference nowadays is that they don't even attempt to conceal it :yucky:

NoseLikeMahe, no one on Saturday 'felt abused' because the accused smiled in their direction mate.

To be fair, that might be exactly how Stevie Naismith saw it tho.

I saw it more of a case of people becoming more and more angry at the systematic bias against us when facing the OF. Naismiths actions were a mere manifistation of those years of bias.

I agree, punters cannot moan if they dish it out then get some back, but for me, Saturday wasn't like that. Naismiths actions, whether he intended them to be or not, were a massive "**** you" to Hearts in general, courtesy of the SFA and the OF.

It's worth noting that when Motherwell scored twice against us the other week, there was no trouble from our stands. But Naismith, a player who OF bias had allowed to stay on the park, allied to the extra time that came from nowhere, meant this was far more than a simply 'spitting of the dummy' from our support.

We are ******* sick of it. Some vent their frustration in different ways to others, and I can see exactly why Saturdays events unfolded.

Unfortunately, the SFA will probably take a similar view to some on this thread, and simply neglect the history involved.

NoseLikeMahe, no one on Saturday 'felt abused' because the accused smiled in their direction mate.

To be fair, that might be exactly how Stevie Naismith saw it tho.

I saw it more of a case of people becoming more and more angry at the systematic bias against us when facing the OF. Naismiths actions were a mere manifistation of those years of bias.

I agree, punters cannot moan if they dish it out then get some back, but for me, Saturday wasn't like that. Naismiths actions, whether he intended them to be or not, were a massive "**** you" to Hearts in general, courtesy of the SFA and the OF.

It's worth noting that when Motherwell scored twice against us the other week, there was no trouble from our stands. But Naismith, a player who OF bias had allowed to stay on the park, allied to the extra time that came from nowhere, meant this was far more than a simply 'spitting of the dummy' from our support.

We are ******* sick of it. Some vent their frustration in different ways to others, and I can see exactly why Saturdays events unfolded.

Unfortunately, the SFA will probably take a similar view to some on this thread, and simply neglect the history involved.

most people would probably agree with most of the points you're making but there always remains a boundary between acceptable behaviour and unacceptable.

throwing small metal objects in the general direction of players is simply dangerous. even if people don't care about the safety aspect, it's something which rightly will cause the powers that be to be concerned, and puts the club at risk of sanctions.

it's laughable to expect the SFA to take historical grievances into account... they wont, and to be quite honest they're perfectly entitled not to.

lots of other fans have done exactly the same thing therefore all we can expect is to be dealt with exactly the same way, meaning a warning. if we somehow attract more serious punishment it will not be because the SFA is wrong to deal with coin throwing... it will be because the SFA are have failed to be even handed in their decisions.

regardless of everything, coin throwing is just plain moronic behaviour and can't credibly be condoned or excused.

Thunderstruck

Oh, he intended it alright. There was one clip that showed him making for their support and then making a sharp turn to go towards the Main Stand while motioning to the rest of the Huns to follow him. To me, it was clearly intended to be provocative.

I would say "Throw the book at him" but we would probably be fined for doing so.

I would say "Throw the book at him" but we would probably be fined for doing so.

Have a word with certain denizens of N; I'm sure that something could be arranged. :ninja:

At last, someone willing to debate the points instead of just trying to slate me.

Spanky, I actually agree with almost everything you said, apart from your last paragraph.

Let me put it this way. After Saturday, I decided I'm finished with the Hearts. I'm finished with Scottish football. After 16 years of being a season ticket holder, I'm not renewing next year.

I've had it.

It's rotten to the core. What I saw on Saturday will stick in my throat forever. A corrupt league, where the OF have the authorities in their back pocket, ensuring we will never ever topple them, no matter how hard we try.

Now if this is how I'M feeling (and I'd always have considered myself to be staunch) then you'll understand why I totally understand why missiles where launched on Saturday.

I'm not saying it's right, but Im not gonna label those involved as 'mugs' or 'thugs'. Because I am neither myself.

Right this thread could run and run, and Im tired of explaining why I feel as I do.

So for that reason, with all due respect, I'm out!

At last, someone willing to debate the points instead of just trying to slate me.

I debated all your points, sir. I notice that you're unable to answer to it. :thumbsup:

If you're done with Hearts, I trust that you won't be posting again?

Acey, tbh mate I'm using my I phone just now and canni copy and paste single parts of your postings mate. Hopefully tho u get the gist of where I'm coming from on this issue. If there is anythin particular u want me to address I'd be happy to do so.

And Dr Pepper, I'll never give up on the Hearts, maybe I never conveyed exactly what I meant. I meant that I cannot see me attending Hearts games anymore after this season cos I'm pig sick. But you knew that anyway, given that you know me so well.....oh wait. No you ******* don't. Point taken.

Back to 2005

Spanky, I actually agree with almost everything you said, apart from your last paragraph.

Let me put it this way. After Saturday, I decided I'm finished with the Hearts. I'm finished with Scottish football. After 16 years of being a season ticket holder, I'm not renewing next year.

I've had it.

It's rotten to the core. What I saw on Saturday will stick in my throat forever. A corrupt league, where the OF have the authorities in their back pocket, ensuring we will never ever topple them, no matter how hard we try.

Now if this is how I'M feeling (and I'd always have considered myself to be staunch) then you'll understand why I totally understand why missiles where launched on Saturday.

I'm not saying it's right, but Im not gonna label those involved as 'mugs' or 'thugs'. Because I am neither myself.

Right this thread could run and run, and Im tired of explaining why I feel as I do.

So for that reason, with all due respect, I'm out!

I totally understand where your comimg from mate and had the same discussion after the game on Saturday. Dont know if I'll stick to not going back next season but its sad that things have got to such a stage where I would even consider it.

I still can't believe Naismith didn't get booked for that celebration :angry: - and therefore sent off as he was already on a yellow.

your spot on mate imagine celebrating the winner whats the game about nowadays and they should take into account we had a right to throw missiles as we just got humped

your spot on mate imagine celebrating the winner whats the game about nowadays and they should take into account we had a right to throw missiles as we just got humped

Its all about as you are failing to do here and thats wind-up.. :whistling:

2-1 in injury time - a humping right enough LOL

St Johnstone 2 - hibs 0 - now THATS a humping

Met a very good friend and his cousin after the match on Saturday. They had been in one of the corporate suites. (Didn't ask which but it was in the main stand)

He said to me after the foul was "given" to Rangers that he mentioned to his cousin that if Rangers score here there will be a riot. They did score and that coupled with Naismiths et al reactions something was going to give. No excuse btw just a certainty.

For the record my mate is a staunch Gers man and his cousin is a Celtic fan. They both were of the same opinion. It was never a foul in the first place.

Bigger issue for me as a Hearts fan is that we had our own chances on Saturday to put beyond "assistance" the result. We failed and with that goes any sympathetic ear we were likely to receive. Doesn't make the imbalance in bookings, the foul, the Naismith situation or the extra time any easier to take. For the record I thought referee Thomson was ably assisted by Naismith and Weir during the match. :angry:

Confused :ermm:

not sure if Im surprised or not.

Anyway, ask one of your mates to read ALL of my posts on this thread, I'm sure I've made myself clear. Perhaps they can explain things in a way you'll understand.

"Dr Pepper, so misunderstood..." indeed.

You're a borderline troll.

Archived