Whats your opinons on this video

jamboinglasgow

jamboinglasgow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx4yr0FFhMQ

What is your views on this video, it was written by Richard Curtis for the Environmental Group 10:10.

It has been pulled from their website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-11458726

Personally I have heard both sides on it and I dont find it funny, maybe if it was a parody it could have been funny but I think it is a poor taste video which is not really going to help the wider cause.

It looks more like an ad campaign against climate change campaigners. Shows these people up to be the self-righteous arseholes they really are.

We have cavity wall insulation and added loft insulation because it makes sense to do so, it saves money. We recycle because it's logical. Do I give a shit if my electronic devices are killing the planet? Do I ****.

I'll be buggered if I'm going to take a lecture from someone who's trying to build a career out of telling me not to do something, by spending lots of money and using lots of fuel to get some message across. Maybe they should focus their efforts against China and India, until they reduce their CO2 emissions our efforts will be like pissing in the wind.

For the record, I'm not against climate change measures. But I am skeptical about the motivation of the people behind it. Do BA really give a shit about GW? Is that why they're offering to 'Offset my carbon emissions' for ?10? Bollocks. What about all these careerist wankers who will **** over their own cause by doctoring evidence to secure more funding.

The climate change movement is as corrupt as the fossil fuel companies.

I'm of a vintage that can't pretend to know what it means, but I suspect that this video will go 'viral', which is what I suspect is the intention of pulling it.

jamboinglasgow

I'm of a vintage that can't pretend to know what it means, but I suspect that this video will go 'viral', which is what I suspect is the intention of pulling it.

They have mentioned their intention is to get people talking about climate change and it being in the headlines (so being controversial is the key, personally I dont like that and think it is lazy and devaluing of whatever message you are trying to get across) but I do think they could of done that without making themselves look like a bunch of extremists.

shaun.lawson

Utterly ridiculous, totally bizarre advert presumably dreamt up by a bunch of dangerous fundamentalists. God only knows what the lovely Gillian Anderson is doing working with them - however Gillian, you're still amazing, so I forgive you. :love:

On the bright side, that it's been pulled shows that someone somewhere realises they made an awful misjudgement. But in sum: while it's certainly a good thing if we all try and live as cleanly as possible, and waste as little energy as possible, I'm rapidly reaching the conclusion that climate change is more man accelerated than man made. And beyond that: the idea that anyone choosing to travel by train, rather than air; or who switches their electrical appliance off overnight rather than leave it on is going to make the remotest difference when set against developing, fossil fuel guzzling economies like China or India, or even the huge impact on carbon dioxide levels that, er, world livestock has, is completely risible.

Meaning it's all become something of a con - whereby politicians can use it as an excuse to raise taxes, but there's close to bugger all anyone in the West can actually do.

Archived