Vlad v Mackay

Swanny17

247 members have voted

1. 1. Which side are you on?

• Vlad
    • Mackay
    • Sitting on the McDiarmid Park Fence

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

I really thought I'd heard as much drivel on here as was possible for one day but this is extraordinary. Utter tosh.

Except that he's right. Who's next for the Kickback treatment? If Dave Mackay ever mentions any doubts about Vlad in public, will he be denounced too?

Apparently, when we hail former players as "legends", they're only legends until they cross the Dear Leader. We're a club created in said Dear Leader's sleekit, vengeful image.

Except that he's right. Who's next for the Kickback treatment? If Dave Mackay ever mentions any doubts about Vlad in public, will he be denounced too?

Apparently, when we hail former players as "legends", they're only legends until they cross the Dear Leader. We're a club created in said Dear Leader's sleekit, vengeful image.

Not getting involved in the vlad/mackay argument yet. I have my reasons for biding my time. The stockholm syndrome chat is quite simply p1sh.

Oh and I should add whether I support mackay or not, re this current war of words, he will always be a footballing hero to me.

Yeh?lets add the man with the most appearances for the club to the list of traitors and monkeys that have dared question our glorious leader.

(From Wikipedia? Stockholm Syndrome)

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness

Sums the situation up perfectly for me, its seems some fans are still buying into the Emperors new clothes...............

Yeh?lets add the man with the most appearances for the club to the list of traitors and monkeys that have dared question our glorious leader.

(From Wikipedia? Stockholm Syndrome)

In psychology, Stockholm syndrome is a term used to describe a paradoxical psychological phenomenon wherein hostages express adulation and have positive feelings towards their captors that appear irrational in light of the danger or risk endured by the victims, essentially mistaking a lack of abuse from their captors as an act of kindness

When Gary Mackay lays out the shekels to save HMFC from extinction, gimme a shout.

Until then, wait until we throw you and him a bun, eh?

Cheers baby, cheers!

shaun.lawson

When Gary Mackay lays out the shekels to save HMFC from extinction, gimme a shout.

Until then, wait until we throw you and him a bun, eh?

Cheers baby, cheers!

You know what routinely amazes me about your stance on Vlad, I.J? It's how low your expectations of HMFC clearly are. It's staggering actually.

One word sums up your post. Fear.

shaun.lawson

Shaun, one word sums up your post. Bad.

:facepalm:

Acey, out of interest - if at some point in the future, things go completely tits up, what will your opinion be? Because that's the problem I have with your LOLZPOPVLADISGREATMEGALOLZ stance: it seems to pay no account to how deep rooted our problems are, and is a quite colossal hostage to fortune.

Still, never mind. Much more important to wind up some folk on the internet, right?

:facepalm:

Acey, out of interest - if at some point in the future, things go completely tits up, what will your opinion be? Because that's the problem I have with your LOLZPOPVLADISGREATMEGALOLZ stance: it seems to pay no account to how deep rooted our problems are, and is a quite colossal hostage to fortune.

Still, never mind. Much more important to wind up some folk on the internet, right?

Ultimately, I'm quite comfortable with the fact that there's diddly-squat I can do about the situation, so it's not worth pulling my hair out on a daily basis over it. Hearts will probably go "tits up" (for the sake of argument, let's assume we're talking Clydebank levels) in my lifetime; when that time comes, I'll be sad, but I'm not so myopic that I'll slit my wrists or jump off North Bridge.

As such, I'm happy to act as if "deep-rooted problems" (whatever they are - the fact that HMFC is living well outwith its means? Hardly deep-rooted imo) don't exist. It's not like I know any better; Hearts have been in deep financial shite since I was born (aside from the few months where we were 8M richer thanks to SMugG), so the status quo doesn't really alarm me.

Mr Romanov is a man after my own heart; he enjoys winding up idiots who take supporting a football club far too seriously.

shaun.lawson

Ultimately, I'm quite comfortable with the fact that there's diddly-squat I can do about the situation, so it's not worth pulling my hair out on a daily basis over it. Hearts will probably go "tits up" (for the sake of argument, let's assume we're talking Clydebank levels) in my lifetime; when that time comes, I'll be sad, but I'm not so myopic that I'll slit my wrists or jump off North Bridge.

As such, I'm happy to pretend that "deep-rooted problems" don't exist. It's not like I know any better; Hearts have been in deep financial shite since I was born (aside from the few months where we were 8M richer thanks to SMugG), so the status quo doesn't really alarm me.

Mr Romanov is a man after my own heart; he enjoys winding up idiots who take THEIR FOOTBALL CLUB far too seriously.

That's a remarkable statement. Perhaps it's a completely sensible, rational one; equally, you may find people turn on you and people of your ilk if and when that day comes.

Across the UK, at club after club, people debate their club's owner, their club's future, or whatever. All football is is an outlet for people. What you seem to do is take it personally when people have the temerity to actually care. A bizarre state of affairs; because not everyone is as cold or clinical as you seem to be.

What you seem to do is take it personally when people have the temerity to actually care. A bizarre state of affairs; because not everyone is as cold or clinical as you seem to be.

In what sense do I "take it personally"? If people want to rend their clothes and scream from the rooftops about THE CRUSHING DEBT, they're entitled to do that. I just find it hard to get that worked up over something I have literally no control over.

shaun.lawson

In what sense do I "take it personally"? If people want to rend their clothes and scream from the rooftops about THE CRUSHING DEBT, they're entitled to do that. I just find it hard to get that worked up over something I have literally no control over.

You take it personally by whining about the sort of perfectly normal debates people have in the Terrace constantly, and pigeonholing people. Sometimes it's genuinely funny; at others it's pretty unpleasant. Certainly, there have been many times on here when you've thrown your weight around, and frantically encouraged as many people as possible to lay into your designated patsy for the day.

Now hey, it's only a messageboard, and everyone's free to do as they wish. Few things in life are as unimportant as messageboards. Except that it's so unimportant to you that, er, what do you do but spend your entire time on here cultivating an image, never putting a word or smiley out of place, always acting entirely in character? It must be hard work, I'd have thought. Of course, if you're actually like that in real life too... :o :o :o

You take it personally by whining about the sort of perfectly normal debates people have in the Terrace constantly, and pigeonholing people. Sometimes it's genuinely funny; at others it's pretty unpleasant.

I'm suitably shamed and humbled by your disapproval.

Certainly, there have been many times on here when you've thrown your weight around, and frantically encouraged as many people as possible to lay into your designated patsy for the day.

:laugh: Yes, I always post on KB in a state of frenzy. You enjoy boring discussions about inconsequential matters, I (and others) enjoy watching people (such as yourself) have online meltdowns. Horses for courses.

Now hey, it's only a messageboard, and everyone's free to do as they wish. Few things in life are as unimportant as messageboards. Except that it's so unimportant to you that, er, what do you do but spend your entire time on here cultivating an image...

It's not very difficult to wind people up, Shaun (your post is evidence of that, btw). It's not exactly something that you need to "cultivate" like a fine herb garden. :mellow:

never putting a word or smiley out of place...

Apologies for being good at spelling/grammar and having excellent comic timing, I guess?

always acting entirely in character? It must be hard work, I'd have thought.

Please see my response beginning, "It's not very difficult". :thumbsup:

Of course, if you're actually like that in real life too... :o :o :o

At the risk of straying into "Fancy a pint" territory, people who've met me ayearrell can confirm that I'm a stand-up geezer. Apologies for them having their opinions.

p.s. u mad

p.p.s. Why do you ram your tongue up my arse on loads of threads, then post a diatribe like this? I don't know what exactly what I'm barricading my windows against at this stage. :unsure:

The People's Chimp

*inserts cringing facepalm here*

The problem with adopting a totally ironic stance on everything is that after a time, nothing really matters any more.

And given life is an absurd, short and godless existence, the point is to give it some meaning. And if some people find that meaning in supporting a football club, then so be it.

*inserts cringing facepalm here*

The problem with adopting a totally ironic stance on everything is that after a time, nothing really matters any more.

And given life is an absurd, short and godless existence, the point is to give it some meaning. And if some people find that meaning in supporting a football club, then so be it.

Good thing I don't adopt a totally ironic stance on everything! :o

I care a fair amount about Hearts; I wouldn't have been seething at a dismal performance last week if not. I just prefer to keep things well in perspective.

If you take your purpose in life to be supporting a football club, then that - imo - is an objectively pathetic state of affairs.

The People's Chimp

If you take your purpose in life to be supporting a football club, then that - imo - is an objectively pathetic state of affairs.

Some of this site's best posters have such an approach to life. JKB is league of gentlemen and I demand you take back your comment.

Chad Sexington

:laugh: Yes, I always post on KB in a state of frenzy. You enjoy boring discussions about inconsequential matters, I (and others) enjoy watching people (such as yourself) have online meltdowns. Horses for courses.

It's not very difficult to wind people up, Shaun (your post is evidence of that, btw). It's not exactly something that you need to "cultivate" like a fine herb garden. :mellow:

Apologies for being good at spelling/grammar and having excellent comic timing, I guess?

At the risk of straying into "Fancy a pint" territory, people who've met me ayearrell can confirm that I'm a stand-up geezer. Apologies for them having their opinions.

p.s. u mad

p.p.s. Why do you ram your tongue up my arse on loads of threads, then post a diatribe like this? I don't know what exactly what I'm barricading my windows against at this stage. :unsure:

Over six hours and no reply from :lawson:

I'm worried. :(

shaun.lawson

p.s. u mad

Nice response. :thumbsup:

But to summarise: you simultaneously ridicule those to whom their club means an awful lot, then cheerfully admit you're just all about winding people up on here? That makes your own role kinda pitiful, no? And if it wasn't for the club meaning an awful lot to an awful lot of people, IT WOULDN'T EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!

You acknowledged below that, well, sometimes you seethe. But even then: what do you do but pick on this player or that player (often with the most charming choice of thread), and refuse to acknowledge any deeper problems at the club? Fair enough, we're all powerless; fair enough, it's not within any of our control. But you seem to take this stance to a whole new level, which involves:

1. Refuse to blame or criticise the owner for anything - and hail him at all times.

2. Ridicule and pigeonhole those who do criticise or blame him.

3. As if part of a process of displacement, blame players or managers without good reason when you're just as powerless in their case too.

Given you've admitted you think the club will probably die sometime within your lifetime, that all seems very bizarre to me.

As for the difference in my response to you on this thread compared to others: the thing is, Acey, you're arrogant. I don't say that as an insult: it's quite plain you're very proud of being so, so it's simply a statement of fact on my part. Arrogant people are often very amusing, sometimes talk plenty of sense (hence me regularly agreeing with you); but at others, can be completely nauseating. Hence me disagreeing with you in this case. :)

PS. Liked Kick-Ass' response especially. What I don't get, though, is how he has his tongue up your rectum 24/7, and no-one says a word about it? :unsure:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

PS. Liked Kick-Ass' response especially. What I don't get, though, is how he has his tongue up your rectum 24/7, and no-one says a word about it? :unsure:

:o :o :o

:lawson:

You've obviously given my role on this board / as a Hearts supporter far more thought than I could ever dream of having myself! I eagerly anticipate the publication of the full thesis.

p.s. I'm sorely disappointed that you missed the slam-dunk opportunity of "Kick-Ass?!? MORE LIKE KISS-ASS". :angry:

shaun.lawson

You've obviously given my role on this board / as a Hearts supporter far more thought than I could ever dream of having myself! I eagerly anticipate the publication of the full thesis.

p.s. I'm sorely disappointed that you missed the slam-dunk opportunity of "Kick-Ass?!? MORE LIKE KISS-ASS". :angry:

But there it is again. Can't respond to the points raised, so just playing it cool... No wonder you and Therapist have such a mutual appreciation society going on.

As for the PS. Acey, I'm a nerd. Open goals like that bypass nerds like me completely. It's a pain that never ends. :(

shaun.lawson

Another virtual breakdown is on the cards, I feel. :(

I glanced at this thread a few hours ago, before disappearing to get some shopping. The specific reason I glanced at the thread was to satisfy my curiosity whether you'd speculated that I was having another breakdown.

Better late than never, Partridge. :thumbsup:

I glanced at this thread a few hours ago, before disappearing to get some shopping. The specific reason I glanced at the thread was to satisfy my curiosity whether you'd speculated that I was having another breakdown.

Better late than never, Partridge. :thumbsup:

Were you running around Waitrose licking the ham and smashing eggs off your face while seething at Acey's internet manner? :o

shaun.lawson

Were you running around Waitrose licking the ham and smashing eggs off your face while seething at Acey's internet manner? :o

Of course not. Waitrose sucks. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Chad Sexington

I'm glad I'm going out later because with the mood Lawson is in...things could get messy around here.

falling_down.jpg

I'm glad I'm going out later because with the mood Lawson is in...things could get messy around here.

falling_down.jpg

:rofl:

Something has snapped. It's not 'only a messageboard' anymore. This is life or death. Breakdown is imminent:(

shaun.lawson

falling_down.jpg

:D

I still don't understand what the hell he was doing cheating on Anne Archer with Glenn Close. (And yes, I know it was a different film, but still...)

But there it is again. Can't respond to the points raised, so just playing it cool... No wonder you and Therapist have such a mutual appreciation society going on.

Getting into a war of words with you would be like trying to out-ugly the Elephant Man. Nobody wins that battle. I'll spend my evening more productively, thanks. :)

As for the PS. Acey, I'm a nerd. Open goals like that bypass nerds like me completely. It's a pain that never ends. :(

Sorry for your loss.

Chad Sexington

Getting into a war of words with you would be like trying to out-ugly the Elephant Man. Nobody wins that battle.

ARF!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

shaun.lawson

:282: Lawson is apoplectic with rage.:282:

:D

Lawson is fine - and laughing at that genius one-liner too. :thumbsup:

Off topic but I see Mr Romanov is leathering GM on this.

Great stuff. The silent majority have spoken.

shaun.lawson

WTF is wrong with waitrose?

I hate it. I realise that leaves me in the minority, but for me, Tesco > M&S > Sainsburys >>>>>>> Waitrose.

southside1874

WTF is wrong with waitrose?

Indeed, great shop, great food and the staff are very polite and helpful.

Off topic but great to see these two have a wee ding dong. Both have a point IMO so I'll let them get on with it. I'm not overly happy about the way things are at Hearts but I love the way Romanov has his ding dong with the SFA. He is saying what I have thought for a while and wondered why no other club owner moaned about it. Then I realised it was politics and talking out may harm your business interests in Scotland. :rolleyes:

Archived